Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I YouTubed the ending and it seemed pretty cliche idk what all the fuss is about. To be fair I only played like 1/4th the game so I get I didn't have that authentic experience or build up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hoo boy this sale going on right now is dangerous. don't spend a wad of money on games today Veni. gently caress.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea the e3 sales are nice. not as nice as waiting for the goty editions with all the dlc for the same price will be tho

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Oxxidation posted:

Loved my dog. The ending was really nothing special, aside from the almost comical amount of brutality inflicted on Trico himself.

I find it hard to believe you went through the entire game with your dogcatbird bro trico, and didn't feel anything for him whatsoever by the time the ending rolled around. If say you that infact, that was the case, either you have a heart of stone and are incapable of human emotion, or you didn't actually play the game all the way through, watched the ending on YouTube and are infact full of poo poo.

Bad Parenting fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jun 14, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I YouTubed the ending and it seemed pretty cliche idk what all the fuss is about. To be fair I only played like 1/4th the game so I get I didn't have that authentic experience or build up

It's really the last couple of hours more than whatever "ending" you probably came up with on YT. It's all absolutely epic. it's not some little twist that makes it or something.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Bad Parenting posted:

I find it hard to believe you went through the entire game with your dogcatbird bro trico, and didn't feel anything for him whatsoever by the time the ending rolled around. If say you that infact, that was the case, either have a heart of stone and are incapable of human emotion, or you didn't actually play the game all the way through, watched the ending on YouTube and are infact full of poo poo.

You've got mental issues, friend.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i dont think anything is cool and i only buy games when they've been out for twenty five years, in order to save five dollars. i am your king

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Is TLG anime 🤔??

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H3rcten82U

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Feenix posted:

Yeah sorry if I made it sound like Winning E3 was the point. Mostly I just felt like this was the first time in quite a few years I didn't, like, pump my fist HARD over at least one thing. Mostly I was just like, "yep. That's cool".

MonHunWorld caught me totally by surprise and got me grinning like an idiot and Anthem, BGE2, and Wolfenstein 2 had me pretty amped to see more. The 1st/2nd party Sony and Nintendo stuff I was planning on getting anyway so yeah, those were mostly "ah cool" moments.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Oxxidation posted:

I've been assessed by a team of top doctors who all agree I'm of sound mind, however they also said that you sound like massive douchbag who uses lovely, derogatory slurs and should probably just stick to playing CoD and Gears of War.

Good day to you!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Oxxidation posted:

This is some pot/kettle poo poo. We're all goons, we all have mental issues.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hey cod is fun what the heck man

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I loved my dog and miss that goofy bitch. I'm also glad she wasn't a video game. I know that apparently TLG makes people weird in the head, but im pretty sure there is little correlation between being a pet owner and what kind of games you like.

Anyway, played some rocket leauge for the first time in about 6 months. Still awesome, still a putrid community.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Real hurthling! posted:

i bought matterfall because this trailer is good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMuI7sXR62U

but then i bought nex machina cause its coop trailer is even cooler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4Iy05h16w

every summer is housemarque summer

Local coop only makes me a bit sad. Especially since they did JUST fine with Alienation online.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

this looks much faster paced than alienation so i wonder if that has anything to do with it

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I want a helldivers 2

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Why have all my games been saying "cannot connect to server so network features are not available" even though I see all my friends online and I just bought stuff from the PSN store?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

It's really the last couple of hours more than whatever "ending" you probably came up with on YT. It's all absolutely epic. it's not some little twist that makes it or something.

Yup. There is a great build in the last third or quarter of the game. The ending is a cathartic experience that only works if you have actually connected with the game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tlg is my game of 2016. Highly recommended

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ok but does the dog die at the end

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Awesome! posted:

ok but does the dog die at the end

Lol at "the" dog

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
TLG is super realistic because I can't get the loving thing to do what I want so it's like having an actual pet.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Real hurthling! posted:

Lol at "the" dog

im just gonna go watch the ending

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Awesome! posted:

Play it wuss

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

JBP posted:

TLG is super realistic because I can't get the loving thing to do what I want so it's like having an actual pet.

yeah

Awesome! posted:

Like all the goons said, its a game about building a relationship with a dumb animal pet and then the conclusion to that. It doesnt make sense out of context making you feel feelings.
Look forward to your "I dont see what the big deal is" post with zero self awareness or listening skills.

Awesome! posted:

does the dog die?

no

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thank you thats all i wanted to know

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I wouldn't mind Housemarque deviating their aesthetic a little. 2 games in 2 months that both look a poo poo ton like alienation /space bugs.

But I'm sure it'll still be great.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Hey remember how Rocket League being on PS+ was a huge boon for the game and increased its visibility and popularity?

It'd sure be nice if those players on PS4 could be rewarded with the ability to play with the entire community.

But nah.

Nah.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i get called a fag enough thanks. no need to add the xbox live playerbase in.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Rocket League is already cross play with PC and has been since launch.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ya but not with the Xbox and now switch which is the point

Also lol FFXV PSVR getting a fishing game. I keep forgetting it's a thing in nier until I hit the button that prompts

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Awesome! posted:

i get called a fag enough thanks. no need to add the xbox live playerbase in.

I been playin that Killing Floor, and while nobody called me a fag. There are apparently a LOT of gay zombies.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

People will call you names no matter the platform at any opportunity.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

actually i just remembered that cross play people cant even talk outside of quick chat.

maybe if i ever had trouble finding a match in rocket league i would care about this.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Is there a way to mute people besides friends, in Killing Floor2? And or does ps4 have party chat? I rarely play multiplayer games as you can tell, but my friends is real high on this alright game.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
You actually can't get messages cross-platform anyway, so it doesn't matter what they call you. But, it does limit you a fair bit, because if someone on a conflicting console is in a game you can't join it. That goes for private matches as well as competitive playlists. So if I want to play with some people on here, and one of them is on Xbox, then I have to hope I get in the game before they do, and then they can't get in. That's a poo poo system regardless.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is there really a claim to be made for PS4 users to be better on average than Xbox users?

I was playing Last of Us multiplayer and heard some guy yell at his child, ending the match with him smacking his child and I could hear him crying over the open mic

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

TFRazorsaw posted:

Hey remember how Rocket League being on PS+ was a huge boon for the game and increased its visibility and popularity?

It'd sure be nice if those players on PS4 could be rewarded with the ability to play with the entire community.

But nah.

Nah.

But there's already crossplay between PC and PS4. I don't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Bombadilillo posted:

And or does ps4 have party chat?
yes there is a party thing in the top bar of the ps4 menu