Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Man why isn't Nintendo selling DS games through the 3DS eShop? I got WarioWare Touched through Club Nintendo, and it plays perfectly.

I want to play DS games on the 3DS, not the WiiU. Come on Nintendo I'm trying to give you my money here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fausty
May 16, 2014

"Flowers!"
"Is there a
John Luck Pickerd
here?"

Anyone know why I can't access the eshop on my New 3DS XL? Used to work just fine, but I hadn't used it in a few months and just started to play games again. Every time I try to get on the eshop I get the error code: 005-5964.

My NNiD isn't banned, I know that. I can access miiverse, I don't have any emails about that, and I don't have any notifications about it.

EDIT: And before anyone suggests these, yes, I have restarted my 3DS, fixed the DMZ, and even turned off the firewall when that didn't work.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Warioware Touched isn't just a ROM you can download to your 3DS, it's a game that was recompiled as a DSiWare app, which takes a lot more work than a typical VC release and has restrictions that mean it'll only ever be possible for a certain subset of games.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

MinibarMatchman posted:

I'm also sad that while Konami dumped a lot of games on the VC, they forgot to dig up Ninja Five-O, their best GBA gem

I just found out about this game last week and now I'm sad all over again about Konami being awful now.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Warioware Touched isn't just a ROM you can download to your 3DS, it's a game that was recompiled as a DSiWare app, which takes a lot more work than a typical VC release and has restrictions that mean it'll only ever be possible for a certain subset of games.

Oh I didn't know that.

But I can play regular DS games on my 3DS.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Man why isn't Nintendo selling DS games through the 3DS eShop? I got WarioWare Touched through Club Nintendo, and it plays perfectly.

I want to play DS games on the 3DS, not the WiiU. Come on Nintendo I'm trying to give you my money here.

They had to REALLY fudge the game's code to get it on the 3DS as a DSi title, the console's DS hardware is routed through the card slot or something, so they can't just point it to run from the SD card normally.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I just found out about this game last week and now I'm sad all over again about Konami being awful now.

Konami's been pretty good with the VC so far but I think the issue holding back Ninja 5-0 is that it was never released in Japan and was barely released anywhere else, so it probably hasn't even crossed the minds of the Japanese team that selects games for release on VC.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

But it has to reboot for that, and you have no access to 3DS functions while DSing.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Oh I didn't know that.

Are you saying Nintendo could maybe have done a better job architecting their systems? No way

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Obviously Nintendo wants you to buy a flashcard

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Konami's been pretty good with the VC so far but I think the issue holding back Ninja 5-0 is that it was never released in Japan and was barely released anywhere else, so it probably hasn't even crossed the minds of the Japanese team that selects games for release on VC.

Also where the gently caress is the original Contra.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Discount Viscount posted:

Also where the gently caress is the original Contra.

Pinned beneath a pachinko machine in Konami's sub-basement.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
It's just nuts because Super C and Contra III are up on all three Virtual Console services, yet the original just isn't for some reason.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I WANT CONTRA HARD CORPS

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Sarchasm posted:

Pinned beneath a pachinko machine in Konami's sub-basement.

Nonsense, Contra is alive and well... on smartphones... in China:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFVXuGJpnaY

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/748408776433221632

Splatoon is 25% off next week. This comes after the final Splatfest was announced.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Rexroom posted:

Splatoon is 25% off next week. This comes after the final Splatfest was announced.
Alternatively, you could get this nifty mobile game... :haw:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of June 30):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens - €49.99 / £39.99 (June 28)
WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Ziggurat - €15.00 / £12.00
    Midnight 2 - €1.99 / £1.79
    Runbow (demo)
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors - Legends of Hyrule Season Pass - €9.99 / £8.99 for Wii U, €16.99 / £15.29 for Wii U + 3DS
    Hyrule Warriors - Character Pack (Linkle, Skull Kid, Tetra, Toon Link, King, Ganondorf's Trident)- €11.99 / £10.79
    Hyrule Warriors - Link's Awakening Pack (Marin, Pegasus Boots weapon for Linkle)- €4.99 / £4.49, €8.99 / £8.09 for Wii U + 3DS
    Minecraft Battle Map Season Pass - €9.99 / £7.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Another World Anniversary Edition (Wii U eShop) - €2.35 / £2.15 until July 7
    Splatoon (Wii U) - "25% off" from July 7-21

