Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alexi Orion
Jan 6, 2008

..right round baby, right round..
My 1990 Dodge Spirit, which we fixed!

When I'm not driving that, I drive this monster. My dad's 1989 Ford F-150

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Alexi Orion posted:

When I'm not driving that, I drive this monster. My dad's 1989 Ford F-150

Late 80s pickups are the best kind of pickups. No idiotic gadgets, soft seats and air con for the rich assholes who dream of being a cowboy; just a simple vehicle built for haulin' stuff.

ThwartedEfforts
Aug 20, 2002

Rottbott posted:

It's very fast

Actually, and let's be honest here, fast is the one thing it ain't.

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Do not try to boost in peace, because that is impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth, there is no boost.

Crowley posted:

Late 80s pickups are the best kind of pickups. No idiotic gadgets, soft seats and air con for the rich assholes who dream of being a cowboy; just a simple vehicle built for haulin' stuff.

Right because my idea of a good time is to haul cross country with no aircon or soft seats, damned rich assholes! :rolleyes:

Grimster
May 15, 2004

you suck

SyHopeful posted:

Doing some fuel delivery troubleshooting last night.

Been there, done that, without the lift, on an asphalt driveway, in August.

Upgraded to a new walbro, new injectors, new adjustable regulator, translator and Impala 3" MAF, and added the Scanmaster to keep an eye on it all. Set the adjustable wastegate to 15 psi and all set.

Alexi Orion
Jan 6, 2008

..right round baby, right round..

Crowley posted:

That's it. I absolutely love driving that truck, too. We had it overhauled at about 320,000 miles, and it's running like a loving champion at 24,000 at the moment. I moved all of my coworker's possessions in one go with that thing. She didn't have too much, though.

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

hello i am fast cheap awesome

Grimster posted:

Upgraded to a new walbro, new injectors, new adjustable regulator, translator and Impala 3" MAF, and added the Scanmaster to keep an eye on it all. Set the adjustable wastegate to 15 psi and all set.

Did these only come in black or what?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

HairyNipple! posted:

Did these only come in black or what?

Turbo? Yes.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Grimster posted:

no lift? scrub :p

actually it's my friend's shop, i'm fortunate enough to get to use it. it's already got a walbro 340, 009s, and accufab fpr. need to do some tune up stuff before I do the rest.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Turbo? Yes.

No. See: t-type

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

SyHopeful posted:

Touché. Completely forgot about that. Thanks.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

ThwartedEfforts posted:

since when has 0-60 in 6 seconds been slow exactly?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

KozmoNaut posted:

According to wikipedia, all A610's had 3.0 V6 turbo engines, with either 250 or 280 hp.

Whoops, I thought it was a GTA.

On a bit of reading this site they only made 67 RHD A610s which makes it rare as gently caress. Suprising it's so heavy though.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

sadnessboner posted:

since when has 0-60 in 6 seconds been slow exactly?

When it's a motorcycle. :haw:

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

12 years and 120k miles, and still lookin good.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Dallas Blue posted:

Them troops need supportin!!! :canada:

I thought Canada was better than this.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Hypnolobster posted:

I thought Canada was better than this.

My friend got one of those yellow magnets, except it says support road head

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Belldandy posted:

Right because my idea of a good time is to haul cross country with no aircon or soft seats, damned rich assholes! :rolleyes:

Do you haul stuff cross country regularly in a pickup truck? Did you buy the truck for one trip?

80s pickups are the embodiment of KISS, and that's an idea I like.

Rottbott
Jul 27, 2006
DMC

ThwartedEfforts posted:

0-60 in 5.7 seconds makes it the fastest thing I've driven, but the best thing is the handling.

The 2.5 turbo engine was in the GTA, that's the engine I had in the DeLorean.

ThwartedEfforts
Aug 20, 2002

Rottbott posted:

0-60 in 5.7 seconds makes it the fastest thing I've driven, but the best thing is the handling.

