Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
These DC UNIVERSE ANIMATED ORIGINAL MOVIES have come a long way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7c_QQ3ecKo

Sleuthed around for the source of that song, and it turns out it's just some out-sourced studio track made in 2014 as part of a comp called Spring Break by a label named 'Noise Refinery' (ew). The comp is more like a split between these two dudes Siddharth Menon and Robert Navarro, both playback singers who pretty much specialize in cookie-cutter pop punk/emo music. http://www.westonemusic.com/album/nrf-009/spring-break

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

K. Waste posted:

These DC UNIVERSE ANIMATED ORIGINAL MOVIES have come a long way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7c_QQ3ecKo

Sleuthed around for the source of that song, and it turns out it's just some out-sourced studio track made in 2014 as part of a comp called Spring Break by a label named 'Noise Refinery' (ew). The comp is more like a split between these two dudes Siddharth Menon and Robert Navarro, both playback singers who pretty much specialize in cookie-cutter pop punk/emo music. http://www.westonemusic.com/album/nrf-009/spring-break

Did you Justice League: watch Gods and Monsters? I think that was the last DC cartoon I liked, probably because it's not within the continuity of the other DC cartoons and uses the old animation style that the later tv shows used. It came out before whatever the gently caress you just posted.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Skwirl posted:

Did you Justice League: watch Gods and Monsters? I think that was the last DC cartoon I liked, probably because it's not within the continuity of the other DC cartoons and uses the old animation style that the later tv shows used. It came out before whatever the gently caress you just posted.

Yeah, I did, and it sucks. It's, like, the third of these pieces of poo poo to do the whole 'evil Justice League' gimmick, and there's exactly as little pay-off as the last two times.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Antiviral was a dope movie.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I'd definitely eat a horse.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I slaughtered this horse last Tuesday. I think it's starting to turn.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

The only thing I won't eat are octopuses because they're way too smart.

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...

Lurdiak posted:

The only thing I won't eat are octopuses because they're way too smart.

The behind the scenes stuff from Oldboy with the dude apologizing to the octopus is really sad to watch. I heard he had to do that scene eight times or so. :(

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

http://emmart.bigcartel.com/product/jurassic-park-pin-ups-flash-sheet

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Hold onto your butts.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Power of Pecota posted:

You got a license to sell hot dogs, chico man?

So you admit that you're checking me out and you want to mate?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I do not remember the redhead in the prom dress. I guess I need to rewatch JP again.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

That's Bryce Dallas Howard from World. And it's a skirt.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

LesterGroans posted:

I didn't expect World War Z 2 to be the next David Fincher movie, but here we are.

Doing the Nick YOung question mark meme in response to this one

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

That's Bryce Dallas Howard from World. And it's a skirt.

Lame.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

FishBulb posted:

Heh you lame plebes have opinions on food? I only have opinions on important things, like how long people I don't know's pants are.

I don't actually care if you prefer to dress like a toddler.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I saw Alien in the cinema last night and it was terrific, but it is weird watching a horror movie with 60+ people and there not being a peep from the audience (because obviously we've all seen it before). I think the only thing that got a slight reaction is the sudden cut when Ash comes back to life, but that was more of a chuckle instead of a gasp.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Did people react to the Covenant footage?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

CelticPredator posted:

Did people react to the Covenant footage?

Oh, definitely. A lot of the footage from the lander segment was in the trailer, but not the scenes where aliens start popping out of human bodies. We were all very familiar with Kane's death, that Covenant footage had that new car smell and was exciting.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Apr 27, 2017

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I watched the first two episodes of The Handmaid's Tale with my girlfriend and some of our friends last night, and it was pretty solid until the end of episode two when they play Don't You (Forget About Me) after Offred plays Scrabble with the Commander. It's such a wild tonal shift from a bleak, depressing hellscape where women are only deemed property to the end of The Breakfast Club that we were all yelling "WHAT THE gently caress" at the tv for several minutes straight. It's such a baffling decision.

Franchescanado posted:

This right here. There are so many great dishes I learned to cook, I actually had to use spices for flavor, and I saved so much money from not buying meat.

I stopped inviting friends over for dinner. I had a few get legitimately mad at me because I made blackbean tacos and refused to eat it because there was no meat. Wouldn't even try it.

I've had other friends start fights with me because I ordered a veggie burger--they acted like I was the biggest rear end in a top hat and just threatened their family because I didn't want to eat meat.

People are very weird about peers that eat healthy/vegetarian/vegan, especially the people that don't know the differences between vegetarian/vegan.

The general impression society gives is that vegetarians and vegans are assholes who never shut up about not eating meat, but I'm dead certain that meat-eaters have been way more obnoxious to me about my food choices than I've been to them.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

The Goldblum one is actually pretty accurate to his pose in the movie.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

X-Ray Pecs posted:

The general impression society gives is that vegetarians and vegans are assholes who never shut up about not eating meat, but I'm dead certain that meat-eaters have been way more obnoxious to me about my food choices than I've been to them.

