Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

please don't put your firearms in a mini-fridge

How else am I supposed to be sure my guns are cooler than anyone else's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Having a backup on your hand and longgun I can get if you're a "two is one and one is none" type, but that's not these psychos. Also trigger warning for that tweet I forgot (sorry) - mini fridge gun couple is the only picture that will get you mega horny (rest just normal horny for the guns)

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

RFC2324 posted:

How else am I supposed to be sure my guns are cooler than anyone else's?
Keep 'em in a walk-in freezer like everyone else?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Good photographs of people who are (to my mind) so into their self-defense / patriotism fantasies that they're psychos.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that very few of the guns belonging to Eric, 30, and his partner Morgan, 22, are California compliant. :stare:

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Good photographs of people who are (to my mind) so into their self-defense / patriotism fantasies that they're psychos.

There’s a dude in the comments saying people who own multiple guns are zero risk to others and live fulfilled lives. Someone else points out the Vegas shooter had like 40 guns and of course they shift the talking point.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
most of these photos just leave me wondering who is who in the murder/suicide combo

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

It's ok, the enforcement arm of gun laws won't do anything if Eric, 30 and a veteran, and Morgan, 22 and an Instagram model, have illegal weapons :)

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
pro-click
https://twitter.com/LifeIndiscreet/status/1530579942651600896

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Great idea, start firearms laws that 1) wont loving work because the cat is out of the bag with 400 million guns in the country, 5-10 million ARs and billions of standard capacity (30) and high capacity (30+) magazines that are out there, plus tens of millions of other variety of "assault weapons," but yeah pass those laws that the militias and right wing groups and white supremacists are SURE to follow while you disarm any other law abiding people including average citizens, and more importantly it disarms minorities and LGBTQ people (both at higher risks of being victims of crime) all while calling yourselves an ally.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

also donate to beto4texas.com you forgot that part

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Not mine, courtesy of PSP on discord

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Democrats and shitlibs screaming :decorum: , deplorables, and jokes about small penis having renecks as people get lynched by white supremacists.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Not mine, courtesy of PSP on discord

:patriot:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

These are the most boring collections ever. If you're going to fill a room with guns, at least get some weird poo poo, or some old poo poo, or better yet, weird, old poo poo.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

A.o.D. posted:

These are the most boring collections ever. If you're going to fill a room with guns, at least get some weird poo poo, or some old poo poo, or better yet, weird, old poo poo.

i saw one where the guy had a nice collection including milsurp wood pieces. like the only loving variety in the entire thread. just endless AR15s and Glocks that were Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V'd

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Proud Christian Mom posted:

i saw one where the guy had a nice collection including milsurp wood pieces. like the only loving variety in the entire thread. just endless AR15s and Glocks that were Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V'd

It's for when they can outfit a militia

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Anyways its all just thought exercises at best and blatant fundraising at worst because there is zero chance of any meaningful gun control being passed and zero chance of it surviving the federal courts. State level gun control is absolutely useless since guns just flood in from all the other states. This is before we even consider implementation issues or that any person with even the smallest hint of rationality now understands how completely useless the cops are. There might come a day when gun control passes, but it won't be a United States we recognize doing it.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Bored As gently caress posted:

Great idea, start firearms laws that 1) wont loving work because the cat is out of the bag with 400 million guns in the country, 5-10 million ARs and billions of standard capacity (30) and high capacity (30+) magazines that are out there, plus tens of millions of other variety of "assault weapons," but yeah pass those laws that the militias and right wing groups and white supremacists are SURE to follow while you disarm any other law abiding people including average citizens, and more importantly it disarms minorities and LGBTQ people (both at higher risks of being victims of crime) all while calling yourselves an ally.

That point is not super relevant if you want to reduce school shootings. You want to limit access for the 18-21 year old lone wolf shooters. New owners. The kids as soon as they flip 18, run out and buy a semi-auto rifle as their first purchase.

