Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Close One! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
That's tight as hell

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

I'm going through my inventory looking for extra items to sell. It's not bad enough that there's a boost, a trail, AND an explosion named "HoloData" but the icons for the boost and explosion look nearly identical!

Plus, they sort on Cert first (because that's so much more important than color) so I can't even tell how many TW items I have without scrolling.

Thanks for listening

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
The good news is that you can more or less ignore all the HoloData items because they're rocket pass items and therefor worth almost nothing, no matter what color they are.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I got a 144hz monitor and I'm too busy marveling at the extra frames to hit the drat ball now

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

pik_d posted:

The good news is that you can more or less ignore all the HoloData items because they're rocket pass items and therefor worth almost nothing, no matter what color they are.

I'll take them off your hands, if you don't want them

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

This might have been one of the best goals i've seen. Completely disgusting play.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I'm at champ 3 div 2 in 3's now. I feel like I need to take a break, and practice my air dribbles. Game sense can only take you so far.

Static!
Jul 17, 2007

Hold on, I'm watching this...
https://www.gifyourgame.com/HeaviesQuirkyGeneralbeatrix

Consider this my retirement.

Static!
Jul 17, 2007

Hold on, I'm watching this...

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I'm at champ 3 div 2 in 3's now. I feel like I need to take a break, and practice my air dribbles. Game sense can only take you so far.

NICK!

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Sick!!!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

CHOICE COD posted:

I (Bachelor) was dicking around in casual and almost pulled off a miracle with some randos.

Happy to keep it close on paper but it cannot be overstated how good these guys are; playing against a legitimate team is an entirely different game. The ball barely touched the ground during their possessions, just perfect aerial passes all match.

Squishy's game winner: https://www.gifyourgame.com/DirtyGaumlessBouldergeist

:negative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtygDt_u0ag&t=510s

8:30

Future Son
Mar 29, 2007
I'm from the future. I'm your son!
I made an aerial goal once. But I wasn’t sure it’s even possible on console with all the lag. Ever play with your hands in a bowl of pudding, and then your brain in a different flavor of pudding?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Consoles shouldn’t be lagging.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I play exclusively on console and the only barrier I have to aerial goals is my own skill so maybe check your connection and your TV settings

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

No no I play console and the only reason I’m getting beaten to the ball and losing those contests is because the PC players have better inputs and frames which is why I’m hard stuck diamond tyvm

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
My ps4 rocket league looks cleaner than my PC rocket league, it must be my graphical settings on my PC but plugging them both into the same monitor the PC just looks ever so slightly, I'm not sure, muddier, I'll try and take pics to compare

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

RL is finally going free to play:

https://www.rocketleague.com/news/rocket-league-going-free-to-play-this-summer/

odinson
Mar 17, 2009
E:FB

You guys think there will be a problem with smurfs?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

odinson posted:

Maybe but its not dota where you have to pour in a hundred games just to even play ranked

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

odinson posted:

Not really, no. Anyone who's smurfing gets propelled up to high ranks so fast it's not like they're going to be stomping for too long until they're at their skill level any way. And if you do encounter a smurf, take the opportunity to get used to playing against a higher skilled player, and learn from it.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

odinson posted:

This is their response in the Reddit thead:

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

lol that reminds me, I was accused if being a smurf a couple of days ago.

I've been stuck on high gold/low plat for over half a year now and I wasn't even playing that well. :v:

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o
RIP workshop maps

odinson
Mar 17, 2009
Has bakkesmod been weird for anyone else? My game auto freezes when I launch with it running. I've d/l'd the newest version too.

tradjik
Mar 2, 2007

I do a stream of this video game I am in bronze 1 most of the time please watch me play thankyou.

http://twitch.tv/ironicevil1112

odinson
Mar 17, 2009
Is there some trick to leaving a ranked match without getting the 5-min ban? I just started playing ranked again and have noticed way more d/c's as opposed to unranked.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Wait until the game ends?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

odinson posted:

Is there some trick to leaving a ranked match without getting the 5-min ban? I just started playing ranked again and have noticed way more d/c's as opposed to unranked.

If someone on your team leaves the game, you'll be able to exit as well without any penalty. You may get a vote to forfeit option but it'll be okay to leave any way.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

I just got Champ rank for the first time!

(*cough*in Rumble*cough*)

Future Son
Mar 29, 2007
I'm from the future. I'm your son!
Congrats Champ. I’m lucky to get Plat1 in anything. I’m realizing I’ve gotten old now and my skill ceiling is quite low.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
Congrats. I dip into diamond in twos, but I've had to use snow day a couple times just to make sure I lock in the rewards, so no hate for a rumble champ from me.

Actually, more people should play snow day, it's really good.

If you're stalling out at plat one, I doubt you've hit your skill ceiling. Go into free play and just slam the ball as hard as you can, then catch up to it as fast as you can and slam it again over and over. Do that about 20 minutes a day for two weeks, and I bet you're not plat 1 anymore. Speed is the most important attribute in the game, and that will make you faster.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

BrewingTea posted:

I just got Champ rank for the first time!

(*cough*in Rumble*cough*)

I've used rumble twice now to secure a new reward tier, champ back in season 10, and GC this season. Both times I got to that rank in 3s later in the season. Rumble teaches you to be more cautious in defense, which makes you a better teammate in standard 3s. Pressure is off now, push on!

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Rumble taught me that this is a luck-based children's car game, just like Magic The Gathering

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006

crimedog posted:

Rumble taught me that this is a luck-based children's car game, just like Magic The Gathering

It's true. I bought $200 worth of booster packs and now my car is better than all the rest.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Welp, update tomorrow with free items. FTP on the 23rd. This should be fun.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

I'm mostly looking forward to the Tournaments update. I really like the idea of rank-level tournaments and stuff. (I'll be that loser with the custom title for winning Gold tournaments.)

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
I'm also looking forward to tournaments. The update has landed and the tab is there, but "no scheduled tournaments" so far.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
why did they make the menu UI so much worse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

morallyobjected posted:

why did they make the menu UI so much worse?

Not having the "Quick Play/Play Again" options is super frustrating and dumb. Do not like.