Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

eatenmyeyes posted:

Prior to the old man shooting, the life and death decisions were in the hands of dangerous criminals. Even with limited information, I trust myself with those decisions over a robber with better information. Unfortunately, in this case the reins were handed off to a crazy old man.

The problem is nobody thinks they're the crazy old man, everyone thinks they're the responsible one that would get it right even if they really are the crazy old man.

EDIT: VVV That too, but I'm talking more the problem at the point in time when the decision is being made.

A Fancy 400 lbs fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Dec 17, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
I think the even bigger problem are the people who see him not as a crazy old man who went well beyond a reasonable response but rather a brave citizen who used appropriate force in self-defense.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

Walter posted:

So far today I've seen two reposts of the Morgan Freeman thing from people who I would expect better of.

I made a thing.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.
I think if you're talking about Dr Phil, you're required to put quotes around the title. "Dr" Phil.

Have a friend flipping out on Facebook because the eulogy Obama gave for the CT victims was broadcast as a 'special report'. Lightly paraphrased highlights include "It can't be a special report because they scheduled it ahead of time, and you can only call it a special report if it's an emergency happening during the broadcast", and "Obama owns all the networks which is why he's on every channel and gave the order to cut in to my Wipeout time". Jesus.

Flashing Twelve
Mar 20, 2007

I've started receiving conspiracy theory spam in my inbox, it's pretty cyberpunk

quote:

Subj: Newtown, Connecticut is the second Dunblane Primary-School Massacre

The primary-school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, approximately 45 miles from the Colt Arms Factory, is just another one in the long line of government psyops designed to persuade the public to allow the government to take away their guns, and their means to defend themselves against the government and the banksters that the politicians really serve.

The small children murders are designed to create hysterical emotions in women to get them to demand that guns are banned. If that doesn’t work they will continue with their evil agenda with worse and worse atrocities on younger children, until they get their way and disarm the people, so that they cannot fight back against government tyranny.

Newtown is the U.S.A.’s Dunblane, which was orchestrated in Scotland in 1996 by the British establishment, to whip up hysteria in order to ban all handguns from the U.K. It was a follow-up to the Hungerford Massacre in England in 1987, which was carried out by mind-controlled Michael Ryan, who then shot himself so he could not be questioned, and it was used to ban semi-automatic rifles and shotguns.

It’s always the same people behind it – the gun-grabbers who want the people to be defenceless against the gun-grabbers’ employers – the banksters who own all of the politicians. They get their politicians to pass legislation for them, in order to remove the people’s freedoms and means of defending themselves, and enslave them in a draconian police-state, under a mountain of debt, and then exterminate the useless-eaters.

The Dunblane massacre was supposedly carried out by Thomas Hamilton, who was a paedophile and procurer of children, for a high level paedophile ring involving senior members of the Tony Blair Labour-Party shadow-cabinet and others. The massacre served two purposes, it achieved their desired handgun-ban and killed the abused children, so they could not be witnesses against the elite-paedophiles. They then had the findings of the inquiry sealed for 100 years, which is proof of the above.

Like Newtown there were two shooters, Hamilton and a hit-man who shot Hamilton and made it look like Hamilton committed suicide after shooting 16 children, so that he couldn’t be questioned. Hamilton was found in the school gymnasium slumped against a wall and still gurgling, when an off-duty policeman PC Grant McCutcheon entered the gym and saw two semi-automatic pistols, one on either side of Hamilton’s body.

The autopsy revealed that Hamilton was killed with a .38 revolver. These people always slip-up with their crimes. There was no .38 revolver for him to have shot himself with. Thus, there was a second shooter who killed Hamilton.

Similarly, the first reports from Newtown were of two shooters, just like mind-controlled James Holmes in the Denver Batman Cinema massacre, the story then quickly changes to just one.

Columbine was similar, in that a team of shooters in black outfits were seen there and the two accused were on mind-altering prescription-drugs.

