Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Tagon
Jun 15, 2005
Back and to the left.
This might be a bit on the side of the topic, but i didnt see a similar thread in CoC so i bring my hopes here.

I found a greasemonkey script for ignoring users on a phpBB forum, and its working fine (even in Opera), but i have a feature request for also ignoring posts where ignored users are quoted.

Script is at http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/50036.user.js if there are any takers.

TL;DR Lack of moderation is turning a forum to poo poo, please help make it readable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Already exists, http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/34108

but ignoring users is a bitch move

Captain Tagon
Jun 15, 2005
Back and to the left.
Its not actually for this forum, you see. Its a totally different one. It doesnt even look like this one. The other one, lets call it 'the other one', does not have a ignore user function, or much functionality at all beyond the very basics. But it has discussion that sometimes is good to follow, so i read, and try to get all the usefullness out of it that i can.

And it uses phpBB, not vbulletin (and certainly not the particular SA brand) , so im not so sure the one you linked will work there.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Oh, well don't leave a tl;dr if you expect people to read a post!

Anyways, if anyone wants to do it they would probably need the site to test it on

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004
Since Chrome doesn't have this functionality, and nobody's made an extension for it yet, I need an app with which I can open any file and then have that file copied to a specified location.

I want to be able to one-click torrents in Chrome and have them automatically save to the monitored folder on my torrent box, but Chrome appears to be the only browser that doesn't have this feature.

Anyone feel like helping me out? :)

edit: It would also be nice if it had an option to delete the old file after it's been copied.

fatman1683 fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Sep 19, 2010

Whimsy
Jan 8, 2001
A while ago I requested an application that played a sound whenever a certain key was pressed. Specifically, I wanted to hear thunder whenever I pressed the underscore on my keyboard. The application was called Thunderscore.

Due to a recent unfortunate mishap, my PC isn't usable and so I can no longer use Thunderscore. I've bumped myself to a Mac for the time being.

Basically, I'm asking if anyone who programs for Mac OS 10.6 as a hobby could re-create the application. It should have the ability to assign audio to key presses (or random sounds to all presses).

If anyone picks this up, you'll have my sincere thanks!

grrowl
Jan 17, 2007

I LOVE 4CHAN YIFF YIFF YIFF

fatman1683 posted:

I want to be able to one-click torrents in Chrome and have them automatically save to the monitored folder on my torrent box, but Chrome appears to be the only browser that doesn't have this feature.

Anyone feel like helping me out? :)

Open notepad and paste this in, changing X:\torrents to your torrent autoload directory:
code:
move "%*" X:\torrents
save as "movetorrent.cmd" (save it somewhere safe), then set windows to open .torrent files with movetorrent.cmd and set Chrome to auto-open files of that type.

Sgt. Slaughter
Sep 3, 2008
This might be a bit of a stretch, but I saw this thread while skimming the board a few weeks ago and figured it would be worth a shot.

I'd love some kind of foobar2000 plugin that would let me hold control and click a song to add it to my playback queue. A friend of mine figured it wouldn't be hard for someone familiar with the program, so maybe? Maybe not.

nyoron
Dec 15, 2009

Sgt. Slaughter posted:

I'd love some kind of foobar2000 plugin that would let me hold control and click a song to add it to my playback queue.

there should already be a double-click to enque in explorer, under the settings. hope this helps :ohdear:

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

wiru posted:

there should already be a double-click to enque in explorer, under the settings. hope this helps :ohdear:

But it would be nice to be able to enque within foobar.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. Bertrand Russell

If anyone is still using Soundswitch, the program I wrote for hotkey switching between speakers/headphones/whatever, I made a thread for it since I'm getting ready to release a new version soon.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3351573

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

I posted this is the software forum too, but maybe I can figure this out here too.

