Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i just fired this up for the first time in awhile and wasnt super paying attention and just pulled on the banner with the most blue units and got bridal cordelia. on the one hand, maybe i should pay attention, on the other hand now i have an archer in a wedding dress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
It looks like the score rewards scroll up at least a little further than where Masked Marth is, unless that's where the seals are there might be a few more 5*'s up there.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

THE loving MOON posted:

It looks like the score rewards scroll up at least a little further than where Masked Marth is, unless that's where the seals are there might be a few more 5*'s up there.

I doubt it

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I am hard at the notion that, with the Quickened Pulse seal, my cav team Eldigan will only have to wait two actions to have Ignis charged.

rabidsquid posted:

i just fired this up for the first time in awhile and wasnt super paying attention and just pulled on the banner with the most blue units and got bridal cordelia. on the one hand, maybe i should pay attention, on the other hand now i have an archer in a wedding dress
On another hand, you have probably the best archer in the game. Congrats. I will happily trade three of my Bridal Lyns and the the 5* Lachesis, 5* Maria and 5* Rebecca I also got trying for that single unit of yours.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

rabidsquid posted:

hey gently caress you buddy

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I would gladly give my bride Cordelia for an Ike.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I wonder if vortex mode will have new enemies that are eventually GHBs. Since we just fought the last two enemies in the game that are unavailable (other than Bruno and Veronica) I think it's possible. Hoping for black knight.

Edit: and cormags brother whose name I can't remember. And Jill's dad (I like wyverns ok)

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Parasol Prophet posted:

I'm curious what there is to say about Draug. The game keeps giving him to me so I've decided to just level a bunch up, collect some garbage skills to thin out my units, and then merge them all into a big dumb armor unit for monthly quests.

It's still going to be a 3*+10, though, because like hell I'm going to spend 2000 feathers per Draug for a silly project.

I've been toying with the idea of raising a Draug too. I picked up 5 or so of the armored lug and he might do better on my armor team than my second Effie? Her nature isn't that great (-def and +atk or something) and I haven't bothered giving her any skills except for a Brave Lance from my million and a half Donnels. So, as a Brave weapon using armor, he could fit in, especially with Ward Armor. That always helps.

Problem is I don't think I have any more easy sources of Pivot, and he would have to eat that other Effie if I wanted him to have Wary Fighter.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I can't use a Draug because a knight with high speed fucks me up. I'm so used to them having speed as their dump stat that I have no idea if I should just keep using spd- Draugs or like actually make use of his high speed.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Tired Moritz posted:

I can't use a Draug because a knight with high speed fucks me up. I'm so used to them having speed as their dump stat that I have no idea if I should just keep using spd- Draugs or like actually make use of his high speed.
+spd and slap a Brave Sword on that man, asap.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lovechop posted:

hey gently caress you buddy

his pulls are good, his posts are better, thats right, he's g2 rabidsquid

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
The existence of the new seal just makes me even more salty that I didn't draw Hinoka on that banner. I have a +spd normal Cordelia and a +att Camilla.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Roger Explosion posted:

Bah. Best Draug I have is +def and -res. Two neutral, and one -atk nature.

Still, if he doesn't need Wary Fighter, I can stick something else on him instead!

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
So the new seal gives a free charge of your special on your first turn? So i should consider melting my Cordelia into my Hinoka for galeforce and having her kill everything?

Or maybe now I can go ahead and unlock galeforce on my Lyn. Maybe giving her darting blow instead of her default +7 Atk A skill will be a good idea, to make sure she doubles everything.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Roger Explosion posted:

He already has a Brave Sword, the issue is he doesn't have the strength to wield it effectively. His speed's high enough that you can save your Wary Fighters for something else, though. He's also got the highest Def stat in the game.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Moonbow is still great on blade tomes and any weapon that adds +1 to cooldown

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Finally got some time to do arena and I'm sailing into rank 19 with plenty of ranks to spare with a super lovely 4800. Staying at 18/19 should be as easy as expected.

Do you even have to play at rank 19 if you just wanna get demoted to 18?

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

From the screenshots in the announcement, it looks like there are two reward categories: rank and cumulative score. Rank likely only looks at your best score, and will likely be given out at the end of the event, like the voting gauntlet and the old arena. I assume that it will give feathers, and maybe orbs, but it is unlikely to give anything else. Cumulative score means that each time you gain points in your score, it is added to the previous score, like in the arena, but doesn't end at a loss and doesn't have a limit to how much is added to the score. So you can get Enigmatic Blade Marth even if you only play the lowest difficulty, but it will take longer than if you play harder stages.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Rascyc posted:

Finally got some time to do arena and I'm sailing into rank 19 with plenty of ranks to spare with a super lovely 4800. Staying at 18/19 should be as easy as expected.

Do you even have to play at rank 19 if you just wanna get demoted to 18?

