Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Fully AH buffed Spec2 and/or Skadi (guard) are an order of magnitude more tanky than Mountain. It's hard to describe just how stupidly unkillable a Skadi with s3m3 and Gladiia regen/damage reduction is until you see it in action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I think I have all the AH, I should really look into building them all if it's that good.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

I have them all E2d and yet I never use them. I should probably make a static squad for them.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

They're really tough but they punch they're packing is limited. Damage is pretty good but mostly just for duel type situations.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
You can slot Glaadia + Spalter into pretty much any squad. Any extra hunters are just a bonus.

If you're only using the two of them, the substitute module is probably better, but I'm using the AH module and its still very good. Glaadia module is crazy good even if she's the only hunter you bring.

pray for my aunt fucked around with this message at 01:22 on May 17, 2024

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
The AH team is my default defender-replacement set up, so I’m delighted I got unchained and Skalter from sparking this banner. With Gladiia in the party even the 4* specter is pretty much immortal and can be slapped down on any tiles out of reach of healers thanks to all that regen, and Skadi airdrop is Real and My Friend (at killing bosses). Like I have yato alter and stuff but AH is just so easy to use.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The new Sui sibling on CN server has that really overpowered passive if you have all of them, I wonder if Ulpianus will have something like that for the Abyssal Hunters when he becomes playable.

AMapleWithAName
Aug 16, 2021

You're on a path in the woods.
I kind of want Ulpianus to be a Crusher just so we can see how good he is with the Abyssal Hunter suite of buffs. 3.5% HP regen per second, 30% less damage taken, +20 ASPD, +22% ATK, +50% Max HP, +5% damage dealt, and +0.5 SP regen per second. Plus whatever he does, because he's of course going to buff other Abyssal Hunters. Sounds real viable to me.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Yeah Crusher would pair really well with the AH buff suite. He'd pretty much be as tanky as Skadi with her S3 up but just baseline.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Decided to break my "monthly pass only" rule and buy the selector ticket so I could finally have every 6* operator

I think I'm going to just do the guaranteed 5* for all the upcoming non-limited banners to save for the limiteds though, se la vie. Ray and Degen look really cool/powerful, Ascalon looks like powercreep DoT Mizuki I guess?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mizuki actually has very strong DPS with S1. Ascalon focuses more on CC compared to damage.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

The Moon Monster posted:

Decided to break my "monthly pass only" rule and buy the selector ticket so I could finally have every 6* operator

I think I'm going to just do the guaranteed 5* for all the upcoming non-limited banners to save for the limiteds though, se la vie. Ray and Degen look really cool/powerful, Ascalon looks like powercreep DoT Mizuki I guess?

Good news, Ray is pretty directly power-crept by Ela so saving for her is the right answer. Degen is still really good as far as I know, but my understanding right now is that W Alter is the thing you should be preparing to get over anything else so if that's what it takes then that's what it takes.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm rolling for Leto

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

LornMarkus posted:

Good news, Ray is pretty directly power-crept by Ela so saving for her is the right answer. Degen is still really good as far as I know, but my understanding right now is that W Alter is the thing you should be preparing to get over anything else so if that's what it takes then that's what it takes.

There's also the fact that the non-limiteds on the upcoming limited banners also seem super rad. Of the 5 upcoming ops on limited banners Zuo Le is probably the worst one and he still seems quite good, if high maintenance.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
I was wondering why I got inundated with friend requests in the last 5 days...apparently Kyo's low end squad walkthrough for the ZT-S stages involves some key FedEx usage, and he's one of my supports. This must be what it's like for all you Surtr/Mlynar havers.

Thanks for the Spalter recs and discussion. I now have her E2L60 S2M3 with 97% trust, gonna dump into her doll module shortly - the stalling aspects work quite nicely with Virtuosa, though I have to get better at timing it to intentionally drop the AE slow on big groups. Even without S3M3 and the chonky module, she and Gladiia are definitely 2 block defenders when placed together. I look forward to having more hunters to gimmick with some day.

