Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
i think umatrix actually loving works and is blocking google's tracking, because recaptcha has become significantly harder for me after i started using it. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Wheany posted:

i think umatrix actually loving works and is blocking google's tracking, because recaptcha has become significantly harder for me after i started using it. :toot:

or you are aging and can't solve captcha reliably

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

cinci zoo sniper posted:

:smith:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i sometimes get the one where you have to identify cars or roads when im using private browsing

theyre annoying as heck, they seem to keep going on forever

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Google is using you to classify images that it will use to train its machine learning. we've reached the stage where you are training your replacement in exchange for free services

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Powaqoatse posted:

i sometimes get the one where you have to identify cars or roads when im using private browsing

google ai:

JavaScript code:

var isHuman=!!request.cookie;

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Powaqoatse posted:

it goes on forever if you don't nail it. the worst are the lasso tool ones imo

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

hearty chuckle at the idea that goog actually thinks they're going to train cars using captcha

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
just got pushed the new google calendar ui. I think it actually might be functionally better but it looks like a plaything for a childe

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

The Management posted:

Google is using you to classify images that it will use to train its machine learning. we've reached the stage where you are training your replacement in exchange for free services

ya i know thats their intent

its just annoying that they throw the extra bullshit captchas at you if you use adblockers & browse anonymously

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Powaqoatse posted:

ya i know thats their intent

its just annoying that they throw the extra bullshit captchas at you if you use adblockers & browse anonymously

hmm, why would an adverting company want to make ad blocking and anonymous browsing less convenient?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

cinci zoo sniper posted:

captcha and cloudflare are funny cuz on my phone they're just like

"checking to see if you're a person?"

"you are a person aren't you?"

poo poo's lazy

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
i intentionally give correct enough but wrong answers and so should you. gently caress google

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

The Management posted:

hmm, why would an adverting company want to make ad blocking and anonymous browsing less convenient?

dude wtf im not asking why im complaining

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

qirex posted:

hearty chuckle at the idea that goog actually thinks they're going to train cars using captcha
maybe not self-driving cars but probably google maps cars

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

please highlight the squares that contain horrified, screaming onlookers

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

google car ai researchers suffer setback when they realize their zero pedestrian contact record was performed on a disused "crazy taxi" arcade machine

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
It makes me angrier than it should when captcha asks me to click squares containing street signs then marks wrong squares that are less than 100% sign.

Seriously, define your loving terms better then.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

It didn't ask for partial street signs did it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
did it ask for "all the squares that contain street signs" or "all the squares that contain a street sign"

i'll bet it's not using either phrase literally

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

infernal machines posted:

did it ask for "all the squares that contain street signs" or "all the squares that contain a street sign"

i'll bet it's not using either phrase literally

Only registered members can see post attachments!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
so technically only the 3rd and 4th row, 2nd column and 4th row 3rd column

and even then, that's assuming it accepts "partial street signs"

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

so technically only the 3rd and 4th row, 2nd column and 4th row 3rd column

and even then, that's assuming it accepts "partial street signs"

4th row, 3rd column also has two.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yes, that's in the post you quoted...

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

yes, that's in the post you quoted...

:justpost:

But it would reject that, it's only looking for R2C2 and R3C2.

It's very aggravating.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The two prominent ones are the ones most nonspergs would pick hth

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Blue Train posted:

YOSPOS, bithc.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Blue Train posted:

hypothetically, what's the difference between a nonsperg and a bot that can't accurately process the question/image?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the answer is clearly (2,1), (2,2), (2,3) and (3,1)

you morons

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it says "signs"

signs is the plural for sign. if they wanted squares with just one, they'd say so, right?

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Just pages and pages of nerds getting furious they can't pass an anti-robot test.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the square could contain all or part of one or more road sign(s)

jfc

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

that's not what is says though

i mean if this is waht google is using to train their image recognition, no wonder they keep getting into accidents

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I keep refreshing until I get one with only one square to push/an exceedingly clear text box

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

THC posted:

the answer is clearly (2,1), (2,2), (2,3) and (3,1)

you morons

traffic lights are signs :smug:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

that's not what is says though

i mean if this is waht google is using to train their image recognition, no wonder they keep getting into accidents

"select all squares with street signs" means "any square that contains anything that is recognizable as part of a street sign." there are four squares that meet that criterion.

if google is not accurately processing all four squares as the answer, they hosed up.

if you have trouble understanding what the question means, go gently caress yourself

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i know for a fact they're not processing all four squares as the answer because i've run into exactly that question before and had it give me like five more afterwards.

i'm being pedantic as a joke because their captcha poo poo is busted

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
bunch of spergs can’t pass test to detect humans

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

The Management posted:

bunch of spergs can’t write a test to detect humans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

just got pushed the new google calendar ui. I think it actually might be functionally better but it looks like a plaything for a childe

new calendar ui is genuinely good and surprisingly didnt lose some critical feature along the way

v. ungoogly if you ask me

• Locked thread