Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Maybe the price is deliberately a bit high in the experimental version and it'll drop later when they've settled on it? It does have BS5 and a 5+ invulnerable save too, I don't know how well that stacks up against a Mortis or a Rifleman Contemptor though.

Also my housemate just pointed something out to me from the GW site:

Necron Datacards Page posted:

This set of Datacards contains 7 large-format cards detailing the Powers of the C’tan, the psychic powers from Codex: Necrons. There are 6 powers on individual cards and the seventh card explains how to use them.

So, are they actually psychic powers, or is this just incorrect prose from the copywriters? It'd be weird for Necrons to have actual psychic powers...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

Reynold posted:

Ugh. Necron datacards sold out already. Gonna gamble on a preorder from my FLGS. They forgot to call me the last 5 times I went through them, so I guess we will see what happens.

Got mine from the Aus webstore just then...........I feel dirty paying Aus prices for anything these days from GW.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It's not weird for C'Tan to have psychic powers. That is weird wording though, usually Psychic Powers have a Primary. Voted terrible editing mistake.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jan 24, 2015

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Yes, it wouldn't be weird for the beings who are completely disconnected from the warp to have psychic powers.

It's a copy editing mistake.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah, you're right that would be weird. I forgot they were opposite the Old Ones and like anti-warp or whatever.

I wonder if it's to much to hope that the Necron's will get a lot of anti psyker weaponry or wargear similar to the Dark Eldar wargear.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Gloom prisms are pretty good.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
That new Overlord looks quite nice. They seem to have dropped the price from the latest plastic characters too.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Yes, it wouldn't be weird for the beings who are completely disconnected from the warp to have psychic powers.

They could be just using the rules framework for pyskers and psychic powers and stuff and not reinventing the wheel and all that jazz. I mean tyranids aren't part of the warp they are just manifesting the Hive minds will and stuff. Of course this is all speculative at this point.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The rules have been stated in white dwarf as pick a unit, then roll randomly or draw a card to see what happens to that unit which I have no doubt means that a roll of 1 will mean that the C'Tan buffs the unit or something crazy. Hopefully it's offset by the powers being insane.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

MasterSlowPoke posted:

So... Tau psykers confirmed? :v:

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

panascope posted:

I'm not him but I live in Vancouver and am always down to meet more players. Hixson, koreban and I play regularly with a couple other guys and Bulbasaur comes up 3-4 times a year to play too.

Oh poo poo and you're new? drat kid, :getin:

Awww crap. That means I've probably seen you fuckers around. So much for my "Never meet Goons IRL" ethic :cripes:.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Major Spag posted:

Awww crap. That means I've probably seen you fuckers around. So much for my "Never meet Goons IRL" ethic :cripes:.

This is literally me irl:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Hollismason posted:

I wonder if it's to much to hope that the Necron's will get a lot of anti psyker weaponry or wargear similar to the Dark Eldar wargear.

If you were going to hope for something like that wouldn't you hope for it to actually be good instead?

Also, drat The Tomb Awakened is actually a pretty good deal. Not used to GW bundles being discounted, let alone a $40 one. How many points would that be in the old codex?

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Also, drat The Tomb Awakened is actually a pretty good deal. Not used to GW bundles being discounted, let alone a $40 one. How many points would that be in the old codex?

820 points without figuring in upgrades.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Can anyone suggest a Death Guard/Nurgle Daemon list? I'd like the centrepiece to be a converted Knight, at least a unit of plague marines and terminators as they were my favourite models when I was younger.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

ijyt posted:

Can anyone suggest a Death Guard/Nurgle Daemon list? I'd like the centrepiece to be a converted Knight, at least a unit of plague marines and terminators as they were my favourite models when I was younger.

What point value are you shooting for? Chaos Terminators are relatively lackluster, though they do have some uses. Plague Marines and MoN Obliterators are very solid, as are MoN Chaos Spawn and MoN Chaos Lords on bikes. I suppose it depends on how competitive you want to make the list but you really can't go wrong just sprinkling from any Nurgle unit entry you like the look of.

