Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

The throne burning scene was good and would have worked if any of the rest of the season had been competently written.

But by the time we saw it everyone was already checked out, so instead you get "ACKCHULLY is a dragon dog smart or dolphin smart and furthermore dragonfire can't melt steel beams..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The best assassin in the world: Even I can't kill grandpa Tywin!

Arya, after two weeks of training: I've stabbed global warming to death!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Nap Ghost

steinrokkan posted:

How much budget does it take to copy paste arrow.blender couple times into a scene

I mean, we are not talking about showing each individual ballista firing a bolt, just show Euron ordering a volley and then show a barrage of bolts hitting the dragon.

anti-dragon flak cannons

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

LethalGeek posted:

There is just no defending the logic of the throne burning scene. There is no context in the story to explain it, it simply happens.

My friends and I printed out one of those death pools that were going around online and it had an"Extra Predictions" section. I put "a dragon will melt the throne" because I figured a) or would look cool and b) symbolism. Glad to know I could be an HBO writer since apparently they had the same thought process as me.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Nap Ghost

pooch516 posted:

My friends and I printed out one of those death pools that were going around online and it had an"Extra Predictions" section. I put "a dragon will melt the throne" because I figured a) or would look cool and b) symbolism. Glad to know I could be an HBO writer since apparently they had the same thought process as me.

but I thought symbolism is for 8th graders

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Sometimes it just so happens that the diarrhea spraying out of your rear end is symbolic of something, and even the greatest writers can fall victim to this unintentional apparent literary competence.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Where did Arya even leap from? Bran and the nightking were in the middle of the God Tree garden surrounded by white walkers

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Nap Ghost

Kazak posted:

Where did Arya even leap from? Bran and the nightking were in the middle of the God Tree garden surrounded by white walkers

steinrokkan posted:

Sometimes it just so happens that the diarrhea spraying out of your rear end is symbolic of something, and even the greatest writers can fall victim to this unintentional apparent literary competence.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

beric is still alive

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Nap Ghost

FuhrerHat posted:

beric is still alive

who cares?
raise your hands if you have never read the books, but, you remember who beric is

take your time.
I'll wait

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Collapsing Farts posted:

If the night king can be killed by a stab anywhere on his body I feel like maybe he shoulda worn armor instead of a goth-leather-dress thing

He was suicidal. He never wanted to be the Night King. Job sucks. Life sucks. Suicide by cop tiny ninja.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

He also had to be killed by a certain type of blade, and he may not have known that. It isn't like the elfs warned him to watch out for valyrian steel or dragon glass or whatever. He couldn't look up himself in the Monster Manual. He's like a werewolf who has never heard of silver. People tried to stab him before, it didn't do poo poo, so he decided to dress to impress.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
The dragons, much the same, simply didn't know that being hit by a pointy object would kill them as they never encountered such objects before.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

who cares?
raise your hands if you have never read the books, but, you remember who beric is

take your time.
I'll wait

idk i was trying to shitpost

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bradzilla posted:

Chernobyl beat GoT in a single episode

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Nap Ghost

FuhrerHat posted:

idk i was trying to shitpost

next time try harder

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Facebook Aunt posted:

He was suicidal. He never wanted to be the Night King. Job sucks. Life sucks. Suicide by cop tiny ninja.

I dunno, he seems pretty smirky when Dany fails to kill him with dragon fire. Maybe his innate trolliness outweighs his death wish.

Also lol @ looking up that scene because it briefly looks like Jon might get to do something exciting and meaningful, but NOPE.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
I wonder if Ned Stark resurrected as a white. :thunk:

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

I wonder if Ned Stark resurrected as a white. :thunk:

Imagine actually making them have to give a poo poo about the youngest Stark kid and bringing him back as a white Walker.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

Kazak posted:

In the last table reading they show in the making-of documentary, it explicitly says something to the effect of “Arya jumps off a pile of wight corpses” in the script. But they decided to not show that in the episode so it would be ~shocking~ I guess, otherwise we wouldn’t have gotten those sweet bar reactions.

And couldn’t even make the effort to toss a pile of prop corpses nearby so you could at least rationalize it after the fact, even if it didn’t show her jumping from it on screen.

Instead we get Arya doing something that is literally superhuman given what is shown on screen. Which is kind of neat I guess and visually striking and purposefully out of nowhere, but mostly just lazy and stupid.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
They dropped a few comments in the last few episodes about how the Night King wants to 'destroy all humans' and 'erase humanity from memory' and that's why he's starting with the three eyed raven, and that is supposed to be a good enough explanation for his thousands of years of motivation I guess.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Did Jon actually do anything this season except suckerpunchkill a tiny girl?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

You don't see white walkers ever fight over a stupid knife chair because they are good people and the rightful moral authority in Westeros.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Collapsing Farts posted:

Did Jon actually do anything this season except suckerpunchkill a tiny girl?

Killed some no random soldiers and zombies. Rode a dragon a couple times. hosed the same tiny girl he murdered. Got saved several times. Pretty much the same thing he did in other seasons, including loving the girl he killed.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Jon's sex partners: all dead
Robb's sex partners: all dead
Sansa's sex partners rapists: all dead
Arya's sex partner: Lord of Storm's End

Daenerys' husbands: dead
Daenerys' sex partners: alive

Cersei's sex partners: all killed by burning buildings or wild boars

Stannis' sex partners: all dead by suicide

Moral of the story: in the Game of Thrones you hit it and quit it with the short magic ladies or you die

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Hodor: also dead... Hmmmm.... I think Jon hosed Hodor!

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
everybody who ever died on this show was hosed by jon snow offscreen

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Jon Snow in response to Melisandre stripping off for him and intimating she is DTF (although for her own secret nefarious reasons): "Sorry, but I've only ever truly loved one woman, and she will be the only woman I will ever truly love." :nono::byewhore:

Jon Snow, hours after meeting Dany, who had previously shown no interest whatsoever: :circlefap::pervert::gizz:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

In the books did the targs have magic seductive eyebrows?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

poverty goat posted:

In the books did the targs have magic seductive eyebrows?

No but I'm sure gurm wished he thought of Emilia Clarke's eyebrows when he wrote game of thrones then again she was 15 at the time

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Glenn Quebec posted:

No but I'm sure gurm wished he thought of Emilia Clarke's eyebrows when he wrote game of thrones then again she was 15 at the time

So he was thinking that she's much too old to play the character she played.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Tag urself, I'm the medical alert bracelet

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Anyone member that grandma who died after watching the Ice King episode? I think she's one of the lucky ones

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Calaveron posted:

I'm WordStar 4.0, (c) 1987 MicroPro International

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Calaveron posted:

I'm the unseen "June 2006" date that the picture was taken in.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I'm George RR Martin, the author

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

I'm the 1987 office keyboard.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm WordStar 4.0, (c) 1987 MicroPro International

yopos bithc

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Evil Agita posted:

I'm George RR Martin, the author

How much would it cost to get a good ending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

How much would it cost to get a good ending

If you thought this was gonna have a good ending, you haven't been paying attention.