Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

I know what 1488 means. I just didn't think it was a great joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

seiferguy posted:

My girlfriend and I decided to challenge each other to a weight loss goal. If we don't reach them by a certain time, we have to donate to awful charities / groups. If I lose, I have to donate to the NRA, if she loses she has to donate to the police legal defense fund.

Uhh why not just pick good charities and donate to them instead?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I wonder if Sean Spicer ever sat in that bunny costume during the Bush 2 admin and said "Well, at least this is the most humiliating thing the White House will ever ask me to do"

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

SHOAH NUFF posted:

If I don't mow the lawn this weekend, gotta donate to ISIS.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
My daughter was supposed to scoop out the cat liter last night. Needless to say she'll be marching with alt-right protesters this weekend.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Sean Spicer will probably be hired by CNN.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Sean Spicer trying to take passive aggressive shots against the White House will be great and terrible television.

Nov 6, 2002

He should have some insane stories to share, can't wait for the book.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Shangri-Law School posted:

Sean Spicer will probably be hired by CNN.

New press secretary Jeffrey Lord

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/anthony-scaramucci-expected-be-named-white-house-communications-director-n785076

quote:

Another source said Spicer is definitely staying on. The position was open so this is being seen as a bolstering of the staff, not a demotion for Spicer.

My favorite aspect of the Trump presidency is how quickly reality steps in to contradict anything anyone related to it says.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Do you guys ever get tired of being mad and looking at politics

I mean just reading about poo poo in this thread makes me both mad and exhausted

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Outrage fatigue was a real problem with the Bush (II) administration, although if I recall correctly, it took longer to set in. It's hard not to become numb to the weekly parade of unprecedentedly terrible decisions, blatant idiocy, actual straight up crimes, etc. etc. etc. At some point you tune out and that's what I'm worried about really: if Trump survives the next six months, he's going to make it through four years and then still be electable after because people stop paying attention.

Nov 6, 2002

Anthony Scaramucci looks like he stepped right out of "Boiler Room".

a neat cape posted:

I mean just reading about poo poo in this thread makes me both mad and exhausted

I don't find any of it really makes me angry. Certainly not compared to the Dubya years. Maybe it's better perspective, or because GBII was surrounded by people who were far more competent at executing their awful ideas.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Misery loves company and poo poo posting.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Further motivation to not be a fatty? :shrug:

a neat cape posted:

:same:

This thread backs my reasoning to stay the gently caress away from all politics. It seems stressful and annoying.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/adamparkhomenko/status/888431452530106368

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I don't find any of it really makes me angry. Certainly not compared to the Dubya years. Maybe it's better perspective, or because GBII was surrounded by people who were far more competent at executing their awful ideas.

For me it's very different. With Bush, he was just obviously kind of dumb, but also surrounded by warmongers. Congress was often in his way. The worst aspects were the wars of course, and Trump simply hasn't had the opportunity to be directly responsible for hundreds of thousands to maybe a couple million people's deaths (yet). On the other hand, Trump's thing... the tweets, the overt vulgarity, the all-out hot war with the media, the way he clearly prefers to get information from TV than from his own agencies and people, the inability to even bother to staff his administration... it's like, I don't want to say Bush himself was competent, but his actual administration at least felt like they were professionals. Professional assholes, definitely, but they were not obviously bewildered by things like "what is the law" and "what are our jobs" and "how do you at least try not to appear to be deeply racist and corrupt," poo poo like that.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

a neat cape posted:

At this point I ain't mad at this.

Trump is actively hiindering his party so honestly things are going better than I thought they would

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/caityweaver/status/888436222842023936

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

a neat cape posted:

I feel the same way reading about the Chargers

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

a neat cape posted:

If anything it makes me feel better. For the longest time I was worried this was a new rise of far right nationalism and watching it collapse under total incompetence has been very therapeutic.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I'm getting taken to one of the nicer steakhouse in Chicago for lunch by a service company my firm works with

:getin:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

10bux its not because he killed a woman, but because he discharged his weapon in his partner's face

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

10bux its not because he killed a woman, but because he discharged his weapon in his partner's face

Yeah last time I accidentally discharged in my partner's face she wouldn't talk to me for a week

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Hot Diggity! posted:

I'm getting taken to one of the nicer steakhouse in Chicago for lunch by a service company my firm works with

Joe's?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah last time I accidentally discharged in my partner's face she wouldn't talk to me for a week

:thurman:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Did you already schedule a siesta for after lunch?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

:holymoley:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

I feel the same way reading about the Chargers

Same

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Guys you get a free chipotle burrito if you go to their website and listen to a song

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Guys you get a free chipotle burrito if you go to their website and listen to a song

Mo Sanu somehow got a card that gives him free Chipotle for a year and I'm super jealous.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

a neat cape posted:

what song

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Hot Diggity! posted:

Gibson's? Chicago Cut?

Outback? :haw:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

It's a song you make depending on what ingredients you like in your burrito!

https://www.savorwavs.com

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
spicey noooooooo

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This seems like a reasonable man:

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/888009855973244929

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Uhhhhhh I don't know if I would be following that man around...

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Because "gently caress! I have to give money to the NRA" is a better motivator than "planned parenthood will put this money to good use."

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

quote:

“References to Kushner are part of online promotions by two businesses that are working with Kushner Companies to find Chinese investors willing to invest in the 1 Journal Square development in exchange for a US visa. The promotions are posted in Chinese and refer to Kushner Companies as ‘real estate heavyweights,’ going on to mention ‘the celebrity of the family is 30-something ‘Mr. Perfect’ Jared Kushner, who once served as CEO of Kushner Companies.’

Come the gently caress on, you can't take a man's shtick just because he's dead.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The steakhouse in question is Prime and Provisions and, unfortunately, I will not be able to nap after.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Spoeank posted:

spicey noooooooo

apparently this really pissed off bannon and pubis too, so maybe we get lucky and get a hat trick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Hot Diggity! posted:

The steakhouse in question is Prime and Provisions and, unfortunately, I will not be able to nap after.

Hey, the only thing better than steak is free steak...

Looking at the menu online, get the Bruleed Sweet Potato and Decadent Mac & Cheese for me. tia

• Locked thread