Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Stymie posted:

everyone deserves to live a healthy life free of my posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

yes, so please stop quoting

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
stymie is objectively correct but this is the wrong venue

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

stymie is objectively correct

what a horrific phrase

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

evan williams straight, then it's time to masturbate

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
wait, stymie's not a therapist?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

yes, so please stop quoting

forgive me senpai

Roosevelt posted:

evan williams straight, then it's time to masturbate

such poetry

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
people who drink in moderation live longer more fulfilling lives.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

cool startup feel posted:

people who drink in moderation live longer more fulfilling lives.

it has been scientifically proven that mormons live longer than the rest of us but they also avoid cigarettes, coffee, and tea. the study adjusted for race but i don't think it adjusted for socio-economic factors so :11tea:

this was the first summary i could find, https://www.deseretnews.com/article/705377709/UCLA-study-proves-Mormons-live-longer.html

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

that summary is unreadable, they have dropped some context; "Religiously active LDS men, i.e. high priests, have 40 percent less chance, on average over the years, of dying than white American men." it is not a nitpick to point out that it is generally held to be true that 100% of men die

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

that summary is unreadable, they have dropped some context; "Religiously active LDS men, i.e. high priests, have 40 percent less chance, on average over the years, of dying than white American men." it is not a nitpick to point out that it is generally held to be true that 100% of men die

it's estimated that about 100 billion people have ever lived, of whom around 7.5 billion are currently alive. based on those data we can conclude that only about 92.5% of people die

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
active lds members have a lot of key things on their side

• no major depressive disorders (you would be expelled)

• no alcohol abuse (you would be expelled)

• no heroin abuse (you would be expelled)

• little or no tobacco use (you would be expelled)

• well-connected with a wide social network
    (ok you got me this one is an actual positive aspect of church membership)

kicking people with major mortality risks out of the population sure improves the population's aggregate mortality risk!

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

big scary monsters posted:

it's estimated that about 100 billion people have ever lived, of whom around 7.5 billion are currently alive. based on those data we can conclude that only about 92.5% of people die

which is why i carefully said that it is "generally held" that 100% of men die, as i am aware of yospos having an ever so slight tendency to nitpick ;)

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

active lds members have a lot of key things on their side

• no major depressive disorders (you would be expelled)

• no alcohol abuse (you would be expelled)

• no heroin abuse (you would be expelled)

• little or no tobacco use (you would be expelled)

• well-connected with a wide social network
    (ok you got me this one is an actual positive aspect of church membership)

kicking people with major mortality risks out of the population sure improves the population's aggregate mortality risk!

surprisingly enough a community comprised mainly of relatively affluent white people lives longer than average

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
dab and crown royal northern harvest rye

it's very good rye

why bother with regular whiskey when rye exists

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

can yoiu tweet this so i can retweet it

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
you know, 6 months ago 4 beers and a couple shots of rye wouldn't have hosed me up like it's doing now

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
doing a dry january and it's really not as bad as i remember from previous attempts. guess that's what happens when you start getting old and boring.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Lyon posted:

doing a dry january and it's really not as bad as i remember from previous attempts. guess that's what happens when you start getting old and boring.
:same:

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
i have stopped buying beer because fizzy drink is cheaper and ill not get as fat (sugarfree)

that said im still drinking

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
just drink water

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

there’s lots of water in beer

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

water is boring. i did get a nice new 1.5l water bottle for work tho. its p good

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

a dece filter with added minerals for flavor is p nice for a water if the local tap is crappy, slightly chilled is tasty

not ready
Apr 1, 2016

I have learned a trick to make poo poo liquor taste good. All you have to do is run it through a water filter (like a pur or brita pitcher) like 5 times. It makes a much smoother taste.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

not ready posted:

I have learned a trick to make poo poo liquor taste good. All you have to do is run it through a water filter (like a pur or brita pitcher) like 5 times. It makes a much smoother taste.

Or just buy good liquor and don't be a loving poor?

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

all liquor is good liquor

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

it tastes better with some ice in it

buys expensive single malt whisky then ruins it by putting ice in it like an animal

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Agile Vector posted:

a dece filter with added minerals for flavor is p nice for a water if the local tap is crappy, slightly chilled is tasty

i’ve never heard of adding minerals before

wonder if they available in nz

also water sucks if it’s not carbonated
soda water for life

normal water is only ok if you’re like super dehydrated or something weird like sports

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

echinopsis posted:

soda water for life

normal water is only ok if you’re like super dehydrated or something weird like sports

Pellegrino > La Croix unflavored.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

echinopsis posted:

soda water for life

some tap filters etc. do it since they tend to strip out a lot and then the water is decent water but not very much else. mineral content is part of what makes some local water taste good, or in the case of some well water with a lot of sulfur and poor filtration, bad and smelly (like my posts)

i poked around and it looks like some places sell additives for distilled water so you might find something on amazon

Schadenboner posted:

Pellegrino > La Croix unflavored.

or this nice premixed kit which tbh is tasty

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

echinopsis posted:

soda water for life

some water tastes very good, it depends on where you live. visitors here often comment on how nice the tapwater is. i dunno what's in it but you can also drink from any stream here without boiling or filtering and it'll be fine. the one exception is glacier fed streams cos they can have tiny suspended rock particles that will tear up yuor throat & stomach lining

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
yeah, my college town had probably the worst tapwater i've ever tasted. it was a limestone heavy area so it always tasted like dirt. thank god for filters

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
While we live right by Lake Michigan, my work is immediately to the west of the subcontinental divide so the bubblers and tap water at work are horrible and radium-flavored.

:(

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

water is good haters

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Schadenboner posted:

horrible and radium-flavored.

:(

l… lowtax?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

some water tastes very good, it depends on where you live. visitors here often comment on how nice the tapwater is. i dunno what's in it but you can also drink from any stream here without boiling or filtering and it'll be fine. the one exception is glacier fed streams cos they can have tiny suspended rock particles that will tear up yuor throat & stomach lining

where I live as far as I know has high quality tapwater...

its just dull w/oiut bubbles

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

not ready posted:

just buy popov in the first place, it’s an industrially-produced (therefore cheap) vodka that’s extremely neutral

no activated charcoal filter necessary because there’s nothing to filter, it’s ethanol and water

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
this is some real picky eater baby palate whining, basically the liquid equivalent of only eating chikky nugs

just drink water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
I like a nice glass of water. I also like a nice sparkling water, or even a flavored one, about once a day as something a bit different. something refreshing to pour and sip, or to have with a nice meal

I can't really place with people who exclusively drink fizzy water though. normal (ice) water is good af