Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I tolerate Future for the beats he gets and a rapper emulating that is whack. It puts a poo poo tint on GOOD music and Pusher T. Kanye's album release and all that TiDAL DLC poo poo was ill managed. These guys are breaking my heart.

I start my Apple Music trial July 1 and I'll let you suckers know. I use iTunes as my primary music player and I'm deep in the Apple ecosystem so I figure it's a no brainer. I enjoyed Spotify but didn't use it enough cause that was the era not too long ago when mixtapes were loving FREE.

The only thing that I'm worried about is that I can't cast apple music to poo poo like chromecast or ps4 which spotify does.

Housh fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jun 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Maxo Kream is dropping his "The Persona Tape" mixtape in two days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cus2UvzlvU

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
This Vic Mensa track has the most random lineup of features https://soundcloud.com/vicsavemoney/free-love-ft-le1f-halsey-lil-b-malik-yusef

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah it's kinda crazy to me how people poo poo on Drake for not writing his own stuff but Desiigner gets a pass for literally copying Futures whole style.

the parts where he tries to hit the raspy voice Future does sometimes makes it sound like he's about to throw up his vocal chords

the second or third song or whatever I also thought king louie came on but it was just him biting Louie's vocal style too

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Kenshin posted:

Can I use Apple Music without installing iTunes?

Because that is a deal-breaker.

Maybe if you do it all on your phone but i doubt it

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Ok some facts about tidal

Right now you can search around and get a two month free trial without putting in a CC.

Tidal is 10$ a month. $5 if you are a student.

Apple Music has no good exclusives. Tidal has The Dream, Prince, Neil Young and Desiigner

There is a desktop app for Tidal.

Apple's Radio 1 is free and requires no Apple Music account.

The only poorly designed part of the mobile tidal app is that it pauses any currently playing media when started, before you choose to actually start playing something off of it. The audiomack app has the same problem.

That is all

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
holy poo poo i know this is the rap thread but did tidal really get neil young ??? sold

PS. thanks for posting all that though atrus. sounds like tidal is growing into a real competitor!

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jun 27, 2016

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm going to try both Tidal and Apple Music this summer but if Tidal gets chromecast support ... sold

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
desiigner and the dream?! holy mother of fucks, this is some epic win, and it gives me the chance to further support my favorite rapper, Shawn Carter.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

I AM BRAWW posted:

Maxo Kream is dropping his "The Persona Tape" mixtape in two days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cus2UvzlvU

Maxo kream owns

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

when I heard that beat I got worried this was gonna be the most corny #woke poo poo since Macklemore but it ends up being pretty loving good all things considered. also what the heck that Halsey verse is great

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Man, Hov has been putting forth way more respectable efforts lately.

http://www.complex.com/music/2016/06/dj-khaled-new-video-i-got-the-keys-feat-jay-z-future

Really wish Pusha was on this beat tho because holy poo poo.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

I thank god every day that guwop is free

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
2010 will never end

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Great read about Yung Lean:
http://www.thefader.com/2016/06/16/yung-lean-warlord-interview
He was in a mental hospital :o

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

rear end Catchcum posted:

malibu is way too woke for me.

this is from a couple pages ago but what the gently caress does this even mean

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

I thank god every day that guwop is free

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
kevin gates got me feelin like shootin dog food in my dick

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

ol dog dick kevin

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Dexo posted:

Man, Hov has been putting forth way more respectable efforts lately.

http://www.complex.com/music/2016/06/dj-khaled-new-video-i-got-the-keys-feat-jay-z-future

Really wish Pusha was on this beat tho because holy poo poo.

MAJOR KEY ALERT.

Future and the hook are loving TERRIBLE on this track (but I agree, Pusha would have murdered this beat).

