Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3

New Zealand can eat me posted:

This guy killed me through a window, through a door, from over 600 meters away. He kills the one other guy left in school a few rooms over and a floor down at the very end of the clip

https://clips.twitch.tv/PoisedOpenCodSoonerLater

I had such a nice start, too :smith:

I'd be mad :colbert:

It happens in team TPP too; seems like there is way more on NA servers than EU/AS servers for the people I play with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Is there a penalty to accuracy if I don't zero my sights and just manually use the other marks on the scopes?

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Nah, it's personal preference. Also, I'm streaming some games

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Parallel Playa posted:

Nah, it's personal preference. Also, I'm streaming some games

I thought that was you. Ironically enough, I just unfollowed you last night because I hadn't seen a notification from you in months.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Yeah, tonight's the first time in over a month that I launch the game and it shows :(

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

goddamn, I just spent a few minutes watching shroud's stream. He dropped Pochinky, got downed in a fist fight by a stream sniper, then at least 4 other dudes ran around and let him kill them after he got rezzed. He turned on in-game voice and it was a nuthouse. Just people yelling his name, playing techno, It was a loving mad house.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Stole this from Moonsha, but, E-sports ready.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwZ_NUruGTM&t=301s

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Why don't they make the whole plane out of the stairs? /seinfeld

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
So after failing to hit like 2 people at near point blank yesterday I decided to drop on the school for the first time ever and not only did I survive, I ended up killing 3 players and made it all the way to the endgame in one go. :v:

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

VulgarandStupid posted:

Stole this from Moonsha, but, E-sports ready.

laughing at things that have the wrong numbers is kinda your deal isnt it

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
goty

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

It was announced that there would be a patch at this time.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

daslog posted:

It was announced that there would be a patch at this time.

Read the version numbers

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Screenshot was to highlight the patch numbers aren't in the order you'd expect. I'm guessing the client patch is just a little ahead of the server patch is all.

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

I had to read this like 3 times when it popped up on my game to make sure I wasn't imagining it.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

ChesterJT posted:

Read the version numbers

In Korea, the numbers increment backwards.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Got murdered by a cheated the other day. He was full auto on an SKS from hundreds of meters away, killing everyone (including my squad) instantly.

What's even the fun at that point?

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Recording it so you can share it with friends

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Got murdered by a cheated the other day. He was full auto on an SKS from hundreds of meters away, killing everyone (including my squad) instantly.

What's even the fun at that point?

No why

Dryb
Jul 30, 2007

What did I do?
Every once in a while you get lucky and kill them. Treasure these moments forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdnYkpbm7bk

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Dryb posted:

Every once in a while you get lucky and kill them. Treasure these moments forever.

Did you talk mad poo poo when you toggled it back to all voice

Dryb
Jul 30, 2007

What did I do?

Xenaero posted:

Did you talk mad poo poo when you toggled it back to all voice

Nah I died 2 seconds later to his friend hacking with a revolver.

I think I fat fingered it when I was messing with auto/single.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
This game is complex, lots of strategies, lots of potential guides, a massive player base, stats and number crunching etc.

Is there a less informative subreddit than r/pubg for a game of this substance? Apart from the stickied map every post is either a shitpost, complaint about hackers or a Shroud clip.

Also, for a game that is consistently the most played on Steam, the amount of traffic/upvotes on that subreddit is staggeringly low.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
A VERY large portion of this game is from non English speaking countries. The last numbers I saw had China at 43% of the total player base and rising fast.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

also r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS is the main one, never heard of r/pubg before

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

What?

Anyway, listened to the Giant Bomb discussion about the game and why they cheat, and they were saying that the cheaters get kills for points so they can buy stupid poo poo with BP that they then sell on steam for money. I don't know if that's the case. I didn't think you could turn steam dollars into real dollars but who the gently caress knows anymore

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

What?

Anyway, listened to the Giant Bomb discussion about the game and why they cheat, and they were saying that the cheaters get kills for points so they can buy stupid poo poo with BP that they then sell on steam for money. I don't know if that's the case. I didn't think you could turn steam dollars into real dollars but who the gently caress knows anymore

You can get shitloads of BP, then sell unopened crates on the Steam marketplace.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Even if you cheat, they can't really take stuff away from your inventory, because of various fraud laws. So, yea. Plus most of them want to be on the leaderboards to advertise their cheats.

Looten Plunder posted:

This game is complex, lots of strategies, lots of potential guides, a massive player base, stats and number crunching etc.

Is there a less informative subreddit than r/pubg for a game of this substance? Apart from the stickied map every post is either a shitpost, complaint about hackers or a Shroud clip.

Also, for a game that is consistently the most played on Steam, the amount of traffic/upvotes on that subreddit is staggeringly low.

No, you have to tell me where to drop and how to play because I can't think for myself. Also what's badness score?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Dryb posted:

I have no idea what's going on in the first clip, but that second guy isn't a hacker. Maybe a little laggy, but these aren't the stats of a hacker.
https://pubgtracker.com/profile/pc/hc-vagabond?region=agg

Dryb
Jul 30, 2007

What did I do?

VulgarandStupid posted:

I have no idea what's going on in the first clip, but that second guy isn't a hacker. Maybe a little laggy, but these aren't the stats of a hacker.

Goddamn, and I was feeling super smug, too.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

that PUBG tracker is great and all, but I swear it's not properly keeping track of my stats? it's saying I haven't won any chicken dinners, but I won about 3 days ago.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

For whatever reason pubg.me wont update for me but pubgtracker.com will, weird.

LE
Oct 19, 2002

VulgarandStupid posted:

In the first clip, the guy is speed hacking.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I think these patch notes explain a lot

quote:

Gameplay
Blue zone DOT (Damage over Time) increases when characters are farther away from the play zone
This principle does not apply to the first blue zone
Bug Fix
Resolved a bug where bullets would sometimes ignore armor

I downloaded a 2 Gig patch for these changes, which means it's at least 100,000 lines of code to adjust the Blue DOT damage.

LE
Oct 19, 2002

daslog posted:

I downloaded a 2 Gig patch for these changes, which means it's at least 100,000 lines of code to adjust the Blue DOT damage.

It is not uncommon for bug fixes to get shipped and not have them in the public release notes.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

daslog posted:

It's not 2 gigs extra or 2 gigs of new code. Most of it is just you downloading the same files again where a small thing might have changed.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

It's not 2 gigs extra or 2 gigs of new code. Most of it is just you downloading the same files again where a small thing might have changed.

Yes, that's the point.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Of all things to whine about :rolleyes: technically those files got 3.54MB smaller :eng101:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I believe they added in new wall graffiti to advertise the Oakland PUBG Invitational that is coming up, which is probably why the patch is so big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

What?

no why

• Locked thread