Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Eli Wiggum posted:

Curt Hennig is rolling in his grave right now

That's just a side effect of that punch he took from the Texas Tornado at Summerslam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

weird Asian candy posted:

Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of Hogan either growing up. And man, I don't remember Miss Elizabeth dying in 03...that made me sad :smith:

Also lol Blockbuster. I'll take things that kids will have never heard of for $500, Alex!

I LOVED No Holds Barred. I remember thinking that Zeus dude was loving awesome. I doubt I could get through 15 minutes of it now though.

Yeah, it's pretty bad now. Like maybe put it on the background will you do something else if you're curious enough to watch it again.

Also, Lucha Underground is the Truth. I'm just sad because we don't have cable so I've only seen the first two seasons on Netflix.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Quiet Feet posted:

Yeah, it's pretty bad now. Like maybe put it on the background will you do something else if you're curious enough to watch it again.

Also, Lucha Underground is the Truth. I'm just sad because we don't have cable so I've only seen the first two seasons on Netflix.

Lucha is pretty entertaining. It doesn't compare to what wrestling was growing up, but that could also be a bit of nostalgia. There were just SO many fun and original wrestlers back in the day.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
at the gym #flexfriday

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm going speed dating tonight lmao

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Kyrie is requesting a trade from the Cavs...wowza

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I barely follow it but the NBA offseason seems all sorts of fun this year.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Apparently it's because he doesn't want to play with LeBron anymore

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Eli Wiggum posted:

Imagine impressing that many ladies with your culinary skills

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
hell yeah :twisted:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I barely follow it but the NBA offseason seems all sorts of fun this year.

It's been one of the best offseasons in memory...so much poo poo going on.

Eli Wiggum posted:

Tough times playing with the best player in the world, I tell you hhhhwhat.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Tough times playing with the best player in the world, I tell you hhhhwhat.
I read more details on the request; Kyrie wants to go to a team where he's more of the focal point. Clash of egos I guess

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Gym track of the evening: Young Dolph - Red White and Blue

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Eli Wiggum posted:

I read more details on the request; Kyrie wants to go to a team where he's more of the focal point. Clash of egos I guess

Plus the Cavs don't have a gm and the ownership is a mess.

Kyrie or LeBron come to Milwaukee and play with Giannis

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Eli Wiggum posted:

So I basically only follow the NBA through ESPN hot take shows, my basic understanding is:

LeBron re-signed in Cleveland, with basically the decree that he gets whatever he wants and got the ownership to trade for Love and various other expensive pieces that results in Dan Gilbert paying out the rear end in luxury fees, and he wins a Championship. In doing so, the team basically doesn't have cap space or tradeable resources to improve now, which is giving LeBron the excuse to opt out after this year and pick a new super team?

And with Kyrie demanding out, the Cavs will be a husk of a team in a year? If so, man, LeBron owns.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I'd think from Cavs fans POV it was all worth it.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Eli Wiggum posted:

And that team? The San Antonio Spurs

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Lebron going to okc with westbrooke and George would make a bigger splash than bitchass durant going to gsw.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chromatic posted:

Lebron going to okc with westbrooke and George would make a bigger splash than bitchass durant going to gsw.

lol but lebron will go to gsw

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

quote:

Scaramucci, 53 years old, is the founder of hedge-fund investing firm SkyBridge Capital and a hedge-fund conference known as SALT.
Drain That Swamp!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

lol but lebron will go to gsw

Nah, he is going to the Lakers next year

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Eli Wiggum posted:

Show them the steak, manas. If they like it you know they're not worth it.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Currently costing our wedding and god drat shits expensive.

Nov 6, 2002

Elope and spend it on a nice honeymoon.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Kalli posted:

So I basically only follow the NBA through ESPN hot take shows, my basic understanding is:

LeBron re-signed in Cleveland, with basically the decree that he gets whatever he wants and got the ownership to trade for Love and various other expensive pieces that results in Dan Gilbert paying out the rear end in luxury fees, and he wins a Championship. In doing so, the team basically doesn't have cap space or tradeable resources to improve now, which is giving LeBron the excuse to opt out after this year and pick a new super team?