Apologies - you didn't initially state what the hell it was and I guessed it was a GTA. Which isn't particularly fast.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Rottbott posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzWzmIWpVBQ

"That hurt!"

Yes it did, Jeremy Clarkson, you cunting bastard <:mad:>

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Doctor Zero posted:

When it's a motorcycle. :haw:

3 seconds or I'm not interested.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

KozmoNaut posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzWzmIWpVBQ

"That hurt!"

Yes it did, Jeremy Clarkson, you cunting bastard <:mad:>

That's terrible. And hilarious.

Dr. Awesome MD
Mar 2, 2007
Its not a Ford, its a Mazda :smugbert:

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Dr. Awesome MD posted:

With those wheels and no badge, it actually could look like a mazda.

sw0cb
Feb 18, 2007

Dr. Awesome MD posted:

It was almost a mustang

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

sw0cb posted:

It was almost a mustang

You shut your whore mouth! :mad:

Dr. Awesome MD
Mar 2, 2007

frozenphil posted:

You shut your whore mouth! :mad:

drat straight! it was meant to get rid of the mustang altogether not become one :)

Dr. Awesome MD fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jul 2, 2009

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

SyHopeful posted:

The GN only came in black, so he was technically correct.

Anyway, road trip pics:

I wanted to go to the 50th anniversary car show for the El Camino last weekend and instead of paying $700+ in gas all by myself, I created a band and dragged some friends along. Originally it was just two of us, but that doubled and it became a 4000 mile journey through Missouri, Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Carlisle, NYC, Atlanta, and back to Houston.

Amazingly enough, the only trouble I had with the El Camino was the heater core cracking during the dyno run. Bypassed it and didn't have any other issues the other half of the trip. I was really expecting some major problems, especially with at least 1500lbs of crap in the car and running around through the mountains in Pennsylvania, but nothing really happened.

Oh yeah, and I managed to get a nice mpg average of 16.

Fake Edit:
Umm, well, if anyone has suggestions for image hosting I'll put up the pictures. Waffleimages is down and the only other one I use is Imageshack. I'll attach one for now.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Scientifically proven to be more fuel efficient than hybrids!
So umm, how did you fit 4 people in an El Camino?

hippynerd
Nov 5, 2004

by Ozma

TurboLuvah posted:

So umm, how did you fit 4 people in an El Camino?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

hippynerd posted:

Somehow I doubt he rode there the whole time.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

DropShadow posted:

He kinda looks like he did.

That's a nice Elky, though, my first car was an '82.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

DropShadow posted:

I crossed an international border (Canada/US) once in the back of a pickup truck full of camping supplies. I was sleeping under a tarp and some stuff and dad forgot to declare me at the border.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Phone photo, but whatevs.

rap music fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jul 5, 2009

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Here are my girlfriend's and I's Minis. Her '02 R50 on the left and my '07 R56 S on the right. Just got the S, and I'm loving it.

ThwartedEfforts
Aug 20, 2002

Your girlfriend doesn't remind you of your sister in any way, does she?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

ThwartedEfforts posted:

Your girlfriend doesn't remind you of your sister in any way, does she?

I don't have any sisters. I have a brother though. I'm sure whatever you're getting at is going to go way over my head. Oh well .

justaname
Dec 11, 2007

by Fistgrrl
1987 Vette, all stock for now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penis Colada
May 21, 2009

DoesNotCompute posted:

All kidding aside, how have you found it to live with? My sister has been looking at these and I'm wondering how upkeep/reliability has been?

It's been great, we've had it for nearly a year (bought in August '08 brand new for $7,000 off MSRP) and the only problem was the check engine light came on, which was fixed during scheduled servicing. Also, there was one weird instance where the car wouldn't start because the battery was low on juice, but that was probably my fault one way or another.

Protip: don't turn around where there are stiff tree roots. I tried doing that, a loving tree root somehow MISSED my bumper, came up under it, and bent the bumper mounts down (this was all at about 3 mph), so there's now a nice 1cm gap between the front bumper and hood.