Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

henkman posted:

Can't wait for when we have 2 expansions worth of extra data for this

Stop triggering me!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

henkman posted:

Can't wait for when we have 2 expansions worth of extra data for this

Every bloody time the game patches I have to delete the game and redownload it.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

So we have basically agreed that the "base" expansion races are likely high Elves, dark Elves, lizards, and skaven, yeah?

So who do we see as potential dlc races for the next game? Tomb Kings, maybe? Possibly Estalia?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Gonkish posted:

So we have basically agreed that the "base" expansion races are likely high Elves, dark Elves, lizards, and skaven, yeah?

So who do we see as potential dlc races for the next game? Tomb Kings, maybe? Possibly Estalia?

There's an outside chance for Amazons, too. :v:

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Gonkish posted:

I still think Tomb Kings will be game 3, but they might be a DLC. Im thinking from Game 2 onwards there'll be a lot of subfaction DLC's rather than anymore Race DLC's.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Aren't the Tomb Kings in Warhammer africa far from lizard people and the elves? Doesn't seem like they would be a DLC in this game? Also I feel like Skaven are going to be saved for the final game once the whole world is in and linked together since the whole thing about skaven is that they are everywhere right?

This game I think will have Elfs, Lizards, and Chaos Demons.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Gonkish posted:

Speculation would be Tomb Kings, Araby and remixed versions of base races, like Estalia, Vampire Pirates and Greenskin Pirates.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

BadLlama posted:

Aren't the Tomb Kings in Warhammer africa far from lizard people and the elves? Doesn't seem like they would be a DLC in this game? Also I feel like Skaven are going to be saved for the final game once the whole world is in and linked together since the whole thing about skaven is that they are everywhere right?

Wrong, Daemons of Chaos will be Game 3 because they'll be linked with an end game of sorts, which is sort of their thing alongside Warriors of Chaos. This is all about exploring new horizons. Skaven are a good choice for the Lizardmen to fight since they've had an open war against them in Lustria before.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

BadLlama posted:

The true warhammer africa is the Southlands, and there are Lizardmen cities there.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Gejnor posted:

Wrong, Daemons of Chaos will be Game 3 because they'll be linked with an end game of sorts, which is sort of their thing alongside Warriors of Chaos.

Wasn't the End Times non-sense caused by the Skaven though? Crashing moons into planets etc.

Angry Lobster posted:

The true warhammer africa is the Southlands, and there are Lizardmen cities there.

Oh thought lizardmans were only in the new world.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

BadLlama posted:

Wasn't the End Times non-sense caused by the Skaven though? Crashing moons into planets etc.

That wasn't what ended the world though, it was the Chaos Gods destroying the planet that did that.

And the End Times is about Chaos getting for real serious about doing just that.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Goddamnit if running into Vlad and Isabella at the same time isn't the the worst situation you can find yourself in. I managed to pull off a narrow win (the most pyrrhic of victories) but my armies pretty much took crippling casualties forcing me to have to retire back to friendly territory to lick my wounds as both of them seem to have survived and knowing Vampire counts they'll have a new massive army again in much shorter time than I need to rebuild my forces.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Eh, thanks to the magic of Regiments of Renown vampires are not the only faction anymore that can whip up an army on demand out of thin air.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Vampire Counts actively desire phyrric victories with huge body counts, since it lets them trade up from masses of skeletons to better units by raising the dead.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

BadLlama posted:

Nope, the Skaven blowing up Morrslieb was used as a deus ex machina to write the Lizardmen out of The End Times, since in fiction they're Chaos' primary enemy. It worked however, because of how ridiculous it was. The Skaven blow up the bad moon thinking that it means infinite warpstone for them but hadn't really thought it through, the Slann try to destroy the meteorites, but fail and expire from the effort. Lord Kroak, the first Slann, wills himself back to life (not undeath, just resurrects himself using sheer willpower) and contains the damage to Lustria and the Southlands, writing the Lizardmen, fantasy South America and Africa out of the apocalypse.

Aurubin fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Mar 30, 2017

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

BadLlama posted:

Oh thought lizardmans were only in the new world.

Warhammer Africa has Lizardmen and Beastmen down in the southern jungles so you could conceivably have sub-factions of both down there, as well as Araby, the Tomb Kings, maybe a Bretonnion crusader state, some more Savage Orcs, and so on. There's plenty of scope to expand the map down there.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

And probably a Maneater or two with kohl under their eyes and fake Pharoah beards. Or at least I like to think so.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Those aren't your skeletons Mannfred! Where did you even get those!? :raise:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
My first real campaign was VC on hard, and I painted the map. Pretty easy.

