Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Menstrual Show posted:

What's even the big reason to put Destiny 2 on PC? I can't figure out the draw. Who even plays PC games anymore? That and the constant hacking and cheating makes it seem like a bigger hassle than anything else.

Steam have 20 million players, so heres a reason.
The reason they should not make a PC version is because that will spread efforts to too many places. Theres already one game with a destiny like ui (forgot what one) and people did not like it. Heres is one thing that will require x2 more effort to do.

Consoles are cheap and if some PC gamer feel left out he can always buy a PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Problem is the PC sets up a new host of problems to deal with and develop for. It will stretch them further to ensure that people can't easily use cheats. And I think just the "culture" of shooters of PC tends to stray away from the looter shooter and more towards CS:GO type competitive shooting with cosmetic extras, not stat changing gear.

Also dear God, could you imagine the poo poo talking that would go on during text chat in Destiny 2 if it came to PC?

Edit: Sometimes I wish there was a report option for "Please teach this person how to play" like force them through some tutorials because it's painful to watch a team get utterly destroyed and watch them play like idiots the entire time. Even when I tried to force myself to stick with them they split off so it's only me and the pubbie I'm following that sprints past the target and gets killed. I saw one sprint to an ammo box as he was being shot at with a dry sniper rifle in his hands. One guy ran past B to die at C, another just camped the one point we had capped. It's ridiculous. PvP makes me so goddamn salty in this game compared to any other.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Mar 10, 2017

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ularg posted:

Also dear God, could you imagine the poo poo talking that would go on during text chat in Destiny 2 if it came to PC?

:bisonyes:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Kingtheninja posted:

Are the seals on these books a big deal or should I just crack these suckers open when I start my new dude?

Crack 'em, rack 'em.

I may buy both PC and PS4 versions of D2, it almost sounds like the differing experiences may be worth playing unless it's all integrated and doesn't matter. They *have* been training us to get faster and more efficient/lethal with the slow creep of nerfs and buffs...

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Knowing Activision, the PC version will get treated like a second class citizen and get all the updates several weeks after consoles.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Someone pointed out that the colors of the Daito-flip motion sensor hallway logos matches that of the monitors if you invert the colors, and vice versa, so I assume the logo-monitors are color inverted:

I tried it on the waveform monitor, and the poo poo turns green and yellow instead of blurple:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Wounded Unicorn posted:

Someone pointed out that the colors of the Daito-flip motion sensor hallway logos matches that of the monitors if you invert the colors, and vice versa, so I assume the logo-monitors are color inverted:

I tried it on the waveform monitor, and the poo poo turns green and yellow instead of blurple:

Who loving cares

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Witness a poster going insane looking for secrets.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Vintersorg posted:

Witness a poster going insane looking for secrets.

I am perfectly OK sacrificing any degree of my sanity for public entertainment purposes tbf, especially if it's using a game I enjoy playing as a vehicle

Plus, it's great thread non-patch-bitching thread filler content.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Wounded Unicorn posted:

Yep, it's a thing and there's plenty of colors happening. I am a small child and thusly approve.

This is cool.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Wounded Unicorn posted:

I am perfectly OK sacrificing any degree of my sanity for public entertainment purposes tbf, especially if it's using a game I enjoy playing as a vehicle

Take it to reddit, mate.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

el B posted:

Take it to reddit, mate.

Already there, but maybe if you complain extra hard I'll stop posting not gonna happen

Here, since you posted, have a curious set of ordered color-pairs or something in a pair of subway cars on Last Exit to not think about at all:

As well as the implication that Ovda Regio somehow connects with/to Earth because we only see "ABS-Kastner" (faint on this flickering green sign, top text) on Widow's Court and Memento. Do these shapes remind anyone else of Triangle Wave, Sine Wave, and Square Waves at all?

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Mar 10, 2017

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Uh,Wounded Unicorn. You've figured something out that you weren't supposed to.

Ed Harris is on his way.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Wounded Unicorn posted:

Already there, but maybe if you complain extra hard I'll stop posting not gonna happen

Here, since you posted, have a curious set of ordered color-pairs or something in a pair of subway cars on Last Exit to not think about at all:

As well as the implication that Ovda Regio somehow connects with/to Earth because we only see "ABS-Kastner" (faint on this flickering green sign, top text) on Widow's Court and Memento. Do these shapes remind anyone else of Triangle Wave, Sine Wave, and Square Waves at all?

Why did you use spoiler tags?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Keep posting, i like it.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Preferable to roll and kdr bragging, imho.

Unrelated: Bought RoI last night, got through the remixed strikes and the first few missions with the help of Jack Daniels. The long grind from 334 has begun.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Who loving cares

I love how the bitching quickly outpaces the actual post they are bitching about real quick.

But yea please add more of your unique content YA BOY ETHAN COUCH.

Fifty Three posted:

Unrelated: Bought RoI last night, got through the remixed strikes and the first few missions with the help of Jack Daniels. The long grind from 334 has begun.

Cool, remember you can get to 365 off regular strikes, 385 on heroic strikes and legendary engrams, 390 on faction reward packages and 400 from a ton of stuff like nightfall/crucible/iron banner/trials/ect...

Save your exotic engrams if you can stand it to help you go from 390 to 400.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I swear I've seen the colors on these monitors somewhere before.

