Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

sean10mm posted:

Even Exxon said not to pull out of the Paris Agreement lol

Basically Satan looked at Trump and said :wtc:

There's a PR component to this. Exxon might have gone on to say "wait, don't make it too blatant", but Scott Pruitt is still loving up the EPA with their blessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

This cartoonist does not understand scrabble's rules

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Like Trump is remotely capable of playing Scrabble.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Trogdos! posted:

No, I think he covered his rear end with 'If Trump played..."

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Trogdos! posted:

Those two sections might be connected to each other somewhere off to the lower-left? I can't really tell where on the board that's supposed to be so there may or may not be room for that.

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Like Trump is remotely capable of playing Scrabble.

He does seem to be playing against himself and not getting any bonus squares so he's loving it up in at least two ways (possibly three depending on what's going on off-camera)

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Are we gonna gently caress or what?

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

This is really creepy somehow.

It's okay for one character to address the reader directly.
It's okay for two characters to address each other.

It's not okay for two characters to look like they were addressing each other but turn their eyes towards you with LET US TELL YOU ABOUT THE MIRACLE WAR.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Killing Arabs and stealing their land: the miracle of the Six Day War.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

D.N. Nation posted:

Are we gonna gently caress or what?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I don't know why Israel is so coy about the Six-Day War but at the same time is like lol gently caress you, settlers rule

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Jurgan posted:

This is Deep Hurting? How many times has he used Two-Face as a political metaphor? It made sense with John McCain 2000 vs. 2008, and I think there were at least one or two others. Does he just really want to draw Batman comics?

It couldn't have been exactly the same, because no one had heard of Michelle Obama before 2008. I mean, I'm sure a few people had, but she was hardly a major spokesperson for the Democratic Party. It's also kind of weird that the Dems are on the right and the Reps on the left.

It is, and it should be addressed, but it shouldn't be our main focus. I'd rather talk about horrible policies like gutting Medicaid and kicking people off health insurance. I'd oppose those even if Trump were squeaky clean ethically, and polls suggest people care about that more than the Russia scandal.

Ehh, I think of it like Al Capone. Guy was a murderer, but he got pinched on tax evasion. Anything to put him away.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:hawaaaafap:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Tongues are drawn better than the rest of the 'toon. Really takes me out of it.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tom Toles wrote a blog post about the Paris accord with an awesome if clickbaity title

quote:

Trump has just declared war — on the United States of America

It is no longer difficult to put your finger on the single most dangerous, foolish and knowably wrong decision in contemporary American history.

President Trump’s decision to withdraw from the Paris climate accord, the last reasonable hope to prevent a runaway climate catastrophe, has been characterized many ways. It is correctly being described as the United States turning its back on global cooperation. It has been correctly described as a disaster-in-the-making for the climate of the Earth, all its people and all its ecosystems.

It should also be described as a declaration of war — against the United States. If this act has not been legally described as treason, let me describe it as treason right here.

Trump’s decision does not follow the expressed will of the majority of voters. His decision is not supported by Americans, period, in any state. It is a decision that will grievously harm the lands of the United States. It will grievously harm the waters of the United States. It will grievously harm the wildlife of the United States. It will grievously harm the economy of the United States. It will grievously harm the people of the United States. It will grievously harm every future generation in the United States. It destroys the last vestige of reasoned discourse in the United States. It has put the government of the United States in an acute crisis, the crisis of no longer being a sane representative of the country’s own interests.

All of this was foreseeable. And Trump was amply warned. Yet Trump acted as he did anyway. There are no longer any excuses to be made for this president. There is no longer any reason to let him remain in office. If you can think of higher crimes than the above, let us know what they would be.

Whether or not he or anyone in his campaign colluded with the Russian government to undermine our country no longer really matters. Trump is acting openly now to do just that.

He is at war with the vital interests of the United States. We cannot afford to let him remain in office to conduct that war.

A hot take by any definition, but I can't disagree

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Avirosb posted:

She zeld out :(
Not really. As much as I poo poo on Zelda in this thread I will give Lina Neidestam cudos for putting the strip on hiatus for half a year. That time was not spent on a beach in some exotic place (*cough* Rocky *cough*) but instead she trained to be a better artist. It really was night and day when she came back. Unlike most comic artists who hit it big she actually wanted to improve and did it.

How did it go with the guy you met in Mexico?

Yeah well, I thought it was love, but turns out it was gonorrhea.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

sean10mm posted:

Even Exxon said not to pull out of the Paris Agreement lol

Basically Satan looked at Trump and said :wtc:

All because of a handshake.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Lodin posted:

Not really. As much as I poo poo on Zelda in this thread I will give Lina Neidestam cudos for putting the strip on hiatus for half a year. That time was not spent on a beach in some exotic place (*cough* Rocky *cough*) but instead she trained to be a better artist. It really was night and day when she came back. Unlike most comic artists who hit it big she actually wanted to improve and did it.

