Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Helluva posted:

Man I had so much fun with Trials 2 even though I sucked so bad.

It really was a frustrating game series. I had fun, during the peak of my playtime, building the most insane and horrible maps possible. They only counted it as done if you could finish it yourself, so making torture maps for my friends was just so much fun.
I've since gone back and tried them and just can't even if I remember what the trick was to my stupid jumps. 20s me would be laughing at me if he wasn't so busy wasting his time designing awful things to make people hate playing.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,Ass-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Happy New Year you BYOBoobs!

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Helluva

nesamdoom posted:

It really was a frustrating game series. I had fun, during the peak of my playtime, building the most insane and horrible maps possible. They only counted it as done if you could finish it yourself, so making torture maps for my friends was just so much fun.
I've since gone back and tried them and just can't even if I remember what the trick was to my stupid jumps. 20s me would be laughing at me if he wasn't so busy wasting his time designing awful things to make people hate playing.

It was one of my first Steam games, had such a blast watching people complete impossible runs! I think it was some sort of ghost mode.

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

ToastGhost posted:

I cat-sit for my older brother a lot, so Conan could be considered a family pet. I would not describe myself as a gamer, but also I game. HARD. As for crimes I once choked my roommate in freshman year at university and it got treated as a domestic issue because we had been living together for more than 6 months, so I got assigned this absolutely evil court counselor that later got fired (and died) who tried to make me go to a year of therapy, but later the whole thing was tossed out and never applied to my record so I guess I dodged a felony.

Yeah that's pretty much it.

therapy fuckin rules my dude!

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Goons Are Gifts

As we say in Germany, for some reason, good slide into the new year!! See you on the other side! There's only three hours left here from the future but I'm sure we already have futuristic adventurers who can already talk to us about the new year right now

Visions of Valerie

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

Goons Are Gifts posted:

As we say in Germany, for some reason, good slide into the new year!!

I love this. Good side to you too

Halborn

So a brittle blade will shatter before it bends, so a brittle soul will break before it turns.
On the occasion of the first day of 2024, I am posting here for the first time and wishing you all the best in the new year, fulfillment of dreams, as little worries as possible and as much joy as possible! Play music!

Manifisto

Halborn posted:

On the occasion of the first day of 2024, I am posting here for the first time and wishing you all the best in the new year, fulfillment of dreams, as little worries as possible and as much joy as possible! Play music!

welcome and best for the new year, all of those things you mention sound very nice and I am in total agreement that everyone should have them. would you like to share any pets, hobbies, or favorite pizza toppings?

ty nesamdoom!

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Helluva posted:

It was one of my first Steam games, had such a blast watching people complete impossible runs! I think it was some sort of ghost mode.

I don't think I could have done it with a keyboard. ps4 controller was cool for some pc games until i sold the ps because I didn't really play it.

So, I had an idea a couple days ago, it's secretive, and I found out that I have no clue how to use premiere for more than a few things, blender makes zero sense to me, and also I can do better 3d work in mcedit than photoshop. That said, as soon as I figure that stuff out I have already been working on part of it and maybe someday i'll have time to get learnt. Til then, how's this font look?

I actually considered spriting some letters and using clickteam fusion to do it since I got a decent understanding of that from projects I did. Maybe I'll do that sometime when I can sit and work at it for a couple of days to make it functional.

Manifisto - 2023,Ass-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Halborn

So a brittle blade will shatter before it bends, so a brittle soul will break before it turns.

Manifisto posted:

welcome and best for the new year, all of those things you mention sound very nice and I am in total agreement that everyone should have them. would you like to share any pets, hobbies, or favorite pizza toppings?

As for pets I can only share some photos of my old aquarium. Those are Corydoras panda and Neon tetra. Unfortunately some time ago I had to give the aquarium to my wife's niece due to moving to another city. She takes good care of the fishes now.

In my spare time (not much of it between my job and my family) I enjoy a good read, some video games and cycling. Not much of a pizza lover here but my favorite toppings are: rocket, tomatoes, shrimps, pepperoni or salami, and mushrooms. That's it I guess! Do you have similar tastes?

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
i had those neon dudes too when I was a kid! :)

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

RavenousScoot

Halborn posted:

Not much of a pizza lover here but my favorite toppings are: rocket

:2monocle: please clarify

THANK YOU NESAM :^))
Previous:

code:
https://i.imgur.com/1rh8sdW.mp4 - manifisto
https://i.imgur.com/DeyYjwj.mp4 - vanisher
Goons Are Gifts

Reporting from 2024, a happy new year to the best posting pals of all times!!

