Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
The D300 torment is kicking my rear end, I always wipe before I can get mitigation up. The 200 and 250 fights were easy in comparison. What the hell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Which one are you having issues with? Both have multiple foes to deal with but Tactics is definitely more insistent on you getting up mitigation. It's why I tend to stick Orlandeau's RM3 on some relevant person like Tyro (for Wall) or a healer with a BSB (for Protectga and then Shellga).

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

1st AD posted:

The D300 torment is kicking my rear end, I always wipe before I can get mitigation up. The 200 and 250 fights were easy in comparison. What the hell?

Belias? I've done it with literally just proshellga and one instance of magic blink. Are you trying to CM it or simply clear it? What party are you bringing?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
How do you deal with Warmech doing HP = 1 bullshit and then doing AoE defense ignore attack next turn MULTIPLE TIMES IN A ROW during the same fight?

I only have 2 Vanille BSB RWs and once those are gone that's it. Am I just getting bad RNG or what because this poo poo is infuriating.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Elephant Ambush posted:

How do you deal with Warmech doing HP = 1 bullshit and then doing AoE defense ignore attack next turn MULTIPLE TIMES IN A ROW during the same fight?

I only have 2 Vanille BSB RWs and once those are gone that's it. Am I just getting bad RNG or what because this poo poo is infuriating.

Use something like Guardian Mog(?) that is an instant cast AOE curaga+last stand? That way if he gets off a hit (or rather, you let him get off a hit) the last stand kicks in and you immediately fire the SB again to heal as well as refresh last stand.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Elephant Ambush posted:

Use Ovelia's or Ysh's BSB instead. CMD 1 is instant cast with those.

Edit: Are you using Power Breakdown + Fullbreak? Consider bringing a third source of -attack, 6* thief isn't behind a gacha wall.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Aug 14, 2017

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

KPC_Mammon posted:

Use a Ovelia's or Ysh's BSB instead. CMD 1 is instant cast with those.

This was the key. I was using Ovelia but I kept freaking out and having her call Vanille BSB RW instead of her own BSB and her command 1 shut that bullshit down.

And now I'm 1 5* Spirit mote away from completing Agrias' Legend dive. :mad:

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thanks for the update on Ultima and Neo Bahamut. I think I'll make Valigarmanda. I already have Meltdown honed once and it's awesome.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

this no spirit motes thing is getting stupid.

Elephant Ambush posted:

it's a really good fight for relm's burst. last stand and an instant cast st heal? yeah that's the stuff

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Don't let it stay in Omnegator for that long. It doesn't do HP=1 followed by AOE attacks until turn 5 of an Omnegator phase. Bring more Thunder abilities/SBs, especially ones with fast cast speed like Lightning BSB2, Shantoto BSB, or Marach BSB.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Mateus seems to have been the easiest Torment I've tried thus far, though to be fair his relatively low HP goes extremely well with Ashe OSB and Durandal. At this point I just need to find how to squeeze in more FF12 people for the 300 CM (probably Penelo and Vayne with Faith/Memento Mori), and to take down the 200 CM. Short Fuse is a bit of a shocker if one is not expecting it, but at least I've got two healing SSBs to throw around for that 200 CM.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

NGDBSS posted:

Mateus seems to have been the easiest Torment I've tried thus far, though to be fair his relatively low HP goes extremely well with Ashe OSB and Durandal. At this point I just need to find how to squeeze in more FF12 people for the 300 CM (probably Penelo and Vayne with Faith/Memento Mori), and to take down the 200 CM. Short Fuse is a bit of a shocker if one is not expecting it, but at least I've got two healing SSBs to throw around for that 200 CM.

