Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I said come in! posted:

The new Hogwarts RPG is cool because its a massive world that fully recreates Hogwarts, and doesn't appear to tie into any of the stupid rear end characters from the books. Its just the world of Hogwarts and you create your own character and live out a separate story. I would be so on board with this if it wasnt for the fact that each copy sold, some of that money goes to J.K. Rowling.

Yeah I read and enjoyed all the HP books back in the day so there’s a part of me that’s interested in the game but I don’t want a single cent going to Rowling lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
These days I'm really glad that Harry Potter never really clicked for me, so there's no conflict about wanting to support her or not.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Sweet, and ordered with a nice $25 discount. Thanks!

E: also, gamestop.com blocked me for some reason. that's very odd.

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

I said come in! posted:

According to Sony, pre-orders are not even suppose to be up yet at retailers until tomorrow. So if you pre-ordered from Wal-Mart or Gamestop, they are likely over selling pre-orders and you should expect your pre-order to be canceled.

What does releasing pre-order sales earlier than expected have to do with over selling pre-orders? They are two different things.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Yesssss kept pressing refresh on Target's site and it eventually pushed my order through for a disc version.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Arkage posted:

What does releasing pre-order sales earlier than expected have to do with over selling pre-orders? They are two different things.

well if you look at the case of gamestop, these stores don't know what inventory they're receiving but are still taking preorders. in this case it doesn't sound like the individual stores are getting to decide the shipments they're receiving, so, by taking preorders before they know that they could easily be over selling

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

ShoogaSlim posted:

I bought Dreams from Gamestop for like 10 bucks after trading in some other dumb games I stopped playing months prior. then I realized Dreams was not so great and returned it.

disc version is a no-brainer

I keep wanting to get into Dreams, but the fact that there isn’t even a free “content viewer, no creation” version bundled with the PS4, let alone a PC version or way to create a standalone build of your game (plus rights issues around how much of your game you actually own and Sony’s apathy toward promoting Dreams) kills my desire to actually use it. Guess I’ll just stick to Unity.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

The Human Crouton posted:

Thanks. Got one.

A tip for people: it told me that my item was unavailable with my shipping method or location or something like that. I couldn't find anything valid to actually change though, so I just kept hitting the purchase button , and eventually it went through. No change in delivery method or cart or anything worked was necessary.

oh poo poo this worked lol

now let's see if these preorders actually exist for the day it releases

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
So, how much can I sell my modded PS4 pro for? Modded as in 1 tb ssd and I put good thermal cooling poo poo inside, thermal grizzly and bettter thermal pads. Oh, and the better "quieter" fan.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Ordered at Best Buy Canada. I got two switches at launch (one for friend who paid me back) so I ‘m confident that I’ll get it no problems beyond it probably being a little later than actual release date.

The downside? I’m doing a teaching degree right now and I think it’s coming out my first week teaching in school. I hope I’ll have enough free time to play with it, lol.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Got my PS5 ordered on Target. Booyeah.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

Louisgod posted:

Yesssss kept pressing refresh on Target's site and it eventually pushed my order through for a disc version.

Thanks for this kept pressing and it went through. I'd rather get from Bestbuy and I want zero games this holiday, but I'd like a 4k bluray player in the meantime!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
goddamn, the audio was a it hosed when i watched the ff16 trailer but just noticed the theme tune is ALL the new version of prelude and it sounds incredible.

also the plot is two timelines, one where you are the kids protector and poo poo its the fan and then your hunting down the grown kid in the future who is now a big summon causing all kinds of problems, and the kids (phoenix) mother is shiva at least, thats what it seems like. same eyes on the two characters so that bit is probably true.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Sep 17, 2020

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Sold out while putting my info in at EB Games. Got it through JB but the site says "Due to stock demand your pre-order does not guarantee availability on the day of release (or a specific date)."

Lol. Oh well. First console I'm trying to get at launch since the Wii and before that was the Gamecube. Didn't have this issue with the gamecube funnily enough.

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Previously Cerny said they “expected” the “top 100” PS4 games to be playable at launch which is a pretty weird way to phrase it. This seems to be a better answer

Cerny said they, at the time, had tested and verified the top 100 to work with PS5-enhanced boost mode, and were happy with the results so far. He wasn't referring to the legacy PS4 and PS4 Pro modes that are built-in the PS5 CPU.

The expectation was never less than the overwhelming majority (usual caveats apply) of PS4 games to be BC in at least the legacy modes.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Y'all should check out GameStop.com right now if you want a laugh

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Siroc posted:

Thanks for this kept pressing and it went through. I'd rather get from Bestbuy and I want zero games this holiday, but I'd like a 4k bluray player in the meantime!

