Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKub
May 11, 2006

gimpfarfar posted:

I'm streaming from http://challenger.phil21.net:8000/ as I'm posting this - not sure if that's the one you meant, but it works!

It wasn't working from about Sunday night through last night around 11pm MST. It's totally working now though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

jimmyjams posted:

Someone should call Carolla's show, this poo poo might spark a good westwood none rant.

Someone called today and told him about it. He said he'd do anything he could to help, but he couldn't think of anything, and in the meantime he told us nerds to keep distributing it in any way we could. Torrents seem the best bet for now. I doubt the idiots at Westwood None would bother with that even if they knew anything about it. They have just enough energy to send a C&D.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

jimmyjams posted:

Someone should call Carolla's show, this poo poo might spark a good westwood none rant.

Someone (Giovanni) did, it's on page 126 of the thread on the TACS forum i linked previously.
Adam's reply:

"..I am profoundly flattered that people follow up shows I did from 8 years ago or 12 years ago and share them and go back and forth, I never cease to be flattered by it and the amount of calories that people like Giovanni and others spend collecting and archiving these things is..uh again..uh my heart wants to burst with a giant imaginary..uh.. cartoon bubble when I hear about it, I'm sorry that the man has gotten involved, you guys will find a way because that's what you do and you're not getting laid, so please continue and if there's anything I can do I will do it except there is nothing that I can do that I can think of.."

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Malachi Constant posted:

Someone called today and told him about it. He said he'd do anything he could to help, but he couldn't think of anything, and in the meantime he told us nerds to keep distributing it in any way we could. Torrents seem the best bet for now. I doubt the idiots at Westwood None would bother with that even if they knew anything about it. They have just enough energy to send a C&D.

Which part of the ACS was this on?

MajorMajor
Nov 11, 2005

Some people say you are Henry Fonda.
It was during "How Say You?" in the first or second segment.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

Scudworth posted:

Rushmore, please come and update us/comfort us in this tragic time.
I can't take my commute without Loveline, I only discovered it this year, thanks to this thread! I NEED IT. :cry:

Discussion about the site takedowns on the TACS board

Hey. My hosting got an email telling them i was infringing copyright. they deleted all of the mp3s without backing up. going to try and get them hosted some other way.

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.
..those fuckin' Westwood DICKS.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Rushmore posted:

Hey. My hosting got an email telling them i was infringing copyright. they deleted all of the mp3s without backing up. going to try and get them hosted some other way.

Dude, what the gently caress? They just deleted your poo poo? drat, I still needed the stuff put up since August.

Mr Chaos
Dec 27, 2006
I left it in my other pants...shoes...I never had it.
I've been emailing his assistant and I'm getting an interview with Adam for a small magazine. Do you have questions or topics that would be particularly interesting to bring up? I'll post the interview after I'm done.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Mr Chaos posted:

I've been emailing his assistant and I'm getting an interview with Adam for a small magazine. Do you have questions or topics that would be particularly interesting to bring up? I'll post the interview after I'm done.

Does he still get calls from Pan Pan?

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Rushmore posted:

What's the size of the entire archive? Perhaps some goons out there may have server space to host mirrors....

Peppermate
Jul 2, 2007

by Ozma

Scudworth posted:

What's the size of the entire archive? Perhaps some goons out there may have server space to host mirrors....

~50 gigs give or take would be my guess.

Saerdna
Aug 8, 2004

Mr Chaos posted:

Is he and Drew going to get a show together?

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong

Mr Chaos posted:

What's the one thing he's learned about comedy that has helped him the most?

Like, not "what should you do if you wanna be a comedian"; but just... what one thing about comedy has he learned that has been the most useful in his career?

jimmyjams fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Oct 10, 2008

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

Peppermate posted:

~50 gigs give or take would be my guess.

