Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

there's something very very kickstarter about the fact the "london" cup has front and centre a building that was supposed to be the most amazing thing ever, was continually cut down throughout its development, and was abandoned for lack of money and will likely never be completed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
I got my t-shirt and mug and bag from the reading rainbow kickstarter but there's at least one more backer reward waiting to go out

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

this page is full of such bullshit marketing, is it literally a cup that I can use with some sort of digital wallet?

oh, i forgot my wallet and my phone, but I did think to grab my CAFEPAY

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

this page is full of such bullshit marketing, is it literally a cup that I can use with some sort of digital wallet?

oh, i forgot my wallet and my phone, but I did think to grab my CAFEPAY

so something that if you really wanted you could print off the bar code for your starbucks card and tape to the bottom of your cup?

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
i dont have room for such things such as money these days. but im always carrying my retard cup

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
that viking horn cup thing was pretty loving hilarious.

now combine the two

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Ladies! Now you can have literal 'gently caress Me' shoes for the slow-on-the-uptake man in your life!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/volvorii-timeless

:o:

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
it comes in any color you want, as long as it's black

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
how well does an e-ink display hold up when its been jizzed on?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Space-Pope posted:

how well does an e-ink display hold up when its been jizzed on?

Hey now, you're probably triggering some poor kindle developer who had to roadtest 'The 50 Shades Problem' :smith:

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
BUT... BUT I AM A GUY

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

lol gawker, but http://gizmodo.com/one-of-indiegogos-biggest-successes-is-getting-sued-for-1699188819

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/secretlabs/agent-the-worlds-smartest-watch/comments

kickstarter is a wonderful grave of smartwatches

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

what happened with the record-breaking 3D printer that got millions and millions and ended up having to deliver 300000% as many units as they expected because it was ridiculously cheap?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

refleks posted:

what happened with the record-breaking 3D printer that got millions and millions and ended up having to deliver 300000% as many units as they expected because it was ridiculously cheap?

the form1 rook a bit longer, but shipped all units and got good reviews

dunno if that's the one you're thinking of

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

refleks posted:

probably like most hardware kickstarters that get a ton of extra money - they try to do a complete redesign because "hey we've got the money, lets make it perfect!" and it ends up being a textbook example of Second System Effect until they piss away the money and have nothing to show for it

Sweevo fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 22, 2015

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Nah it was this one:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/m3d/the-micro-the-first-truly-consumer-3d-printer/description

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

I see a shitload of renders, not a lot of product
https://printm3d.com/themicro/

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

carbon fiber rods huh, $349?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shazback posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/forrestmaready/crosstap-universal-typing-software-from-the-future

Im tyhpnig from mi phonf at oven 100 wpm!

The real pro-click is the "speed compare" video where he has hard-coded the test sentence into the program. Typing "The quick red fox jumped over the lazy brown dog" has NEVER been so easy!

25 years ago we literally made loving lawn darts illegal because one child may have gotten hurt, somewhere, once

today we openly allow companies to encourage people to text and drive in a 4500 pound honda civic with zero visibility

lmao

we deserve death

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1156638557/xocamm?ref=category

"What is the first question you ask your friends and family when they announce their engagement? How/where/what! The excitment is on over load. Now imagine using the xocamm ring case and being able to share and see those special moments via social media and online all over the world at a click of a button."

get fukt

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

refleks posted:

"What is the first question you ask your friends and family when they announce their engagement? How/where/what! The excitment is on over load. Now imagine using the xocamm ring case and being able to share and see those special moments via social media and online all over the world at a click of a button."

get fukt

lmao nerds don't understand

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jonny 290 posted:

25 years ago we literally made loving lawn darts illegal because one child may have gotten hurt, somewhere, once

quote:

The darts--heavy, metal-tipped objects tossed into rings in the grass--are not supposed to be used by children without adult supervision. Eighteen years ago the federal government wrote that into law, declaring they could not be sold in toy stores and had to carry danger-to-kids labels. However, many stores and manufacturers have ignored the regulations.

Snow, a 40-year-old aerospace production supervisor, knew nothing of this when a dart thrown by another child sailed into his front lawn last April and embedded itself in Michelle's brain. He didn't even know he owned the darts. They had come in a package containing other, safer games. The warning label on the package was tiny. He hadn't seen it.

Snow's well-publicized crusade took off quickly. Under his pressure, the commission last summer revealed that lawn darts had sent nearly 5,000 children to hospital emergency rooms during the last decade. It also conducted a study that confirmed widespread marketing violations

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
From December 2012 to December 2013, at least 100 children were killed in unintentional shootings — almost two each week, 61 percent higher than federal data reflect.
About two-thirds of these unintended deaths — 65 percent — took place in a home or vehicle that belonged to the victim’s family, most often with guns that were legally owned but not secured.
More than two-thirds of these tragedies could be avoided if gun owners stored their guns responsibly and prevented children from accessing them.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
:911:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Jonny 290 posted:

From December 2012 to December 2013, at least 100 children were killed in unintentional shootings — almost two each week, 61 percent higher than federal data reflect.
About two-thirds of these unintended deaths — 65 percent — took place in a home or vehicle that belonged to the victim’s family, most often with guns that were legally owned but not secured.
More than two-thirds of these tragedies could be avoided if gun owners stored their guns responsibly and prevented children from accessing them.

what if your child needs to shoot some black people though

cant throw a lawn dart at 'em

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

uncurable mlady posted:

what if your child needs to shoot some black people though

cant throw a lawn dart at 'em

negroes paradox

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

but what about intentional shootings

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

refleks posted:

get fukt

does it also have a little speaker that plays "every breath you take" when your beloved opens the box

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Soricidus posted:

does it also have a little speaker that plays "every breath you take" when your beloved opens the box

stretch goal found.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

today we openly allow companies to encourage people to text and drive in a 4500 pound honda civic with zero visibility

lmao

we deserve death

but its big govt and political correctness gone mad

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
americans cant be trusted with kinder eggs, loving lol

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

if we see a food like substance it is going into our mouth immediately

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

if we see a food like substance it is going into our mouth immediately

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
when i was younger I got a huge kinder egg for easter, and the toy inside was a polo hammer you could assemble along with a ball

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Valeyard posted:

when i was younger I got a huge kinder egg for easter, and the toy inside was a polo hammer you could assemble along with a ball

same...

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Valeyard posted:

americans cant be trusted with kinder eggs, loving lol

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal
apparently we can't be trusted with Christmas crackers either because of ~~choking hazards~~

the helicopter parent world is a depressing one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

bucketmouse posted:

apparently we can't be trusted with Christmas crackers either because of ~~choking hazards~~

the helicopter parent world is a depressing one

uh the kinder eggs is due to like a century old law that was implemented because cakes would be stuffed with rags and such things so that food sellers could rip people off. weren't many helicopter parents in fuckin 1905 when child labor was still legal.

also christmas crackers can be bought at fuckin target they just aren't popular (largely because they're overpriced and most of america can just go buy real fireworks or drive an hour across the state line to buy fireworks).

• Locked thread