Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i reached it. just, by the time i did, i wasn't poor anymore and i no longer cared.

haha yep exactly 100%

oh great my rv insurance is 9 bucks a month. i so care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

libertarians hate government program, news at 11

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
hahaha christ

quote:

Indeed, when I first read about Cash for Clunkers, I thought it should have been named the “I Hate the Poor” Act of 2009 because—you can be sure—this program sticks it to those members of society least able to manage in hard times. In the end they will find maintaining economic autonomy all the harder, making it more likely they will become dependent on government in the future. The cynic in me wonders if this might be the actual intent.

kill whitey

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
i'll be quite frank, what i saw in my area, is suddenly folks who had reliable older cars, went strait to the dealership to get something new, their old car got glassed, and 4 months later they were coming back to us to get something used cause they couldn't keep up the payments on the new car + full cover insurance.

I mean one of the best times for us is tax time, simply because people can't manage money so we get a bunch of tax check down payments (which more or less cover our investment on the vehicle) and 3-5 months later we send out the repo man, then take the car to dealer auction.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

another offensive part is it required motors to be -destroyed- where they'd be mostly useless except to melt down

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

another offensive part is it required motors to be -destroyed- where they'd be mostly useless except to melt down

yep, if they just moved the ones that were still decent into the used market, where the gov subsidies made the cars more affordable it would have been a great thing. I mean honestly, I've seen a whole family in tears while I repo'd their car. It'd be nice if I didn't have to and they had one paid off.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lots of rich fuckos crushed their perfectly servicable old 3rd or 4th bmw for sick discounts on a new audi lmfao

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Jonny 290 posted:

lots of rich fuckos crushed their perfectly servicable old 3rd or 4th bmw for sick discounts on a new audi lmfao

the system works

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

syscall girl posted:

someone needs to make a viral video of a kid on a lawn tractor mowing a bunch of rare snes carts and star wars dolls

theres already one of a dad mowing a pile of xbox cds

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
nobody thinks xbox discs are valuable

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Jonny 290 posted:

serviceable is not a synonym for "needs service constantly" jonny

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Jonny 290 posted:

the max rebate was $4500, and there were limits on what you could buy with it

who the gently caress has a 20 year old bmw worth <$4500 and also buys a new audi for <$45k

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the max rebate was $4500, and there were limits on what you could buy with it

who the gently caress has a 20 year old bmw worth <$4500 and also buys a new audi for <$45k

not to buy an audi but they could buy a convertible v6 mustang for their children

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Nintendo Kid posted:

serviceable is not a synonym for "needs service constantly" jonny

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Deacon of Delicious posted:

yeah, this new generation is so much worse than the older generation

-every single generation since the beginning of time

actually the boomers are much worse than any other generation

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies
yeah, that's the opposite of how it's always been. now the previous generation was worse. the boomers are disrupting the cycle of generational complaints

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
its because they lived too god drat long

when we're all in our 120s and still looking forward to another 2 or 300 years of life we will be as bad or worse to our descendants as the baby boomers are to us, i guarantee it

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
boomers actually hated their parents first (or before this generation did)

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

people always complain about how kids these days are being raised but never ask why the parents are raising them that way

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

vOv posted:

people always complain about how kids these days are being raised but never ask why the parents are raising them that way
one of my favorite anti-generational attacks is that kids these days are awarded for every little thing, as if it were their fault

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
e: nvm i went back and this has already been posted

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Gus Hobbleton posted:

its because they lived too god drat long

when we're all in our 120s and still looking forward to another 2 or 300 years of life we will be as bad or worse to our descendants as the baby boomers are to us, i guarantee it

lol if you seriously think you'll make it past 90 or so

death claims us all, ain't no singularity gonna save you

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
was gonna post the super troopers 2 one because someone bought the loving top reward first day of funding for 35k, but poo poo i got hope for broken lizard, they make some funny poo poo.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Instant Grat posted:

e: nvm i went back and this has already been posted

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Soricidus posted:

oh the things that i believed when i was 12 :allears:

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Soricidus posted:

yeah youre right most of us will live to normal ages of 60-70 (the average lifespan will probably go down) and the oligarchs will live to 1000 because money

either way we will be insufferable old shits i guarantee it

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Soricidus posted:

the boomers will outlive us all

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/80789521/jamstik-the-smartguitar?ref=home_popular

Yes, I shall purchase your $200 earth dollar device that will teach me how to play the first 6 frets of a guitar like a ukulele instead of buying a $100 el cheapo guitar from a pawn shop and buying Rocksmith ($40) and just learning how to play a REAL FULL SIZE loving GUITAR

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
but but but this is bluetooth and there's an iOS ap...

YOUR loving IPHONE IS TERRIBLE AS AN INSTRUMENT LEARNING DEVICE YOU loving PRATT

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'm the $1800 backpack incentive

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/forrestmaready/crosstap-universal-typing-software-from-the-future

quote:

With CrossTap, you can type like you talk, with words instead of letters. So there's a simple gesture for elephant

Im tyhpnig from mi phonf at oven 100 wpm!

The real pro-click is the "speed compare" video where he has hard-coded the test sentence into the program. Typing "The quick red fox jumped over the lazy brown dog" has NEVER been so easy!

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Shazback posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/forrestmaready/crosstap-universal-typing-software-from-the-future

Im tyhpnig from mi phonf at oven 100 wpm!

The real pro-click is the "speed compare" video where he has hard-coded the test sentence into the program. Typing "The quick red fox jumped over the lazy brown dog" has NEVER been so easy!
Homework on an Xbox?

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I get a weird Glenn Beck vibe from that guy.

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:
ok so a team of 4 people have gathered around this guy who thinks that the world needs a typing system that has a different layout for every word, and made a very professionally edited video that opens with the words "this is an iphone, it's from outer space"

this is definitely one of the weirder kickstarters i've ever seen

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

the multi-language support would work if all languages werent completely different

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
how about you just not loving type while driving

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
idk, how hard could remembering a multi-million entry mapping with a gesture for every single word in existence be while driving ten miles per hour above the speed limit

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

how about everybody throw their phones in the garbage. jesus

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Shazback posted:

that's no even the right sentence :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
How razorback-jumping frogs can level six piqued gymnasts!

• Locked thread