Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint for April: (1) Orc Warlord and (1) Orc Wizard! Mantic Games, metal, 28mm, zenithal primed.

I've done a slight conversion on the Warlord, since I intend to use him as a wizard/apprentice in Frostgrave. I've cut the axe head off his normal weapon, and replaced it with a part from the Empire Battle Wizards sprue by GW:

And after adding a little greenstuff, the Warlord now looks like this:

(Slimnoid, Red Shoe: Thanks for the compliments on the Orc Chirurgeon! That was my favorite model out of that batch, and despite breaking his saw blade off with my sausage-like fingers, it was a real joy to paint.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete

Halberdiers painted up to match the statues from a previous month

Goliath gangers, for use as a second cultist squad alongside my Diggas from last season

Mantic Bard. I need to get some different backgrounds for my lightbox as this guy was hard to photograph.

Treasure chests, more treasure markers for Frostgrave as people keep forgetting their own and borrowing mine. Also claiming Jurnal as there's coins in them there chests!

All for One! - everything from this season, plus a few other things painted but not oathed in the same time period. Overall fewer models painted than last year but a greater variety of things (also last season I wasn't moving house in the middle of it!).

---

EDIT: As a quick reminder, it's the final month so please check that your info is correct in the spreadsheet! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gyczYXjiTMPxtFrjYiqm1qJIQmj5hjevoWPDwos354w/edit#gid=7

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Apr 21, 2016

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
Hey, quick question: I've given away two of this year's oaths as gifts. Does that make me ineligible for the All-in-One group photo, or can I substitute oath-complete pics for those items in the roundup?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Hey, quick question: I've given away two of this year's oaths as gifts. Does that make me ineligible for the All-in-One group photo, or can I substitute oath-complete pics for those items in the roundup?

Ineligible as I recall. Some commission painters sent their oaths/commissions to their new homes and missed out on the Group Shot bonus in previous years.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Oath Complete

Despite recent events, the colour wasn't intended as a Prince tribute.

Claiming the jurnal point because well... 4LOM is a bounty hunter, and this is his ship. Alternatively, for the not-terribly-visible attempt at heat-staining on the engines.

Will post All For One shortly - but do I need to put in the state of my failed oath, or just the completed ones?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

JackMann posted:

Oath complete!

Claiming the jurnal point both on the basis that Crazy Pete here just done struck it rich and because it's the first time I've really tried out freehand to get a fabric texture. Didn't turn out quite as awesomely as I'd hoped, but still, good to try new things.

Before I enlarged the timgs, I 100% thought he was dancing on top of a pizza. Like I legitimately thought that was a thing you had gone for and I was reading your post trying to find the explanation.

Even after enlarging, the resemblance is still pretty good.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Oath Complete

Also, here's an All for One group shot. I started partway through the Oath-year, so there's only 4 months of stuff in it.

List posted:

3 Marauders, 3 Hunters, 3 Reapers, 3 Invaders, 6 Infantry Bases (Hawk Wargames, 10mm)
Scourge Oppressor and HarbingerDropzone Commander, Hawk Wargames, Resin, 10mm.
One Annihilator, one Raider, and four Vampires for Dropzone Commander. Hawk Wargames, 10mm, resin and metal.
four bases of Destroyers by Hawk Wargames (10mm metal) and one Screamer by same (10mm resin and metal).

There's a few models in this army that were painted but were never Oathed, since my primary concern at the time was getting them painted so I could glue on their flight pegs. Here's the full army including those models:

All told, and counting the infantry bases as one model each, I painted thirty-one oathed models, and an additional fourteen un-oathed ones.

wdarkk fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 28, 2016

R.S. Gumby
Jul 26, 2007

Utterly useless.
Oath complete!

Here's my Palmyran army for DBA:

This was a fun army to paint, and I'm quite tempted to expand this army to let me play the later Palmyrans. This is the early list, while Palmyra was still a Roman province. I'd need a couple more stands of Cataphracts (the tank horses) to field the later Palmyrans, but it would give me a chance to have Queen Zenobia on her camel as a general which would be kinda cool, since women in command are pretty rare.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oath Complete!

