Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
All those photos remind me of how great destiny looks in general. Gotta love the post apocalyptic solar system settlements. Really great setting for shooting dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

texaholic posted:

All those photos remind me of how great destiny looks in general. Gotta love the post apocalyptic solar system settlements. Really great setting for shooting dudes.

Agreed.

So much detail in everything. So many thing ive never seen before.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I've heard the atheon challenge might be killing him while only doing damage when times vengeance is inactive

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Nah that's way too Datto, I bet it's something like "do not cleanse with the relic while teleported in the future or past"

Comedy option; destroy all confluxes with a hand cannon

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

actionjackson posted:

I've heard the atheon challenge might be killing him while only doing damage when times vengeance is inactive

Ive heard the sjackson challenge is defeating him in a game of scrabble using only words about the latest ruin wake he got!!!!

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Should I buy Rise of Iron? Is it fun?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

The Meat Dimension posted:

Nah that's way too Datto, I bet it's something like "do not cleanse with the relic while teleported in the future or past"

Templar challenge: trigger the Minotaur spawn by preventing his teleport every time
Atheon challenge: this

Deathsinger challenge: uhh kill her in 60 seconds??
Crota: ONE SWORD BITCHES

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Can't wait for crota to wipe a raid team by running into the crystal room during a cycle.
Cause we all know they aren't gonna fix his bugs at all.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

omg chael crash posted:

Should I buy Rise of Iron? Is it fun?

Yes.

Also, your AV over here, tonight, it is you could say...Destiny!

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Menstrual Show posted:

Ive heard the sjackson challenge is defeating him in a game of scrabble using only words about the latest ruin wake he got!!!!

:five:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

You can't do the vog fight at the moment without clensing let alone if that was the challenge.

It'll be poo poo like without losing a player or can only carry the relic once.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Menstrual Show posted:

lol

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

BlindSite posted:

You can't do the vog fight at the moment without clensing let alone if that was the challenge.

It'll be poo poo like without losing a player or can only carry the relic once.

It won't be only carry the relic once because the teleportees are random. That'd be a poo poo way to fail the challenge if your previous 3 relic holders all get sent away.

Which now that I think about it sounds very Bungie, so it probably will be that.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
So I've got like 20 sterling treasure in my mailbox. What's up with this level 40 gear only having 3 defense?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kingtheninja posted:

So I've got like 20 sterling treasure in my mailbox. What's up with this level 40 gear only having 3 defense?

You can buy those treasures for money. Having them always be 3 light was their way of addressing Pay for Gear concerns.

Do the dawning treasures open at 3 LL too? I can't remember.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
It does come out at 3 LL

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

The armor that comes out needs to be infused to your current light level; nice because you get more opportunities for perfect-roll armor pieces.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Raposa posted:

It won't be only carry the relic once because the teleportees are random. That'd be a poo poo way to fail the challenge if your previous 3 relic holders all get sent away.

Which now that I think about it sounds very Bungie, so it probably will be that.

You take more than 3 teleports on Atheon you need to git gud

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Viewtac, snapshot/quickdraw, unflinching 2 other perks who cares Event Horizon?

It's the first one I've ever gotten from loving Shaxx

FishBulb fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 12, 2017

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FishBulb posted:

Viewtac, snapshot/quickdraw, unflinching 2 other perks who cares Event Horizon?

It's the first one I've ever gotten from loving Shaxx

Might sound dumb but it feels heavy - and has a kick to it. Its cool dropping a super with a headshot though and you get lots of good body shot clean ups.

Its viable but you wont fall in love with it over your 1kys or whatever if thats what youre most used to.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Which ViewTac? SLH20, the football goalposts, are one of the few sniper scopes that don't vignette your vision when you're ADS

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Wounded Unicorn posted:

Which ViewTac? SLH20, the football goalposts, are one of the few sniper scopes that don't vignette your vision when you're ADS

There's only one ViewTac iirc - you're probably thinking of TacSys which is like 6x zoom I think?

ViewTac is good but it kicks like a mule. I only ever bust out my event horizon with it when I'm playing trials against people under 375 light.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Probably should only ever play Striker from now on tbh

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

lol gently caress off destiny

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Viewtac is thick, solid, tight

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I've been using the Devils Dawn for months. I'm not a "good" "sniper" I have no well rolled PVP snipers in my vault :shrug:

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Did they reduce the drop rate post crucible matches or is it just me?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I think the only drop rate that's changed post patch is the player one iirc

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
noice

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv posted:

Probably should only ever play Striker from now on tbh

http://i.imgur.com/Be8EtFO.gifv

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Cool, you discovered lightning grenades 2.5 years after Destiny launched.

:laffo: at the using a sidearm as primary.

Course one of them is using hard light so it doesn't appear to be a match with many brainiacs.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I think the only drop rate that's changed post patch is the player one iirc

Noice

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

xzzy posted:

Cool, you discovered lightning grenades 2.5 years after Destiny launched.

:laffo: at the using a sidearm as primary.

Course one of them is using hard light so it doesn't appear to be a match with many brainiacs.

If you can't run a sidearm as a primary after the patch I don't know what to tell you.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Captain Log posted:

If you can't run a sidearm as a primary after the patch I don't know what to tell you.

It's stupid flavor of the month bullshit, pansies chasing whatever reddit decided is "best" because they're afraid to change how they fight.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy posted:

It's stupid flavor of the month bullshit, pansies chasing whatever reddit decided is "best" because they're afraid to change how they fight.
BULLSHIT PANSIES CHANGING HOW THEY PLAY BECAUSE THEY'RE AFRAID TO CHANGE HOW THEY PLAY.

Having a sidearm out because your radar is lit and not wasting time by switching to primary to prove you're a real man? LAFFO

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

lmao I just played this for the first time in ages and there were two other people in the tower with me and I got dumped into a strike on my own.

When does the spring update drop?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

BULLSHIT PANSIES CHANGING HOW THEY PLAY BECAUSE THEY'RE AFRAID TO CHANGE HOW THEY PLAY.

Having a sidearm out because your radar is lit and not wasting time by switching to primary to prove you're a real man? LAFFO

Yeah and then using that sidearm outside its effective range because LOL ITS TEH META.

If those two lightening grenades hadn't been there you would have been schooled.

git gud

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
I just farted and a lil bit of poo came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

CheeseFactory posted:

I just farted and a lil bit of poo came out.

:same:

• Locked thread