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens - €39.99 / £29.99 (June 28)
    Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma - €39.99 / £32.00 (June 28)
    Teddy Together - €39.99 / £34.99 (July 1)
    Monster Hunter Generations (demo)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    BOXBOXBOY! - €4.99 / £4.49
    The Battle Cats POP! - €9.99 / £8.99 (June 27)
b]3DS VIDEO DOWNLOADS[/B]
    Shaun the Sheep: Episodes 1-5 - €1.99 / £1.79 (permanent price reduction)
    Shaun the Sheep: Episodes 6-10 - €1.99 / £1.79 (permanent price reduction)
    Shaun the Sheep: Episodes 11-15 - €1.99 / £1.79 (permanent price reduction)
    Shaun the Sheep: Episodes 1-15 + Making Of - €3.99 / £3.59 (permanent price reduction)
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors - Legends of Hyrule Season Pass - €14.99 / £13.49 for Wii U, €16.99 / £15.29 for 3DS + Wii U
    Hyrule Warriors - Link's Awakening Pack (Marin, Pegasus Boots weapon for Linkle, LA adventure map, fairy skins)- €6.99 / £6.29 for 3DS, €8.99 / £8.09 for 3DS + Wii U
    Fire Emblem Fates Map Pack 1 - (11 maps, released weekly) - €17.99 / £16.19
  • Fire Emblem Fates: Anna on the Run (Anna, difficulty *) - €1.99 / £1.79
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Jett Rockett 2; The Wrath of Taikai (3DS eShop) - €6.70 / £5.70 until July 7
    Fairune (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.59 until July 7
    Another World Anniversary Edition (3DS eShop) - €2.35 / £2.15 until July 7
    Shigeki no Kyojin: Humanity in Chains (3DS eShop) - €14.99 / £12.00 until July 7

NA update (week of June 30):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens - $49.99
WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Invanoid - $1.49
    Prism Pets - $2.99
    Runbow (demo)
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Minecraft: Story Mode - Episodes 2-5 "available to purchase"
    Hyrule Warriors - Legends of Hyrule Season Pass - $9.99 for Wii U, $19.99 for Wii U + 3DS
    Hyrule Warriors - Character Pack (Linkle, Skull Kid, Tetra, Toon Link, King, Ganondorf's Trident)- $12.99
    Hyrule Warriors - Link's Awakening Pack (Marin, Pegasus Boots weapon for Linkle)- $4.99 for Wii U, $9.99 for Wii U + 3DS
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES) - $7.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Citizens of Earth (Wii U eShop) - "on sale" until July 4
    Another World Anniversary Edition (Wii U eShop) - "on sale" until July 7

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma - $39.99
    LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens - $29.99
    Monster Hunter Generations (demo)
    7th Dragon III VFD (demo)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    BOXBOXBOY! - $4.99
    The Battle Cats POP! - $9.99
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors - Legends of Hyrule Season Pass - $14.99 for Wii U, $19.99 for Wii U + 3DS
    Hyrule Warriors - Link's Awakening Pack (Marin, Pegasus Boots weapon for Linkle, LA adventure map, fairy skins)- $6.99 for 3DS, $9.99 for Wii U + 3DS
3DS MENU THEMES (June 24)
    Rhythm Heaven Megamix Costumed Tebiri - ?
    Rhythm Heaven Megamix Ringside - ?
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Legend of Legacy (3DS) - $29.99 until July 4
    Attack on Titan: Humanity in Chains (3DS eShop) - $14.99 until July 4
    Another World Anniversary Edition (3DS eShop) - "on sale" until July 7
    Etrian Odyssey 4 (3DS) - $9.99 until July 11
    Etrian Mystery Dungeon (3DS) - $19.99 until July 11
    Conception 2: Children of the 7 Stars (3DS) - $9.99 until July 11
    SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS) - $9.99 until July 11
    The Delusions of Von Sottendorf and His Squared Mind (3DS eShop) - $7.99 until July 14
    Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH (3DS eShop) - $2.24 until July 21

Just to be clear, the Hyrule Warriors DLC for Wii U only includes characters and weapons, it doesn't include the new maps or any of the new features that are present in the 3DS version.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I really wish they could (or would) patch all the 3DS stuff into the WiiU game, as it is it feels like there's no definitive version, WiiU looks a lot better but 3DS plays better (apart from the camera) and has more content.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I really wish they could (or would) patch all the 3DS stuff into the WiiU game, as it is it feels like there's no definitive version, WiiU looks a lot better but 3DS plays better (apart from the camera) and has more content.

DECISION GAME
zero: graphics or gameplay......life is simply unfair

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Help Im Alive posted:

DECISION GAME
zero: graphics or gameplay......life is simply unfair

You will need answers from both to complete the real game.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

less laughter posted:

Paper Mario: Sticker Star 2 is coming out in October.

that'll go over like a lead balloon.

where the gently caress is my Rusty's Real Deal 2?????

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I think the people who wrote Rusty are now writing for that shitlord badge rabbit.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I think the people who wrote Rusty are now writing for that shitlord badge rabbit.

if true then I'm looking forward to that rabbit going through a lengthy divorce and forcing us to rekindle his marriage through a rigorous story filled with donuts and haggling

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Well then it's a win since we actually got Badge Arcade

Spigs
Jun 5, 2008
Got so excited when I saw Mario RPG and than equally as depressed when I realized it wasn't for 3DS. I just want to play my favorite game from my childhood while stuck on the train for my commute. Is that too much to ask Nintendo?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Badge arcade doesn't work for me anymore, it claims my memory is full even though I got a poo poo ton of space.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Spigs posted:

Got so excited when I saw Mario RPG and than equally as depressed when I realized it wasn't for 3DS. I just want to play my favorite game from my childhood while stuck on the train for my commute. Is that too much to ask Nintendo?