Keeper of Secrets

fiend

seeker

daemonette

For the JURNAL, experimented with (and learned) a lot of new stuff!

1. I lifted a trick from the digital art world, and first painted everything in B&W grayscale to establish values. Then I applied colors in the form of glazes, inks, and washes.

2. I finally got around to trying two-brush blending. It worked better in some places than others, but it's definitely an easy way to get a nice gradient. It's like a practical version of the 'smudge' tool. One thing that surprised me was it works for both highlights and shading - that's not always made clear in tutorials.

3. Pine bark is superior in every way to shale or slate rock. You can pin through it, it takes paint and glue better, and won't unbalance the figure's weight causing weird falling disasters.

4. Photography in natural lighting brings out the colors a million times betterthan artificial lighting. I shot these in the indirect sunlight, removed the color cast in photoshop, and finally feel like I've got photos that look as good as the in-person figures.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Oath Complete

Nothing special just paint!

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

Claiming Jurnal for the month for the treasure chests.

And as for All for One;

Two pics, because I packed half of them away, then remembered the PHR infantry.

Overall, this year I painted 92 models (including seperate bases)
Dropzone Commander: 18 Infantry bases, 17 vehicles, 1 mech, 9 dropships
Wrath of Kings: 5 models, 1 additional base
Guild Ball: 3 models, 1 ball
Kings of War: 1 Dwarf Lord on Bear, 8 bases
Super Dungeon Explore: 3 heroes, 6 pets, 10 chests, 5 Boo Bootys.
Full Thrust: 1 ship
Infinity: 1 model

Plus managed a load more (un-oathed) Infinity, and even more Dropzone Commander. All told, much more than last year.

Oath posts by month;
May
June
July
August
September
November
December
January
February
March
April

Germ
May 7, 2013

I was hoping to get some actual painting done this month, but it's almost over and I've done squat.

I, Germ, oath to paint this resin wall section, made by me, intended for use in Zone Mortalis

I guess the least I can do is get a test scheme in for the terrain I'm working on!

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

OATH COMPLETE

Like LazyAngel's (much better) oath above, my Challenge is the implied riches contained inside the chests. And maybe in the barrels too. If Elder Scrolls games have taught me one thing, it's that people store the weirdest things in barrels. Got a few spare coins, might as well toss them in this gigantic barrel over in the corner~

JerryLee fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Apr 24, 2016

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

JerryLee posted:

OATH COMPLETE

Like LazyAngel's (much better) oath above, my Challenge is the implied riches contained inside the chests. And maybe in the barrels too. If Elder Scrolls games have taught me one thing, it's that people store the weirdest things in barrels. Got a few spare coins, might as well toss them in this gigantic barrel over in the corner~

You done forgot your name on those pics :)

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

And here's All For One.

(The state of my failed oath was horrible >.<)

And some links to my completion pics (and oath pic for the failed one.

Aheh six minis gently caress this year has not gone to plan. But now I have a regular game to show off my painting, I'm back on my game a bit more.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Zark the Damned posted:

You done forgot your name on those pics :)

I did! Thank you for pointing it out, it's now fixed.

Just goes to show how hard I've been phoning it in this month. :shepface:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
:siren:Oath complete:siren:

:siren:Claiming theme challenge: paint a model that is directly involved with money in some way. The merchant, his bookkeeper and his chests of money.
:siren:Claiming I rolled a 6! Create or paint markers, template, dice or some other gaming aid (the treasure chests).

:siren:All for one.

May http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=126494#post446003496
June http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=126494#post447222936
July http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=126494#post448242278
August http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=126494#post448768572
September http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=126494#post450791119
October http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=126494#post452156642
November http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=126494#post453046630
December http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=126494#post454404088
January http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=126494#post455638517
February http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=126494#post456785605
March http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=126494#post458087363
April (see above)

:siren:Spring Cleaning!

Before
Official image

Unofficial image (no time stamp)

After
Official image

Unofficial image (no time stamp)

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Apr 25, 2016

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath for the month of April a Wyrd Miniatures Malifaux 1st Edition Mechanical Attendant

I'll be trying to copy the box art for this one, and then see if I can fit any more models in around uni stuff.