64 so far. someone has it all and is going to send me it soon

Ryan-RB
Mar 19, 2006

If we knew the will of God, then we'd all be Gods, wouldn't we?
You do intend to share, right? :(

I've been listening to Loveline every day at work for ages. I can't imagine a day without it. I am so seriously bummed.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

ofcourse. I already have the 44gig torrent which others have linked, but theres another 20 gigs to get now, so i may torrent it when i get it all. could be a while before i do though

ABlix-
Aug 22, 2004
Old School Software Pimp
I started an IRC channel for those that want to discuss the live Loveline stream live at irc://irc.synirc.net/loveline

Come to irc.synirc.net #loveline

In mIRC, type /server -m irc.synirc.net -j #loveline to connect. This will open a new channel window so just paste this in and join in on the fun, the exchange of shows, and to listen to the stream and all laugh about the caller who is exceptionally dumb.

ABlix- fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Oct 12, 2008

dnz
Jul 18, 2008

ABlix- posted:

I started an IRC channel for those that want to discuss the Loveline stream live at http://challenger.phil21.net:8000/listen.pls .

Come to irc.synirc.net #loveline

In mIRC, type /server -m irc.synirc.net -j #loveline to connect. This will open a new channel window so just paste this in and join in on the fun!

irc://irc.synirc.net/loveline

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Damnit. Since my job finally figured out how to block Sirius and podcasts the loveline archives were all I had left. I have no extra episodes because I only downloaded what I was going to listen to that day.

gently caress the man, long live the aceman!

edit VV

I do now! Thanks

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Oct 12, 2008

ABlix-
Aug 22, 2004
Old School Software Pimp

Ribsauce posted:

Damnit. Since my job finally figured out how to block Sirius and podcasts the loveline archives were all I had left. I have no extra episodes because I only downloaded what I was going to listen to that day.

gently caress the man, long live the aceman!

You do realize there is still a show archive at the stream site? I believe it even has even more shows archived than lovelinearchive.com did.

http://loveline.phil21.net

ABlix- fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Oct 12, 2008

TheKub
May 11, 2006

hahah! I just heard on the loveline stream where Adam mentions he's going to start a segment called "definitely not a Jew"! I love that segment on TACS, and I'd love it if he would do "Germany or Florida" on TACS. Anyone know what episode that was?

Damm I miss the rapport that Adam had with Drew. Striker is just totally uninteresting. I don't want to say that Striker "sucks" but I just can't get used to him and the insane questions he asks and non sequitur that he goes in to.

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.
I'll say it, Striker sucks.
It's not like it hasn't been mentioned umpteen times in this lovely thread. :)

PaisleyOrangutan
May 26, 2008

by The Finn
I honestly wonder what kind of people still listen to Loveline. When Stryker came on board there must have been some sort of shift in the demographic. It's obvious that alot of people just stopped listening, but I wonder if they've picked up any new listeners.

ABlix- posted:

You do realize there is still a show archive at the stream site? I believe it even has even more shows archived than lovelinearchive.com did.

Thank you for pointing that out. I was beginning to worry.

Dustin1986
Jul 13, 2006

TheKub posted:

hahah! I just heard on the loveline stream where Adam mentions he's going to start a segment called "definitely not a Jew"! I love that segment on TACS, and I'd love it if he would do "Germany or Florida" on TACS. Anyone know what episode that was?

Damm I miss the rapport that Adam had with Drew. Striker is just totally uninteresting. I don't want to say that Striker "sucks" but I just can't get used to him and the insane questions he asks and non sequitur that he goes in to.

He replaces a guy that was universally beloved and was in that position for a decade, and he's supposed to live up to that? I don't envy him.

I know that Adam explained how he was let go before, but I still can't wrap my head around it. I really don't know what they had to gain by letting Adam go. Even if they hated him, the money was good right? Maybe the explanation really is that radio is evil and stupid instead of being evil and smart.

flatFat
Apr 30, 2006

k

Dustin1986 posted:

He replaces a guy that was universally beloved and was in that position for a decade, and he's supposed to live up to that? I don't envy him.

I know that Adam explained how he was let go before, but I still can't wrap my head around it. I really don't know what they had to gain by letting Adam go. Even if they hated him, the money was good right? Maybe the explanation really is that radio is evil and stupid instead of being evil and smart.

The money was actually not good during the last year. It's explained a few pages back. The producers decided to renew their contracts and continue paying Drew the same amount, while slashing Adam's salary to less than a third of what it usually was. I think he said himself that he figured this was their passive way of getting him to leave.

