Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

I am very down with a buffed lunara. Its awesome farting out DoTs and watching people die 3 screens away to poison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

That new wisp talent looks completely bonkers, too. I love it.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I'm actually super-excited for Siphoning Toxin being moved to 4. It looks like it will compete with Nature's Culling, but that HoT can be crazy valuable in QM.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The forest fights back (summons Tyrantus on turn 5) (like and comment if you enjoyed this epic hearthstone meme )

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Honestly though I'm glad that they're being a little more aggressive with reworks. Hopefully it'll continue! Jimmy next.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I never had a problem with lunara's talent tree, but talent diversity has never affected my enjoyment of the game one way or another very much. Hope she plays mostly the same, she's one of my favorites.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:16 on May 11, 2018

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Her new talent tree looks like a vast improvement over her old one just by virtue of getting to pick an actual talent at level 4 now.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/995005080863621121

No Wave posted:

I never had a problem with lunara's talent tree, but talent diversity has never affected my enjoyment of the game one way or another very much. Hope she plays mostly the same, she's one of my favorites.
There's a sort of person whose enjoyment of a game is proportional to their ability to express themselves. They deeply resent being 'forced' to pick certain talents or will continually pick bad talents just to show that they aren't a meta-following sheeple.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Gonna be hilarious seeing all the streamers who miss that new double ban phase because they were not paying attention to the game.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Now you can ban Cho and Gall right off the bat instead of banning one and risk someone picking the other before second ban

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Now you can ban Cho and Gall right off the bat instead of banning one and risk someone picking the other before second ban

Does that unban the other one somehow?

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Kurieg posted:

Does that unban the other one somehow?

No, when you ban one the other is unpickable.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
No it's a joke. If one is banned, both are banned.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

I find the lack of quests in Lunara's kit disheartening.. will it be the same after the rework?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I prefer questless characters so I hope so

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Quests rock though. They're just so satisfying.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

HOTS put so much effort into de-snowballing the game and then they added quests

I will grant that there are a lot of quests that aren't very snowbally but about half of them are and it loving sucks

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I want an uncapped base quest to tick the DoT on enemy heroes.

There doesn't need to be any reward other than the quest ding every time it happens.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If you do take Tychus' bigger they are ding fiesta, be aware that the heal on That's The Stuff will proc as soon as you Odin. One of the weird hots interactions that could actually be useful.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

No Wave posted:

If you do take Tychus' bigger they are ding fiesta, be aware that the heal on That's The Stuff will proc as soon as you Odin. One of the weird hots interactions that could actually be useful.

In the Rhythm is what causes the ding fiesta, The Bigger They Are is what kills the enemy.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Mind over Matter posted:

I want an uncapped base quest to tick the DoT on enemy heroes.

There doesn't need to be any reward other than the quest ding every time it happens.

After 600 dings her laugh becomes global

No Wave posted:

Oh neat, Ill have to remember that.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

lucifirius posted:

In the Rhythm is what causes the ding fiesta, The Bigger They Are is what kills the enemy.
Oh yeah my bad. I always do ITR so I forgot the names.

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

Gobbeldygook posted:

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/995005080863621121

There's a sort of person whose enjoyment of a game is proportional to their ability to express themselves. They deeply resent being 'forced' to pick certain talents or will continually pick bad talents just to show that they aren't a meta-following sheeple.

I'd like to distinguish myself from the people who hated the Warcraft talent tree change in Pandaria because choosing from tiny incremental percentage points here and there, while scratching a specific sort of itch, will never be as meaningful as what HotS and current WoW try to do with having big changes to abilities in every tier. That said, single-target Whirlwind for Arms Warriors made me an atheist.

There's always going to be optimal talents eventually, but making the lovely ones less lovely is always good for some situational variety. I kind of like the little stuff like Greymane's level 1 changing how his W functions in little ways, even though it doesn't matter if he gets hit with any CC at all and he's terrible.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

They should do a Greyman skin where instead of turning into a wolf he turns into a murky

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

appropriatemetaphor posted:

They should do a Greyman skin where instead of turning into a wolf he turns into a murky

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Still salty that they never made this an actual skin.

Ditto with Sharkhaka.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

Still salty that they never made this an actual skin.

Ditto with Sharkhaka.

One might even say you're a salty sea dog.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

How do you dodge Pyroblast with Tracer? I thought you could just recall but it seems to just get you no matter what?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

How do you dodge Pyroblast with Tracer? I thought you could just recall but it seems to just get you no matter what?

You can Blink out of the explosion, but the timing is very strict. It's usually better to use your Blinks to outrun the Pyroblast.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
You have to use abilities that phase you out of targeting at nearly the moment of impact. Tracer's Blink is actually a dash, I think, so it shouldn't avoid Pyroblast.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Who's the guy that trains people to get better on youtube again? I'm gettin sick of QM again and want to get gud.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Played a bunch of Tychus against AI to finish some quests and he feels fun. Is he considered actually good or even just good enough?

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

doverhog posted:

Played a bunch of Tychus against AI to finish some quests and he feels fun. Is he considered actually good or even just good enough?

Grubby put him in the top 4 assassins after the patch.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Is there ever a good reason for Deckard Caine to hit people with his walking stick? The positioning feels too risky for the piddling amount of damage it does.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

blastron posted:

Is there ever a good reason for Deckard Caine to hit people with his walking stick? The positioning feels too risky for the piddling amount of damage it does.

You have the stun on hit talent and/or you find yourself next to someone with 10 health.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

blastron posted:

You're completely right, but sometimes I'll do it because I'm trying to bait someone, and it kinda pushes it super hard, or because we're chasing someone down and like, might as well get a couple in. It is kind of like he doesn't actually have an AA though. I'd actually prefer it if he didn't at all, and just had the stun skill later that enabled an AA. It wouldn't really make him any weaker, but would make him way more unique.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I believe you can recall if you do it right as the bomb explodes. Have you ever successfully done it on Li-Ming? Same concept.

Charles Bukowski posted:

Who's the guy that trains people to get better on youtube again? I'm gettin sick of QM again and want to get gud.

Here are a couple I haven't watched, but I trust the creators. The older they are, the less useful the video will be for hero and meta specifics, but many lessons are evergreen.

5 months ago, e-sports pro Kala:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_beHe0BD_Gs

11 months ago, streamer Nubkeks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR0FXNlafRA

2 months ago, Kala:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro-IFo-Hi-4

1 year ago, Nubkeks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_CMAmAsX9I

Series by MFPT that has a bit of a curriculum to it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVVNxKsNq1E

e: here's one I did watch and followed for a bit until the habit stuck:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J6jPa2ORCg

Some of this you can just absorb, but to see marked improvement you need to make deliberate practice. Try focusing on just one thing per game, like reducing deaths or checking your mini-map.

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 15:05 on May 12, 2018

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

As soon as you hit Rewind, the Pyroblast redirects to where you're going to pop back up. If it gets there before you reappear, you're safe. If you pop back up before it gets there, you're hosed.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

blastron posted:

You should do it if you get the AoE trait talent, it is surprisingly effective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Shadowlyger posted:

As soon as you hit Rewind, the Pyroblast redirects to where you're going to pop back up. If it gets there before you reappear, you're safe. If you pop back up before it gets there, you're hosed.

so basically, you should stand still and rewind at the very last moment to make sure the blast reaches your rewind point just as you're phased out?