BobFish
Jan 16, 2004

Believe: The Sequel - This time it really will happen
Oath Complete!

Done for a few days but finally had some reasonable lighting during the little one's nap to take photos:

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath addition! A reaper bones fountain(?) and a reaper bones chest with coins

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

moths posted:

Oath Complete!

Keeper of Secrets

That's great work, I'll definitely be using that as inspiration if I ever get round to painting my Keeper of Secrets from the same era!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Whups, lost track of things there, sorry for the delay getting everything together! I'll do a housekeeping post after this one...

glitchkrieg posted:

I, glitchkrieg, oath for the month of April: 1 Dark Elf Crossbowman (GW 32mm), 1 Gnasher Squig (GW 32mm), One-Side Football Base (Fanath Art). Also pictured the base for my last oath.

nesbit37 posted:

oath addition! one blood bowl team display base made by me from experimenting with a laser cutter.

JackMack posted:

I JackMack, do solemnly oath for the month of April. Three Copplestone scavenger tank hunters and a GW Catachan Missile launcher team (as two models).

Indolent Bastard posted:

I, Indolent Bastard, Oath 6 treasure markers I made myself and 1 each Games Workshop Citizens Of The Empire Merchant & Scribe 28mm

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I, GARETH GOBULCOQUE, DO OATH A BARD OF ALAHAN FROM RACKHAM FOR THE MONTH OF APRIL

Arson Fire posted:

I, Arson Fire, oath to paint a Genestealer Cult Patriarch in the month of April (GW, 28mm)

Grey Hunter posted:

Oath Addition

Its going well, so lets get a sneaky couple of tanks in -
1 Churchill MKIV, 15mm by Plastic Solider Company
1 Panzer MKIV, 15mm by Battlefront.

LazyAngel posted:

I Oath, for the Month of April, 10 chests and 5 mimics, all from Super Dungeon Explore by Soda Pop

JackMann posted:

I, JackMann, Oath for the month of April, one Crazy Pete, Prospector

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath 3 Ariadna grunts, from Infinity, 25mm by Corvus Belli

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint for April: (1) Orc Warlord and (1) Orc Wizard! Mantic Games, metal, 28mm, zenithal primed.

Germ posted:

I, Germ, oath to paint this resin wall section, made by me, intended for use in Zone Mortalis

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath for the month of April a Wyrd Miniatures Malifaux 1st Edition Mechanical Attendant

Schmetterling posted:

Oath addition! A reaper bones fountain(?) and a reaper bones chest with coins
Oaths Accepted!

Germ posted:

All of these All for One! posts are incredible! I love them.
I know, I love it too!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
OK, so housekeeping...

Zark the Damned posted:

EDIT: As a quick reminder, it's the final month so please check that your info is correct in the spreadsheet! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gyczYXjiTMPxtFrjYiqm1qJIQmj5hjevoWPDwos354w/edit#gid=7
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check the spreadsheet to make sure you have all the points you should have. We did change pointkeepers partway through but that shouldn't have affected things. We are also catching up with the judging (as usual), so it will be a little while before we have the final totals for everyone.

jadebullet posted:

Oath Complete
Claiming the technical challenge of using a Dremel to grind away a poo poo ton of pewter on the SoB Repentia Engine pilot.

Just FYI, your images aren't showing up for me - it could be the host is down or I have some browser extension that's blocking a script but Imgur stuff comes through fine, it's actually the preferred image host for SA and the Oath Thread.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I know you got an answer for this but I want to check to see what we did for this previously.

:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:
OK, so the NEXT OATH THREAD is going up at the end of this month (OMG that's so soon), unless there are major objections I'm not planning to change the points or rules. I'll post the link here and in a few of the game threads, I will encourage all of you to share the Oath Thread with other threads that you take part in that I may miss out, talk it up, get excited, share how many models you got painted, etc. I haven't figured out how to do a referral system yet but basically the more the merrier, you guys know that!

As we'll have a new Oath Thread (Season SEVEN! wow how time flies) I'll discuss new/returning sponsors in the new thread, ANY discussion about prizes, judgements, points, etc., will need to stay in this thread so we're not flipping back and forth between different threads please.