Bring your Wii U on the train.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I wrote your transit authority and asked them to install WiiU devices in the back of the seats, waiting for them to get back to me. Best of luck. Your friend, Sonic.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Spigs posted:

I'd be curious to see if they CAN make it work on 3DS. It's a pretty esoteric-looking game compared to most SNES titles, and that generally means shenanigans are occuring to make the code work under the hood.

Though that said, they got Mode 7 graphics working with F-Zero, Pilotwings, and Super Mario Kart, so who knows :iiam:.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Spellman posted:

I've seen or played most of the games on the American Wii U Virtual Console at some point in my life, and most of them are at least average. A few sneak in like Bases Loaded or Spelunker yea. But just going through Natsume's Wii U VC catalog for example, almost everything they dropped was like a 7/10 or higher. Even still, they're using publishers with a high pedigree.

Don't take the piss too hard out of Bases Loaded. By modern standards, sure, it's crap, but back at the time of its release it was so far ahead of about any sports game that you can imagine. Firstly, the broadcast perspective was almost never used then, and being able to throw pitches fast/slow, inside/outside and high/low was a huge change. Also, the game had something like 12 teams with 30 players or so each (even MLB rosters are capped at 25), each with his own name, position(s), and stats. There were also ways to make batters charge the mound and, if you pinch hit for an infielder with an outfielder, the game would make you sub in a player of the proper position. I loved top-down games like Baseball Stars, but the original Bases Loaded was a pioneer in a lot of ways.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
There's nothing all that special about it, the sprites were just made off of renders, like Donkey Kong Country, but they're still sprites obeying the normal limitations of the hardware.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

greatn posted:

There's nothing all that special about it, the sprites were just made off of renders, like Donkey Kong Country, but they're still sprites obeying the normal limitations of the hardware.

Exactly, the stuff that's harder to do is stuff with addon chips.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spigs posted:

For a good 3DS Mario RPG might I suggest Paper Jam?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I just finished Sticker Star this weekend and really liked it. I think the games main problem was Chapter 2. Chapter 2 was uninteresting and had too many enemies and at that point in the game you don't have the resources to handle them yet. The puzzles in it and right after in order to access the next chapter are obtuse.

But chapters 3 and 4 are great, 5 is good, and 6 is great again. I actually quit after chapter 2 for several months, but picked it up again recently and was very glad I did.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

greatn posted:

Badge arcade doesn't work for me anymore, it claims my memory is full even though I got a poo poo ton of space.

This happened to me and if I remember right a kind goon set me straight with the advice to delete Badge Arcade's "Extra" data. It didn't mess with any of the badges I already had obtained or placed, just have to go through the tutorial screens again.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Manky posted:

This happened to me and if I remember right a kind goon set me straight with the advice to delete Badge Arcade's "Extra" data. It didn't mess with any of the badges I already had obtained or placed, just have to go through the tutorial screens again.

Yeah, this was the solution for me as well. I've had to do it a few times, it's a hassle.

I went months and months not being able to use the badge arcade just after it was released until I finally happened upon that solution online.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

So, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Super Mario Land 2, Wario Ware Touched and the Mario and DK My Nintendo themes on My Nintendo all expire at 4 am EST... I hope we get some good replacements.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Spellman posted:

I've seen or played most of the games on the American Wii U Virtual Console at some point in my life, and most of them are at least average. A few sneak in like Bases Loaded or Spelunker yea. But just going through Natsume's Wii U VC catalog for example, almost everything they dropped was like a 7/10 or higher. Even still, they're using publishers with a high pedigree.

I'd unironically buy and enjoy Spelunker, even if I never made it pass the first level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

greatn posted:

I just finished Sticker Star this weekend and really liked it. I think the games main problem was Chapter 2. Chapter 2 was uninteresting and had too many enemies and at that point in the game you don't have the resources to handle them yet. The puzzles in it and right after in order to access the next chapter are obtuse.

But chapters 3 and 4 are great, 5 is good, and 6 is great again. I actually quit after chapter 2 for several months, but picked it up again recently and was very glad I did.

I hate to tell people "they're playing it wrong" but I can't help but think a lot of people played Sticker Star wrong. Approach every battle like a puzzle. "How can I finish this in one turn". Use your good stickers. Use your things. You get money after the battle. You get more money if you do it in one turn. Use that money to buy more good stickers! If you're sitting on 8k coins and are using six normal jumps to finish an encounter because you want to "save" your good stickers, you're playing it wrong! All you have to spend money on is stickers! Use the drat stickers!!

Sticker Star is very good.