Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Cyrano4747 posted:

I'm also a little pissed at the 2c right now due to the 2cERPPC pop tart thing that's becoming disturbingly popular. So. loving. Annoying.

Did some twitch superstar just popularize them or something?

they're one of the standard mechs to bring for medium slots in standoff comp decks, so every time someone watched the MWOWC (lol) they saw Emp's folks dominating with them

it's them, the 4 UAC/2 hunchie, occasionally a Shadow Cat, a Griffin-3M/2N/SHD-2D2/HBK-4SP if you're brawly,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeti Fiasco
Aug 19, 2010
I'm having lots of fun in my IIc with 4 cAC/2's.

Can someone remind me, is there a cooldown period between leaving a unit and joining another?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
I think the hunch bunch works because we have:

-Stuff that goes relatively the same speed,

-Stuff that has relatively the same weapon range,

-4 really tanky hunches driven by maniacs that charge in,

-8 other hunches that have all a damage focus, 2 UACs, shitloads of lasers, AC20, &c.

-Limited coordination because how well can anyone focus when we're all drunk. Better than a sober pubbie for sure however that doesn't say much.

So if we want to use different mechs we can probably make it work as long as we fit that mold of same speed, same range, 4 tanks and 8 dps.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
All clan mechs are of similar tankiness and dps if you are looking at variants of the same chassis.

Unless you are talking about gauss hunch iics or something.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
I wonder how the hunch bunch would fare as a first drop in the faction quick play. It would still leave you with 215 tons to play with.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Urbie tactical recce squad

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

sebmojo posted:

Urbie tactical recce squad

This needs to happen.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

TeeMerk posted:

I wonder how the hunch bunch would fare as a first drop in the faction quick play. It would still leave you with 215 tons to play with.

it'd have to do swarm work against a large number of MAD-IICs and Kodiaks :(

I think it could work if we were real drat good about sticking together

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I was surprised how well the hunchening went last night, was the first time I'd managed to be a part of one.

That said it seemed to go the worst when we were up against huge numbers of assaults. Not sure it'd go well against a 12 KDK/MAD IIC first wave.

On the flip side, bringing a medium means you can bring 12 Atlases...

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
maybe the solution is to first-wave it with 12 Atlases to close to brawling range and hopefully own the clan assault wave, and save the hunchbunch for cleanup?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Pattonesque posted:

maybe the solution is to first-wave it with 12 Atlases to close to brawling range and hopefully own the clan assault wave, and save the hunchbunch for cleanup?

Honestly a suicide rush with 12 mediums that only succeeds in killing 6 or so of their assaults is still a win. After that you can play smarter with drops where you'll out-ton them.

Like everything this is going to run into problems if you're facing coordinated, competent players. 12 hunchies running into 12 assaults will have a problem. 12 hunchies that run into the half of the line clustered around some point and kill them is another thing all together.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

aniviron posted:

I was surprised how well the hunchening went last night, was the first time I'd managed to be a part of one.

That said it seemed to go the worst when we were up against huge numbers of assaults. Not sure it'd go well against a 12 KDK/MAD IIC first wave.

On the flip side, bringing a medium means you can bring 12 Atlases...

That's definitely a problem but, I think most of our losses last night happened from dumb calls like when I sent us down the ramp in mining collective and we got sandwiched between two lances of heavies/assaults.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Q_res posted:

You could always drop to just 1 SPL in the left arm, drop the TComp to a Mk I and then add a heatsink and another ton of ammo.

Leaning on the SPL's is a "good thing". The right side will get the 20 pulled off it the moment you lose the armor, so if you get through all 3 tons of ammo, :golfclap: .

You either ninja-flank or play vulture with this guy. NEVER charge in as the tip of the spear... like I always do.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Azuth0667 posted:

That's definitely a problem but, I think most of our losses last night happened from dumb calls like when I sent us down the ramp in mining collective and we got sandwiched between two lances of heavies/assaults.

I'll have you know I was the maniac that did that.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Most clan mech drop decks are a combination of timber wolves, hellbringers, and ebon jags. Assaults are kind of rare to see, and the ones you do see are the 80 and 85 tonners.

Because of the weight disparity and quirks it is super easy to just tear them apart in trading fights, because you'll generally be around ten tons up on the clan counterpart that you're fighting, and the good IS chassis available are able to absolutely loving slaughter the opposing clan mechs. You don't even have to depend on brawling away equal tonnage anymore.

If you do very basic coordination, move at the same speed, and actually land your shots on the focused target you will roll pub drops horribly no matter what you drop, but some things do it better than others. In my opinion hunchbacks are too slow and too light to close in on long range poking drops, and they don't mount enough firepower in their weight to take on dedicated clan brawlers.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Everyone bring two pokey Battlemasters and watch as you never lose a drop again

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Pattonesque posted:

Everyone bring two pokey Battlemasters and watch as you never lose a drop again

Pretty much. Two battlemasters, a blackjack, and a locust will crush clanners. Another fun one with 265 tons is a warhammer and three thunderbolts.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Commoners posted:

Most clan mech drop decks are a combination of timber wolves, hellbringers, and ebon jags. Assaults are kind of rare to see, and the ones you do see are the 80 and 85 tonners.