I've got a drive with about 100k+ of files with all of these spread across some 600+ folders amounting to a total of 300Gbs+. All the folders are named appropriately, 1,2,3,56,57,102,etc.

code:
Parent Folder
-1(Folder)
-3(expanded folder)
+fileblah.001
+fileblah.002
+fileblah.003
What I need to do is put these files into a zip, of course I really don't want a 300gb zip, so I'm thinking I could do a bunch of 5GB+ zips.

My question is, is XCOPY capable of at least moving these all into one folder? Or am I going to have to program something to do this, and if so how would I figure this out in Java? I know a bit, but if someone could point me in the right direction, that'd help and I could probably take it from there.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Tab8715 posted:

I posted this is the software forum too, but maybe I can figure this out here too.

I've got a drive with about 100k+ of files with all of these spread across some 600+ folders amounting to a total of 300Gbs+. All the folders are named appropriately, 1,2,3,56,57,102,etc.

code:
Parent Folder
-1(Folder)
-3(expanded folder)
+fileblah.001
+fileblah.002
+fileblah.003
What I need to do is put these files into a zip, of course I really don't want a 300gb zip, so I'm thinking I could do a bunch of 5GB+ zips.

My question is, is XCOPY capable of at least moving these all into one folder? Or am I going to have to program something to do this, and if so how would I figure this out in Java? I know a bit, but if someone could point me in the right direction, that'd help and I could probably take it from there.

xcopy can be used to copy entire directory structures, but it doesn't have options to delete the files afterward (i.e. move).

I'm a little unclear on what exactly you're trying to do; you'll have to be more specific.

If you want to stuff everything from folder '1' into '1.zip' and repeat for all folders you could probably script that pretty easily.

If you want to keep adding files from sequential folders until you hit 5 gigs (e.g. let's say it works out to adding everything form folder '1' and half the stuff from '2'), you'll probably want to write a program. Or ask someone to do it, since that's the kind of thread this is.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

the littlest prince posted:

xcopy can be used to copy entire directory structures, but it doesn't have options to delete the files afterward (i.e. move).

I'm a little unclear on what exactly you're trying to do; you'll have to be more specific.

If you want to stuff everything from folder '1' into '1.zip' and repeat for all folders you could probably script that pretty easily.

If you want to keep adding files from sequential folders until you hit 5 gigs (e.g. let's say it works out to adding everything form folder '1' and half the stuff from '2'), you'll probably want to write a program. Or ask someone to do it, since that's the kind of thread this is.

Or just zip the root folder with a zip program that lets you zip a file into multiple files(parts) of a specific size. I think 7zip does this?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

quote:

That'd work too, but I just remembered that they'll need to be a several .txts in each folder, so when I upload these to the server it knows what to do with the files.

Yea, I guess XCOPY isn't going to delete anything which is fine with me, I actually really don't want anything deleted until I know once I've uploaded this, everything works.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Lorem ipsum posted:

Or just zip the root folder with a zip program that lets you zip a file into multiple files(parts) of a specific size. I think 7zip does this?

For whatever reason, once I upload this to our sever for archiving the program I use doesn't like 7zips, zips for some reason. :(

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. Bertrand Russell

Tab8715 posted:

That'd work too, but I just remembered that they'll need to be a several .txts in each folder, so when I upload these to the server it knows what to do with the files.

Yea, I guess XCOPY isn't going to delete anything which is fine with me, I actually really don't want anything deleted until I know once I've uploaded this, everything works.

I'm still not sure what you're wanting exactly, but when I have similar problems, I open Explorer to the root folder and craft a search that shows all the files I want, then I select them all and copy to wherever.

For example, if I have a bunch of .jpg files spread among a bunch of folders and nested to various degrees, I search for *.jpg, then select the results and copy/paste.

This works on Vista/7.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Tab8715 posted:

For whatever reason, once I upload this to our sever for archiving the program I use doesn't like 7zips, zips for some reason. :(

Weird, outputting .zip files from 7zip should be the same as doing it with windows or whatever. I think winrar does this too.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Thermopyle posted:

I'm still not sure what you're wanting exactly, but when I have similar problems, I open Explorer to the root folder and craft a search that shows all the files I want, then I select them all and copy to wherever.

