Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

angerbeet posted:

I for one would love to wear internet site merch because I have brain problems

I would buy an official somethingawful shirt

I just wouldn't wear it to the airport, ping pong so simple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There are only two acceptable SA smilie shirts:

1. :grovertoot:
2. :iiaca:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

angerbeet posted:

I for one would love to wear internet site merch because I have brain problems

Still wish I had bought a Homsar shirt tbh

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Isn't Groverhaus technically intellectual property of Grover? It's like when Ubisoft had to change Notre Dame in their Paris assassin game, because they didn't have rights to use the real thing.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Phy posted:

Still wish I had bought a Homsar shirt tbh

:same:

I used to have a The Cheat shirt. I'd still wear that.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Paladinus posted:

Isn't Groverhaus technically intellectual property of Grover? It's like when Ubisoft had to change Notre Dame in their Paris assassin game, because they didn't have rights to use the real thing.

That could be anyone's shed with a mysterious pipe jutting out of the window. Grover doesn't own sole claim to sheds with mysterious pipes jutting out of the windows.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Imagine doing something so profoundly, famously badly that you try to acquire legal ownership of it as a concept.
e: not talking about my posting

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Captain Hygiene posted:

Imagine doing something so profoundly, famously badly that you try to acquire legal ownership of it as a concept.
e: not talking about my posting

He’d probably gently caress that up bad enough he’d end up with legal ownership of Lethoso and in copyright violation for actually owning his house when someone else accidentally got the rights.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Solice Kirsk posted:

3. :mcnally:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Come on, serious suggestions only please.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

:mcnally: is hilarious and also makes me sad.

Back in the day goons bought body armour for The Troops because the US government wouldn't. My cousin was posting then, and he got to die in Iraq a few years later.

Like why can't someone else be dead and he be doing goofy Army poo poo? Sorry if this is too much

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 01:44 on Oct 13, 2020

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

These forums are the greatest saga

edit- And holy poo poo GameQuoter appears on page 15 to give that thread an extra blessing.

Nuns with Guns has a new favorite as of 02:51 on Oct 13, 2020

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Whatever happened to :sax: anyway?

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Nuns with Guns posted:

edit- And holy poo poo GameQuoter appears on page 15 to give that thread an extra blessing.

I feel like we've been visited by an angel. :blessed:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Personally I think the forums should have an official dog. I nominate a shiba inu named "Sake".

forums official dog; edgar the borzoi

gangly, overgrown, comes across incredibly stupid, well-meaning but liable to destroy things it blunders into, posts constantly about cartoon rear end (that last one might not be true)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

gangly, overgrown, comes across incredibly stupid, well-meaning but liable to destroy things it blunders into, posts constantly about cartoon rear end (that last one might not be true)

He is a good pointy boi.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

That's a long dog.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Looooong looooooong booooooiiiiiiiii

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

it's been 4 years. about time for another "forums top dog" contest imho.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Shifty Nipples posted:

Your spooky lobster dog reminds me of some of the fun times that have happened on the forums. It's nice to see.
I remember some time in the mid 2000s, when El Pinto Grande and Fistgrrl were still around, the admin team all decided to have avatars of the Legion of Doom from the 70s cartoon Super Friends.

Themed avatars are fun.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

All I know is that from now on whenever I see a tubby white man in his late 30s, I'll be proud to yell "Stairs? STAIRS??! MANGOSTEEN!"
I lived in NYC in 2001-2002 and went to my first goon meets there. OldSenileGuy (still around, mod of TVIV) was trying to wrangle goons around the chaos of Times Square so he came up with the idea of holding his hands over his head and doing the goatse spreading motion to signal "We're going this way"

That happened.

CannonFodder has a new favorite as of 15:36 on Oct 13, 2020

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Hot Diggity! posted:

Gotta say people getting mad about the logo of the site is pretty funny.
I'm pretty sure having a grenade logo bumper sticker was the reason US customs searched my car coming back from GoonCon 2k3 which was held in Toronto.

Nuns with Guns posted:

GameQuoter was at GoonCon2k2 so I met him and holy poo poo

CannonFodder has a new favorite as of 15:45 on Oct 13, 2020

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

CannonFodder posted:

GameQuoter was at GoonCon2k2 so I met him and holy poo poo

No, that was a GameCube somebody brought.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

CPColin posted:

still pretty rad

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

CPColin posted:

In the original GoonCon2k2 video that StraightRazor made Gamequoter showed up and there was a video game sprite placed over his face to protect his anonymity. That video also had Fiwer walking down the hall to "Only The Lonely" by Roy Orbison.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Captain Hygiene posted:

I absolutely bought into that way too easily, which is why I'm leaving my donation tag up as a badge of shame. Not because I'm too lazy and forgetful to change it in my profile when I'm actually using a browser.
Same, except also the title 'buglord' is great. Also I donated because I thought it would help a forum I love, and I feel good about my intentions even if it turns out I was snookered out of $6.66

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

CannonFodder posted:

Themed avatars are fun.
I lived in NYC in 2001-2002 and went to my first goon meets there. OldSenileGuy (still around, mod of TVIV) was trying to wrangle goons around the chaos of Times Square so he came up with the idea of holding his hands over his head and doing the goatse spreading motion to signal "We're going this way"

The goatshepherd

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

CannonFodder posted:

That happened.

Those meets were ridiculous and I can't believe I convinced my parents to let ~17 year old me go.

The wrestling one was the best.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

zakharov posted:

Those meets were ridiculous and I can't believe I convinced my parents to let ~17 year old me go.

The wrestling one was the best.

There was a table with big sheets of paper for everyone to make signs and BOY HOWDY THEY MADE SIGNS and I'm sad that I missed it because I moved before then.

Also Cannibal with his toy drive for Ronald McDonald House where goons went to the Toys R Us in Times Square and bought a bunch of toys and carried them on the street up to the Ronald McDonald House in an early version of Child's Play charity.

gently caress it I'm gonna keep posting;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdCyJgfQsRo

CannonFodder has a new favorite as of 17:31 on Oct 13, 2020

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I wouldn't mind a shirt with grover's iraq prediction printed all over it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The wordfilter saga claims another victim

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I honestly had no idea the word filter was still a thing. Speaking of....

:their:

Can we get this fixed so it blends in with the forums again? I really loved that joke.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Captain Hygiene posted:

The wordfilter saga claims another victim

lol

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

CannonFodder posted:

I remember some time in the mid 2000s, when El Pinto Grande and Fistgrrl were still around, the admin team all decided to have avatars of the Legion of Doom from the 70s cartoon Super Friends.

Themed avatars are fun.
Which year did all the mods get avatars of Nice!-brand products?

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

SpiritualDeath posted:

SAclopedia says 2012

Fuschia tude on July 3, 2012 posted:

Mods and admins now have avatars of products from the Walgreens Nice! house brand.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

SpiritualDeath posted:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
We also all had avatars from that Ace Attorney game for a while, that was fun.

I forget which kind of Nice! I was but maybe pistachios.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Found Lowtax's NICE! av

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Marcade posted:

Found Lowtax's NICE! av

Simple, maybe. Honest and delicious, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Once a liar...