Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

FezCactus posted:

Holy crap I've been blessed by the avatar fairy. Thank you :D

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...
Paz is photogenic as gently caress.

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature

Broken Knees Club posted:

Paz is photogenic as gently caress.

You avatar is amazing and I just want to congratulate Tom on the composition of this panel and whoever realised it'd make a great avatar.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Also Paz looks pretty cat-like in the first panel, which reminds me there aren't many cats in the comic at all. I guess Tom is more of a dog person? (well obviously)

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
There's a Kat. I haven't seen any Doug, though.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
Awwww yeah! All gunner-tars on this page so far!

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Blackheart posted:

Also Paz looks pretty cat-like in the first panel, which reminds me there aren't many cats in the comic at all. I guess Tom is more of a dog person? (well obviously)

I knew there was a reason I liked Mr Sidell

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...
I just noticed that Surma's maiden name was Stibnite :v:

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Surma's name couldn't be much closer to Antimony Antimony if it tried.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

maswastaken posted:

That's probably why she chose Anthony over Jimmy Jims.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

maswastaken posted:

maswastaken posted:

The Red Queen posted:

Awwww yeah! All gunner-tars on this page so far!

<:mad:>
At any rate, I prefer to assume that Annie already knows and doesn't think it's a big deal, since being a medium would imply she'd be good at sensing subtleties and subtext in interactions.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Which is probably one of the reasons the headmaster turned her down for the role.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

After my computer broke down I got so far behind that catching up felt daunting. Well! I finally did it, and how stupid of me to wait so long!

~bump~
So cute!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

That hip check was the best thing. :3: Tom really does hit teenagers and school life on the head with the slice-of-life sections.

And now we get to see Annie confront Ysengrin. And we know Coyote will be spinning his tale. That hip check may have been the final rest stop for 100 miles.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I'm likin' the new digs, Parls.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

God drat, Monday can't come fast enough, :f5:.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I'm likin' the new digs, Parls.

Looks like she's gotten Eggers' uniform grade.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Coming Monday: an extremely confused Ysengrin. Unless Annie isn't direct about things, which would be way out of character.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, I'm super excited to see what happens now. Well obviously Ysengrin isn't gonna remember, and will probably greet her as if nothing happened. Or maybe Coyote is very selective in -which- particular memories he removes? Will Annie be brave enough to just ask, or will she get confused/intimidated by Ysengrin not even mentioning it and just keep silent for now? There's a lot of ways in which this could go down.

vvv when in doubt, blame Coyote. A sound approach. vvv

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Aug 16, 2013

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.
I'm hoping that Annie has a suspicion already about what's going on. She has complained in the past about Coyote's treatment of Ysengrin. It's not much of a leap to think that out-of-character behaviour could be influenced by a trickster god.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

TenKindsOfCrazy posted:

I'm hoping that Annie has a suspicion already about what's going on. She has complained in the past about Coyote's treatment of Ysengrin. It's not much of a leap to think that out-of-character behaviour could be influenced by a trickster god.

She should be more than suspicious after this.

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.

seravid posted:

She should be more than suspicious after this.

True! I had forgotten how spot-on that conversation had been.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Maybe Ysengrin will get angry at her for daring to accuse him of doing such a terrible thing, and then he'll attack her again. Then Coyote can remove more of his memory and the cycle can continue forever.

a bloody icon
Apr 22, 2012

TenKindsOfCrazy posted:

True! I had forgotten how spot-on that conversation had been.

I just spent like ten minutes rereading The Stone because The Stone was the best chapter.

Dogdoo 8
Sep 22, 2011

a bloody icon posted:

I just spent like ten minutes rereading The Stone because The Stone was the best chapter.

I'd argue with this, but I can't pick a chapter. I usually prefer the lighter ones except when I don't.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Divine is the best chapter :colbert:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

No chapter can be best that lacks Dr. Disaster.

Annie is at least aware of the possibility that Coyote is the real threat here, so that's good.

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.
Liars, all of you. Parley and Smitty Are In This One was the best chapter. It was just so :unsmith: .
That, and Residential.

SHISHKABOB posted:

Divine is the best chapter :colbert:

Actually that one was fantastic as well. I've always got time for Zimmy Zims.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...
Every chapter is the best chapter.

Dogdoo 8
Sep 22, 2011
I'm not sure if Annie would be a good poker player or a terrible poker player.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Dogdoo 8 posted:

I'm not sure if Annie would be a good poker player or a terrible poker player.

She can poke into the ether to look at your cards, but her tell is unconsciously setting her hair on fire, so it's kind of a wash.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Broken Knees Club posted:

Every chapter is the best chapter.

There are certainly no chapters I dislike. I'm kinda fond of Microsat 5, though. I super dig the way it brings back the narration from the early chapters to signify that Annie's emotionally withdrawing, and then how that fades as Donald gets her to open up a bit.

Or maybe I like Red Gets a Name for all the Ether art and Forest-culture shenanigans. Or maybe Spring-Heeled Part 2 for the excellent Zimmytown sequence. Or maybe Faraway Morning for being pretty lighthearted and fun but packed with character development. Or maybe The Great Secret for being full of really excellent art.

Okay, I get your point.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Red gets a name (and red returns) are my favorite among the lighter chapters. It's weird because I don't usually like characters that are similar to Red in other media, but red is just that loveable.

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:
The best chapter is the current one, until the next chapter is posted in which case that will be the best one, and so on down the line.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

BobTheJanitor posted:

She can poke into the ether to look at your cards, but her tell is unconsciously setting her hair on fire, so it's kind of a wash.

Her skill is irrelevant since Smitty would make Parley get a royal flush every hand.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
The best way to make a few bucks at the Court is to play some poker with Boxbot.

But no one ever would.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Quicksilver was the best chapter :colbert:

FezCactus
Jun 2, 2013

Butt dance, butt dance
My favorite chapter is Parley and Smith are in this one. So many great moments.

Followed by Catalyst. That was a sweet and hilarious chapter. It really was a nice breather from the more serious recent events. Also Paz was so adorable it made that chapter at the end.

FezCactus fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Aug 17, 2013

Rasselas
Oct 26, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT FUCKIN' TRANNIES HARASSING GLORIOUS UNIMPEACHABLE WEBCOMIC ARTIST TOM SIDDELL WITH THEIR FALSE CLAIMS TO VICTIMHOOD, THE CODDLED FUCKS! STIFF UPPER LIP! I'M A TREMENDOUS JACKASS WHO CAN'T FATHOM ANYTHING OUTSIDE MY BUBBLE! TUMBLRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Fecha posted:

The best way to make a few bucks at the Court is to play some poker with Boxbot.

But no one ever would.

Because Boxbot doesn't have a few bucks. Just a few loose screws, hey, where'd these come from? Oops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leonard Hatred
Dec 27, 2004
It's like a great big tide of jam. But jam made out of... old women.
Red Gets a Name has the Best Page so it is by default the best chapter. Also, if you've got a friend who really needs convincing that the art gets amazingly better, it's a great chapter to show them since it doesn't really spoil anything.