The Moon Monster posted:

6* selector seems like it's at least a break-even vs. monthly card for the money - congrats for catching em all!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

LornMarkus posted:

Counterpoint: Ray cannot be powercrept in cuteness.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Thanks for the Spalter recs and discussion. I now have her E2L60 S2M3 with 97% trust, gonna dump into her doll module shortly - the stalling aspects work quite nicely with Virtuosa, though I have to get better at timing it to intentionally drop the AE slow on big groups. Even without S3M3 and the chonky module, she and Gladiia are definitely 2 block defenders when placed together. I look forward to having more hunters to gimmick with some day.

Another useful tidbit about Abyssal Hunter buffs that's easy to miss: all of the buffs apply just by having them in the team except for Gladiia. Her buffs only work while she's deployed, so try to deploy her early so she's unlikely to get murdered.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Ray has the cutest pet so she really just powercreeps beanstalk.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Mymla posted:

Ray has the cutest pet so she really just powercreeps beanstalk.

You can use both!

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
pet squad pet squad pet squad pet squad

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Man I just fought Cannot for the first time in IS4, that boss music is sick. Love all the little touches like that in this game.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
This rerun is a good opportunity to once again marvel at how insanely bad the UI design is

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Also I guess since they rearranged things, we are back to the era when you can't auto-repeat missions.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I love the UI for Il Siracusano. Its so ill advised

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

At least you can pull up a simple list of all the stages, can't do that in SN.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Lone Trail was fairly straightforward, right? They seem to be backing down on it at least.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

There should be more events with Il Siracusano UI so that I will know which stages take place at the local pizzeria or cafe.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Clarste posted:

Lone Trail was fairly straightforward, right? They seem to be backing down on it at least.

Yeah Lone Trail was my first event when I started playing and the UI was easily navigable while also looking very cool. Next event was the SN rerun, lol.

Also, happy to see Lappland in the cert shop! Not sure how much use I'll get out of her but she's one of a small handful of 5*s on my list that's eluded me up til now. Texas finally has her trading post buddy...

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Lappland is very useful when she's useful. She can invalidate a lot of bullshit.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
Lappland also just got a module on CN that gives her a minor attack speed buff to help with skill uptime and also makes her attacks apply a weak fragile effect that is an extremely nice bonus.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The 6* lords got surprisingly big damage boosts from their modules, I think Qiubai's was actually the smallest weirdly enough.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Finally e2ed Reedalter and wow, IS4 is a lot more fun now!

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
I have critically re-evaluated IS3 after playing it in a post-texalter world & with the skill tree nodes for initial keys + you can use dice to reroll things (whyyyy is this not baseline). Reed2 is that, but for IS4.

kittenchops
Jul 24, 2013

I had trouble with the ghost wolf last time this event was around. This time I just face rolled it. Texalter go brrrr

Got to finally see the end of the story yay!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I need to get off my butt and e2 Texalter, but man, I keep feeling like she's a little redundant compared to Yato Alter

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

StrixNebulosa posted:

I need to get off my butt and e2 Texalter, but man, I keep feeling like she's a little redundant compared to Yato Alter

They're pretty complementary, Texas does arts damage while Yato is physical, and Texas is a little tankier and depending on skill either has silence, resistance shred or area stunlock which are frequently useful

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

StrixNebulosa posted:

You got it backwards tbh, Texalter is way more generally usable than Yato (Texalter S3 is like, one of the most broken skills in the game).

But yes, use both.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Texalter is for when I want to tell a 3x3 grid to gently caress off, Kirin Yato is for when I want to tell a line to gently caress off.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

They're both really good but Texas is the stronger of the two for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kittenchops
Jul 24, 2013

Texalter helps trivialize a lot of content just from the shear damage, CC through stun, and you can just keep dropping her S3 nuke.