Dingus Egg
May 23, 2005

Legend has it the world was hatched from a dingus egg.

ABlix- posted:

Awesome! Anyone know any sites with 2001 hosted, though? It's great to have this but I was almost finished the year chronologically and I'd hate to break my streak now...

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

TheKub posted:

...and I'd love it if he would do "Germany or Florida" on TACS.

He does from time to time.

Pyroblaze
Oct 25, 2004

Diatom.
My British Lit. class is in a giant auditorium and I sit in the front row. About once per class this girl raises her hand and asks a question or makes a comment about the reading.

She sounds exactly like an 8 year old. I couldn't tell the difference between her and my 8 year old niece if I heard their voices at the same time. It's a grown woman who cannot be any younger that 21 years old who has the voice of an 8 year old.

I know what this all means now because of this thread and all the Loveline i've listened to :smith:

Acute Hepatitis
Feb 25, 2008

King of Bikes
You should make eye contact with her and mouth the words, "I know... "

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Acute Hepatitis posted:

That would be extremely creepy and possibly hostile. She'll instantly associate that with love and fall head over heals for you.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I just found an odd podcast that has short segments of Loveline. It only has seven episodes, but seems to update about once a day.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/PlatformersnetDailyMedicine

It may turn out good if the people making it can pick out good segments.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I've been listening to the above podcast for about a week now, and it's pretty good, at least it has interesting moments that are obviously hand selected. It's good if you want a super-short podcast that takes you back to the good old days. I've listened to the entire archive and it's nice to have those little reminders of what they talked about back then when listening to their current shows.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

The show on 2004-05-25 has a great opening segment. Drew got a chickenshit ticket and is seriously pissed about it. It's great hearing the two of them equally pissed off about fund raising through ticketing people. It's pretty funny how Drew's anger gets Adam fired up in this case, but Drew is usually pretty indifferent to Adam's anger. They go on for about 16 minutes, it's great to hear Drew pissed off, for good reason too.

There's also one drop that really stuck in my head. It's from 2004-4-22, right at 1:05 in a girl calls with the usually 'this song saved my life' call, which was strange because the guest was James Marsters from Buffy. The caller sings a bit of the song she heard and Anderson masterfully drops in the shotgun cocking right at the end of it, I laughed for a solid minute when I heard that. Maybe it's just me.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
We need to compile some type of list of the full moon nights. The shows that people were just completely out of it, nothing makes sense, and everybody is just kind of glazed over.

Twobits
Apr 30, 2007

Acute Hepatitis posted:

If she's hot, you better go for it. Come to class wearing a leather jacket and a teardrop tattoo on your shoulder and she'll be magnetically drawn to you.

Twobits fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Oct 17, 2008

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

Solarin posted:

There's also one drop that really stuck in my head. It's from 2004-4-22, right at 1:05 in a girl calls with the usually 'this song saved my life' call, which was strange because the guest was James Marsters from Buffy. The caller sings a bit of the song she heard and Anderson masterfully drops in the shotgun cocking right at the end of it, I laughed for a solid minute when I heard that. Maybe it's just me.

Umm ... it ain't 1 minute into the show...

edit: or one hour into the show...

edit2: call starts at 1:04:45, I guess that's what you meant by 1:05. :argh:

Please say either 61:05 or 1:05:00. I work with timecodes and 1:05 means one minute, five seconds.

Your 2004-05-25 recommendation is good. Drew's outrage really feeds into Adam's ranting for a change. Also, Drew says "Corn-holing pie" which is great.

Malachi Constant fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Oct 17, 2008

FreddyJackieTurner
May 15, 2008

I love the way Adam encourages a little healthy sociopathic behavior. Encouraging people not to talk their family etc. Its actually good advice when your family is crazy its just the way Adam delivers it comes of as very sound advice.

Noktorn
May 30, 2008
Loveline was such a huge part of the 'formative years' of my life and it's fantastic to hear it again with Adam. I listened to it just about every night from 11-14.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
drat, lovelinearchive is down? Makes me glad that I grabbed the torrent over about a month this summer. I'd be seeding right now if I could, but :argh: university networks.

• Locked thread