Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Today I learned Moderaterna has Thatcher quotes on their walls.

https://www.dn.se/ledare/regeringen-tamjer-inte-sd-det-ar-precis-tvartom/

Edit: Or some stupid liberal think tank

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that's Sweden's leading right-wing think tank, Timbro. The guy in the photo is Benjamin Dousa, former leader of MUF (Moderaterna's youth wing)

Their latest Thing has been releasing a book on why the gig economy is actually good and desirable

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://omni.se/sd-vill-slopa-forsta-maj-och-reglera-regnbagsflaggan/a/GMjwPV

Least butthurt fascist.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

https://twitter.com/axljka/status/1619238724478574592

This whole comment section is the most Swedish-Online thing I've ever seen.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I’ve long maintained that Swedish Twitter is among the most anal and pearl-clutching communities online. Every tweet that isn’t racist screeds is an outraged kulturkrönikör whispering the holy importance of democracy and freedom of speech. And then there’s that ^^ ofc, jokers being tut-tuted by Jokers.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.gp.se/nyheter/sverige/regeringen-skrotar-utredning-om-korruption-1.91106296

I guess we don't need waste money on looking for corruption when there's no...

https://sverigesradio.se/artikel/korruptionen-i-sverige-okar-samsta-placeringen-pa-11-ar

Oh...

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

S is going to need to step up their game. If the current government actually does deliver elstöd. Even a late one. Then the propaganda value of "by November" is going to be zero by the next election. I worry that they will keep harping on that one and decorum stuff until then.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Feliday Melody posted:

S is going to need to step up their game. If the current government actually does deliver elstöd. Even a late one. Then the propaganda value of "by November" is going to be zero by the next election. I worry that they will keep harping on that one and decorum stuff until then.

THey need to step up the game but attacking the elstöd, even when delivered, is super easy.

For example, there's no limit on the payments.

Also, the calculations are hosed up, meaning that some consumers will be repaid MORE than what they paid for their electricity.

So basically the elstöd will now PAY rich people with huge homes for using electricity. And how much they are getting is secret for 20 years. So yeah, everything is hosed up and a looooooot of voters are getting poo poo (pretty much everyone in an apartment) while the wealthiest are getting money shoveled over them by the government. It's like peak Moderaterna, and is a very simple talking point for tearing down whatever tiny fig leaf of "Nya Moderaterna" that has survived in some dusty corner of their head office since Reinfeldt's gang was cleared out.

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/...ler-hela-landet

Melin (yeah I know, but sometimes she has a point) covered it here. But yeah, S can easily bang the (objectively true) drum that this is a corrupt way for the government to move money from the average voter to the wealthy without going through the typical route of tax cuts etc.

This extension alone is also costing 10 billion SEK, which will also cause rumblings in the Tidölag as the Swedish economy seems to be decreasing faster than expected (BNP going -0.5 this quarter which is lower than pretty much anyone expected), meaning that there'll be even less money to spend on reforms than the meagre outlook of just a few days ago. Basically there's just not that much real politics you can push when the four parties can't agree and you don't have a booming economy allowing you to fund several darling projects of each party at once.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Privatizing the winnings, socializing the losses.
I love my government.

I wish we'd borrow some of the cool ideas from France. Particularly France ca 1789.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

lilljonas posted:

THey need to step up the game but attacking the elstöd, even when delivered, is super easy.

For example, there's no limit on the payments.

Also, the calculations are hosed up, meaning that some consumers will be repaid MORE than what they paid for their electricity.

So basically the elstöd will now PAY rich people with huge homes for using electricity. And how much they are getting is secret for 20 years. So yeah, everything is hosed up and a looooooot of voters are getting poo poo (pretty much everyone in an apartment) while the wealthiest are getting money shoveled over them by the government.
A colleague of mine could literally be getting paid to heat his stupid enormous country house to 27C.
It's beyond stupid.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

evil_bunnY posted:

A colleague of mine could literally be getting paid to heat his stupid enormous country house to 27C.
It's beyond stupid.

Yeah some policies are stupid if you follow the cause and effect a few steps, which makes it easier to for those responsible to shuffle the cards and muddy the waters. This is just plain as day dumb in a way that even non-policy wonks can grasp how amazingly unfair it is. This doesn't solve the issue for M and KD, this will stick to their shoes like poo poo for a long time.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Paludan vs. Kadyrov. Whoever loses, we win.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

Paludan vs. Kadyrov. Whoever loses, we win.
Two pieces of poo poo enter, zero leave.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i'm imagining paludan with his own fief and death squads and genuinely had a little shivering sensation

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

V. Illych L. posted:

i'm imagining paludan with his own fief and death squads and genuinely had a little shivering sensation

I had quite different thoughts, but yeah, that's a little much. Thankfully "only" 1.8% of the population thinks he should be in parliament.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

SplitSoul posted:

I had quite different thoughts, but yeah, that's a little much. Thankfully "only" 1.8% of the population thinks he should be in parliament.

Well, 1.8% of those who voted had him as a first choice, not counting people who tactically voted for a safer racist party that was sure to get in.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

this whole tiktok deal sure is blown way out of proportion, huh

yes, in part thanks to her own self for not just admitting it a week ago

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
What?