Wake up and see the pattern and their modus operandi and don’t fall for it. Never let them take your guns, except from your cold dead hands.

All of these are staged events to whip-up hysterical public support for banning the people from having guns. It works the same in every country – Hungerford in England, Dunblane in Scotland, Port Arthur in Australia and the list in America is endless, because of the Second Amendment and the people having a pro-gun culture. That makes it much more difficult to break the Americans’ love of guns and the Second Amendment, which was put in place to protect the people from the government.

Gun bans work well for tyrants. They worked well for Hitler, Stalin and Chairman Mao, to name just three.

If you want to stop these massacres, wake-up and get rid of the banksters, their puppet-politicians and all gun-grabbers; arm teachers and ban gun-free zones.

From one who can see the pattern and hopes to enable you to see it too.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Flashing Twelve posted:

I've started receiving conspiracy theory spam in my inbox, it's pretty cyberpunk

Cyberpunk? Sounds more like they'd want to restore the sandworm habitat. Who controls the spice controls the universe!

JakBauer
Nov 13, 2003

BAH BAH BAH
http://www.saveamericafoundation.co...a+Foundation%29

Another one from the conspiracy nuts about Obama is forming his own Hitler Youth as a part of FEMA. I've also seen a FB post or two questioning if the Sandy Hook shooting even actually happened.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
How on earth do you go about getting an @dune.com email address?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Leospeare posted:

I think if you're talking about Dr Phil, you're required to put quotes around the title. "Dr" Phil.

Have a friend flipping out on Facebook because the eulogy Obama gave for the CT victims was broadcast as a 'special report'. Lightly paraphrased highlights include "It can't be a special report because they scheduled it ahead of time, and you can only call it a special report if it's an emergency happening during the broadcast", and "Obama owns all the networks which is why he's on every channel and gave the order to cut in to my Wipeout time". Jesus.

Dr. Phil has a PhD in psychology and can therefore legitimately call himself Dr. Phil. What he's chosen to do with it may not be the greatest thing, but he has legitimate credentials.

As for the Obama, thing, it could be a lot worse: http://mashable.com/2012/12/17/sunday-night-football-newtown/

Guns! Fitbaw! Racism! :911:

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
My favorite is the guy who is mixing up his racism with his Islamophobia.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Personally I liked 'you're making the families hurt more'. Yea, the people only a couple of days after the death of their young children were totally recovered and moving on before this rear end in a top hat expressed sympathy and compassion to them.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
There were people mad about Obama making his speech during when Justin Bieber was going to be on Ellen. :smith:

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum

Flashing Twelve posted:

Got this one too in my company email. Google came up with someone on ar15.com getting the same email and even they think this email is loving nuts.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

seiferguy posted:

So a friend of mine on FB liked this post:

(this guy's FB is public, so no bothering blacking out his name)

I... uh... :smithicide:

edit: I think the worst part of it isn't the message itself, but the amount of people that like the post.
The very basic, fundamental thing is, there WERE shootings in the past. Neither corporal punishment nor government-mandated prayer particularly helped, and the big thing that's changed is the way the news instantly puts these things in front of our faces.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Flashing Twelve posted:

If they can control minds why do they need these false flag operations?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

If they can control minds why do they need these false flag operations?

Mind control isn't like having an RC controller for a persons thoughts or actions. You have to push them in the right direction with all kinds of stimuli (false flag operations, McDonalds commercials, chem trails) and let the fluoride work its magic.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I really don't get this "defend against the government and against banksters" business. I thought the fallout of the Waco siege proved conclusively that your guns aren't going to protect you from tyranny (or any kind of serious military/police organization), and as for banksters, what, are they planning to shoot the people foreclosing their homes?

