Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

This thunder storm is pretty awesome. That last crack was a rumbly bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka of lathspell

maybe we got a bit of yr rain ... a tiny bit though

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell

have you ever thought about if your face got frozen to one expression which one you'd like it to be

i just posted the :smug: face and really i'd pick that one, but only because if i saw someone else making that face i'd laugh really hard. i cant remember the last time i saw someone actually do that

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

B33rChiller

Could use a little more rain over here, tbh. Winter was far too dry, and the mountain snowpack didn't get a chance to build up. If we don't get a bunch more, it looks like it could be another fiery summer.
I would appreciate if we could have some time off the wood smoke smell. Summer time the forests burn, and blanket the province in smoke. Winter time, the neighbors across the street light their wood stove, and choke the hell out of it, so the greasy smoke comes out the chimney and turns a 180, pouring down the side of their house, and pooling at ground level around the neighborhood.
Open some air to the drat thing, and burn dry, seasoned wood please!
The first summer this site https://aqicn.org/here/ told us we were in the hazardous ratings, I picked up a couple of these hepa filters
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B077B3X6DK/ref=twister_B0CJ34W9T6?_encoding=UTF8&th=1 They made a huge difference. If anyone is having troubles with smoke / dust / animal dander, get you a hepa filter for your living spaces.

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
more falafel please

forums poster

B33rChiller posted:

Could use a little more rain over here, tbh. Winter was far too dry, and the mountain snowpack didn't get a chance to build up. If we don't get a bunch more, it looks like it could be another fiery summer.
I would appreciate if we could have some time off the wood smoke smell. Summer time the forests burn, and blanket the province in smoke. Winter time, the neighbors across the street light their wood stove, and choke the hell out of it, so the greasy smoke comes out the chimney and turns a 180, pouring down the side of their house, and pooling at ground level around the neighborhood.
Open some air to the drat thing, and burn dry, seasoned wood please!
The first summer this site https://aqicn.org/here/ told us we were in the hazardous ratings, I picked up a couple of these hepa filters
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B077B3X6DK/ref=twister_B0CJ34W9T6?_encoding=UTF8&th=1 They made a huge difference. If anyone is having troubles with smoke / dust / animal dander, get you a hepa filter for your living spaces.

We got your smoke all the way down here last summer, it was rough.

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

SeaGoatSupreme
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

Goons Are Gifts posted:

Tea crew, what's your favorite kind of tea??

Roasted yerba mate is the poo poo. Folks want too much for it though, so I stir and bake the yellow canaria bag in a casserole dish for like a half hour.

It is peak :yum: on a rainy afternoon with a bit of dark honey.

SeaGoatSupreme
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

rear end-penny posted:

as someone with a degree in fine art, you should have

There is always next time to sneeze on a monet

Zoya

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

baka of lathspell posted:

have you ever thought about if your face got frozen to one expression which one you'd like it to be

:goofy:

thank you snuff melange for the beautiful winter siggy~!

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

My secured credit card went unsecured and they gave me like 2 months income worth of credit and I'm freaking out because I'm very worried I'll end up blasting it and putting myself in debt.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Why is Crab Rave a thing? I like it, but why?

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

people that make trash youtube channels for kids to get hooked on deserve violence. I know this isn't chill, but neither is making a living off targeting children with dogshit content.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpgQSbwnWD0

was a bit frustrated on my last night. bringing some wizard raps to apologize.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Escape From Noise

Christ on his throne there are WAY too many tourists in Japan right now. Trains and busses loving slammed. Stations are a mess with people milling around dragging heavy suitcsses and groups blocking the way because they're walking four or five abreast and gaping like stunned cattle, same with most sidewalks. Any place where people take photos is nearly impassable. It was kind of localized to major stations but now it's even happening in my little residential neighborhood! The grocery store is pretty crowded and even the laundromat is slammed! I cannot wait for Golden Week to be over! It'll probably stay busy in more major areas but at least the leaking into residential areas should ease up a bit. Kyoto is loving done for. I'm definitely not moving there.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Goons Are Gifts

Helloooo!! I'm awake again, posting from the hospital!
I had my surgery in Monday to fix some stuff in the liver, something went wrong though and I was put to sleep for a while, which turned into three days. So, now it's Wednesday here, I'm awake again, there's some tube in my mouth and I can't talk, but I have my phone and slowly I'm waking up and feeling weird, but not terribly bad. Belly hurts a lot, I assume from the surgery, but I'm waiting in my doctor to drop by and tell me what's going on, the nurse couldn't tell me a lot so far.

