Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006

ibroxmassive posted:

It's just a statement of subtlelty.

1966? Subtlety? :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Craiglen posted:

1966? Subtlety? :aaaaa:

I know I know, but honestly, England under Capello have been almost....decent? Normal? Understated?

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
Also the last time North Korea qualified for the World Cup was in 1966 so maybe that's a sign

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Craiglen posted:

Also the last time North Korea qualified for the World Cup was in 1966 so maybe that's a sign

I'd love it if they beat Italy 1-0 again :)

identikit
Dec 24, 2005

I'll show you and your massive chebs the time of your lives you sexy fuck
I'm surprised with how much Umbro have been on the ball lately (no pun intended). Except their marketing leaves a bit to be desired.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

identikit posted:

I'm surprised with how much Umbro have been on the ball lately (no pun intended). Except their marketing leaves a bit to be desired.

owned by Nike now, so I'm not surprised they've been whipped into shape really.

the Nike kits were miles better than Adidas' in 2006, looks like that won't be a terribly hard feat to accomplish once again.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the spain kits arent nearly as bad as that pic makes it look

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I kinda like the goalkeeper shirt. Not sure why.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
The blue shorts on the field players look pretty wank, too.

Mexico's kit is hilarious. The embellishments are nice, until they're under direct lighting:

Then it's pretty clear Mexico are cosplaying as Christmas ornaments.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
Sweating ketchup. Going to enjoy watching my tool friends throw down $65 for these and get vehemently angry when I say they're ugly.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Was Taters posted:

The blue shorts on the field players look pretty wank, too.

Mexico's kit is hilarious. The embellishments are nice, until they're under direct lighting:

Then it's pretty clear Mexico are cosplaying as Christmas ornaments.

Already gets my vote for most ridiculous kit at the World Cup which is a shame because the shirt below might be the greatest kit ever.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
I actually love the Russian one but you'd better be in great shape to wear that one.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

Shrapnac posted:

Already gets my vote for most ridiculous kit at the World Cup which is a shame because the shirt below might be the greatest kit ever.

Honestly the shirts that they let Mexican sports companies design for them were both pretty good (I believe this was one of them), I hope they don't choose to stay with Adidas again after this travesty.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Yeah, Mexico had a string of years where they had more or less "internal" kit sponsors and they turned out the best kits.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

wayth posted:

What is going on with the gray X on the back?

It does make fit people look even more buff. I don't think it serves any functional purpose though.

The France kits look really nice.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
Jesus christ Spain, why must you do this to me? I was so excited to get a new Casillas jersey after the amazing Euro 2008 one.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Was Taters posted:

I actually love the Russian one but you'd better be in great shape to wear that one.

Finally I have my reason to start working out..

Bless you, Russian football shirt.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Did Russia wear the new ones today? There were no shoulder holdsters.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

I always loved this one:

Real Madrid away 2002, back in the day when they were at the tail-end of bieng actually good.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
As much as I hate RM, that is a really nice shirt.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Mixed feelings about that Spain kit. I like plain simple colors, it makes everything look more classy but those stripes looks 90s as heck.

With that said, I wonder if we will look back on todays kits in 2024 and think: "man, do you remember those kits from the 2010 world cup? they were hideous!"

Hieronymus Bosch
Feb 26, 2008

euroboy posted:

Mixed feelings about that Spain kit. I like plain simple colors, it makes everything look more classy but those stripes looks 90s as heck.

With that said, I wonder if we will look back on todays kits in 2024 and think: "man, do you remember those kits from the 2010 world cup? they were hideous!"

I pretty much already am :confused:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
By 2024 we will be watching robofootball

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

poty posted:

By 2024 we will be watching robofootball

Wicka posted:

Can't believe that Walbott sprang a leak in training, three months out in repairs?! :(

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Alex Ferguson will still be managing Manchester United in 2024.

Cyborg Alex Ferguson, that is.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

euroboy posted:

Alex Ferguson will still be managing Manchester United in 2024.

Cyborg Alex Ferguson, that is.
"Refbot2000, your internal clock has malfunctioned"

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

ibroxmassive posted:

Would robots have to train?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Semprini posted:

"Refbot2000, your internal clock has malfunctioned"

Monkey refs.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

Directorman posted:

Would robots have to train?

Calibration sessions would be critical to match day success.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
I found out that the grey "x" on the back of many of the new Adidas kits is part of some quasi-scientific mumbo jumbo about proper fit and compression to "enhance performance."

I'm not lying.

quote:

Play like the masters of the FFF wearing this adidas French Football Federation Authentic Home Jersey. This special-edition soccer jersey features PowerWEB™ muscle support and a TECHFIT™ design that focuses muscle energy for enhanced performance.

http://www.press.adidas.com/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-336/

http://www.shopadidas.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3846016&shopGroup=R&cp=2019627.2039608.2019536.2181645&colorId=

quote:

The purpose of adidas TechFit products is to improve joint alignment, muscle balance, and posture plus link key muscle groups together to maximize power generation. This results in better explosive movements, where power or speed is key, such as Running, lateral cutting movements (Tennis), stopping and starting (Football & Soccer ) or lifting (Training). Key to adidas TechFit products is a compressive and tight garment.

This also keeps fatties from wearing it, I guess.

VVV Whoops. Sorry.

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Nov 17, 2009

identikit
Dec 24, 2005

I'll show you and your massive chebs the time of your lives you sexy fuck
You obviously missed me pointing that out on the last page :colbert:

Anybody tried those baselayers anyway? I'm undecided between Adidas and Nike atm. Might just get what's cheapest.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
I've got a Nike Pro one for running and football when it's cold. Love it.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
I play rugby, and since its disgustingly cold here I wear baselayers quite often. Nike Pro stuff is comfy, but it tends to roll up and stuff which is a pain. I have some Adidas techfit cycling shorts aswell as a longsleeve and they're both great fits, but they're not great for warmth. Underarmour stuff keeps you warm, but its also thick and uncomfortable. Canterbury armourfit is pretty warm, and usually a good fit, but seems to get torn/worn out quicker than any of the others.

TL;DR Get what's cheapest

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Thirteenth Step posted:

I always loved this one:

Real Madrid away 2002, back in the day when they were at the tail-end of bieng actually good.

A refferee kit?
*entire thread drools over it*
oh

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

One person who said they "liked" it? Not really an entire thread "drooling" over it.

It's a nice kit though, better than any of Addidas/Madrid's efforts since then.

Thirteenth Step fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Nov 18, 2009

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
What

Only registered members can see post attachments!

warez
Mar 13, 2003

Oh, so THAT'S what Duda's penis looks like.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
It's an undergarment. Oh.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Nothus posted:

What

No way that's loving real, no. loving. way. Or at least no way that's their outfield kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanskrit Scat
Aug 11, 2007

real_scud posted:

No way that's loving real, no. loving. way. Or at least no way that's their outfield kit.

Yeah, you're right they probably train in those.