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

norway's minister of justice installed tiktok on her (non-security graded) service phone for about a month last summer, and now the media and opposition are raising a huge stink about it

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Mostly because she repeatedly lied about it

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

did she have any other apps on her phone?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ulvir posted:

norway's minister of justice installed tiktok on her (non-security graded) service phone for about a month last summer, and now the media and opposition are raising a huge stink about it

What a loving idiot.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/regeringen-vill-gora-det-olagligt-att-forolampa-offentliganstallda

Choo chooo! All aboard the fascism train!

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Huge emphasis on "social workers" there, but we all know who this is really for.

Social workers aren't going to be pressing charges against the people they're responsible for, for "insults"

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Feb 3, 2023

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

Don't like this

take it bacj

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

At least it's a train I guess

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

"Du er ikke fri. Du skal ofre dit liv for Danmark, hvis der er brug for det." - Rasmus Jarlov, 2016

https://politiken.dk/udland/art9198072/Vi-vil-svare-igen-p%C3%A5-dansk-oprustning-med-Tomahawk-missiler

quote:

Her hentyder Vladimir Barbin til den konservative formand for Folketingets forsvarsudvalg, Rasmus Jarlov Han fremhævede for nylig i Berlingske, at Tomahawk-missiler har så lang en rækkevidde, at de affyret fra en dansk fregat i Østersøen vil kunne nå Moskva.

Jarlov er fortaler for køb af missilerne, der også ifølge TV 2 står højt på forsvarets ønskeliste til det nye forsvarsforlig.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
Related: https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/seneste/socialdemokratiet-ikke-yderligere-behov-undersoegelser-af-samsam-sagen

quote:

Men står det til Socialdemokratiet, så er der ikke behov for yderligere undersøgelse af sagen.
Det siger politisk ordfører Christian Rabjerg Madsen (S), skriver nyhedsbureauet Ritzau.
- Hvis vi vil have effektive efterretningstjenester, er vi nødt til at acceptere, at ikke alt kan lægges åbent frem.

A possible miscarriage of justice is good, actually.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

The new C leader has opened up the tiniest creak in the door for future cooperation with SD.

Personally, I believe that C has been wanting this for years. But that Annie Lööf was already too entrenched to deliver that for them.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

SplitSoul posted:

"Du er ikke fri. Du skal ofre dit liv for Danmark, hvis der er brug for det." - Rasmus Jarlov, 2016

https://politiken.dk/udland/art9198072/Vi-vil-svare-igen-p%C3%A5-dansk-oprustning-med-Tomahawk-missiler
Even ignoring the insanity of attacking Moscow directly, what is the loving point in shooting off weak little missiles like that? I have to imagine everywhere worth hitting has some anti-missile tech for conventional missiles, on top of the supposed nuclear ABM poo poo.

Charles Ingalls
Jan 31, 2021

Jack Trades posted:

What a loving idiot.

She’s legit dumb but also arrogant so it works out great

Slowdive
Jun 9, 2016
Hi guys, I'm writing an article for a leftie Croatian newspaper on the rise of right-wing populism in Scandinavia, any suggestions for articles or books I could look at? English preferred but not required

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Feliday Melody posted:

The new C leader has opened up the tiniest creak in the door for future cooperation with SD.

Personally, I believe that C has been wanting this for years. But that Annie Lööf was already too entrenched to deliver that for them.

They hope to take up the L-shaped hole in Riksdagen that will be left open come the next election.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Not really politics but around 200 boomers in a wealthy suburb of Copenhagen protested the restructuring of their favorite high end supermarket chain by linking arms and singing a protest song from their old days in the student revolts of the late 60's.

Blissfully ignorant of the fact that they themselves are now the very "man" they once protested against.

Just lol at capitalists objecting to decisions made by market forces

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

jeebus bob posted:

Not really politics but around 200 boomers in a wealthy suburb of Copenhagen protested the restructuring of their favorite high end supermarket chain by linking arms and singing a protest song from their old days in the student revolts of the late 60's.

Blissfully ignorant of the fact that they themselves are now the very "man" they once protested against.

Just lol at capitalists objecting to decisions made by market forces

Some wore black armbands. :psyduck:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I like SuperBrugsen and Irma. I live on Amager though

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

On one hand, it is a part of Copenhagen history ending. On the other hand, it's just a drat store, no one will die.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

The Irma girl will! They'll take them all away from our fridge doors!

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

As someone who has, at different times, been a regular shopper at SuperBrugsen, Meny, Netto, Lidl, Irma, Rema1000, Kvickly, and Føtex, here is my expert opinion: go to whatever's closest, they're all the loving same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Inferior Third Season posted:

As someone who has, at different times, been a regular shopper at SuperBrugsen, Meny, Netto, Lidl, Irma, Rema1000, Kvickly, and Føtex, here is my expert opinion: go to whatever's closest, they're all the loving same.

Not if you're on any kind of budget

But it is definitely insane that coop has had so many different brands; gathering them into two groups (three I guess? It seems brugsen will remain as the name on some of the small kiosk-size stores) makes a lot of sense.