Oh that poo poo is straight up projection from carnivores. They feel attacked by vegetarians since it inherently implies that eating meat is immoral or unhealthy (both true) so they get really defensive and act like huge dicks.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I found a film twitter I like: One Perfect Shot

X-Ray Pecs posted:

For real. I try to point out that I haven't said anything about what they're eating, that I'm not shaming them for their burger or steak, so why are they loving with me, but they don't grasp the irony.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Yep. There was a guy at my old job who I had to stop going to lunch with because invariably he would want to discuss my vegetarianism in an attempt to "figure it out". But it always turned into him ranting about how impossible it would be for him to stop eating meat.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I made a really good salad for a family dinner around last Thanksgiving. My brother and his girlfriend loaded up their plates with the different meats, and none of the veggies or the salad.

Everyone's eating, saying "Hey, Franchescanado, this is a really good salad!"

Brother: You made the salad?
Me: Yeah? It's really good, lots of cool stuff in it, it's got a good Avacado dressing too, garlic croutons,
Bro's Girlfriend: Oh, I don't eat salad. I don't eat vegetables.
Brother: Yeah, no, I don't eat vegetables. What's the loving point?
Bro's Girlfriend: Yup. Just meat. Meat meat meat meat meat.
Brother: Yup. Meat.
Bro's Girlfriend: And after that meat? More meat.
Brother: Just meat.
Bro's Girlfriend: Meat meat meat. Love meat.
Brother: Yup. Just meat and meat.

I'm not exaggerating, it was that bizarre of a conversation, where they just repeated the word "Meat" for a few minutes while everyone just sat in silence.

Then my brother's girlfriend went inside and stole the pies and a bottle of wine and left without saying anything.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Of course, of course.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Franchescanado posted:

I made a really good salad for a family dinner around last Thanksgiving. My brother and his girlfriend loaded up their plates with the different meats, and none of the veggies or the salad.

Me: Yeah? It's really good, lots of cool stuff in it, it's got a good Avacado dressing too, garlic croutons,

I'm not exaggerating, it was that bizarre of a conversation, where they just repeated the word "Meat" for a few minutes while everyone just sat in silence.

Then my brother's girlfriend went inside and stole the pies and a bottle of wine and left without saying anything.

Your brother and his girlfriend are obviously robots and you witnessed them short circuiting.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Spatulater bro! posted:

Your brother and his girlfriend are obviously robots and you witnessed them short circuiting.

Meat-eating robots.

To be sure, meat is good when it's good. But when it's bad (poor quality and/or badly cooked) it's really horrible, plus it feels like such a waste. An animal died to make a bad dish?! I don't eat meat all that often but when I do it had better be worth it. Fish likewise. I actually think that eating some fish is worse than certain meats from an ethical or sustainability perspective.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I slaughtered this horse last Tuesday. I think it's starting to turn.

I see what you did there, and I approve. From memory, isn't it "I killed this horse last Tuesday. I think it's about to turn".

Then they all R U N N O F T.

therattle fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Apr 27, 2017

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Franchescanado posted:

This is the saddest story I've read on this forum so far this year.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Spatulater bro! posted:

"Are you bringing any fruits or vegetables with you?"

"Two weeksmeats."
:confused:
"Twoooooooo Meaaaaaaats"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Franchescanado posted:

That sounds like the first act of a really predictable episode of Tales from the Crypt.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
My personal worst example of meat-eaters being weird was one of my college roommates asking me, in earnest, if vegetarians could give blowjobs.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Franchescanado posted:

I found a film twitter I like: One Perfect Shot

One Perfect Shot used to be really cool when it was nothing but pretty stills from movies, and they took suggestions from people as well. But as soon as they started their blog, it all went downhill, and I had to unfollow them recently. Too much crap, not enough good-looking images.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

That sounds like the first act of a really predictable episode of Tales from the Crypt.

Like the next day they get abducted by aliens who only eat people. But the aliens also have to take vitamin supplements because people aren't nutritious enough.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

X-Ray Pecs posted:

One Perfect Shot used to be really cool when it was nothing but pretty stills from movies, and they took suggestions from people as well. But as soon as they started their blog, it all went downhill, and I had to unfollow them recently. Too much crap, not enough good-looking images.

You're missing out man

https://twitter.com/OnePerfectShot/status/857579842153435137

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

X-Ray Pecs posted:

My personal worst example of meat-eaters being weird was one of my college roommates asking me, in earnest, if vegetarians could give blowjobs.

I mean as long as they don't swallow right?

Seems obvious.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

morestuff posted:

You're missing out man

https://twitter.com/OnePerfectShot/status/857606561413439488

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Snak posted:

Like the next day they get abducted by aliens who only eat people. But the aliens also have to take vitamin supplements because people aren't nutritious enough.

Too creative, they just get invited to a fancy BBQ run by folk who act weirded out by them but end up being cannibals.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I've never actually watched Tales from the Crypt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

FishBulb posted:

I mean as long as they don't swallow right?

Seems obvious.

I mean I'd imagine they have consent...

• Locked thread