Fifty Three posted:

If you need help with anything, I'll be more than happy to hang out, I'm 397 or so right now? PSN EliteBleatAgent if you play on PS4.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
you may only group with me
if you solve my riddles three

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

'ppreciate the offer but I'm on the Bone. Luckily I've still got a bunch of the jerks in this thread on my friends list.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

hell yea

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Fifty Three posted:

'ppreciate the offer but I'm on the Bone. Luckily I've still got a bunch of the jerks in this thread on my friends list.

If you've got bros you may want to consider playing through the ROI story missions on hard... More xp, but you also need to do 10 of them to fill a node in the RoI book. If you give a poo poo.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

here's the first clue - last chance to flee!
my username's hidden, like... way up in goatse.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

el B posted:

If you've got bros you may want to consider playing through the ROI story missions on hard... More xp, but you also need to do 10 of them to fill a node in the RoI book. If you give a poo poo.
If I can go back and do those later (I'm assuming they won't have some lockout once the missions are run the first time), I'm not too worried about it at the moment. If I get the chance I get the chance. I appreciate the heads-up, though.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Updated raid armor, :getin:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Wounded Unicorn posted:

I can see where you're coming from, but a sin wave is not a perfect semicircle. I think its a design thing. A more substantial association would be associating these screens with the areas of Venus named in the tram (which you can see in your other screenshots).

The cooler thing is that tram is fast as gently caress if you're expected to stand on your way between regios on Venus

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

:awesomelon:

The Meat Dimension fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Mar 10, 2017

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Holy poo poo is 385 the new 29 or what? All of my gear pieces are at least 385 with a couple of 387s and 386s but my LL is 385 and almost all of my drops from heroic strikes come at loving 385.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I'm digging having robot limbs on the new VoG armor.

DrNutt posted:

Holy poo poo is 385 the new 29 or what? All of my gear pieces are at least 385 with a couple of 387s and 386s but my LL is 385 and almost all of my drops from heroic strikes come at loving 385.

Heroic strikes will only drop 385 max with the exception of the loot chests at the end.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

DrNutt posted:

This seems relevant.

Ularg posted:

Cool, remember you can get to 365 off regular strikes, 385 on heroic strikes and legendary engrams, 390 on faction reward packages and 400 from a ton of stuff like nightfall/crucible/iron banner/trials/ect...

Save your exotic engrams if you can stand it to help you go from 390 to 400.
Edit: Goddammit guys :argh:

TaurusOxford posted:

Woah, I thought something was off with the leg but didn't zoom in far enough. This is awesome.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

DrNutt posted:

Heroic Strike rewards (the two blue items from the boss) cap at 385.

The chest that you can open caps at 400.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Wounded Unicorn posted:

Have you tried running this through a waveform filter yet? One of Archer's ARG's did something similar.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

BattleTech posted:

Have you tried running this through a waveform filter yet? One of Archer's ARG's did something similar.

Wait, the show Archer had an ARG?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

The Meat Dimension posted:

I can see where you're coming from, but a sin wave is not a perfect semicircle. I think its a design thing. A more substantial association would be associating these screens with the areas of Venus named in the tram (which you can see in your other screenshots).

The cooler thing is that tram is fast as gently caress if you're expected to stand on your way between regios on Venus

That is a fast-rear end loving train. Also, I agree with you; it's not perfect, but it's near enough that I'm gonna keep it in mind as significant. I'm sticking to my theory because the four monitor waveform "colors" I get from inverting the image are technically derived from only two wavefronts; the upper and the lower. It's only when you invert the colors that you get Red/Green(invert) out of the Upper wave, and Blue/Yellow(invert) out of the Lower wave.

BattleTech posted:

I have no idea what a waveform filter is, could you link me to some context on that Archer ARG? I've had "Possible Spectrograph" thrown at me as well, Aphex Twin style; Bungie is known to like those a lot, so I haven't been able to discount that either.

The next step is definitely some kind of filtering or processing of these waveforms. I am very, very unversed on steps like that, though.

edit: A friend™ is telling me about things like Fourier transforms and interference-cancellation/countersignals for filtering. I would still love your input though, I need more info

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Mar 10, 2017

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

DrNutt posted:

Do the weekly strike bounties from Zavala, they will get you higher light stuff, and unlike exotic farming etc. they won't keep you trapped at 399 for a while like I was. Just need one more helmet and I'll have all 3 guys at 400

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
So, where is all this new raid armor supposed to go? In our vaults? Lmao

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Ularg posted:

Problem is the PC sets up a new host of problems to deal with and develop for. It will stretch them further to ensure that people can't easily use cheats. And I think just the "culture" of shooters of PC tends to stray away from the looter shooter and more towards CS:GO type competitive shooting with cosmetic extras, not stat changing gear.

Edit: Sometimes I wish there was a report option for "Please teach this person how to play" like force them through some tutorials because it's painful to watch a team get utterly destroyed and watch them play like idiots the entire time. Even when I tried to force myself to stick with them they split off so it's only me and the pubbie I'm following that sprints past the target and gets killed. I saw one sprint to an ammo box as he was being shot at with a dry sniper rifle in his hands. One guy ran past B to die at C, another just camped the one point we had capped. It's ridiculous. PvP makes me so goddamn salty in this game compared to any other.

Why don't you stop solo queuing so you can get some coordination?

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
ITT:

Mikey-San fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Mar 10, 2017

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

TaurusOxford posted:

Heroic strikes will only drop 385 max with the exception of the loot chests at the end.

Aw gently caress. Guess it's back to the crucible for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

DrNutt posted:

Aw gently caress. Guess it's back to the crucible for me.

You can get to 400 without setting foot in the crucible, if you don't want to. People keep posting LL guides for you.

• Locked thread