Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roman
Aug 8, 2002

60 fps is really nice though

I mean it's possible to be 60 fps on console (MGS5 pulled it off and that's open world) but that means lots of time + optimization + money and since Bungie will probably be using the same Halo engine variant I wouldn't count on it for D2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

FishBulb posted:

Yeah but what's that in Australian wallabadoos like 400?

$420.69 to be exact

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Halo 5 is 60fps but to achieve it they made the game have complete rear end graphics.

Then they justified it with "The PvP is a holographic simulation so of course the graphics look a little off!!"

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
Lots of console games are 60 FPS. Titanfall 2, overwatch, any recent CoD game, just to name a few.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Ghost Edition PS4: 150
TTK: 40
TTK Complete PS4 Digital: 60
TTK Complete Xbox One: 40
TTK Complete Xbox One for my little bro: 30
Rise of Iron PS4: 30 (There may have been a discount, not sure).

360 total, but I think I spent about 20 dollars for silver, and I got a free copy of Vanilla from the launch party at Bungie so I sold my Ghost disc immediately for about 45 bucks.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

$420.69 to be exact

a good post

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its a little silly complaining destiny isnt 60fps. Its on a what eight to ten yr old engine so it could work on 12 yr old consoles.

Im pretty sure it'll be a little improved come d2.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I bought the provoke emote because I'm actually John Cena.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

I have a PS4 Pro and if Destiny isn't 60fps I'll cry man tears of rage.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I played Destiny yesterday and just realized that you can't use your arms to climb things. Come on now, that should be a given.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

What's even the big reason to put Destiny 2 on PC? I can't figure out the draw. Who even plays PC games anymore? That and the constant hacking and cheating makes it seem like a bigger hassle than anything else.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Menstrual Show posted:

What's even the big reason to put Destiny 2 on PC? I can't figure out the draw. Who even plays PC games anymore? That and the constant hacking and cheating makes it seem like a bigger hassle than anything else.

All console FPS's fail pretty bad on PC.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I see that there are kiosks for restoring all of the exotics/sparrows/shaders/whatever I trashed -- is it possible to restore an emote I bought on a character that I deleted?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

omg chael crash posted:

I see that there are kiosks for restoring all of the exotics/sparrows/shaders/whatever I trashed -- is it possible to restore an emote I bought on a character that I deleted?

Ya, it's in da club

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I hope they let my GT on a shirt lmao

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Menstrual Show posted:

Probably just to increase that market share a little bit.

It'll be optimised for consoles and probably be a port so the kind of people that whine about pc gaming being soooo much better wont like it anyway.

I cant remember the last time a console game got ported where people didnt cry over controls etc.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

CheeseFactory posted:

I have a PS4 Pro and if Destiny isn't 60fps I'll cry man tears of rage.
Per Sony, if a game's multiplayer is 30 fps on vanilla PS4 it will be only 30 fps on Pro so they don't have an advantage.

And there are 60 fps console games but they tend not to be open world stuff, MGS5 being an exception.

They could maybe make PVE 30 fps and PVP 60 fps like Uncharted and the last Killzone game did

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Menstrual Show posted:

I'm the ancient knowledge contained in this post.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Pc gayming

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
What the hell is going on

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Totally using the vex in the revamped vog. spamming that poo poo when adds come out the doors owns

edit: t-shirt with a buff gay dude namertag will be p rad

edit2: gently caress nm

edit3: oh poo poo i need to get all exotic weapons for that achievement and i still don't have necrochasm, maybe they will increase the crux drop rate in the new CE

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Mar 9, 2017

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Looking forward to VoG and Crota not sure how I feel about Kings Fall, Oryx was always such a laggy bitch.

Also the worst page is grimorie/dead ghost page. Going to all 30 PVP maps and picking up ghosts is such a time sink, gently caress that.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Get your trials runs in day 1, before all the PVE completionist tryhards give up trying to go flawless and go whine on reddit.
After that the lighthouse carry community will be booming once more.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
I wonder if they're even going to bother. A couple of my friends have already written that page off. Can't blame them.

Mikey-San fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Mar 9, 2017

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Roman posted:

Per Sony, if a game's multiplayer is 30 fps on vanilla PS4 it will be only 30 fps on Pro so they don't have an advantage.

And there are 60 fps console games but they tend not to be open world stuff, MGS5 being an exception.

They could maybe make PVE 30 fps and PVP 60 fps like Uncharted and the last Killzone game did

Destiny 2 has already been confirmed for 30 fps?

:negative:

Edit: reread your post. Yeah i totally get that and wouldn't expect otherwise.

But still!

I hope at least the eye candy gets turned up a bit.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Get your trials runs in day 1, before all the PVE completionist tryhards give up trying to go flawless and go whine on reddit.
After that the lighthouse carry community will be booming once more.

From what datto said most if that page is retrospective.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

I checked Reddit out after the stream. It was whining. My favorite page-1 thread was a dude hoping the gunsmith would be different.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Can I unequip an exotic weapon ornament without destroying it to go back to the original look?

Also I'm going to need to be carried hard in Trials cause I suck at that.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Ularg posted:

Can I unequip an exotic weapon ornament without destroying it to go back to the original look?

Yeah, just select the node again and the weapon will go back to looking like it normally does. An important note is that dismantling a weapon/armor with an ornament will not give you the ornament back.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Ularg posted:

Also I'm going to need to be carried hard in Trials cause I suck at that.

I'm amazed you're even going to bother. I sure as hell am not going to waste my time. Datto even said that you don't even need to fill in all the achievements to get all the rewards.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

TaurusOxford posted:

I'm amazed you're even going to bother. I sure as hell am not going to waste my time. Datto even said that you don't even need to fill in all the achievements to get all the rewards.

I know, I hate Trials, but I still want the rewards. If I bother just depends on who wants to help me, honestly. I got plenty of other stuff to do until then. I've used one Trials ticket since RoI came out.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Eh, it looks to be only four emblems you unlock through the book as you complete it. Not really going to motivate me to fill most of it out.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

b-b-b-but hidden shaders!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I have no life so I want to collect em all.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Old Swerdlow posted:

Eh, it looks to be only four emblems you unlock through the book as you complete it. Not really going to motivate me to fill most of it out.

Those are the cumulative rewards, there are individual rewards tied to some records. Looks like it's mostly emblems though.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
For trials I am going to find a streamer that does carries with a low following and use my Amazon prime free sub on the channel. See if I can't win a raffle or whatever and get to the lighthouse that way.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I'm curious how it's going to work. I've been to the lighthouse (on my own! No begging for carries or paying Poom or nothing!) and I guess that auto fills in but some other things don't? Curious what will and what won't.

Not that it matters I'm gunna fill the entire book because I have brain problems.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Coming back after being gone forever, do I need to hang on to my year 1 exotics or trash them?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Kingtheninja posted:

Coming back after being gone forever, do I need to hang on to my year 1 exotics or trash them?

Trash. If you ever want them again they're in the kiosk in the Vanguard room to be obtained at will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

FishBulb posted:

I'm curious how it's going to work. I've been to the lighthouse (on my own! No begging for carries or paying Poom or nothing!) and I guess that auto fills in but some other things don't? Curious what will and what won't.

Not that it matters I'm gunna fill the entire book because I have brain problems.

I was gonna ask, how much of that book are you going to have already filled lol

• Locked thread