Same goes for Chaos Daemons, really. Take a Great Unclean one so you have an excuse to get one of those awesome new End Times Nurgle monsters from the Fantasy line.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Necron codex is out there in the wild.

quote:

1. Reanimation protocol changed like Fantasy's ward save. Can be used at Instant Death.
2. Resurrection orb now gives reroll of current phase's protocol. One use only.
3. Lychguard and Praetorian guard's point value almost halved.
4. Invul save of lychguard now same as storm shield. But no reflection.
5. Praetorian's magic stick's range increased to 12"
6. Triarch stalker now have ability which increasing nearby unit's BS.
7. At start of Each turn, Nemesor Zandrek pick one of the Warlord trait of Codex or rulebook and use it until next turn.
8. He still applies nearby enemy unit's special rule to himself.
9. All the fliers nerfed. Point increase and Weapon's power decrease.
10. Cryptek is now HQ slot.
11. Mss got serious nerf.

Dude posted a picture of the hardbook cover, so I'm willing to listen.

Lychguards seem like clear winners in those changes, with res orbs hosed.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jan 24, 2015

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

PierreTheMime posted:

What point value are you shooting for? Chaos Terminators are relatively lackluster, though they do have some uses. Plague Marines and MoN Obliterators are very solid, as are MoN Chaos Spawn and MoN Chaos Lords on bikes. I suppose it depends on how competitive you want to make the list but you really can't go wrong just sprinkling from any Nurgle unit entry you like the look of.

Same goes for Chaos Daemons, really. Take a Great Unclean one so you have an excuse to get one of those awesome new End Times Nurgle monsters from the Fantasy line.

Probably around 1000 to start with, then up to 2000 once I have it painted. Mostly I just really like the look of the forgeworld terminator bits.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

ijyt posted:

Probably around 1000 to start with, then up to 2000 once I have it painted. Mostly I just really like the look of the forgeworld terminator bits.

I startedd my death guard around 2008. I bought the forgeworld Nurgle terminator upgrade kit as one of my first purchases. I've still not painted them or used them in a game.

plague marines are just as tough with their 3+ and fnp and are fearless.

That said a small unit with combi meltas is an ok option.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

That's a shame, they look so neat. I suppose I can substitute them for Obliterators. The whole army's future balances on how well I can convert a daemon prince into a nurgle prince. :v:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
MoN terminators are cool and you should use them.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

ijyt posted:

That's a shame, they look so neat. I suppose I can substitute them for Obliterators. The whole army's future balances on how well I can convert a daemon prince into a nurgle prince. :v:

I typically run two squads of plague marines with double plasma guns, with a plasma pistol and power fist on the champ. They always tank a shitload of damage and beat the crap out of enough stuff to make them points back. I will also always run a heldrake and two units of chaos spawn with the Mark of Nurgle, making them difficult to wound. past that, I've got the same nurgle terminator kit and have been waiting until I finish more of my backlog of models to get to making up a unit with either combi-plasma or meltaguns.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Mango Polo posted:

Necron codex is out there in the wild.

Dude posted a picture of the hardbook cover, so I'm willing to listen.

Lychguards seem like clear winners in those changes, with res orbs hosed.

Troll or not, do you know if tesla has gotten nerfed?

Also Resurrection protocols had it coming.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
If Res orbs are 1 per army one use only they're pretty hosed, if they're just a one use only item that's not to bad. I don't think anyone is surprised at the point increases for the fliers, we all knew that was coming and we weren't going to keep a 100 point flying troop transport.

Stat Changes but it's from Natfka although probably reliable at this point.

Overlords (and the other special character overlords)- WS and BS 5 instead
of 4
Lords - 2 wounds instead of 1
Cryptek - 2 wounds instead of 1
Orikan the Diviner- once the change in stats happens, it remains for the
entire game!
Flayed ones - same stats but now have 2 weapons (flayer claws, AP5, shred)
so have 4 attacks total.
Triarch praetorians - 2 attacks instead of 1.
Canoptek Wraiths - Toughness 5 instead of 4
Destroyers (both versions) - 2 wounds instead of 1 (finally)
Obelisk - 14 AV all around, instead of 12.

The Phase shifter, which is now 4+ inv save instead of 3+, states
specifically that it doesnt work on the catacomb Barge, just the Overlord,
so no more jackass rules interpretation.

Death Ray - now is 24" S10, AP1, Heavy 1, Blast, Lance
Doomsday cannon, +1 strength to both profiles (so 8/10)

If these are true Flayed ones aren't that bad if they get some kind of a minor point reduction, 4 attacks, Shred, and RP isn't terrible.

Doomsday Cannon getting a buff is pretty cool. ST8 ST10 hopefully they change some more stats on it. 2 Wound Destroyers means their gonna probably see more play. Canoptek Wraiths T5 that's interesting.