I was making dinner and my best friend called yelling IT'S UP ON TARGET so we're both here telling each other the errors we're seeing, then we hang up and I text him saying to KEEP REFRESHING and bam worked, anyway that's my story hope you enjoyed it I skipped the whole PS4 generation so this will be a fun distraction while the world around us burns

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Sold out while putting my info in at EB Games. Got it through JB but the site says "Due to stock demand your pre-order does not guarantee availability on the day of release (or a specific date)."

Lol. Oh well. First console I'm trying to get at launch since the Wii and before that was the Gamecube. Didn't have this issue with the gamecube funnily enough.

Ditto for me. Edit: I don't think we need to be too worried, apparently it's on ALL the preorders and not just latecomers.

:siren: Ausgoons :siren:

Big W and Target have a PS5 page but no preorder option yet, so if you haven't snagged a preorder yet it might be worth watching their website.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 17, 2020

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I guess since I just want this thing done, I went ahead and ordered the disk one at Target. Seems pretty easy to get the disk one pre-ordered so wonder if that is on purpose, I'm sure they make a larger margin as no way the drive costs them that much or maybe the diskless is just a higher demand.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm not sweating the panic too much. Hopefully I can just snag one on Amazon tomorrow or go to my local GS and put $50 down or whatever. And if that doesn't work we will have 2 months of it coming in and out of stock at a bunch of retailers.

I'm not dealing with fighting the F5 crew today.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
sweet, I got one through Target

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Best Buy is a go

Discless https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-5-digital-edition-console/6430161.p?skuId=6430161

Disc https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-5-console/6426149.p?skuId=6426149

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

The large amount of Target preorders going through is making me suspicious. It's been up for about 40 minutes, which is 30 minutes longer than other retailers we've managed to order from in this thread.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I wasn't gonna get one (yet) but the showcase sold me. Grabbed one from Walmart.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The real game will be finding out how many of these preorders get cancelled

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Rusty posted:

I guess since I just want this thing done, I went ahead and ordered the disk one at Target. Seems pretty easy to get the disk one pre-ordered so wonder if that is on purpose, I'm sure they make a larger margin as no way the drive costs them that much or maybe the diskless is just a higher demand.
Word is there are much fewer of the digital version.

https://twitter.com/VGC_News/status/1306342494498689027?s=20

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Safe to assume that everyone is really just buying their hardware of choice right now that they intend to play just Cyberpunk 2077 on?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Had the disk version from target in my shopping cart and it sold out by the time I entered my info

f
:same:

Got one in the cart but the website is crashing lol

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

I'm not sweating the panic too much. Hopefully I can just snag one on Amazon tomorrow or go to my local GS and put $50 down or whatever. And if that doesn't work we will have 2 months of it coming in and out of stock at a bunch of retailers.

I'm not dealing with fighting the F5 crew today.

My dumb rear end will pre-order one if I can, but drat if I know why. I'm kinda lukewarm on a Demon's Souls remake. PS4 games with slightly boosted performance and loading? Fear of missing out?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

GAME in the UK have sold out of most of their bundles and all of their digital editions it looks like. Just the disc version, and a small proportion of the bundles including it, left.

McCracAttack posted:

My dumb rear end will pre-order one if I can, but drat if I know why. I'm kinda lukewarm on a Demon's Souls remake. PS4 games with slightly boosted performance and loading? Fear of missing out?

The main reason I'm getting one is for Destiny at 60 fps. I have no shame about this fact.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

SubponticatePoster posted:

:same:

yeah, their payment system crashed apparently

Wiltsghost fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 17, 2020

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

I said come in! posted:

Safe to assume that everyone is really just buying their hardware of choice right now that they intend to play just Cyberpunk 2077 on?
I am going to try and buy a 3080 tomorrow too for that. Glad the PS5 is taken care of so I don't have to deal with two things in the morning.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
hahaha just like the other goons the target website order wasnt going through initially but if you keep going at it, it might still go through! I wont be that upset if Target isn't able to honor the pre order.

Also im predicting rear end in a top hat scalper resales to be 700-800$

knickerbocker club

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

J-Spot posted:

Word is there are much fewer of the digital version.

https://twitter.com/VGC_News/status/1306342494498689027?s=20

I guess that kind of makes sense in that they're taking a loss on the digital edition, but still, you'd think they'd want to push people that way.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

DC Murderverse posted:

Y'all should check out GameStop.com right now if you want a laugh

Why are you trying to hack GameStop? What did it ever do to you?

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I’m getting the same message too :lol:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

SubponticatePoster posted:

At least it's not yanking the PS5 out of my cart like Target did lol. Mashing checkout so hard rn

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I wonder if the optical drive version will have higher demand in Japan relative to other places, because of the big used game business that's still here?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Actually, since you posted the best buy link I decided to try it. Servers are hammered though. Can't get out of the shopping cart page. I'm not holding my breath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Well, target and Walmart held up a lot better than Best Buy, their cart seems broken.