Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Escobarbarian posted:

Sorry homie it wasn’t very good there’s a reason the only people who like it were those who thought it was basically a silly cannibal girl soap from the beginning

Silly cannibal girl soaps own and I feel bad for anyone who can't realise that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Misty alone is worth the price of admission

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Rarity posted:

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Rarity posted:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Rarity posted:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Unfortunately it’s not the fun kind of soap it’s the boring kind of soap

e: in fact I actually misspoke before because if it was silly it would actually have entertainment value

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jun 2, 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Well fortunately y'all can stop watching it please lmao

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

tfw you kill your bestie

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

PantsBandit posted:

tfw you kill your bestie

Misty and Shauna have something to bond over :3:

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
If it actually manages to return after the strike and the s2 ratings tanking hard I’ll definitely be watching it as schlock and not a prestige puzzle box and hopefully have a lot more fun.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Yeah but I dunno if it's worth a sub to showtime

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Khanstant posted:

Well fortunately y'all can stop watching it please lmao

It’s ok for people to have different opinions to you

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Sorry homie it wasn’t very good there’s a reason the only people who like it were those who thought it was basically a silly cannibal girl soap from the beginning

Right? I really wonder where we got that idea.

Escobarbarian posted:

It’s ok for people to have different opinions to you

Ya and they can watch a show they actually like and post nice things in that show’s thread instead.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, how dare someone express criticism of a show in a thread meant for discussion of said show. You don’t have to get so defensive about it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Look who's talking lol

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I like when the hobbit does mysterious smirks :)

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

fullroundaction posted:

If it actually manages to return after the strike and the s2 ratings tanking hard I’ll definitely be watching it as schlock and not a prestige puzzle box and hopefully have a lot more fun.

it's still Showtimes biggest draw ratings wise, they'll absolutely renew it

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Khanstant posted:

Look who's talking lol

The only people I’ve reacted negatively to here are the ones who get salty over any criticism whatsoever. You can’t just think every thread should be a lovefest all the time. That isn’t conducive to discussion.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Khanstant posted:

Look who's talking lol

Looking forward to Dead Nat exploring the afterlife and finding Travis next season.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
She isn't dead, she's just the first one to wake up from the longest cold opener to a Final Destination yet.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

They're definitely implying it's some kind of alternate universe or something. They all died in the crash but their souls were intercepted by this entity that allows them a second chance at life at the cost of needing blood and drama. Something like that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Man I miss the Final Destination franchise :(

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Rarity posted:

Man I miss the Final Destination franchise :(

I have some good news for you then!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Spiteski posted:

I have some good news for you then!

Oh poo poo, that's awesome!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

They're definitely implying it's some kind of alternate universe or something. They all died in the crash but their souls were intercepted by this entity that allows them a second chance at life at the cost of needing blood and drama. Something like that.

Maybe it's just cause I'm watching From where the supernatural elements are blatantly not at all just in their heads, but for me Yellow jackets answered the supernatural elements with a resounding "no, they're sick in the head." If they show is supposed to still be toying with that element they need to crack that door open wider.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
I also thought season 2 was a big step down because it was just so much more boring for the first 1/2-2/3 of the season. The show was always trashy, which is fine, but boring isn't.

Also, the ending sacrifice scene was weird to me: why would Nat of all people join in chasing down Shauna? Everyone else more or less makes sense but her scenes prior to it were trying to get the authorities to come and telling cult girl to get out and be free. That and her young storyline at that point too. It makes sense that Nat is willing to die but she does not seem like she would be down with another killing at that point.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Khanstant posted:

I had the same thought about her job but then noticed all of my representatives are presumably getting up to much worse and doing less work than Taissa and they keep getting re-elected.
you'd be honestly surprised how many congresspeople have a dead dog in their basement

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Also probably not the worst occult ritual performed by a sitting politician in 2022.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Open Source Idiom posted:

Not quite relevant, but this conversation has made me realise that in only a few years from now shows are gonna be falling all over themselves to air Mmhm What You Say

i cant tell if this post was made with or without knowledge of the show that already very much did that song and (imo) shut every future out of using it

you cannot top The OC as far as trash using that song i am sorry you cannot

ya'll would have other prestige dramas using With Or Without You. IT'S TAKEN.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmd1qMN5Yo0

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs1mVMQvipD/?igshid=ZWQyN2ExYTkwZQ==

Juliette Lewis giving her goodbye.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Yellowjacket babies we make our dreams come true. Yellowjacket babies sorry we had to eat you

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

How the gently caress did I just catch up on 200 posts of this thread and none of them were animated gifs of Misty's dream sequence.

What the gently caress folks.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
be the change you want to see in the thread and make them bc i dont thin kthere are any

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I thought it was weird that Misty's visit to the Black Lodge was overlooked by everyone

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It felt very tonally inappropriate for this show imo, as much as I love Twin Peaks references in things

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I like how excited she is to watch all the drawings fly around her. I don’t think she’s ever that happy while awake as an adult. It’s like the Dude’s dreams in The Big Lebowski.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Yellowjacket babies we make our dreams come true. Yellowjacket babies sorry we had to eat you

Because there are mostly adults on the picture my idiot brain somehow read "40 days" as "40 years" and was like "Wow, they managed to grew up in the jungle on their own" before wondering how they made their clothes and double-checking.

Very book club moment.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

I AM GRANDO posted:

I like how excited she is to watch all the drawings fly around her.
I love the complete acceptance of the experience. Startled once or twice at the beginning, but then just 100% committed in a way that's perfectly in character for Misty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
As it turns out, young Misty had years of Improv comic training and just takes "yes, and?" a bit too far.