For example, if I have a bunch of .jpg files spread among a bunch of folders and nested to various degrees, I search for *.jpg, then select the results and copy/paste.

This works on Vista/7.

I've tried this but mass selecting and searching for 300GBs+ of files make Windows Explorer crash and I'm even on a relatively new Intel C2D plus I'll probably doing this several times in the not so distant future.

Anyway, if anyone wants to write a program or script this is what I need. A program that goes through specified folders, pulls out what's inside and compresses those files.

Steps
1)Looks through the directories, all the folders are named such as 1,2,3,45,47,655,656,etc
2)Copies these files
3)Puts these into a zip with a name such as 1to50.zip
4)Pulls index information from \index, and into the zip, basically copies all *.txts
5)Does this for every 10GBs

If someone could program this, that'd be awesome. I know a little java, and if someone could point me into the right direction I could probably do it. I think :ohdear:

EDIT I did mess around with 7zip, command line but I didn't figure out a way on how to pull the information from the subdircts without keeping it. :(

Gucci Loafers fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Oct 21, 2010

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Tab8715 posted:

I've tried this but mass selecting and searching for 300GBs+ of files make Windows Explorer crash and I'm even on a relatively new Intel C2D plus I'll probably doing this several times in the not so distant future.

Anyway, if anyone wants to write a program or script this is what I need. A program that goes through specified folders, pulls out what's inside and compresses those files.

Steps
1)Looks through the directories, all the folders are named such as 1,2,3,45,47,655,656,etc
2)Copies these files
3)Puts these into a zip with a name such as 1to50.zip
4)Pulls index information from \index, and into the zip, basically copies all *.txts
5)Does this for every 10GBs

If someone could program this, that'd be awesome. I know a little java, and if someone could point me into the right direction I could probably do it. I think :ohdear:

Not enough info given.

Are all the folders under one parent dir, or are any folders nested in other folders?

Do any files inside of each folder have the same name as files in other folders?

What about the .txt files? Do they have conflicting names? Are they all in the index folder...like \656\index\*.txt?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Thermopyle posted:

Not enough info given.

Are all the folders under one parent dir, or are any folders nested in other folders?

Do any files inside of each folder have the same name as files in other folders?

What about the .txt files? Do they have conflicting names? Are they all in the index folder...like \656\index\*.txt?

1) They're all in one parent directory, and then 600+ other directories.

2) No

3) They're in \index and those .txts files need to be in each zip.

Spekkio
Sep 23, 2005

Really satisfying music!
I'm looking for a simple "log viewer" app.

I need to feed it a simple text file (.log/.txt) and the form displays the contents of the TXT and autoupdates if the TXT file is appended to.

Something like this probably already exists, but google isn't helping me right now.. And where I have found something similar - it's a bloated piece of poo.

Thanks

EDIT: Whoah, didn't realise how dead this thread is.

Spekkio fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Nov 19, 2010

Met48
Mar 15, 2009

Spekkio posted:

I need to feed it a simple text file (.log/.txt) and the form displays the contents of the TXT and autoupdates if the TXT file is appended to.

Something like this probably already exists, but google isn't helping me right now.. And where I have found something similar - it's a bloated piece of poo.

Thanks

Don't worry about it, this thread is always kind of dead; the last big bump was Sept 27 to Oct 21.

Anyway, if I'm reading that right you could use Notepad++. Under Settings->Preferences->Misc you can tell it to "Update Silently" and it will watch the file and keep the editor up-to-date. You can also right-click the file's tab and enable read-only mode, at which point you basically have a log viewer.

Edit: Just tested this and, while it works well, Notepad++ has to lose and regain focus for it to update. Just a heads up.

