Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Preorder success story:

But whats up with this line on the back cover?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
they misspelled OPERANT

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

M_Gargantua posted:

But whats up with this line on the back cover?

Prophet is some superhero story, originally created by Rob Liefeld, about a supersoldier named John Prophet. The series was rebooted by Image in 2011, with a bunch of Prophet clones fighting weird aliens in a very distant future, long after humanity has disappeared (except for a warrior society of Prophet-clones), and it's pretty good. Very strongly influenced by European comics and manga, with very little remaining of the original stuff. Operant did work on some of it, because Brandon Graham (who handled the Prophet reboot) liked K6BD.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Prophet is very weird, but in a good way. It's a strangeness that implies vast horizons.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Did he? That's really cool. Image has done some great stuff with Liefeld's garbage, I'm a big fan of the Glory reboot illustrated by Sophie Campbell (then Ross). Too bad that one felt like it was on fast-forward, if it had been given the time to breathe and develop the story + characters better I'd probably hold it up with KSBD and Saga among my favorite comics.

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013
Could someone who wasn't completely in control do THIS *smashes some furniture*

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

https://twitter.com/xiakha/status/1105568174546866178

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

A good comic.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
holy lol

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Did he? That's really cool. Image has done some great stuff with Liefeld's garbage, I'm a big fan of the Glory reboot illustrated by Sophie Campbell (then Ross). Too bad that one felt like it was on fast-forward, if it had been given the time to breathe and develop the story + characters better I'd probably hold it up with KSBD and Saga among my favorite comics.

It wasn't just rushed, they got word it was cancelled I believe and cobbled together AN ending even if it wasn't ideal.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

That McDonald's edit is perfect.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Gorefiend posted:

It wasn't just rushed, they got word it was cancelled I believe and cobbled together AN ending even if it wasn't ideal.

Yeah that explains a lot. It had such potential... Thankfully KSBD scratches the same itch and is taking its time to do it right.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

New comic.

Gasp is this jester's apparel a deceit?! Some kind of trick?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
holy poo poo

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIJ5CAGUrqU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

New comic.

Gasp is this jester's apparel a deceit?! Some kind of trick?

one might say shes

two faced

im sorry ill see myself out

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wonder if she's pissed that Mottom is allowed to attack her repeatedly and no one says or does anything about it. I mean, Solomon just did a big speech about how they're not allowed to turn on each other, and she's had her head exploded twice in this meeting alone without a word from anyone else.

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012
I notice that Incubus, Mammon, and Mottom- the three Demiurges that have directly met Allison- all have orange/red cues to their keys in these panels. Wonder if that's significant.

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
i mean, its a minor inconvenience for gog in a practical sense, so its understandable why nobody else is bothered, but lmao that nobodys even bothering to be like 'hey maybe we should eschew actively disrupting each others physical forms here"

Tar_Squid posted:

I notice that Incubus, Mammon, and Mottom- the three Demiurges that have directly met Allison- all have orange/red cues to their keys in these panels. Wonder if that's significant.

she has visited upon them their ruin, even if they do not yet realize it. its ruddy flames will encompass them all soon enough

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Tar_Squid posted:

Their color is more thematic than anything else, I think. The color of their eyes matches their keys and corresponds somewhat with who they are and what word they bear.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

wiegieman posted:

Prophet is very weird, but in a good way. It's a strangeness that implies vast horizons.

it owns as much as it's possible for a superhero comic to own, Dune but with Rob Liefield poo poo instead of psychedelia

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

I wonder if she's pissed that Mottom is allowed to attack her repeatedly and no one says or does anything about it. I mean, Solomon just did a big speech about how they're not allowed to turn on each other, and she's had her head exploded twice in this meeting alone without a word from anyone else.

it's probably a combination of her getting fed up with being looked down on and her envy of solomon's position of superiority over the others

she's 100% going to offer allison completely non-sinister aid in bringing him down a peg or seventy-times-seven

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

god drat do i love some hammurabigod lecturing

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

She is a demiurge. No matter how goofy and whimsical she seems, she didn't make it to the end of the war by accident.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Hypocrisy posted:

She is a demiurge. No matter how goofy and whimsical she seems, she didn't make it to the end of the war by accident.

abaddon said flat-out that gog-agog is potentially the strongest of them, and that includes jagganoth

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

the best superpower is infinity worms

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.
So I was skimming through the tumblr and an odd theory popped into my head. Zoss is a future iteration of Zaid.

Abaddon has made a lot of references to Zoss' story being central to the plot (saying that K6BD was his story, in a sense) and almost everything about him is said to be a spoiler. It explains how he got ahold of the power (which is said to let you break causality) that let him enter Throne, because he came from a time when it was already accessible. It explains his comment about how he "hoped this cycle would be different" - Alison fucks it up somehow, Zaid eventually attains ultimate power and travels back to become Zoss, Zoss abandons his throne to give the key to the Successor because he knows that's what's supposed to happen, Alison fucks it up somehow, etc., etc. It explains why the omniscient Jadis thinks he's the Successor - he's either the first Successor (to the gods) or he inherits the key after Alison bites it.

Anyway it's weird and I'm tired but I think it makes a surprising amount of sense.

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
imo not a high-odds theory but also not one thats been properly ruled out either yet

my major argument against it is that zaid has not proven himself capable of growing a beard so royal yet

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
When Gog-Agog stops outwardly playing the fool she looks like the scariest person in the room.

I think the exploding heads & attitude were all a ruse to lull people into not thinking her a threat.

Also the dragon looks... younger? More color to his scales, clear eyes, lots of focus. The power of will once awakened.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Mar 13, 2019

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

DancingShade posted:

When Gog-Agog stops outwardly playing the fool she looks like the scariest person in the room.

I think the exploding heads & attitude were all a ruse to lull people into not thinking her a threat.

It feels like Gog almost has the attitude of a child who is always happy when they get whatever toys and distractions they want and are never told what to do.

She was just told what to do.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

It feels like Gog almost has the attitude of a child who is always happy when they get whatever toys and distractions they want and are never told what to do.

She was just told what to do.

someone's getting sent to the cornfield

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
i wonder what gog-agog was intended to be when koss hammered her out

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

make mockery posted:

i wonder what gog-agog was intended to be when koss hammered her out

worms

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
Getting zotted by Mottom several times shows her killshot is ineffective against Gog. And I bet out of the six of them, Gog's the only one Dave can't finger to death. At least, not quickly enough to matter.

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
gog agog is, if nothing else, probably the hardest thing in existence to deathfinger

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I get the feeling only a small part of Gog-Agog is actually present at the meeting. That if you wanted to kill her you'd have to destroy every worm in the multiverse.

True Royalty could probably achieve that, but not these clowns.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

make mockery posted:

gog agog is, if nothing else, probably the hardest thing in existence to deathfinger

My response is in my avatar.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
It just gotta be that Allison moved down that McDonald's triangle from the start of the story onward.

Regarding Gog-Agog: I doubt that whatever reasons she has to be pissed off about the others do not run deeper and older than all that destructive showmanship. She is Envy, after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
What if you put out the call and they all show up to beat you up Solomon?