Halborn

RavenousScoot posted:

:2monocle: please clarify
Rocket or eruca or arugula. Very tasty and edible plant :discourse:

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

i had those neon dudes too when I was a kid! :)
Yeah neon dudes are really cool, they have a really fair character and are easy to take care of! :)

Finger Prince

Halborn posted:

Rocket or eruca or arugula. Very tasty and edible plant :discourse:

Yeah neon dudes are really cool, they have a really fair character and are easy to take care of! :)

Fun fact, British people call it "rocket" because they got the word from the French "roquette", whereas everywhere else got arugula from Italian "rucola".

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Goons Are Gifts posted:

Using your future wizardry to post, very chill. Hoping everyone a cool 2024 :cheersbird:
I got myself a pizza, some vodka, and a tall IPA. Starting the year of with heartburn so it can only go uphill.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Finger Prince posted:

Fun fact, British people call it "rocket" because they got the word from the French "roquette", whereas everywhere else got arugula from Italian "rucola".
We just had this like 30 minutes ago in a game of Jackbox murder party trivia (the question was "what is rocket?" and the multiple-choice right answer was arugula.)
So that's a pretty good coincidence.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

nesamdoom posted:

Using your future wizardry to post, very chill. Hoping everyone a cool 2024 :cheersbird:
I got myself a pizza, some vodka, and a tall IPA. Starting the year of with heartburn so it can only go uphill.

Paging nesamdoom

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4048736&pagenumber=1&perpage=40&userid=0#post536858882

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

I forgot to post in the thread cuz I was watching the kid when I got PM. I'm filling saying Styx won it for me. I really didn't expect to win.

It was a fun thread and I was digging people getting into it and me remembering that it's a very nice way to relax. I hope we can keep the thread because I want to do more vids, but maybe we can just have a separate one if we don't. I've gotten the place littered up with stuff now and I made one that's kinda a balloon and the kid killed a few. I handed out a bunch before taking photos. Really, the time lapse thing is about the easiest way I could do it and they somewhat can be followed, save for the 75 minute one that was just me taking shots more often than following the steps.
Might edit it sometime and show it.

Anyways, thanks for making sure I saw. Hoping they aren't going nutz with fireworks and bugging Kacie. My birds were like 15/85% scared/annoyed on fireworks nights. We mostly just listened to loud music and ignored.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

nesamdoom posted:

Hoping they aren't going nutz with fireworks and bugging Kacie. My birds were like 15/85% scared/annoyed on fireworks nights. We mostly just listened to loud music and ignored.

Kacie doesn't care about fireworks.

But the roommate's dog is freaking out.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Viginti Septem posted:

Kacie doesn't care about fireworks.

But the roommate's dog is freaking out.

That's good and then that sucks. I haven't seen a couple(human) friends in awhile that were very not good about boombooms. I hope they are well. I probably won't ever see them again, but that doesn't matter in my head.

So, I tried to play a game and have a beer and take a few shots, but I didn't play and took all of the shots and I'm supposing I'm about to be getting into the :trashed: zone. So, new plan. I'm gonna go grab a couple tall cans(walking to shop close by) then get home and be spacing into music or podcast and get to work on photoshopping stuff and not need the sensory input of peripheral vision. might even put my glasses on for something new and zone out playing with image stuff.

Will report back when I make it home.

Finger Prince

Sydney fireworks: spectacular as usual. Pure fireworks show.
London fireworks: multimedia extravaganza. Bit cringe. Easier to watch being more centralized. Cool drone stuff.

B33rChiller

There's somebody( or multiple somebodies) who fires off a small handful of fireworks in the park a couple streets away, pretty much every night that isn't tinder dry.
The neighborhood pets are all used to it by now.
What drives Petey insane is the intact male grey shorthair that comes and stares in the living room and back sliding door windows.

Housecat losing his poo poo meowling and hissing, and full sprinting the length of the house to pounce at the front window with a huge resonant BOING! at 3am

I go have a look, and there's this cute, chubby faced kitty sitting calmly, looking up at me, nose about 3 cm from the outside of the glass

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
xcheopis

Random thought on English (and not other languages because I'm not fluent in them): Despite adding 'undead' to the lexicon, we really don't have a vocabulary that handles situations far out of what is considered (by everyone, everywhere) to be the norm.