Content slightly related to that whole "beating up the mentally ill business": there's a term in Hebrew that roughly translates into "slap kids", annoying kids you want to slap because they ask work-creating questions ("is that going to be on the test? Are we supposed to hand in the homework now?") etc. She was basically saying that "slap kids" never grow out of it. Being that I used to be that kid (and I struggle hard to make sure I'm not these days, but it's difficult), I took offense to it. She personally apologized, but one of her friends started lashing out at me for taking offense, saying that she was schoolteacher during her military service (there is a branch of the service where you get to teach in school. Schools love it because it's cheaper than hiring another teacher. But I digress), and she has mental health training, so she is qualified to say that some people are just annoying and need to be slapped. :bang:

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm really starting to hate Facebook and the people on it. Everyone thinks they have nuggets of wisdom when they are repeating the same poo poo over and over, posting the same memes, and barfing out the talking points. Nobody has an original thought anymore and it it really showing since Friday. Holy poo poo.
"~*Share this if you agree, if not delete it and move on*~"
gently caress!

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account
More Facebook fun

quote:

I'm sorry but blaming Adam Levine's horrendous actions on autism or auspergers is ludicrous! How about a lack of God or Christian values? I would like to see statistics on how many suicidal maniacs were brought up in active Christian households. And our government takes God out of our country & schools and we wonder why there are so many lunatics killing people all over our country. :(((( Smh

Someone replied with "Agreed, Maroon 5 is another national tragedy"

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Aeka 2.0 posted:

I'm really starting to hate Facebook and the people on it. Everyone thinks they have nuggets of wisdom when they are repeating the same poo poo over and over, posting the same memes, and barfing out the talking points. Nobody has an original thought anymore and it it really showing since Friday. Holy poo poo.
"~*Share this if you agree, if not delete it and move on*~"
gently caress!

I think you can replace Facebook in that sentence with "places people congregate online." Reddit has this problem, Digg had it, Slashdot had it, MySpace had it, people just loving suck.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
I posted this in the picture thread earlier:

And look how it backfired on me.

How come people suddenly get smart only when I post stuff? This is not fair.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

clockworx posted:

More Facebook fun

Someone replied with "Agreed, Maroon 5 is another national tragedy"

Timothy McVeigh was raised Roman Catholic, a strong supporter of 2nd Amendment rights, and voted Libertarian while being a registered Republican. He committed the largest terrorist attack on U.S. soil pre-9/11, killing 168 people and injuring over 800 more.

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

Mo_Steel posted:

Timothy McVeigh was raised Roman Catholic, a strong supporter of 2nd Amendment rights, and voted Libertarian while being a registered Republican. He committed the largest terrorist attack on U.S. soil pre-9/11, killing 168 people and injuring over 800 more.

Given that most school shootings are suburban white kids, I'm sure a decent share of them are raised Christian. However, she did specify "Active Christian" households (who, as we all know, live right next door to the "True Scotsman" household.)

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Mooseontheloose posted:

This is a rare meme that appeals to both the far right and far left as I have seen more leftist people post this on FB too. I almost flipped my poo poo on the person but thought better of it.

I feel like it's obvious that Obama wasn't faking those tears. However, if he's really so hugely opposed to dead kids he's got some policies to reverse. Unless, ofcourse, he's only opposed to dead American kids.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

h_double posted:

I made a thing.

He has said so many things!! Not since Ben Stein and Albert Einbenstein has their been such a remarkable and quotable man!

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

Liked by someone who should probably know better. God this stuff is getting annoying. I'd offer a response but it'd just spark the same old arguments, and not with her, either. It's all of her random friends that tend to be the most annoying. She herself can be receptive, but every time I start a conversation I get drowned out in everyone else's right-wing responses.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

AlliedBiscuit posted:

Liked by someone who should probably know better. God this stuff is getting annoying. I'd offer a response but it'd just spark the same old arguments, and not with her, either. It's all of her random friends that tend to be the most annoying. She herself can be receptive, but every time I start a conversation I get drowned out in everyone else's right-wing responses.