I had the most crazy dreams while in artifical coma, I remember that we found out right in this chat that the famous old painter Rembrandt was actually posting in byob and we taught him how to shitpost, there also were images of a baby dog cuddling and I suddenly my mom split into two moms and also there was a famous German TV cook that tried to sell me some weed...
Oh so many things I can barely remember! I wonder how many of those are actually crazy visions of the future :haibrower:

Goons Are Gifts

I was really worried this time I might not make it and had to go to the dark place all by myself, never seeing my pals again, but here I still am, posting, being happy to see you all again and it made me realize hkw genuinely much, and I'm not kidding or just babbling here, you guys mean to me and how much I appreciate to be posting with you

Byob and SA helped me in so many ways over all these worrisome as well as great times of my life and it accompanies me for so many years now, I'm so relieved to be back awake and I feel genuinely so honored to be posting with you, yes you, personally!

You look absolutely beautiful today and I really really appreciate and love you and I can't help it but wish you to enjoy the best, most lovely day imaginable today and I really mean that, you are such a beautiful person and I'm so glad to call you my friend and posting pal, every single one of you!!

Stay awesome, friends, you're amazing, you look gorgeous today and I'm so happy to be back with you!! :glomp:

xcheopis

Goons Are Gifts posted:

Helloooo!! I'm awake again, posting from the hospital!
I had my surgery in Monday to fix some stuff in the liver, something went wrong though and I was put to sleep for a while, which turned into three days. So, now it's Wednesday here, I'm awake again, there's some tube in my mouth and I can't talk, but I have my phone and slowly I'm waking up and feeling weird, but not terribly bad. Belly hurts a lot, I assume from the surgery, but I'm waiting in my doctor to drop by and tell me what's going on, the nurse couldn't tell me a lot so far.

I had the most crazy dreams while in artifical coma, I remember that we found out right in this chat that the famous old painter Rembrandt was actually posting in byob and we taught him how to shitpost, there also were images of a baby dog cuddling and I suddenly my mom split into two moms and also there was a famous German TV cook that tried to sell me some weed...
Oh so many things I can barely remember! I wonder how many of those are actually crazy visions of the future :haibrower:

It's good to hear from you GaG!

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Goons Are Gifts

It's weird how much a silly gay dead community can make life better, isn't it!

How are your plans for the day? What's for the next meal?? Lunch, dinner, what are your plans, tell me!! :peanut:

Quadramind

Glad to have you with us, pal! My plans for the rest of the day are to have a nap and eat some food, maybe read a little, listen to some tunes, maybe make some tunes, and then hope to catch the stars again tonight with no moon.

alnilam

I'm glad to be posting with you GaG :glomp:

B33rChiller

Ooh, good morning. I woke up a couple hours early to this pleasant post from GAG, and a txt from my landlord checking if I'm OK, and if I have rent money for him.
Oops!
My landlord isn't like many others. It wasn't an angry text, just "you ok for rent?".
He has rented to me for way below market rates for years now. We were also groomsmen at each other's weddings, and college classmates, and we went to sea onboard the same ship in our first co-op work phase for college together.
I feel pretty lucky.

Dr. Honked posted:

Escape From Noise

I don't mean to be political but I believe that immigration should start confiscating large suitcases at the border unless the bearer can pass a simple proficiency test and groups found walking four or more abreast on walkways and in stations should be summarily executed.

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Goons Are Gifts posted:

How are your plans for the day? What's for the next meal?? Lunch, dinner, what are your plans, tell me!! :peanut:

So glad you're still with us GaG! :) My day so far has been looking for birds in the orning, then work, then got home and played a bit of minecraft. Now I'm done with gardening for today, just a bit of raking the lawn for moss and dead grass, then off and buy stuff for dinner and a huge flower pot for the garden. Maybe I'll go to the beach and fetch some bricks for my planned garden path.

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Finger Prince

Goons Are Gifts posted:

Good to hear from you! I think everyone could benefit from a few days of anesthetized sleep, myself included. I'm visiting my mom rn and the spare room doesn't really get dark, and I didn't bring an eye mask, so when the sun wakes up at 6am, so do I. I'm not sure what I'm having for lunch or dinner yet.

B33rChiller

Escape From Noise posted:

unless the bearer can pass a simple proficiency test
They should get on Marty's level.
https://youtu.be/LqIrgdVViB8?si=WG3tHyTdW_r6B_tE

Dude loved Japan so much he got a gig as a cultural ambassador.