99.99% of the safe queen guns out there are going to continue to collect dust in some hoarders closet or safe.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

A.o.D. posted:

Yeah unless you're buying weird variants or cloning weird variants, there's no reason to have more than 4 or 5 or 6 ARs IMO

Pick 4-6:
- Shorty 11" suppressed (300 blackout optional)
- CAR-15 clone / XM177E2 clone for that Vietnam MACVSOG vibe
- M16 or M16A1 clone
- GAU-5 clone
- "Blackhawk Down" Gordon Carbine clone
- SPR M100 clone
- AR-10 .308
- Standard M16A2 clone
- USMC M16A4 clone
- Standard 16 / 14.5" AR
- Fallout New Vegas "Service Rifle" clone - standard M16 with wood furniture

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 30, 2022

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I'm a collector and gunsmith.

My collection has been "oh, that's neat. I want it"

I have weird poo poo like an early pump action that uses a falling breech block based of a civil war design; a legit Mk5 Jungle Carbine; an Iraqi SMLE. A ton of just "that's neat" type poo poo.

A bunch of pistols and various flavors of modern sporting rifles- HK93, AK, FAL, etc.

I own 4 ARs: one a cloneish of my M4; one a weirdo flipper baby in 300blk using an AR15 Prototype upper, an OEG, and bad decisions; an integrally suppressed 300 blk; and a weirdo CAR15 thing, with a 607 stock carry handle, and PRS front site. ARs are boring as gently caress. They are also Babby's first choice because they are so cheap. You can get cheap doodads. Luckily, 90+% of AR owners got one because 'comming fer ur gunz' bullshit, because they are cheap as hell now (my first AR was the cheapest entry level at the time I got it- 2k), and because everyone has one, and they never leave the case except maybe 4 of July to murder Faygo.

I'm not defending against gun control or any of that. I'm also not saying those people are like me, just chiming into the convo. Owning a bunch isn't the issue- it's the owner

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
If you remove all firearm deaths that are suicide or murder (97% of firearm deaths), you’re left with the remaining ~3% of firearm deaths, made up of a mix of accidents, justified self defense, law enforcement shootings, and undetermined circumstances.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
The gun pictures are from here - https://www.gabrielegalimberti.com/the-ameriguns/ - if anyone wants some insane text to go with the insane pictures.

quote:

During his eight years in the Army, Eric Arnsberger (30) was deployed to Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, Kosovo, Russia, Vietnam and several different countries in Africa.
If some new law made my guns illegal tomorrow, I think I’d break them down, hide them and go off somewhere else.

quote:

He’s extremely skeptical of the way the media talks about guns, mass shootings and the need to reform gun laws. “If you take a hard look at the statistics, you see that 68% of firearm deaths are suicides. Having suffered from depression myself, I can say with confidence that the fact that guns exist isn't the reason why anyone wants to kill themselves. Besides, a gun is certainly not the only way to kill yourself. The real problem in this country is depression.

quote:

The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. A place that’s full of unarmed people is a godsend for someone who wants to go in and commit a massacre,” she explains, but it's also “to show my faith in freedom and in the Second Amendment.

quote:

If the government were to ask me to turn in my guns, I’d tell them that’s illegal, that it violates the Constitution. As I priest, I believe there are no guns in Heaven. If there were, though, it would be a safe place to have them.

quote:

Shootings are a tragic way to use a tool that was never conceived for that purpose. If I could speak to the victims, I’d tell them I offer them all of my help and understanding, and that I’d be happy to teach them how to use guns, so that they could defend themselves in the future.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 18:15 on May 30, 2022

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also, just an aside, but the Uvalde shooter worked at Wendy's yet still managed to scrape together enough for a DDM v7 ($15-1600) and supposedly 1600 rounds of .223/5.56 ($7-800). Cost won't deter someone determined to earn their Wikipedia immortality.