Mateus was indeed very easy for me, even with no Ashe relics. My XII synergy otherwise is pretty strong though, so I fielded a Thunder mage team (Garnet/Vivi with Vayne RWing Marach BSB) with Penelo/Larsa for debuffs and heals. The incoming damage was extremely manageable with ice resist - Short Fuse Blizzajas did about ~2.5k total to everyone and was almost immediately patched up by Penelo.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Ice resist is something I'd love to have more of, honestly (only three accessories besides Lucky Dice), but as it turns out my major issue on the 300 CM was in squeezing out enough damage. Eventually I managed to free up some slots by pulling out the Witch's Hat for the third magic buff, so Chain Thundaga on Vayne and Alexander on Tyro allowed me to barely squeak by.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

That never happened during my fight, so that's how. (Major regen and debuff)

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

iamsosmrt posted:

Belias? I've done it with literally just proshellga and one instance of magic blink. Are you trying to CM it or simply clear it? What party are you bringing?

Yeah, trying to CM it - my synergy is loving awesome in FFT, but I tend to wipe within 2 turns.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
I lost count but I think Dullahan AoE stop lasted for five of his turns my melee team. Healer got out a bit sooner but it was still interesting to watch.

Shame he couldn't outdps major regen that ticked during stop but that was a respectable attempt at cheese from the bad guy.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

1st AD posted:

Yeah, trying to CM it - my synergy is loving awesome in FFT, but I tend to wipe within 2 turns.

Might I ask, who specifically do you have relics for? My FFT synergy's pretty weird. Not weak, but I have jack poo poo for Holy so I relied entirely on Cloud and his USB to be my DPS. I will say, Ovelia with her proshellga SSB and magic blink SSB, plus reverse wall was enough to consistently get me to the point where the archies end the battle (about 5-6 turns in) if you don't kill them in time.

The CM party I brought, just for reference:
Cloud (USB, BSB2)
Alphinaud (SSB, BSB)
Ramza (USB, BSB)
Ovelia (both SSBs)
Mustadio (BSB)

If you have Ramza, Agrias (BSB) , and Orlandeau Relics, you should be able to outperform me pretty easily, especially if you have a much better healer and extra support character from out of realm.

In a related note, I put together an easy FFT farming team today:
Cloud (USB, BSB2)
Alphinaud (SSB, BSB)
Ramza (USB)
Fang (BSB)
Y'shtola (SSII, BSB)
RW Zack CSB

Putting TGCids RMIII on Y'shtola has made defense trivial, and the three wind users--along with exploiting Ramza's instacast--make short work of Belias in about 5 turns.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

I lost count but I think Dullahan AoE stop lasted for five of his turns my melee team. Healer got out a bit sooner but it was still interesting to watch.

Shame he couldn't outdps major regen that ticked during stop but that was a respectable attempt at cheese from the bad guy.

Yeah, poor 'Han just doesn't have what it takes. Hasting himself on his next turn was a nice try though.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
He stopped all my characters for an eternity three times and I still won. I have Terra's enfire SSB and her OSB, and between that and her meltdowns he eventually ate it. Had a lot more HP than I expected, though.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Huh... upcoming in-app announcements says that we're going to get the Nemesis raid battle tonight... for some reason. So, hey, that's neat.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Alxprit posted:

Huh... upcoming in-app announcements says that we're going to get the Nemesis raid battle tonight... for some reason. So, hey, that's neat.

If I remember well, the Nemesis Raid was originally another addition to the Maw of Despair Event in JP but I guess it got pushed back to pad out more of August...

That said, I hope the Sephiroth Raid and its 60 5* Spirit Motes don't get pushed back as hard as Nemesis'.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
I think my MP crew was the first goon squad to crack Nemesis Apex (and on our very first attempt!). Sadly, we nearly got completely hosed at the end, but Vaan is cool and good and stood his ground while our Radiant Shield brought Nemesis down. Shoutouts to bladeworksmaster, waytogosteve, and Laif.

I'm posting this now, because a much better post from another goon squad is probably coming soon!

Lyndon LaRouche fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Aug 16, 2017

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Do solo raids always use stamina regardless of whether you finish? I was loving around a bit with Nemesis, drat near beat him with radiant shield but almost lost due to doom. Instead of s/ling, I decided to tinker when I noticed 60 stamina gone.