Dr. Honked posted:

xcheopis

I don't mean to be political but I believe that immigration should start confiscating large suitcases at the border unless the bearer can pass a simple proficiency test and groups found walking four or more abreast on walkways and in stations should be summarily executed.

Preach! (said the native San Franciscan)

Escape From Noise

Also I hope you are feeling better soon GaG.

Escape From Noise

At least I finally figured out how to get the big, gross yellow sweat stain off my pillowcase before throwing it in the laundry! Soaked it in oxyclean and hot water! Looks way better now!

Awww! Nothing like sleeping in a bed with freshly laundered sheets and pillowcases!

AdvilSmith

Broken! Busted! Everybody has something to repair. Before buying new, let Mighty Putty fix it for you.
Hey yall, it's been a while. Hope everyone is doing alright (I haven't read back through the thread ☹️).

It was my birthday back on 3/31. I turned 37.
Wife and I started a bucket garden that I'm excited about. That's about all for now I guess lol.

thank you RavenousScoot 🤘🐹

xcheopis

Awww! Nothing like sleeping in a bed with freshly laundered sheets and pillowcases!

I usually change bedding every Saturday and it's so very nice! I'd probably change them more often, if only I weren't quite so lazy.

xcheopis

AdvilSmith posted:

Hey yall, it's been a while. Hope everyone is doing alright (I haven't read back through the thread ☹️).

Wife and I started a bucket garden that I'm excited about. That's about all for now I guess lol.

Happy you day!

baka of lathspell

GAG you're awesome

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell

trying to catch up with my favourite brand of pro-wrestling being like ... who are these people. what is that guy doing in the title scene. you there, cut your hair. you there, uncut your hair.

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Glad you're still with us, GaG.

I had to take my car to the shop today but I just needed a new battery. At least the sun came out this afternoon.

Goons Are Gifts

Thank you friends!!! I'm so blessed to have you guys as friends!!! :peanut:

AdvilSmith posted:

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! I mean it should still be your birthday somewhere, but I'm just glad you shared your precious birthday time with us, posting like a superstar!

B33rChiller posted:

Ooh, good morning. I woke up a couple hours early to this pleasant post from GAG, and a txt from my landlord checking if I'm OK, and if I have rent money for him.
Oops!
My landlord isn't like many others. It wasn't an angry text, just "you ok for rent?".
He has rented to me for way below market rates for years now. We were also groomsmen at each other's weddings, and college classmates, and we went to sea onboard the same ship in our first co-op work phase for college together.
I feel pretty lucky.
Woah I'm so jealous of that, I think a few of you guys remember my endless struggles with my literally criminally insane landlady that put me through so much, I mostly got rid of her by now by having my social worker deal with her on any official level, which is great, because she's so crazy you just can't handle her, plus she's insanely greedy, of course was born into great wealth and never had to work at all, so it's almost predetermined that she's gonna be a pain in the butts :argh:

Ass-penny

alnilam posted:

I'm glad to be posting with you GaG :glomp:

happy birthday AdvilSmith

I went to see the band Knower last night with some friends, one of whom I haven't talked to in years. was good to catch up some, take a brisk walk in the rain, good jams, a fun anecdote about how they got their name. then a guy who I apparently played a show with like 10ish years ago recognized me, remembered the name of my old band, and it was was vaguely unusual but it was all love and he didn't seem bothered that I didn't remember him. took today off and I'm chilling with Wumbus. been a good day so far.

xcheopis

Oh, dang. Now I have to sit down and write a letter, a thing I have not done in *mumble* years

https://www.kqed.org/news/11981112/how-tomiquia-moss-newsoms-top-housing-official-plans-to-reduce-homelessness

Finger Prince

I keep seeing those honey dijon flavor kettle chips in the store. Is it just me or does Honey Dijon sound like a drag name?

baka of lathspell

rear end-penny posted:

happy birthday AdvilSmith

I went to see the band Knower last night with some friends, one of whom I haven't talked to in years. was good to catch up some, take a brisk walk in the rain, good jams, a fun anecdote about how they got their name. then a guy who I apparently played a show with like 10ish years ago recognized me, remembered the name of my old band, and it was was vaguely unusual but it was all love and he didn't seem bothered that I didn't remember him. took today off and I'm chilling with Wumbus. been a good day so far.

that sounds fun. i know like one knower song lol

but it's always fun to catch up with people

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

cruft

Dumb Sex-Parrot's av makes me horny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Hi everybody. I have to come up with a whole new architecture for this thing at work and there are a million right ways to do it. It's driving me crazy.

So I'm avoiding thinking about it, and posting here instead.