I'll also be very gently poking the judges so we can get caught up.

THEMES for next year will stay mostly unchanged, I don't recall any major failures or themes that got ignored but if there was some failing there please come forward. I think the pre-listing of the themes worked out pretty good, it let everyone plan ahead, there were some wonky ones that we just didn't have a good idea for (like...February?) but they can't all be winners! I'll try to think of a couple of different ones and welcome new monthly theme ideas, I'll post a list soon for perusal and comment.

For the 'paint a KR Case' contest, I am in contact with KR presently to get all the participants of that contest (last JUNE, holy poo poo) their prizes, I am however in need of shipping addresses for two goons:
moths and
liljonas

If I see you guys post in other threads (I know I see moths in the GW Death Thread I think and liljonas pretty much lives in the historicals thread) I'll give you a poke. If I don't, please drop me a line: krushgroove169 at gmail.com

IF YOU ARE AWAITING A PRIZE please drop me a line: krushgroove169 at gmail.com to confirm I have your prize info, name and postage address. I have been in touch with a goon or two in the past couple of weeks for stuff, if you haven't been in touch I've probably forgotten or misplaced your info so PLEASE GET IN TOUCH.

Also I realize there are many month's worth of prizes that need to be drawn, I will be doing that this week, I forgot Zark isn't doing the prize draws.

Finally, I'm going to stop being shy just for one time every year and say that YES any donations to help out with postage will be gratefully accepted by Paypal. I'm posting out many pounds/kilos of MDF terrain, paint and other goodies and yeah it does cost a pretty penny when going to the post office with an IKEA bag full of stuff. So any help would be gratefully received. My Paypal address is frank.mckinney at gmail.com

Whew. OK.

Any other things to cover?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

krushgroove posted:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check the spreadsheet to make sure you have all the points you should have. We did change pointkeepers partway through but that shouldn't have affected things. We are also catching up with the judging (as usual), so it will be a little while before we have the final totals for everyone.
Nah there are way too many zeroes in mine.

I mean, it's the right number for the amount of oaths I failed and months I didn't oath, but it's still too many :(

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

krushgroove posted:

For the 'paint a KR Case' contest, I am in contact with KR presently to get all the participants of that contest (last JUNE, holy poo poo) their prizes, I am however in need of shipping addresses for two goons:
moths and
liljonas

Did KR ever end up putting our pictures up anywhere? Because I would totally be into seeing my case on their facebook, twitter, or website

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

thespaceinvader posted:

Oath Complete

Despite recent events, the colour wasn't intended as a Prince tribute.

Is this a named paint color or did you mix it?

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

krushgroove posted:

I know you got an answer for this but I want to check to see what we did for this previously.

Pretty sure we did a just show what you still have thing. I don't do many commissions, but I do give away a lot of the stuff I paint.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Oops, PM sent to your gmail account!

Thanks! I'm very proud of that figure!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Cat Face Joe posted:

Is this a named paint color or did you mix it?

GW's mid purple (Xereus I think?) highlighted with the brighter one then with Tentacle Pink (WAAAAAY old colour, nearly run out :() then washed with 90s-era Purple Wash.

I adore my pot of purple wash to a disturbing degree, I use it on almost all my paint jobs for Wangs.

If anything it's more vibrant in person, the photo washed it out a touch.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Finally back from work travel so...

I, Lord Aba, oath one tank from Dropzone Commander (10mm scale).

First time painting something at this scale... not sure if that is enough for the monthly bonus but there you go!

quote:

Still missing my backstory achievement. I'll edit in the link soon...

EDIT: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=192044&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post452659375

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

thespaceinvader posted:

Nah there are way too many zeroes in mine.

I mean, it's the right number for the amount of oaths I failed and months I didn't oath, but it's still too many :(
I feel exactly the same! I really need to at least prime my Zombicide models and Oath a bunch of them each month, just to get them painted (which IS THE POINT!! :))

NTRabbit posted:

Did KR ever end up putting our pictures up anywhere? Because I would totally be into seeing my case on their facebook, twitter, or website
I am sorting with them as I type! Or, rather, I awaiting an email back from them, we have been corresponding over the past week.