Saw this, just responded with :

quote:

after McVeigh the government put in a lot of restrictions on purchasing the ingredients needed to make that type of bomb as well as instituting measures by which the companies that distribute the ingredients track and report on purchases. They also worked with Honeywell to develop fertilizer that wasn't as explosive

"In the years since the bombing, scientists, security experts, and the ATF have called on Congress to develop legislation that would require customers to produce identification when purchasing ammonium nitrate fertilizer, and for sellers to maintain records of its sale. ... In June 1995, Congress enacted legislation requiring chemical taggants to be incorporated into dynamite and other explosives so that a bomb could be traced to its manufacturer. In 2008, Honeywell announced that it had developed a nitrogen-based fertilizer that would not detonate when mixed with fuel oil. The company got assistance from the Department of Homeland Security to develop the fertilizer (Sulf-N 26) for commercial use. It uses ammonium sulfate to make the fertilizer less explosive."
The wiki excerpt cribbed from someone in the Idiots on Facebook thread.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

AlliedBiscuit posted:

Several states have legal restrictions on fertilizer purchases, though, and the department of homeland security has recommended federal regulations in the past.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Saw this, just responded with :

The wiki excerpt cribbed from someone in the Idiots on Facebook thread.

Thanks. That's a good summation. I just want her to at least see that the thing is inaccurate, not necessarily change her mind on gun control. So facts like that are nice. I just want people to think harder before that poo poo gets shared.

Edit: And here come the terrible responses:

"some people live off the land still, and I don't think their right to eat naturally should be affected or even considered...not everyone wants to eat what you buy at the store that is full of preservatives...GMO poisons, and wood pulp...in the last 100 years millions of people have been slaughtered by their own governments once gun control policies were put into place....Soviet Union under Stahlin, Germany under Hitler...and I believe china or japan had a bunch of people slaughtered as well...not a good idea"

AlliedBiscuit fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Dec 18, 2012

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

AlliedBiscuit posted:

Yeah, that's annoying. My friend posted this Reagen meme

quote:

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.

And as I was making fun of him, some guy came in and...

quote:

Yeah, Charlie, we blame the bastard that killed 20 6-7 yr olds and 6 teachers trying to help along with his own mother. Now if his own mother didn't see this coming, because I would assume she wouldn't have left loaded firearms unlocked, what was society supposed to do? Do I think that there are times in our history the people around these kids could have done more? Yes, but it doesn't change the fact that they deserve a special place in hell for what they have done. Take off your America hating glasses and think for yourself, instead of regurgitating what the media tells you. Have a good one.

When I pointed out that people don't grow up in a vacuum, the stigma for getting mental help, the fact that the mother didn't have her guns properly locked up and society's failure to let somebody who didn't know proper gun etiquette buy a gun of that caliber...

quote:

Yet, you can push everything off on society and not place any blame on the individual? Quit being a hypocrit. Apparently, you missed my part where I said I do feel in some incidents the people surrounding these people failed. I'm not surprised you failed to mention it because it would show that I'm not pumping an agenda but forming an opinion based on ideals I believe in. I don't have a mental issue but the people I know who do have gotten help either from urging of their family or friends, so I can honestly say I have no idea what stigma you are referring to. While I agree on the parents not using proper weapons storing etiquette in my opinion, I also feel it is well within people's rights to decide how they want to store their firearms. I'm not even going to touch the caliber argument because I feel it adds nothing to this conversation.

At which point, I just told him to gently caress off.

Who knew me making fun of my stupid friend is pumping an agenda?

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Dec 18, 2012

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

AlliedBiscuit posted:

Thanks. That's a good summation. I just want her to at least see that the thing is inaccurate, not necessarily change her mind on gun control. So facts like that are nice. I just want people to think harder before that poo poo gets shared.