What is the new Zelda and what is the old? I get the feeling I liked the art more before the artist got "better." Something about the art in the jogging for beach body strips makes it look kind of like the Simpsons when they went to HD. Like technically it's all a lot cleaner but it looks plastic and static.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Lodin posted:

This drawing is before or after? is really good, powerful almost disgusting.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
That's Ninas old style. Like I said, she took some months off and came back with a cleaner stroke.
I prefer the old one.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Trogdos! posted:

]

Trump will play scrabble with his handmaid after climate change makes half the women in the world sterile, agc

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

When you're too dumb for even Ramirez.

If only the Paris Accord had thought to include a glowing orb.

Jerry Brown

Uh...

It's so nice to have a reliable boogeyman you can always turn to when your guy is making GBS threads the bed Mr. Creosote-style.

Did you hear that, The Blacks? You're all swimming in wealth, so no complaining when your house gets vandalized with racist graffiti!

Bonus animation from KAL:

https://twitter.com/TheEconomist/status/869969983194804224

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Tei posted:

This drawing is before or after? is really good, powerful almost disgusting.

Lodin posted:

That's Ninas old style. Like I said, she took some months off and came back with a cleaner stroke.
I prefer the old one.

Yeah I think the old style is a lot better.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Sandpuppy posted:

It's so nice to have a reliable boogeyman you can always turn to when your guy is making GBS threads the bed Mr. Creosote-style.

When I hear "dumpster fire" and "won't shut up" in 2017, I think of Hillary Clinton.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Sandpuppy posted:

I think Ramirez is saying the Paris accord is a bad thing and we should ditch the umbrella. Although I can't be certain given Ramirez's track record with loving up basic metaphors.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Sandpuppy posted:

Huh? Ramirez's point is that we should leave the accord and enter the beautiful sunshine.

Edit: gently caress

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

Selachian posted:

Bell is rather missing the point.

Yeah, gently caress having an international alliance system that's brought stability and peace to unprecedented levels allowing our standard of living to expand to levels unmatched in all human history! I say every country for themselves, that worked out so well in the past. The increased chance of an industrial power fighting another industrial power surly will more than be made up for by a small cut to the military. Wait, we're abandoning our allies and increasing our military budget and we're cutting funding to clean water programs?

I think Bell may in fact have missed several points.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Was it Bors or Lubchansky that had a four-panel about MAGAs cackling with glee as they trigger libs by doing increasingly stupid things, and I think they all end up being killed by global warming? I know that's kind of a genre at this point, but I've had it in my mind the last couple of days.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Was it Bors or Lubchansky that had a four-panel about MAGAs cackling with glee as they trigger libs by doing increasingly stupid things, and I think they all end up being killed by global warming? I know that's kind of a genre at this point, but I've had it in my mind the last couple of days.

That was Bors, and IIRC the MAGA guy got killed by preventable disease while cackling about how triggered his liberal friend would be about his death

Healthcare was a bigger marquee issue than global warming at the time

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

That was Bors, and IIRC the MAGA guy got killed by preventable disease while cackling about how triggered his liberal friend would be about his death

Healthcare was a bigger marquee issue than global warming at the time

Looks like he did a couple of them:

MAGA on everything being terrible and dying of preventable disease.
MAGA on burning his steaks.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Sandpuppy posted:

Did you hear that, The Blacks? You're all swimming in wealth, so no complaining when your house gets vandalized with racist graffiti!

Kurtofan posted:

delonas is a sack of poo poo

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Ehh, I think of it like Al Capone. Guy was a murderer, but he got pinched on tax evasion. Anything to put him away.

The problem with that is that there's still a whole Republican Party with the same policy goals. It would be easy, if Trump left office early, for them to say "well, Trump was just an aberration, now let's get back to serious conservative policymaking." So I don't want us to lose sight of the fact that his policies are not much different from whoever would replace him.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Noted symbol of pure evil, Wonder Woman. What?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Angepain posted:

Wonder Woman is played by Gal Gadot in the new movie, and she is from Israel

I have no idea what her actual opinions are about I/P or whatever but her nationality is enough for a Latuff

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Angepain posted:

Probably a reference to the film being banned (or at least they attempted to) in Lebanon due to the actress being Israeli.

E: beaten. Though she has apparently posted pro-IDF messages on Facebook.

Kopijeger fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jun 2, 2017

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
A spectrum of Fish:

Not very Fish.

Getting there.

That's the stuff.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

loquacius posted:

Wonder Woman is played by Gal Gadot in the new movie, and she is from Israel

I have no idea what her actual opinions are about I/P or whatever but her nationality is enough for a Latuff

She is very pro-Israel/Zionist and was part of the Israeli Defense Force. An Arab friend of mine is boycotting it for that reason. For once, this is not just a knee-jerk reaction from Latuff.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

itskage posted:

Huh? Ramirez's point is that we should leave the accord and enter the beautiful sunshine.

Yeah, that makes more sense. I thought the label was more what the cartoon is roughly about, rather than an actual label, and Trump's decision was keeping the US in gloomy weather. I've stared too long into the abyss.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:nws::nws:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jun 3, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Jurgan posted:

She is very pro-Israel/Zionist and was part of the Israeli Defense Force. An Arab friend of mine is boycotting it for that reason. For once, this is not just a knee-jerk reaction from Latuff.

Do note that there's a general IDF draft, so that in itself isn't pertinent.

drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Nothing gets past this guy.

• Locked thread