Wound up getting a decent pubbie group to beat the 255.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

paperwind posted:

I think my MP crew was the first goon squad to crack Nemesis Apex (and on our very first attempt!). Sadly, we nearly got completely hosed at the end, but Vaan is cool and good and stood his ground while our Radiant Shield brought Nemesis down. Shoutouts to bladeworksmaster, waytogosteve, and Laif.

I'm posting this now, because a much better post from another goon squad is probably coming soon!

Thanks bud, always fun to be a part of the proceedings.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
With new Wayfarer missions giving us 10 mythril to create skills, I went ahead and pulled on the second FF7 banner.

:toot:

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Huh, JP Luckies hadn't been treating me well recently but I'm glad I pulled on that White Mage one last night.

4/11 for Yuna BSB2, Eiko BSB, Ceodore BSB and Porom BSB, none of which are dupes. :toot:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Been continuously pulling on FF7 banner the past few days and have gotten Vincent's SSB and LM. Small doublecast fire chance with an EnFire is neat, shame that EnFire wasn't his USB instead but what are ya gonna do. Maybe I could combine with a doublecast black RM for maximum burninate.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
These new wayfarer quests are bogus. I already have all those skills. :frogout:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

NaanViolence posted:

These new wayfarer quests are bogus. I already have all those skills. :frogout:

Yeah, I made the abilities then threw them out

except entrust...i shattered an R2 entrust for that mythril

no regrets

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

so it turns out, under Cloud USB effect, Sky High cannot break the damage cap

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

Koobes posted:

It worked for me on the III torment. I wonder what changed.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Beat Nemesis Apex solo. I think he's significantly easier this time personally. That countdown before his final phase was so helpful lol. Also was nice to have steroid Vaan. And be able to take Larsa in as my healer and not have to worry about realm penalties.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Koobes posted:

Update: this is limited to Garuda apparently, and replicatable. I was able to have it break the cap on the FFT Torment. Weird interaction with Jump attacks I guess :shrug:

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Koobes posted:

Update: this is limited to Garuda apparently, and replicatable. I was able to have it break the cap on the FFT Torment. Weird interaction with Jump attacks I guess :shrug:
Most likely it has to do with the programming that makes jump attacks deal 1.5x damage to Garuda; I'd wager that the bonus damage flag accidentally overrides the instruction that would call Cloud USB in the first place. Doubtless the sequence of events that determines damage values was just arcane enough that DeNA didn't immediately notice.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
180 Garuda was impossible for my weak team when the last III event was up some 3 months ago or so. That was the CoD introduction event. The A-team was at 70 or something.

Revenge! How does that Sky High from Luneth taste? What about Dash and Slashes from a full LD Vaan? OK's OSB hit for 55k after Vaancalypse hit.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gave in and pulled on Vincent's banner...1/11...Shulk's BSB. It's my first pentabreak and seems pretty good.

After that I tried the apoc+ Shulk fight I've been putting off. Mastered it by the skin of my teeth, and it was a beautiful thing.

With Shout + Chant + Eiko BSB up OK used Onion Slice and Shulk used her BSB before everyone except Cloud died the next turn. Cloud was at death's door but finished it off with an 8x crit Cloud Cycle.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

lol this jump in difficulty between the 2nd and 3rd Nemesis fight is pretty ridiculous.

I really need to get some more last stand / blink relics. Of course it's vit motes stuck behind this thing, it feels like trolling at this point the way they keep putting all the motes global is starved for behind the hardest content.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
Do the rebirth dungeons come back around or are they a one-off event?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Today I decided to go through my roster and pump all of my 65+ characters with as many 3* motes as I could. After running out of vit and spirit motes, I still had 355 wisdom, 618 bravery, and 1419 dex motes to spare.

For the love of god dena, let us exchange these things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

:hellyeah:, beat Apex Nemesis with pubbies today. Only two sources of last stand too, which surprised me, but they were Yuna USB (mine) and Selphie USB, which compliment each other pretty much perfectly for avoiding redundancy while still keeping everyone on their feet as much as possible. Special shoutout to the dude spamming Cloud and Terra OSBs to help beat out the doom timer at the end.

• Locked thread