LordAba posted:

I, Lord Aba, oath one tank from Dropzone Commander (10mm scale).
Oath Accepted!

:siren: OK so here's the provisional Challenge list for Season 7! :siren:
I've moved a few around, cleaned up some of the wording and added a couple of new ones to keep things fresh, but mostly they're the same or similar to this season.

quote:

Challenges
Every month has its own theme, and every theme will have its own Theme Challenge and Technical Challenge related to the main theme. You only need to do one Challenge to earn your Challenge Point for the month. Doing both Challenges in a month will NOT give you extra points. Some months have alternate challenges for one or the other challenge, just choose whichever fits your needs/models/skills best and crack on! If you have any questions just ask.

May: Apropos of nothing...
technical challenge: paint a model in an 'old' painting style! Classic GW style with bright green rims? Perfect! Even better is if you can find a painting DVD or guide from way back when (we all have one kicking around, right?) and copy their style as close as you can
theme challenge: paint the OLDEST model you have in your stack of models!

June: Summer’s here! It's the hottest month of the years, so show us some skin!
technical challenge: paint a model that is mostly skin - any color skin you like! The model (not counting weapon or base) should be at least 50-60% skin, so for example a Conan-style barbarian with tall boots, loincloth and bracers will probably count as at least 50% skin
theme challenge: paint a model that is showing a bit of skin - at least bare arms, exposed midriff, exposed legs, etc. Let's say 25% of the model should be skin (not counting weapon or base)

July: Life's a beach!
technical challenge: use water effects of some type on your base, so that your model looks like it's just stepped out of the water - or it's just about to go in the water!
theme challenge: paint a model that is in some way related to water - it could be a mermaid, navy SEAL, fish, sharkman, boat, whatever you like!

August: Feeling hot! hot! hot! it’s the hottest time of the year!
technical challenge: OSL! Now it's time to PAINT a cool glow effect on your model! Fire, engine heat, glowing eyes, whatever you can think of
theme challenge: paint actual flames, smoke or something similar on your model

September: School's about to start - let’s celebrate the big yellow school bus!
technical challenge: paint a mostly YELLOW model! Yellow should be at least 50% of the model, or more. You should have shading, mid-tones and highlighting
theme challenge: paint a school bus-themed model! Alternatively, paint a model that has the classic math/science/geometry teacher stylings of tweed! Put plaid or tweed somewhere on your model

October: The month of horror movie releases and Halloween!
technical challenge: in the spirit of the "hidden threat" in classic suspense films (such as the mother/neighbor you'd never suspect, or the "evil twin"), paint a model with a very bright spotlight source of light! This is tricky because of the extreme brightness on one side of the model, and extreme darkness on the other side! Alternatively, paint a mostly BLACK model! Black should be at least 50% of the model, or more. You should have shading, mid-tones and highlighting
theme challenge: paint any type of scary monster, in any style you like! This can be something like Creature from the Black Lagoon, Alien, Cloverfield, a large doll, whatever!

November: Harvest Time! Oranges and yellows are the theme! ORRR go with Day of the Dead as your theme
technical challenge: your choice! paint orange and red leaves on your model OR paint some skulls (actual freehand paint 2D skulls, not just painted model skulls)
theme challenge: your choice! harvest time celebrations OR Day of the Dead (Google it)

December: Holly-Jolly Christmas-time, of course! (or Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Saturnalia or whatever) Red & Green, White or anything holiday-themed!
technical challenge: paint a mostly RED model! Red should be at least 50% of the model, or more. You should have shading, mid-tones and highlighting
theme challenge: something for the holidays, of course!