I recently started the game up for the first time since the new ranking system, and apparently I'd been sitting at rank 10 the whole time. So if you don't play at all, you never get demoted.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Ugh, on the last day I moved down from 3 rank ups to 2, Guess I'm going to tier 15. Also I need to mulch an extra 3 star for the feathers I need :argh:

I've got 4,326 points, I'm gonna need to finish putting inheritances on Ryoma and Hector and try not to die so much.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jun 5, 2017

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
The upper ranks work a bit differently.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I think i already know the answer but to be on the safe side: which Klein should i be feeding to Bridelia, +res/-spd or +spd/-def

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I'm going to revamp my Arena team after the embarrassing showing I had this week. I was planning on promoting Reinhardt next anyway so I might as well make him my go-to Arena nuke, assisted by Olivia.

Who else would be good to back them up? I figure I can use Anna or whatever bonus character for the week, but who else?

These are the losers and nerds I have to work with. Would anybody play nice with Olivia/Reinhardt/sometimes Anna?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rein and Olivia combo is strong enough to carry a team alone so you could just go with the options that give you the highest arena score.

If the Olivia you run is only 4* like it seems (you could just run Ninian instead of Olivia in this case), a strong red like Xander would be pretty good to handle the more dangerous greens. Eirika seems fine too. You have a merged Nino who would slot into the team just fine too.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

So I went into the woods for a few days and when I got internet back I pulled a +atk/-def bowdelia.

This is basically perfect for a brave bow/desperation murderbuild, yes?

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Silver Falcon posted:

I'm going to revamp my Arena team after the embarrassing showing I had this week. I was planning on promoting Reinhardt next anyway so I might as well make him my go-to Arena nuke, assisted by Olivia.

Who else would be good to back them up? I figure I can use Anna or whatever bonus character for the week, but who else?

These are the losers and nerds I have to work with. Would anybody play nice with Olivia/Reinhardt/sometimes Anna?

I'd go Ninian (with C skill swapped for hone atk), Nino, Reinhardt, bonus red unit, but that's personal preference. It's hard to tell without knowing the next bonus roster. :shrug:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Why not just use Reinhardt/Nino/Eirika/Olivia?

All you have to do is burn 20000 feathers for that tiny hands man

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
apparently I got a Titania at some point?? HP+/Spd- tho so into the trash she goes.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

This was the core that lead me to T19.

E: old screenshot, Effie had the fortify res seal

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

So with Draug you actually don't want to go for the quad build if he's +SPD. It's funny but takes a lot of work, when you could just have him double with a killer sword + moonbow or something else that has a low charge. Either way he's a fun guy to stick on a team.

Edit: then again I'm not one to talk since I've been doing this for the past few days.

Nomadic Scholar fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 5, 2017

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I have one Lon'qu, and I'm ready to melt him for his precious Vantage 3.

I'm thinking of giving it to my -HP / +ATK Ryoma. Is that a good choice or is there a better target that I might have? I lack the obvious Hector.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Scoss posted:

I'm thinking of giving it to my -HP / +ATK Ryoma. Is that a good choice or is there a better target that I might have? I lack the obvious Hector.

Vantage Ryoma will randomly give you wins against people with bad teams/who are bad at the game. Since you only need one win it seems like a good idea for arena defense.

I'm not impressed with vantage on offense but I don't run any of the usual suspects so it could be way better with Ryoma/Hector/Takumi

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Vantage on Ryoma handles a lot of messy edge cases. I had a match where Ryoma killed Julia, vantage killed a Celica on the enemy phase and then I needed vantage to cancel the Hector's vantage. Just stupid poo poo like that.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Scoss posted:

My +ATK Ryoma has one-shot a number of enemies with his Vantage. It is useful not just in defense, but also offense when you want to bait another enemy with Vantage who could one-shot you if you tried to initiate. I definitely recommend. The only other characters that I would consider giving the Vantage to is Takumi or Xander.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
I can confirm vantage on Ryoma is no joke. He can easily wipe out a whole board with it.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Silver Falcon posted:

I have never gone below 4600 since running a 5* +SPD Nino, a 5* +SPD Linde with blarblade (no -), and Olivia with Hone Atk. Give Linde hone res, Give Nino hone def, and bring a good strong Red like Xander or Lucina with hone Spd and you will be ORKOing Ryoma with a Nino like it ain't nobody's biz.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Trip report on quad barst. He's fun as hell but gets eaten by people with high defense. What should I replace night sky with? I mashed a lon'qu onto a shittier barst before I found the +SPD one in my roster.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Maybe swap threaten speed with threaten defense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Trip report on quad barst. He's fun as hell but gets eaten by people with high defense. What should I replace night sky with? I mashed a lon'qu onto a shittier barst before I found the +SPD one in my roster.

The obvious answer is Luna if high defense enemies are the problem