Second real campaign is Skarsnik on legendary. Boy howdy this poo poo is rough.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Learn more and more about the ridiculous world of warhammer every day.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

I always really enjoyed skarsnik but holy heck is his campaign a slog.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Aurubin posted:

Nope, the Skaven blowing up Morrslieb was used as a deus ex machina to write the Lizardmen out of The End Times, since in fiction they're Chaos' primary enemy. It worked however, because of how ridiculous it was. The Skaven blow up the bad moon thinking that it means infinite warpstone for them but hadn't really thought it through, the Slann try to destroy the meteorites, but fail and expire from the effort. Lord Kroak, the first Slann, wills himself back to life (not undeath, just resurrects himself using sheer willpower) and contains the damage to Lustria and the Southlands, writing the Lizardmen, fantasy South America and Africa out of the apocalypse.

Maybe... maybe GW just wants Lizardmen to have a trimuphant return, and to make former lizardmen players cry for however long.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
If Estalia shows up anywhere it's the New World. They're practically catatonic in the Old World, and pretty much everything cool and known about them is from their New World conquistador poo poo.
Also, the largest "Norscan" settlement on the planet is a colony chillin out in not-Belize.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Schizotek posted:

If Estalia shows up anywhere it's the New World. They're practically catatonic in the Old World, and pretty much everything cool and known about them is from their New World conquistador poo poo.
Also, the largest "Norscan" settlement on the planet is a colony chillin out in not-Belize.

Also, Vampire Vikings! (One can hope)

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Those aren't your skeletons Mannfred! Where did you even get those!? :raise:

Is that from a mod? I mean tomb kings aren't that different from VC I guess so can't be that tough to mod.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Does anyone have tips for playing against Empire in multiplayer? I've literally never beaten Empire even once, especially if they bring light wizards + artillery. I can't even get close before half of my army has been netted and killed and demis crush my spears so my front line invariably gets flanked and slaughtered.

It's never even been close no matter what faction or what army comp I bring. I can beat the other factions consistently enough though.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Kitchner posted:

Is that from a mod? I mean tomb kings aren't that different from VC I guess so can't be that tough to mod.

Yeah I got a mod that adds tomb kings for custom battles. It's alright, fun to mess around with but still pretty ropey (the warshpinx is just a giant reskinned demigryph, and the ushabti and bone giants are literally just scaled up skeletons). However I don't think it was intended to randomly add TK units to the AI vampires in my campaign. :haw:

Oh also there's no actualy tomb kings in it, the the only HQ choice is a hierotitan.

GuardianOfAsgaard fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 31, 2017

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Yeah I got a mod that adds tomb kings for custom battles. It's alright, fun to mess around with but still pretty ropey (the warshpinx is just a giant reskinned demigryph, and the ushabti and bone giants are literally just scaled up skeletons). However I don't think it was intended to randomly add TK units to the AI vampires in my campaign. :haw:

I got the impression that it was intended behavior for that mod, and that the author is working on implementing a TK campaign more fully. You can play a TK-with-vampire-lords campaign as is, you just have to ignore VC units.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Somebody did a skeleton archer mod which is basically TK101 already.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
I just hope the skull catapult the Tomb Kings get will have an awesome (but different) sound effect like mortars and rockets do. Cackling skeleton laugh?

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Captain Beans posted:

I just hope the skull catapult the Tomb Kings get will have an awesome (but different) sound effect like mortars and rockets do. Cackling skeleton laugh?

The SS catapult in Dark Omen had the most ridiculous and hilarious laugh sound effect, I expect it to be a day one mod.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Vlex posted:

The SS catapult

Nazi science's most feared invention.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Captain Beans posted:

Cackling skeleton laugh?

Shrieking Skull.

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

jokes posted:

Chaos and the norscans really needs to lose all units that aren't infantry, monsters, and melee cavalry (no chariots). Hellcannon is fine.

I've wanted to make a no and/or fewer chariots mod for a while. Eventually I'll figure out how to do it without causing the game to crash at some point.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Am I missing something obvious or Is there no way to transfer units from one lord's army to another?

edit: oh you select one army then right click on the other :doh:. This always happens right after I post about it. VV thanks

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Away all Goats posted:

Am I missing something obvious or Is there no way to transfer units from one lord's army to another?

select one army, right click on another army within movement range

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Sigmar be damned, the luminark is almost useless now! How can you be obstructed on a flat plain, and why are you just staring at the enemy when it says you are firing? Got two shots off before it died to the rampaging spider it was supposed to kill so the empire is struggling against monsters now.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
Goddamn I forgot how satisfying Minotaurs were. They're everything slayers should have been.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Party In My Diapee posted:

Sigmar be damned, the luminark is almost useless now! How can you be obstructed on a flat plain, and why are you just staring at the enemy when it says you are firing? Got two shots off before it died to the rampaging spider it was supposed to kill so the empire is struggling against monsters now.

Yeah this plus its incessant need to turn 360 degrees when you issue a fire order makes it frustrating to use.

Schizotek posted:

Goddamn I forgot how satisfying Minotaurs were. They're everything slayers should have been.

Slayers are pretty much on-point atm, maybe a bit OP with good armor piercing damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Shmtur posted:

I've wanted to make a no and/or fewer chariots mod for a while. Eventually I'll figure out how to do it without causing the game to crash at some point.

Oh hell yes.

• Locked thread