Met48 fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Nov 19, 2010

Inphinity
Sep 21, 2003

Spekkio posted:

Thanks

try Tail

Delirium
Jun 19, 2004
Jemig de pemig! Mozes kriebel!
In my experience, baretail works pretty good for log viewing. Just enable the "follow tail" feature and it will automatically show any new lines added to the log. Can be downloaded here: http://www.baremetalsoft.com/baretail/index.php

MachinTrucChose
Jun 25, 2009
Anyone up for writing a Greasemonkey script? It's for the betterment of the Internet. I'd love one that modifies a tvtropes.org page about to be rendered like so, by order of request importance:

1) Remove the following folders completely: Anime & Manga, Fanfic, Fan Works, Web Comics, Web Original, Web Animation. Note that there are 2 different types of folders, old-style and new-style (which can be collapsed/expanded).
Old style example: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EveryoneGetInHere
New style example: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SingleBiomePlanet

2) If a sentence includes the words "this troper," remove the entry/bulletpoint from the page altogether

3) Make spoilers visible without having to highlight them

I think this script would be really popular, especially if the removable elements are configurable. Your help is much appreciated, citizen.

Spekkio
Sep 23, 2005

Really satisfying music!

Delirium posted:

In my experience, baretail works pretty good for log viewing. Just enable the "follow tail" feature and it will automatically show any new lines added to the log. Can be downloaded here: http://www.baremetalsoft.com/baretail/index.php

Thanks. This is perfect.

unleash the unicorn
Dec 23, 2004

If this boat were sinking, I'd give my life to save you. Only because I like you, for reasons and standards of my own. But I couldn't and wouldn't live for you.
I'd like a greasemonkey script (chrome compatible please) that replaces "ftfy" with "fixed that for you" on the forums. Preferably with a config menu to extend it yourself. Basically, your own personal forums wordfilter.

dc0de
Feb 24, 2005
Lub Macheen
I'm not sure how 'tiny' my request is but it is as follows:

The basic purpose is to track different tasks and the time I spent on them.

Functionality:
1. When the app is launched it has clock with a timer and ability to start/stop the timer.
2. There should be a text field which allows me to enter the description of the task
3. When the time stops it should output to a CSV (so I can import to excel for compiling monthly data) file indicating the description and time spent on the task.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :).

Mondo
Jul 10, 2004

"You won't see me running down the length of the field after a touchdown with my finger in the air like I just saved the world."

Dicky B posted:

I don't know if you're going to get an easy solution that will work on any arbitrary forum since you will need to manually specify which element on the page you want to resize. However it's easy enough to just have it resize everything on the page:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/65085

If you open up the script for editing you can change the width percentage.

You will also find instructions for making it resize specific page elements instead, so you can have it just resize the forum tables if you don't mind doing a tiny bit of css/javascript. The SA forums are already set up for you.
I feel so obsolete :smith:

This just made life alot easier.. Thanks!

Seven Round Things
Mar 22, 2010

MachinTrucChose posted:

Anyone up for writing a Greasemonkey script? It's for the betterment of the Internet. I'd love one that modifies a tvtropes.org page about to be rendered like so, by order of request importance:

1) Remove the following folders completely: Anime & Manga, Fanfic, Fan Works, Web Comics, Web Original, Web Animation. Note that there are 2 different types of folders, old-style and new-style (which can be collapsed/expanded).
Old style example: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EveryoneGetInHere
New style example: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SingleBiomePlanet

2) If a sentence includes the words "this troper," remove the entry/bulletpoint from the page altogether

3) Make spoilers visible without having to highlight them

I think this script would be really popular, especially if the removable elements are configurable. Your help is much appreciated, citizen.
Here you go:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/92005

It was good practice to write. :)

Gary Mitchell
Apr 3, 2007

Morals are for men, not gods.
edit: got something working for now...

Gary Mitchell fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Dec 30, 2010

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008
Arrogant, dumb, meat headed and stubborn. Please disregard and move on.
Not sure how active this thread is anymore, but I have a request.