"some people live off the land still, and I don't think their right to eat naturally should be affected or even considered...not everyone wants to eat what you buy at the store that is full of preservatives...GMO poisons, and wood pulp...in the last 100 years millions of people have been slaughtered by their own governments once gun control policies were put into place....Soviet Union under Stahlin, Germany under Hitler...and I believe china or japan had a bunch of people slaughtered as well...not a good idea"

"Correlation does not equal causation. There are a lot of modern societies where gun control is correlated with increased safety rather than tyrannical governments. If you actually believe that guns in the hands of the public is the only thing standing between the United States government and Nazi Germany then I've got a bridge to sell you."

E: also, Nazi Germany actually loosened gun laws: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Germany#The_1938_German_Weapons_Act

vyelkin fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 18, 2012

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Tom Selkis' (Latham Ford) Facebook..........
True story yesterday at the dealership.....

"I'll try to make this as short and to the point as I can. One of my salesmen here had a woman in his office yesterday wanting to lease a brand new Focus. As he was reviewing her credit app with her he noticed she was on social security disability. He said to her you don't look like you're disabled and unable to work. She said "well I'm really not, I could work if I wanted to but I make more now then I did when I was working and got hurt" (non-disabling injury). She said the gov't sends her $1500.00 a month in 1 check; she gets $700.00 a month on an EBTcard (food stamps), and $800.00 a month for rent. Oh yeah and 250 mins free on her phone. That is just south of $3500.00 a month. When she was working she was taking home about $330.00 per week. Do the math and then ask yourself: "why the hell should she go back to work?" If you multiply that by millions of people you start to realize the scope of the problem we face as a country. Once the socialists have 51% of the population in that same scenerio we are finished........ and we are real, real close. The question is: when do we cross that threshold if we haven't already?

She didn't lease the Focus here because the dealer down the road beat our deal by $10.00month. Glad to know she is so frugal with her hard earned money!

-------------------

The basic numbers don't add up right when I tested them with the basic Social Security calculator. Either there are some crucial missing details from the story or it's totally BS from start to finish.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

AlliedBiscuit posted:

Many countries with strict gun control laws still allow exceptions for hunters, they just need to reapply every so often and there are strict regulations on the storage of both the gun and ammunition (e.g. gun safe). You also can't just have an arsenal in your basement but that shouldn't be a huge problem for people who just want to hunt. Most gun control advocates in the US aren't arguing for a complete ban on guns, just stronger regulation and oversight. I am sure that exceptions for hunters can be included considering that other countries with strong gun control laws do as well!

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Found this gem on my Facebook wall recently.

"Yup. Time to ban us some spoons. Next week, forks. Baaahh Baaahh Baaahh Sheeple."

Unironic sheeple.

Also, constant links to websites like https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com and a flurry of posts about how knives are in fact deadlier than guns and people will just resort to chemical weapons if they don't have access to a gun.

Why do engineers always have the worst opinions on thing?

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

MY POSTS ARE REAL RETARDED, SIR

Dirty Job posted:

Why do engineers always have the worst opinions on thing?

What does your post have to do with engineers?

ThePeteEffect
Jun 12, 2007

I'm just crackers about cheese!
Fun Shoe

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

"I'll try to make this as short and to the point as I can. One of my salesmen here had a woman in his office yesterday wanting to lease a brand new Focus. As he was reviewing her credit app with her he noticed she was on social security disability. He said to her you don't look like you're disabled and unable to work. She said "well I'm really not, I could work if I wanted to but I make more now then I did when I was working and got hurt" (non-disabling injury). She said the gov't sends her $1500.00 a month in 1 check; she gets $700.00 a month on an EBTcard (food stamps), and $800.00 a month for rent. Oh yeah and 250 mins free on her phone. That is just south of $3500.00 a month. When she was working she was taking home about $330.00 per week. Do the math and then ask yourself: "why the hell should she go back to work?" If you multiply that by millions of people you start to realize the scope of the problem we face as a country. Once the socialists have 51% of the population in that same scenerio we are finished........ and we are real, real close. The question is: when do we cross that threshold if we haven't already?

She didn't lease the Focus here because the dealer down the road beat our deal by $10.00month. Glad to know she is so frugal with her hard earned money!