Because of the weight disparity and quirks it is super easy to just tear them apart in trading fights, because you'll generally be around ten tons up on the clan counterpart that you're fighting, and the good IS chassis available are able to absolutely loving slaughter the opposing clan mechs. You don't even have to depend on brawling away equal tonnage anymore.

If you do very basic coordination, move at the same speed, and actually land your shots on the focused target you will roll pub drops horribly no matter what you drop, but some things do it better than others. In my opinion hunchbacks are too slow and too light to close in on long range poking drops, and they don't mount enough firepower in their weight to take on dedicated clan brawlers.

Are you trying to push a phoenix hawk deathsquad :c00lbutt:?

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Phoenix hawks are not one of the good IS chassis and would flop and die horribly.

Fumblemouse
Mar 21, 2013

STANDARD
DEVIANT
Grimey Drawer
Used the free gift premium time to play a few 1v1 matches in the 'Steiner Coliseum'.

It's a lot more fun that the standard re-purposed battle grounds, as there's no place to really hide and the various, closely built objects and levels stop it from degenerating into another circling brawl, though the 'run away firing' tactic as an Urbie means you run into stuff a hell of a lot.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

The secret urbanmech weakness that not a lot of people know about is that if an urbanmech is running away just shoot it in its buttplate. It counts as rear CT and since their structure quirks got turned into front armor you can blow them up almost instantly since most people in urbanmechs frontload armor.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Commoners posted:

All but that last sentence should be put into a staggered macro for your CW drops.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009
If anyone has the roles to pick us a contract in GIRL that would be pretty awesome, can't do any faction poo poo right now.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

armchairyoda posted:

Leaning on the SPL's is a "good thing". The right side will get the 20 pulled off it the moment you lose the armor, so if you get through all 3 tons of ammo, :golfclap: .

You either ninja-flank or play vulture with this guy. NEVER charge in as the tip of the spear... like I always do.

Totally get it, I run a Hellbringer that's 6 SPL and a TarComp VI with the cooldown and range modules. It's fun.

Magwai
Aug 16, 2002
Snail Priest

Q_res posted:

Totally get it, I run a Hellbringer that's 6 SPL and a TarComp VI with the cooldown and range modules. It's fun.

I really want to try this now.

--edit, tried it, was indeed fun.

Magwai fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 23, 2016

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Q_res posted:

I run ECM 2lpl and 6 smalls on my HBR. It lets you snipe until the team moves their fat asses into brawl range, and when poo poo gets real, 6smalls do some work.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Edit: Salt

Grognan fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Dec 23, 2016

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

6MPL HBR masterrace. It's like a scalpel for legs.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Commoners posted:

after an hour of group play earlier i'm convinced 95% of this game's population actually play the game using a steering wheel and pedals

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
if anyone in Girl wants to be IS but cant afford an invite for WoL, feel free to msg myself or Wordy for an invite to JND.
Our cost is still only like 250k/invite.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
robots can be fun

get your stockings goons

alsooo

Jade Raven my man? bitch?

maybe my manbitch

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Somehow EU pubs manage to be worse than NA pubs.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Artificer posted:

The biggest problem is that they barely ever talk, either because they're embarrassed about their English or because they're Scandispergs.

Talking is the #1 predictor of match success in pub queues. It doesn't even matter what you're talking about. Even if you start shooting the poo poo about the latest movies, somehow that is still extremely likely to lead to an easy win.

Yeti Fiasco
Aug 19, 2010

Artificer posted:

EU confirmed worst, they generally seem to lack any kind of teamwork capability at all.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

The talk a lot once SCOUT HERE happens on one of the few remaining maps you can do it on.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
If you can deal with the lag, AUS pubs are actually the easiest to grind cbills / skills on. I don't know if it's being Australian or what, but the lot of them seem to be functionally retarded.

Also, if you call them abbos, the tard rage over the in game VOIP is spectacular.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dueling Bandsaws
Mar 3, 2016

Skoll posted:

If you can deal with the lag, AUS pubs are actually the easiest to grind cbills / skills on. I don't know if it's being Australian or what, but the lot of them seem to be functionally retarded.

Also, if you call them abbos, the tard rage over the in game VOIP is spectacular.

I suspect both of those are probably due to every Australian news channel and paper essentially being Fox News.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
If GIRL folks need quick CW points right now IS pubs are the easiest people in the world to farm

LRM centurions, LRM stalkers, LRM vindicators -- all are available for you to pump damage into

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

So if you want dem cockpit items but the tug of war for the (single) faction conflict isn't at the right spot, you're poo poo outta luck, aren't you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Skoll posted:

"play with goons, it's better than playing with pubbies"

"lol if you call these guys racial slurs it makes them really mad"

• Locked thread