I was reading a comic (by a famous person whose name escapes me shut up I'm old); noir-ish detective/action, standard and enjoyable. Our manly man is confronting a mad scientist who has developed a way for plants to respond to commands and actually move about. He orders them to attack Manly Man, who yells in fright, "The plants! They're alive!" ... yes? Plants do spend a lot of time being alive, after all!
But you see, we don't have a way to communicate that the plants are being very weird right now and not being plants in the way one expects them to be plants (offer not valid in Australia). I think we should work on that deficiency such that we can accurately convey our alarm and fright to others and also maybe get some help beyond a passing pedant rolling their eyes and muttering "no poo poo, Sherlock observation spot on".

Driving down the continent with a pistol in her lap
Followed by a handsome man who says his name is Jack

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

xcheopis posted:

Random thought on English (and not other languages because I'm not fluent in them): Despite adding 'undead' to the lexicon, we really don't have a vocabulary that handles situations far out of what is considered (by everyone, everywhere) to be the norm.

I was reading a comic (by a famous person whose name escapes me shut up I'm old); noir-ish detective/action, standard and enjoyable. Our manly man is confronting a mad scientist who has developed a way for plants to respond to commands and actually move about. He orders them to attack Manly Man, who yells in fright, "The plants! They're alive!" ... yes? Plants do spend a lot of time being alive, after all!
But you see, we don't have a way to communicate that the plants are being very weird right now and not being plants in the way one expects them to be plants (offer not valid in Australia). I think we should work on that deficiency such that we can accurately convey our alarm and fright to others and also maybe get some help beyond a passing pedant rolling their eyes and muttering "no poo poo, Sherlock observation spot on".

I think the niche words like sentient for plants being 'alive' and anything I'm not remembering about a word being the undead escaping me. But I do think it's rare verbiage that covers the extreme stuff. Like, glow in the dark being bioluminescence. I do however think some languages are way cool at just making up words for poo poo in a way englisch won't. Krankhaus is brilliant for a word. two syllables and it's just sick-house. banger of a word for hospital, although I'm guessing the nuanced version of 'dead but moving' in German might be like 19 syllables when then get done with the combining of words in their conceptual manner, or it might be one syllable. Nur Gott Verstehen(please correct me GaG if that is wrong, I guessed).

xcheopis

nesamdoom posted:

I think the niche words like sentient for plants being 'alive' and anything I'm not remembering about a word being the undead escaping me. But I do think it's rare verbiage that covers the extreme stuff. Like, glow in the dark being bioluminescence. I do however think some languages are way cool at just making up words for poo poo in a way englisch won't. Krankhaus is brilliant for a word. two syllables and it's just sick-house. banger of a word for hospital, although I'm guessing the nuanced version of 'dead but moving' in German might be like 19 syllables when then get done with the combining of words in their conceptual manner, or it might be one syllable. Nur Gott Verstehen(please correct me GaG if that is wrong, I guessed).

I did think of sentient, at first, but that doesn't let others know these xylum-stuffed bastards are actively coming after you in a very non-friendly sort of way.

Finger Prince

The plants! They're ambulatory!

Finger Prince

I went and checked and the roof is open and you can see the space needle clearly so I think I'll stay up to see the fireworks.

xcheopis

Finger Prince posted:

The plants! They're ambulatory!

The plants! They're attacking! No, come on, really! gently caress you rear end in a top hat, LOOK! The loving plants are attacking! You sonuvab... I'm giving them your address, you insouciant bastard!"

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Ah, the sound of multiple neighbors unloading AR clips. Happy Annum, America.

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Ah, the sound of exploding fireworks, occasionally punctuated by the sound of fire and police sirens . . . Happy New Year, murrica!

Quadramind

Happy new year, friends!
I got engaged yesterday!

xcheopis

Quadramind posted:

Happy new year, friends!
I got engaged yesterday!

congrats!

Quadramind

I also drank too much and would like a team of doctors to get me through today. Preferably a team with a food doctor and a fetching doctor for to bring me things.

Doctors! 👏 👏 It's time for my sausages now! My iv needs refreshing, also, and don't forget the cucumber slices.

Good doctors! You wanna treat? Doctors wanna go outside and play? Who wants a cuddle? Jump up on the bed, doctors. Nice doctors. Pet pet.

sb hermit

I just skipped about 600 unread posts so that I could just saunter in here to wish everyone a happy new year

sb hermit

Quadramind posted:

Happy new year, friends!
I got engaged yesterday!

Congratulations!

sb hermit

Goons Are Gifts posted:

:toot:

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

sb hermit posted:

I just skipped about 600 unread posts so that I could just saunter in here to wish everyone a happy new year

Same but like....a bunch more :sweatdrop:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Finger Prince

The entire space needle and all the fireworks it was shooting were completely obscured by smoke within 30 seconds of the fireworks starting, but at least we managed to stay up to watch it glow slightly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

Happy new year.