Lemonade must have put Jay on his game because drat he's been on fire. If he spits this type of ish on his response album it's going to be amazing.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
unpopular opinion: future fell off way hard after ds2 (exception - perky's callin)

aint no classic album bih

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
that isn't unpopular, it's actually pretty common

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

thathonkey posted:

unpopular opinion: future fell off way hard after ds2 (exception - perky's callin)

aint no classic album bih

Hot take: no rappers in this era are capable of a classic. Possible exception: Habits & Contradictions. That is also a part of my thesis that ScHoolboy Q is the best artist on TDE by a wide margin and Kendrick gets way too much attention.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Better opinion
https://twitter.com/noz/status/747205446633566208
:colbert:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i'm guessing since that is from 2016 he isnt referring to monster->beast mode->56 nights which is the only way that opinion could possibly make sense

PS. habits and contradictions IS a classic in my mind. Q is great. TDE fuckin up management as usual not promoting him more

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
blank face is gonna be tit, calling it

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Eh. Good Kid Maad City is a classic.

And define capable?

I think Drake is capable of a dope classic album. He has flashes of actually being worthy of the level he puts himself at, But He seems content just releasing a boring samey un-cohesive set of songs.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Dexo posted:

no arguments there

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Dexo posted:

And define capable?

I think Drake is capable of a dope classic album. He has flashes of actually being worthy of the level he puts himself at, But He seems content just releasing a boring samey un-cohesive set of songs.

Lol no it's not. How much are you going back and listening to GKMC? And when are you listening to it and not thinking of 2012/2013. H&C is timeless. Q hosed up with OxyMoron. It lacked whatever that "It" factor that exists and its glaring because you look at H&C. Nightmare on Figg St? That's a loving jam. And it was never a single. I just pull that song out as an example. Only song I don't like? Blessed. Like I said: gently caress Kdot.

I also think Gucci is Top 5, GOAT rapper. Provable at analysis.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Also Raymond 1969 blatantly samples Portishead and that's eons ahead of anything GKMC

also Noz is DAF to d-ride Future when he's admitted Thug is a better artist.

Also Chronic reference is prolly accurate because I fall asleep to that album, just like Future's poo poo.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Boywhiz88 posted:

Lol no it's not. How much are you going back and listening to GKMC? And when are you listening to it and not thinking of 2012/2013. H&C is timeless. Q hosed up with OxyMoron. It lacked whatever that "It" factor that exists and its glaring because you look at H&C. Nightmare on Figg St? That's a loving jam. And it was never a single. I just pull that song out as an example. Only song I don't like? Blessed. Like I said: gently caress Kdot.

I also think Gucci is Top 5, GOAT rapper. Provable at analysis.

Often. drat near that entire album is in my normal rotation shuffle playlist. I run that album through front to back probably on average 2 times month(Also do the same with TPaB besides mortal man but not trying to start that argument here).

Gucci is probably top 10 for me, but isn't in my personal top 5.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V0TYIO6yv4

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Boywhiz88 posted:

"I listen to this album but not that album" isn't really any way to declare something "classic" or not. I haven't listened to the chronic in probably 10 years but I'm not denying it's a classic. And based on their reception, press, music quality, etc. I think both of Kendrick's last two albums would most def be up to be considered as classics (and that's with me being on record as saying Habits and Contradictions is better than GKMC). I mean I know dudes like to poo poo on Kendrick around here since he doesn't feed into people living out their vicarious gangsta fantasies but he's easily the best rapper at actually rapping of the last like 5-10 years (and I'd argue ever).

And both the singles Q has put out for blank face are really good, so hopefully it's more like habits and contradictions than oxymoron (which was kinda a bleh album).

Also I could name probably 100 (or more) rappers off the top of my head better than Gucci. Dude's not even the best major southern rapper who was released from jail in the last year.

alansmithee fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jun 27, 2016

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
apple music's copy of habits & contradictions is missing Raymond 1969 what the gently caress

they're done. canceling my poo poo today.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Doesn't that album have a bunch of sample clearance issues? I remember Gangsta in Designer got completely ruined because they had to take out the Genesis sample

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
that would explain it - it is gone from spotify too :argh:

still ditching apple music asap though

drat that is a really lovely option that streaming music makes available :( retroactively losing tracks from albums you dont really own in the first place

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

It's missing on Google music too but I just uploaded my own copy

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
how do they know that youre actually a student for the apple music and tidal discounte ? if i have an edu email can i get one or do they actually verify somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm feeling the new Wale tape. Nice summer stuff.