-------------------

The basic numbers don't add up right when I tested them with the basic Social Security calculator. Either there are some crucial missing details from the story or it's totally BS from start to finish.

My guess is that it's shitthatneverhappened.txt, but I'll humor the argument.

Many people on assistance work. Maybe if those jobs actually paid employees a living wage for the value they bring their business, there would be more motivation and attraction for people to do them and then a lot less pressure on the safety net while companies make off with millions.

Glad to hear that they support a significantly raised minimum wage. :v:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Job Truniht posted:

What does your post have to do with engineers?

Presumably, since it's his Facebook friend, he knows the guy is an engineer.

Also, tell that guy he should go find an assault spoon in his drawer and gently caress himself with it.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

"I'll try to make this as short and to the point as I can. One of my salesmen here had a woman in his office yesterday wanting to lease a brand new Focus. As he was reviewing her credit app with her he noticed she was on social security disability. He said to her you don't look like you're disabled and unable to work. She said "well I'm really not, I could work if I wanted to but I make more now then I did when I was working and got hurt" (non-disabling injury). She said the gov't sends her $1500.00 a month in 1 check;

I can't speak with certainty but I'd be pretty surprised if SSDI status shows up on a credit report, maybe someone with more knowledge can elaborate on that point a bit. That said, SSDI is paid out based on the your average earned income prior to being disabled. I ran a few numbers through their calculator based on my own birth-year of 1986 to see what it would take to get $1500.00 a month for SSDI: earning an average of $33,000 annually every year from age 16 until today is what it would take. She gets a little more than half her old pay in SSDI benefits, that's definitely not more than when she was working and got hurt.

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/retire2/AnypiaApplet.html

quote:

she gets $700.00 a month on an EBTcard (food stamps)

Possible, but SSDI factors into net income so in order for her to receive $700.00 a month she would have to have 8 people living in her household that don't earn any income themselves.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/applicant_recipients/fs_Res_Ben_Elig.htm

quote:

and $800.00 a month for rent.

Assuming they are paying for a place to house 8 people, this is probably possible given the low single earnings she is making to support 8 people.

quote:

Oh yeah and 250 mins free on her phone.

:shepface: Good god no!

quote:

That is just south of $3500.00 a month. When she was working she was taking home about $330.00 per week.

Not according to what the SSA says it pays out she wasn't, better call their fraud prevention helpline because apparently she somehow convinced the SSA she was earning more than twice what she actually was earning prior to being disabled and also wasn't actually disabled and somehow managed to sneak all that past multiple trained agents. Maybe she bribed them with her sweet cell phone minutes plan.

quote:

Do the math and then ask yourself: "why the hell should she go back to work?"

Because living a subsidized borderline poverty existence your entire life isn't something most people ascribe to? $18,000 a year in net income from SSDI isn't exactly living the loving high life even if you don't have to pay for all your rent or all your food.

Inclined to agree that the story is probably just bullshit, as is par for the course.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Aside from Morgan Freeman, I have seen this one all over my stream

twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38
when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate.
their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air.
they could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.
they were filled with such joy, they didn't know what to say.
they remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day.
"where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse.
"this is heaven." declared a small boy. "we're spending Christmas at God's house."
when what to their wondering eyes did appear,
but Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near.
He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same.
then He opened His arms and He called them by name.
and in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring
those children all flew into the arms of their King
and as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace,
one small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face.
and as if He could read all the questions she had
He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad."
then He looked down on earth, the world far below
He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe
then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand,
"Let My power and presence re-enter this land!"
"may this country be delivered from the hands of fools"
"I'm taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools!"
then He and the children stood up without a sound.
"come now my children, let me show you around."
excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran.
all displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can.
and i heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight,
"in the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT."

Written by Cameo Smith, Mt. Wolf, PA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
All these messages about how this wouldn't have happened if God was let into the schools makes God look either very weak or like a tremendous rear end in a top hat.