Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

looks like ccp kowtowed to the whiny wormhole nerds, they're adding a mass manipulation module for hictors

e: source: https://forums.eveonline.com/t/update-on-hics-and-wormholes/107871

Given the absolute tedium of the alternative this is probably fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Landsknecht posted:

it's capqu

could be, but would likely just be more complicated and involve insurance scamming or something

I don't know who that is.

tbh i don't know most of EVE personalities other than Mittani, Asher, Sort, Matteral and a few other.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Ynglaur posted:

Why would they make such a module specific to Hictors? Why not make them fittable by all Medium and larger ships, and let emergent gameplay take over?

they're looking to maintain the status quo as closely as possible because of the time constraints involved, the patch goes out in october, which is pretty fuckin' close to the line

rather than have to waste a bunch of time hemming and hawing about a more complicated balance change, they can narrow the scope as much as possible and do the least net change while maintaining the status quo, then maybe go back later and change it (yeah yeah i know)

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

they're looking to maintain the status quo as closely as possible because of the time constraints involved, the patch goes out in october, which is pretty fuckin' close to the line

rather than have to waste a bunch of time hemming and hawing about a more complicated balance change, they can narrow the scope as much as possible and do the least net change while maintaining the status quo, then maybe go back later and change it (yeah yeah i know)

But the truth is, we all know your prefered solution would be to #deletewormholes.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Dalael posted:

But the truth is, we all know your prefered solution would be to #deletewormholes.

yeah but i got a limited ability to divorce my opinions from analysis of a change ccp is doing

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Unrelated to anything but my IRL job has me verifying people's travel claim once in a while, and right now I'm verifying one for someone who went to iceland and seing ISK on official papers is loving me up.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

CainFortea posted:

Oh no, rolling holes might stick you on the wrong side. ~the horror~

Imagine if you will, wanting to go roam but every time you jump into a different region there's a 50/50 chance one of your fleet ends up stuck 30 jumps from home

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

working mom posted:

Imagine if you will, wanting to go roam but every time you jump into a different region there's a 50/50 chance one of your fleet ends up stuck 30 jumps from home

you mean, the way wormholes were specifically designed to work??????

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

working mom posted:

Better odds than at the Ceasar's palace. :rolldice:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
As someone who lives in a wormhole right now with 0% chance of a k space connection, it's become a QoL issue. In your "home" hole rolling Higgs rigged BSes isn't a big deal, but when you're 5 jumps through a chain which is 6 jumps with a ship with a max MWD speed of 100m/s, it gets pretty loving ridiculous. Stack that on top of all the scanning, bookmarking, etc you need to do along with life and mass calcs.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

working mom posted:

Just blame Greyscale.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

evilweasel posted:

you mean, the way wormholes were specifically designed to work??????

How DARE people figure out how to improve their game play in a sandbox game, it's not like other areas do the same with different circumstances at all, no sir. Also how dare ccp change stance on the initial outlook of a region to cater to the people who actually play in that region, the idiots

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

delete wormholes

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Hexel posted:

delete wormholes

TBH wormholes give smaller groups their own slice of the pie without dealing with the absolute clusterfuck of nullsec. It may not have been conceived that way but that's how it is now.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Glad we're in agreement

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

working mom posted:

How DARE people figure out how to improve their game play in a sandbox game, it's not like other areas do the same with different circumstances at all, no sir. Also how dare ccp change stance on the initial outlook of a region to cater to the people who actually play in that region, the idiots

nullsec gets our workarounds for limitations nerfed or changed all the time and we deal

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

working mom posted:

Oh my goodness 30 jumps with warp to 0, how will you ever survive

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

i have been in goonfleet since 2010 so sorry about your chaos dunk that biffed off the rim there my friend

You got me, but your space friends didn't give you the trust

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Risky Bisquick posted:

You got me, but your space friends didn't give you the trust

epic mindgames

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

evilweasel posted:

nullsec gets our workarounds for limitations nerfed or changed all the time and we deal

ya but i think ccp realized the wh mouthbreathers would actually just unsub rather than workaround

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

working mom posted:

Wormholes aren't for blob lovers

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Pomp posted:

These days you'd honestly be surprised.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Pomp posted:

someone's never accidentally punched into the lazerhawks hole

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

evilweasel posted:

I'd be ok with the change if in response they removed local from null

Edit: even if it just didn't put you in it if you didn't dock or take a gate

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

working mom posted:

I'd be ok with the change if in response they removed local from null

if they do that there's basically no reason for wormholes to exist, so we can delete them

assuming that is what you mean deal

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

If they removed local from nul then that would empty everywhere but a rare few deadend systems and delve.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

So in 5 years? (I can't believe interceptors have been broken for that long....)

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

whiny wormhole nerds

Windows is the superior operating system.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Ynglaur posted:

So in 5 years? (I can't believe interceptors have been broken for that long....)

And what exactly about CCP encourages disbelief that they would let something stay so stupidly broken for that long? How long have we had fozzie sov?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

working mom posted:

They don't move stuff that have jump drives at all anymore, but it should be asset safety moved to lowsec anyway for a fee

Could you elaborate on this? I have enough in liquid isk and assets to just replace it, but it sounds to me like supercarriers are doing the work of dreadnoughts now. I kind of want to save it simply because it's a lucky ship that survived every hot drop ever on it. It even survived a mistaken jump to a fully-armed BoB deathstar.

EDIT: Never mind, Google's a wonderful thing. :downs:

Also, the Moros is in DO6H-Q, it seems.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 20, 2018

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Didn't the mere rumor that someone had snuck caps into someone else's wormhole cause an entire Corp to collapse?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Xae posted:

Didn't the mere rumor that someone had snuck caps into someone else's wormhole cause an entire Corp to collapse?

was a meme

rohoku
Jul 9, 2014

didn't realize I was on reddit

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

evilweasel posted:

if they do that there's basically no reason for wormholes to exist, so we can delete them

assuming that is what you mean deal

remove local

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I just want to say that I'm glad the political career of Bag of Vegetables is continuing.

Vote Bag of Vegetables every election, ever.

irishmafiawku
Sep 18, 2018

Risky Bisquick posted:

Oh my goodness 30 jumps with warp to 0, how will you ever survive

In a world where I never have to leave the safety of tether, 30 jumps is a lot.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
If its 30 jumps usually its a better idea to just find a wormhole and try your luck. Usually you can cut 20+ jumps out of the trip, if you get lucky.

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
For 100m isk a day, you could support your very own poverty chimera. *cue sad puppy music* This sad chimera couldn't afford sirens * music gets louder and louder * BUT IT COULD AFFORD INSURANCE AND A DREAM * music is so loud its waking up your neighbors* PLEASE SAVE THESE POOR CHIMERAS FROM DOCK ROT!!!!!!

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
usually if you get lucky :thunk:

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Rutibex posted:

If its 30 jumps usually its a better idea to just find a wormhole and try your luck. Usually you can cut 20+ jumps out of the trip, if you get lucky.

It was pretty neat coming back to Eve once and finding a wormhole from where my stuff was to where it needed to be within a day or two. Several hundreds of jumps, in an Iteron Mk. V, saved.
It's probably even easier now with that wormhole mapping tool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

irishmafiawku posted:

In a world where I never have to leave the safety of tether, 30 jumps is a lot.

that sounds like an exciting game you play