January: So C-C-Cold! it’s the middle of winter and my snot is frozen solid!
technical challenge: paint a mostly WHITE model! White should be at least 50% of the model, or more. You should have shading, mid-tones and highlighting
theme challenge: use snow effect type basing to enhance the cold effect of a model that is wrapped up for warmth

February: It's Oscar season!
technical challenge: in the spirit of Jerry Bruckheimer movies, let's see some explosions! Get creative, use OSL, zenithal type lighting and/or actual lighting!
theme challenge: paint a model that represents or is related to a movie (or TV show)! It doesn't have to be an actual model (e.g., you don't have to paint an actual Captain America or Superman model, but you can paint something in the Captain America or Superman theme & colors)

March: Spring is springing! It’s all GREEEEENNNN!!!
technical challenge: spring is about new beginnings, so take those old bitz and parts and make a model to paint! Yes, this is all about scratchbuilding and converting!
theme challenge: paint or model something on your model that represents new growth - it doesn’t have to be green necessarily, just representative of the theme of springtime

April: Game of Thrones! OMG OMG OMG Season 7 is starting!
technical challenge: paint a DRAGON! (if all you have is sci-fi/40K stuff, something that flies and shoots will substitute just fine)
theme challenge: paint anything with a fantasy theme! No steampunk, no sci-fi, no high magic (e.g., not classic D&D style) - something with armor, furs, fur, sword and/or dagger

Australians - YOU guys only are specifically allowed to swap around the themes to fit your seasonal weather, for example: January - Summer Holidays; February - Feeling Hot; and so on. PLEASE NOTE if you are swapping monthly themes so we can track who did what months if necessary.

I'll come back to this in a couple of days to see if everything sticks, but otherwise I'm happy to take questions or listen to concerns if anyone has any.

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 26, 2016

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
Appalling newbie question. There was talk of Monster May-hem from Zark the Damned. Is that replaced by the May challenge you described above or in addition to? Am I allowed to combine these challenges (ie the oldest model in my collection that is also a monster).

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: KR CASE PRIZE WINNERS :siren:

These are the only goons that completed painting their KR Multicase boxes/cases last June:

Schmetterling
Indolent Bastard
NTRabbit
signal
Zark the Damned
moths
liljonas

If you completed painting your case and aren't on this list, GET IN TOUCH NOW by emailing me at krushgroove169@gmail.com, ideally with a link to your completed Oath post.

I've been through all the posts from last June and have collected pictures of the finished cases, and have mailing addresses from everyone (except moths at this point) and I'll be passing on this info to KR this week, so GET IN TOUCH NOW!!!.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

JackMack posted:

Appalling newbie question. There was talk of Monster May-hem from Zark the Damned. Is that replaced by the May challenge you described above or in addition to? Am I allowed to combine these challenges (ie the oldest model in my collection that is also a monster).

No, there will be various contests that are goon-sponsored and goon-supplied, this is separate to the Oathing. Most contests will rely on completing an Oath but the specifics are up to the individual goon who is running their contest.

Speaking of which, if anyone wants to run their own contests please let me know (again, email me at krushgroove169@gmail.com because searching through PMs is impossible!) so we don't have 2 or more contests going in the same month.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I want to run a special competition again next season, but I'm not in a position to make any promises at the moment for the same reason that I had to skip doing one for season 6. I'll aim for later in the year, early next, see what's happening, let you know when I can, etc

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
That's fine, just get in touch when you're ready, I don't imagine we'll have more than a handful of goon competitions but just want to keep them spread out so they're not all bunched together. I'll put details in the OP about getting in touch!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

moths posted:

Oops, PM sent to your gmail account!

krushgroove posted:

(except moths at this point)

I'll double check, but I'm certain that I sent it yesterday.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

krushgroove posted:

challenges for next season

I like them. I'd change the February challlenge to a more generic one , limiting this to only movies and only 2016 doesn't leave that much room for creativity. Having a general Break the 4th Wall challenge has always been my favorite, so I'd like to see it return.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I also like the new challenges. As an Infinity player, June's going to be a shoe-in :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

thespaceinvader posted:

GW's mid purple (Xereus I think?) highlighted with the brighter one then with Tentacle Pink (WAAAAAY old colour, nearly run out :() then washed with 90s-era Purple Wash.

I adore my pot of purple wash to a disturbing degree, I use it on almost all my paint jobs for Wangs.

If anything it's more vibrant in person, the photo washed it out a touch.

Hm. I'll try this with the Army Painter alien purple and the bottle of pink Reaper sent for some reason.

• Locked thread