Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
If you ask me, the best part of the shot is Ganondorf's rape face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Bufuman posted:

That's just how he looks naturally.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Xenoblade Chronicles X is actually coming out on December 4. Also, Bravely Second is coming in 2016 as well

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Bufuman posted:

Gross dude.

Serenity Dove
Jan 29, 2008

If I had a Pikachu, it'd probably eat my stuff.
I really liked the wedding scene. Yeah it's kind of dopey how it all fits together but I thought it had some cool moments.

Also I imagine on the side of Yevon having the wedding go ahead would be a huge boon. Not many people know about Yuna and co "killing" Seymour and I can see the church saying that any rumours of the event being false. After all it was only a few people at Macalania temple who saw the whole thing go down. No one really mentions the whole unsent zombie thing so I guess it would be easy to cover the whole thing up. Especially considering the clout the temple has on manipulating public thought. Everyone seems quite excited about the wedding so having it go ahead would be great for publicity.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
Fascinating news: Drakengard got mentioned in a Cracked article today.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Bufuman posted:

Fascinating news: Drakengard got mentioned in a Cracked article today.

Cracked stop cropping screenshots from my LPs for your lovely lists, you lazy bums. :argh:

Edit: Welp. Bevelle Cloister of Trials. Still sucks.

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Nov 13, 2015

Grashbar
Aug 17, 2014
Worst cloister right there.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Raise your hand if you only clicked on this thread because you watched spoony's FF review series.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
Bevelle Cloister is pretty bad, but I'd still put down Macalania's as the worst (ICE BLOCK PUZZLES! :argh:). Bevelle's is more tedious than difficult. And the missable treasure chest, while annoying, contains a subpar weapon, so no huge loss.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I can barely remember Bevelle's cloister, but I drat well remember that it goes on way too drat long for a very bad reason.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I recall it looking interesting if little else.

I'm probably wrong.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Klaus88 posted:

Raise your hand if you only clicked on this thread because you watched spoony's FF review series.

Yeah, that's the only reason people know about the obscure series Final Fantasy.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
Given all the martial arts it would be cool to see Fei and Grahf as a DLC two pack. Summon Weltall and own everyone with nipple cannons for the final smash.

...the gameplay/cinematic gap is so weird. Somehow it worked in ff7 I guess because nobody thought about it too much. Has anyone done guns in an rpg in any kind of way that makes sense, or is satisfying?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Spiritus Nox posted:

I can barely remember Bevelle's cloister, but I drat well remember that it goes on way too drat long for a very bad reason.

As someone who actually liked the Cloister of Trials, I found myself annoyed enough to use a GameFAQs guide for Macalania's.

But even Macalania's Cloister wasn't as offensive as Bevelle's. Everyone in Bevelle is an rear end in a top hat, especially the interior decorators. :argh:

If I can say one good thing about it, you don't have to worry about backtracking to it later since it automatically gives you the Destruction Sphere treasure.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, that's the only reason people know about the obscure series Final Fantasy.

:negative:

Okay, let me say what I actually meant to say, raise your hand if you only clicked on this thread to see if FF X is as poo poo as Spoony spent multiple videos saying it was.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Klaus88 posted:

Okay, let me say what I actually meant to say, raise your hand if you only clicked on this thread to see if FF X is as poo poo as Spoony spent multiple videos saying it was.

Nope. I'd already played and beaten it by the time Spoony got around to reviewing it.

I enjoyed the game, and I'd heard good things about TDI LPs, so I decided to check it out when it popped up.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.

Klaus88 posted:

I just like TDI's stuff. Can't say I even know who Spoony is.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Klaus88 posted:

Yeah, nobody's played or seen obscure game Final Fantasy X outside of lovely Internet Reviewer Guy's stuff. I get where you're coming from.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Meh, not everyone has played FFX
allthough it seems absurdly popular

I saw the Spoony reviews (and he was fine then), but I played the game beforehand myself, and that was long after it had come out still

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Klaus88 posted:

I just played and liked Final Fantasy X and wanted to read a LP about it.

I have no idea who Spoony is unless they're a bard.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Klaus88 posted:

Is there a person who clicked on his second video after watching the first one? If so, why? It was just 30 minutes of complaining about Blitzball physics and calling Tidus a fag over and over. Did that review seriously make you wonder if the game was lovely or not?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

The Dark Id posted:

Edit: Welp. Bevelle Cloister of Trials. Still sucks.

I will say one thing for it, at least (from what I remember) they made it so you can't screw up and leave without using the Sphere of Destruction in the Cloister.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Super Ninja Fish posted:

It was just 30 minutes of complaining about Blitzball physics and calling Tidus a fag over and over.

Christ, please tell me the rest of his videos aren't like that. Even Tim Buckley can produce better writing than that.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Bufuman posted:

Christ, please tell me the rest of his videos aren't like that. Even Tim Buckley can produce better writing than that.

His videos were already going way, way downhill by the time FFX rolled around. His best material is probably his Ripper and Phantasmagoria LPs.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

That, I suppressed that image.

Now the music is creeping into the dark corner of my mind.

Thanks.

Pangurban
Apr 29, 2015

I literally just hissed and recoiled from the screen, after having also mercifully supressed that image for years.

Unclean! Unclean!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Back when I bought guides with the game, I always, always followed carefully for the directions to Bevelle.

I'm already bad at puzzles, I imagine I literally would not finish the game without that guide.

Renditious
Sep 25, 2012
Huh, so that's what it feels like to have repressed memories return. I genuinely had completely forgotten about the Bevelle cloisters, and that one image brings it all rushing back.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

So now that we have a gif of this, how does ANYONE still buy into Yevon's teachings after reaching this temple? :psyduck:

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So now that we have a gif of this, how does ANYONE still buy into Yevon's teachings after reaching this temple? :psyduck:

Because that cloister would be so much easier without all that goddamned machina everywhere. :v:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

gently caress, it's THIS one?!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

*howls in horror*

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I think I know how. I think there are two cloisters, and this is the one we take because we are running from the armed forces. Either that, or they just call it temple stuff.

ZakAce
May 15, 2007

GF
He looks like a car being presented in a showroom.

I don't mind the other Cloisters, but Bevelle can piss off. At least the other cloisters are easy enough if you know what you're doing. Bevelle practically requires a walkthrough.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Because techno-Tron platform rides from hell aren't forbidden, clearly. Only things like airships and blitzball training machines but not the blitzball TV channel.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Because it worked before. After you get that far, would you turn back? You're so close to temporarily saving the world.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The Catholic Church still exists.

Giovanni Boccaccio posted:

To the best of my judgment, your Pastor, and by consequence all that are about him devote all their zeal and ingenuity and subtlety to devise how best and most speedily they may bring the Christian religion to nought and banish it from the world. And because I see that what they so zealously endeavour does not come to pass, but that on the contrary your religion continually grows, and shines more and more clear, therein I seem to discern a very evident token that it, rather than any other, as being more true and holy than any other, has the Holy Spirit for its foundation and support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Wait what's with the horrified screams about this temple it's easy.

• Locked thread