Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Average Bear posted:

I beat the game, is it the elevator above old wolf bonfire? I'm trying to lay down a sign but its greyed out

thats not it but theres something cool up there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

oh wait i missed something

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Running all over the place trying to get this sign to be usable. Can't even use the homeward bones either, like it thinks im being invaded.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are we talking about the same place lol. The elevator above the old wolf. If you walk up the stair case you can set a sign or even invade because it's a whole side area up here.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I think you just cant put signs down in areas "past" your level. I can't in sacrifice road, but can in an endgame area. That blows

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You should be able to put signs anywhere, if you set a password.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Mine is set to "Imp"

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:shrug:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe you are technically in NG+ now

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Nah its a DK2 kind of thing where you go to the bonfire to go to NG+. It has to be a bug. I saw someone on reddit also say they couldnt use stuff there. idk

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i am really struggling on this dude. if you gently caress up once he stunlocks you to death. hes awesome

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i cant get any phantoms for him and i kind of just want to do NG+ already

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its all moot because I summoned some random guy who dumpstered it with a reinforced club. I put my red/gold sign down and people kept summoning me by accident lol

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Can't decide if i wanna do NG+ or a low level pvp run nexct..

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If u still want to co-op I'd appreciate just regular help with Farron Keep because I really cannot stand Posion Swamp #3's enemies

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

I ended the Abyss Watchers with a backstab... The feels, they take me....

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Average Bear posted:

Can't decide if i wanna do NG+ or a low level pvp run nexct..

low level pvp is insanely win, theres a bunch of noobs. ng+ will always be there

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

If u still want to co-op I'd appreciate just regular help with Farron Keep because I really cannot stand Posion Swamp #3's enemies

Oh mb i didn't see this. Yeah just let me know when and ill tele to where you are to see if i can put a sign down

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just finished getting the door open lmao.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Just message me on steam for co op cause im invading and bluing lol. Double dipping ftw

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Playing as caster isn't as ezmode I imagined it to be. Most enemies are aggressive and tough enough to get really close while you're casting. There's only a couple of enemies I've managed to cheese due to pathfinding bugs which is good. Damage is okay but you kill stuff faster with a sword. Sorceries are good for dealing with trash.

I've ended up leveling sorcerer pretty evenly actually, with my current goal being 20 int/fth to try out other spell types.

Attack miracles got a lot cooler in DS3: there's a literal holy locust horde spell lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So uh. I'm glad I never have to buy a PS4 because Abyss Watchers exist lol. I was like wtf this is easy as poo poo? and then phase 2 almost killed me like 4 times. Best From boss fight ever IMO.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i can beat any of the bosses lol. there to hard

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When you die to the boulder trap on your way to pick up a 50k bloodstain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bulsXLM_2KE

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Pointiff Sulvayhn :stare:

Just :stare:

... How the gently caress am I going to beat this guy. I was barely holding on for phase 1 and then phase 2 kicks in and I'm just crying in the corner.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
oh my goooood i just killed the tree on with 1hp left and no estus and i had to do half the fight solo with after i summoned 2 phantoms and they died immediately and im shakeing

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Dark Souls is loving back babey

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

slight spoilers i guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLwg5UP03KQ

where did dude get that scythe? also isnt the special roll ring in the catacombs? did i invade a new game+ dude on my +4 weapon level 43 character?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm trying to kill Yuria but she's a badass bitch.

Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

ASK ME ABOUT MY OPINIONS ON CANCEL CULTURE
so do both the estoc and rapier allow for blocking while attacking? only the rapier explicitly says so in the description but it seems the estoc should also?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Only weapons that say so let you, iirc.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

slight spoilers i guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLwg5UP03KQ

where did dude get that scythe? also isnt the special roll ring in the catacombs? did i invade a new game+ dude on my +4 weapon level 43 character?

you can drop items so maybe you can give stuff to low level dudes

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

pontiff on third try! great fuckin fight

Soral
May 30, 2009

ive been invading the second area invasion spot as a mad phantom for the past couple hours helping would-be victims kill the area invaders. this is the most fun i've ever had with pvp in any game ever

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

cathedral of the deep.. wtf is going on in this area o.o

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its really fun to gank people with the two dark wraiths at the Abyss Watcher fog gate lol.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I just won my first 1v3 invasion.. God drat the cursed tree great sword is sick as hell. Plus I killed Yuria so I'm wearing her set which looks badass as a dark spirit

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Larry Parrish posted:

Has anyone noticed that there's like no ugly armors in this game either. Except for the DS1 Warrior/DS2 Pate set you can buy which I've always thought is ugly af, they're all really cool looking. The Fallen Knight set is literally just the Knight armor but with a ratty old cloak and some random pouches and stuff.

The Sorcerer hood matches the robe if you wear them together, but is a burgundy hood that's a little less poofy otherwise.

i think the bandit and leather armour look kind of crap. didn't like them in ds1 either.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Can you kill the tree after getting into the Mound Makers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol cool. They even have the DS2 version of the regular Knight armor in this game, the one that had the open helmet instead.

• Locked thread