I don't know how the shooter purchased the rifle used in this case but I thought of something earlier. Even on DDs website they have financing options available. It is worrisome that someone could purchase something to be used as a murder/suicide implement for no money down and obviously no intent to ever pay back. It's basically just getting it for free, or at least just for the background check or other minimal costs. Of course the kid could just open a credit card and maybe get enough credit for a gun anyway. And even working at Wendy's, if you're living with family that is probably just a couple months of saving up for the items above.

As much as I don't like gating things financially maybe you shouldn't be able to use credit/financing on implements of murder/suicide. I don't know.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

I think the gun club thing, paired with requiring gun clubs to meet a credentialing standard would do a shitload of good. It's still a solution though that puts all of the problem on the individual.

If gun manufacturers or vendors were liable for how their products were used you'd see, instantly, a new world of safety innovation flourish.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

El Mero Mero posted:

I think the gun club thing, paired with requiring gun clubs to meet a credentialing standard would do a shitload of good. It's still a solution though that puts all of the problem on the individual.

Anything along these lines is going to create a discriminatory system across large parts of the country. The US does not have a great history of gating things based on community status.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

There’s a dude in the comments saying people who own multiple guns are zero risk to others and live fulfilled lives. Someone else points out the Vegas shooter had like 40 guns and of course they shift the talking point.

Seriously listening to gun control counter arguments are cognitive dissonance of the highest order, some few exceptions here and there, man I do not miss that..

On the bright side, I’ve discovered you can do pretty well with a Krylon camo primer and paint spray can for 40K.

Like goddamn to save me so much time and it was like $6 a can.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Marshal Prolapse posted:

On the bright side, I’ve discovered you can do pretty well with a Krylon camo primer and paint spray can for 40K.

Oh yeah, you have to do it outside and it's hard to be precise but you can go a long way with rattlecans.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Seriously listening to gun control counter arguments are cognitive dissonance of the highest order, some few exceptions here and there, man I do not miss that..

That poor birdbath. Won't someone think of the birds that can no longer find it?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I cannot say how much I want to see McNally in one of his awful shirts with a bunch of muskets

Make it happen tia

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

This dude has no ARs and is still completely owning it.

I met micromancer once at a bonnaroo meet. Nice guy.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Midjack posted:

Oh yeah, you have to do it outside and it's hard to be precise but you can go a long way with rattlecans.

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised, but how good it came out, considering the lack of an indoor environment and as you point out precise.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

That poor birdbath. Won't someone think of the birds that can no longer find it?
:lol:

Well considering it was a paper plate, I'm sure they'll do better.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Cortana cringing just like I was lol

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I’ve got one workhorse AR, one 7.62 bolt action for hunting, one glock I shoot IDPA with or I guess I would carry if I ever did actually feel the need to use my cc, and one .22 carbine because the ammo is cheap and it’s fun to shoot. I feel weird owning even more than 2 guns but those 4 cover all the things I either like to do or could conceive needing in even the most unlikely prepped scenario.

.22 is probably the best realistic prepper gun imo because if everyone in your hood hates you so much you need an AR to fight off your neighbors you’re already gonna die soon anyway and it’s not like you can hunt small animals for food with a 5.56 green tip or 7.62 heavy loads if you want to actually eat much after.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1531377234212057088?t=gebhSk9oeAm81Mh1BYY5yw&s=19

I don't understand how baseball announcers haven't gotten the memo that IT'S CASTELLANOS AT BAT, SHUT UP

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 22:38 on May 30, 2022

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

.22 is probably the best realistic prepper gun imo because if everyone in your hood hates you so much you need an AR to fight off your neighbors you’re already gonna die soon anyway and it’s not like you can hunt small animals for food with a 5.56 green tip or 7.62 heavy loads if you want to actually eat much after.

I've always kind of felt that if someone specifically wants you six feet under and you're not rich enough to afford a security detail and a home with large cleared yards there's not much you can do about it.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Is it bad that I know several people in that thread?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Time Crisis Actor posted:

Is it bad that I know several people in that thread?

So what strip club did that guy find his wife at when he was a PFC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

With that age difference I think you should replace "strip club" with "high school"