And with Kyrie demanding out, the Cavs will be a husk of a team in a year? If so, man, LeBron owns.

Pretty much the Cavs are a cluster gently caress right now and Kyrie is a top level talent so I am curious what the Cavs could get back for him.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Elope and spend it on a nice honeymoon.

This.

Also, get married in a park (a state park for the best price), get your catering from a local deli or something, don't worry about lots of flowers (small center pieces on tables for the reception are plenty), and have your reception at a nearby bar. The biggest single cost for your whole wedding should be the booze.

Nov 6, 2002

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/20/health/affordable-care-act-repeal-popularity-doylestown-pennsylvania.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

quote:

The belief held even among many Republicans: 52 percent of those making below $30,000 a year said the federal government has a responsibility to ensure health coverage, a huge jump from 31 percent last year. And 34 percent of Republicans who make between $30,000 and about $75,000 endorsed that view, up from 14 percent last year.

“The idea that you shouldn’t take coverage away really captured a large share of people who weren’t even helped by this bill,” said Robert Blendon, a health policy expert at Harvard who has closely followed public opinion of the Affordable Care Act.

“I can’t even remember why I opposed it,” said Patrick Murphy, who owns Bagel Barrel, on a quaint and bustling street near Mr. Brahin’s law office here in Doylestown.

He thought Democrats “jammed it down our throats,” and like Mr. Brahin, he worried about the growing deficit. But, he said, he has provided insurance for his own dozen or so employees since 1993.

:sandance:

Leperflesh posted:

This.

Also, get married in a park (a state park for the best price), get your catering from a local deli or something, don't worry about lots of flowers (small center pieces on tables for the reception are plenty), and have your reception at a nearby bar. The biggest single cost for your whole wedding should be the booze.

The only money you should spend on a wedding should be for booze and a band, causing get drunk and dancing is the only way to make it enjoyable.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CyberPingu posted:

Currently costing our wedding and god drat shits expensive.

$600 https://www.tacobell.com/feed/how-to-get-married

• A ceremony in the chapel inside the restaurant with an ordained officiant within as little as four hours
• Private area for a reception inside the restaurant with up to 15 of your closest family and friends
• Custom merchandise, including a sauce packet garter and bow tie, “Just Married” t-shirts for the bride and groom, Taco Bell branded champagne flutes and, of course, a Taco 12 Pack filled with tacos and a Cinnabon Delights cake for dessert
• A Sauce Packet bouquet is also available for the bride to use during the ceremony

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The only money you should spend on a wedding should be for booze and a band, causing get drunk and dancing is the only way to make it enjoyable.

I just remembered photography (I forgot because I had my dad do it, he's a decent photographer). A good photographer is money well-spent.

Nov 6, 2002

Eh, look, in three years when he's divorced he won't want any memories of that day.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Were trying to do it semi on the cheap and I'm looking at like £6k.

But were setting up a honeymoon registry so shouldn't have to pay for that.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eli Wiggum posted:

Remember when he was the focal point of the Cavs and they kept winning like 20 games a year? Good times

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Lol if you spend a fortune on what is essentially a party

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
This is ice cold

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/888504391023550464

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Ehud posted:

Lol if you spend a fortune on what is essentially a party

Scottish weddings are kinda different

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I don't watch NBA but how come people hate on Durant for wanting rings and not LeBron for doing the same thing in Miami.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

CyberPingu posted:

Scottish weddings are kinda different

be you're own man

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

BlindSite posted:

I don't watch NBA but how come people hate on Durant for wanting rings and not LeBron for doing the same thing in Miami.

Because it's not the same.

(I don't hate on Durant for doing what he did, but it is different)

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

BlindSite posted:

Durant went to a team that was already loaded, not to mention the same team that knocked his bitch-rear end out of the playoffs a season earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Ehud posted:

be you're own man

Gettin married in a loving castle :black101:

• Locked thread