There is a flash app for a free add-on to FIFA 11 where you buy/sell player cards (using in-game currency)

The commands are sent in http plaintext, what I'd like to do is be able to send a customized http command that makes the auction time for cards I'm selling 60 seconds (the lowest the flash app allows is an hour)

Basically so my cards will sell faster. I know this is possible as people on the forum for the game have done it, but won't share how.

Here is as far as I've got, a screenshot from wireshark of the relevant command the game sends, basically want to change the duration to 60 seconds. Also the buy now price can go as low as 50 but the webapp limits it to 200, it'd be cool to modify that as well

If there is already a way I could do this that'd be cool. Just something fun to mess around with.

I have a webapp account someone could use to test, and I'd be willing to pay a bit of money for your time.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
TomSellek:

Try this firefox plugin. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/966/

If that doesn't work I'm afraid I don't have quite enough information to write you an app, I'd need the full pcap file from wireshark or access to the app.

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008
Arrogant, dumb, meat headed and stubborn. Please disregard and move on.

Dren posted:

TomSellek:

Try this firefox plugin. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/966/

If that doesn't work I'm afraid I don't have quite enough information to write you an app, I'd need the full pcap file from wireshark or access to the app.

Yeah I have tried that, it only lets you modify the http header. I could provide a pcap file and access to the app if you are interested.

Update: i've figured out how to do it using a program called fiddler.

TomSellek fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Dec 15, 2010

Mindbullets
Jan 18, 2007
Yea! Getsome!

TomSellek posted:

There is a flash app for a free add-on to FIFA 11 where you buy/sell player cards (using in-game currency)

The commands are sent in http plaintext, what I'd like to do is be able to send a customized http command that makes the auction time for cards I'm selling 60 seconds (the lowest the flash app allows is an hour)

Interesting. I'd like to take a stab at this in C# but i'll have to know more.

edit: ^^ well nevermind then

Mindbullets fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 18, 2010

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

The monkey is NOT impressed...
Cross posting this from another thread I made.

Need a smart folder organizer script/app specifically for my music

I'll spare you how I've gotten to this point, but here are some tid bits of what I have prior to asking my question... All my music files are named "Artist - Song.mp3" format. ALL ID3 info was wiped, and then updated with only the Artist and Song titles. Then iTunes was used (intentionally) to try and organize the files into folders (all songs were in a single folder). I was not aware iTunes would use a \Artist\Album\ folder structure, so now I have a zillion \Artist\Unknown Album\ folders...

I would like to use some sort of folder organizing script or app that will basically run through all my folders and anything under \Artist\Unknown Album\* moved to \Artist\*

I really do not care about having my album info in the ID3 tag, or being able to organize it by the album info. I know this may go against popular MP3 organizational methods, but I do not really share my stuff with anyone else, and do not use any MP3 player features like making playlists based on genre etc.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Sudoku
Jul 18, 2009
I'd like to request a little program to take a black-and-white image (as in, only those two colors), of any format you please, and output a .txt file of an ascii version of the image. White pixels are ., black pixels being a #.

Ideally I'd like it to be able to work with any dimension image. I've tried using web-based "image to ascii" things, but they tend to produce junk instead of a clean picture of just # and .

Doesn't need to be anything fancy, but doing this by hand sucks. Thanks.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Sudoku posted:

I'd like to request a little program to take a black-and-white image (as in, only those two colors), of any format you please, and output a .txt file of an ascii version of the image. White pixels are ., black pixels being a #.

Ideally I'd like it to be able to work with any dimension image. I've tried using web-based "image to ascii" things, but they tend to produce junk instead of a clean picture of just # and .

Doesn't need to be anything fancy, but doing this by hand sucks. Thanks.
Try this http://www.pleasesendhelp.com/Apps/ImgToASCII.exe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudoku
Jul 18, 2009

This is the best and you are the best. Thanks!

• Locked thread