Really hope Tomb Blades get a buff of some sort.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jan 24, 2015

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Reynold posted:

I typically run two squads of plague marines with double plasma guns, with a plasma pistol and power fist on the champ. They always tank a shitload of damage and beat the crap out of enough stuff to make them points back. I will also always run a heldrake and two units of chaos spawn with the Mark of Nurgle, making them difficult to wound. past that, I've got the same nurgle terminator kit and have been waiting until I finish more of my backlog of models to get to making up a unit with either combi-plasma or meltaguns.

Sounds like the perfect units to start with, apart for the Heldrake not too expensive either.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Does anyone know what this miniature was from and if it is still produced?

http://www.coolminiornot.com/188251

I assume its an OoP model, but it would be perfect for the honour guard detachment I'm putting together.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Lord Twisted posted:

I assume its an OoP model, but it would be perfect for the honour guard detachment I'm putting together.

I think it's from one of the 4th-5th edition metal veterans boxes. Can't remember which one specifically.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I think it's from one of the metal Veteran boxes GW used to produce, but it doesn't appear to be on the site any more.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

serious gaylord posted:

That new Overlord looks quite nice. They seem to have dropped the price from the latest plastic characters too.

It does look real nice, but I don't know how much better it looks than the one from the Command Barge. For $9 more you get a pimpin chariot to ride around in, or you can build it the other way.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Lord Twisted posted:

Devlan is right. It's not produced anymore as far as I know, it was sold in blisters of two as Veteran Sergeants, don't remember if it every got a boxed set.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

So with the new Necrons also being on 32mm bases, I wonder if that suggests a trend of every army being rebased or just the larger ones. Keeping Tau/IG/Eldar on 25mm bases would make sense as they're physically smaller but I wonder if they'll do it for Orks etc. too.

e: Woah, I just learned about the weird oval bases in Deathstorm. Weird.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I suspect small dudes like Guard and Eldar will stay the same. Orks may change, at least the Nobz as they barely fit on their bases currently, but it's probably only 'big' infantry that will change, similar to WHFB.

Weird oval bases are probably GW finally realising other companies make resin bases that are the same size as theirs and trying to make things awkward.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Post 9-11 User posted:

Devlan is right. It's not produced anymore as far as I know, it was sold in blisters of two as Veteran Sergeants, don't remember if it every got a boxed set.

There's one on ebay at the moment but it's £20 :/

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Apparently this is the C'tan table:

quote:

All powers are 24" except the Tesseract Vault which has a range of 48". Tesseract Vault powers are are the same strength and ap, but longer ranged and other changes noted below.

1. Powers of the C'tan
Antimatter Meteor -S8 AP3 lg blast
-Tesseract Vault Apoc Blast

2. Cosmic Fire - S6 AP4 lg blast ignores cover
-Tesseract Vault Apoc blast ignores cover

3. Seismic Assault - S6 AP4 assault 10 strikedown
-Tesseract Vault Assault 20 strikedown

4. Sky of Falling Stars - S7 AP4 assault 3 lg blast barrage
-Tesseract Vault assault 6 apoc barrage

5. Time's Arrow - SD AP1 precision shot
-Tesseract Vault assault 2 precision shots

6. Transdimensional Thunderbolt -S9 AP1 Tesla
-Tesseract Vault assault 2 Tesla

*Tesla: When firing this weapon a to hit roll of 6 causes 2 extra hits. Snap shots dont do extra hits.

e: Decurion stuff:

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jan 24, 2015

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I really hope you roll before picking a target, or my prediction may come true!

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Zark the Damned posted:

I really hope you roll before picking a target, or my prediction may come true!

The C'tan article is pretty clear: pick a target, roll for power, cry. In that order.
It wouldn't be the first time WD gets a rule wrong though, so I guess there's still that hope.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So would that be the first non-LoW with a Str D weapon?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

The only thing stopping me getting Necrons is that I'm already painting a metallic army, and can't be hosed doing NMM (even though chrome toasters would be totally rad).

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Imperial Knights got one on their giant chainsword, so no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Vortex of Doom is Strength D, and in theory anyone with access to Sanctic can get it. But yeah, this is definitely a bit of an unusual example. Unless there's something we don't know (two rolls on the table each turn somehow since you can fire two guns, a way to get a reroll, roll then pick target, etc) then the C'tan are garbage. At least 1/3 of the shots will be pretty much 100% wasted against any given target, which is far too high of a "miss" ratio for an expensive model like that.

• Locked thread