Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

Anyways, I'm glad to be back home and feeling a bit better, I need tor return to the prior treatment of radiation and that's gonna be tough, but I now also have a nurse that visits me every now we then to make sure I'm okay.

Basically I have a professional posting buddy now, very exciting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Goons Are Gifts posted:

I didn't know what to say! I never was told that before, I never considered myself as a good person,
I thought people here had said that to you a bunch??

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

roomforthetuna posted:

Everyone on the internet is a bot.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
baka of lathspell

one of my recurring hallucinations is that people IRL are bots. sort of like weird human bots but also i'm a human bot & we all live in botworld. basically being human doesnt disqualify you from being a bot. other than feeling like saying "got your human papers today citizen" to everyone i talk to it doesn't really affect me.

much love GAG

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell

theyre saying francis ford coppolas new sci fi movie is gonna be bad cuz he smoked a lot of weed while making it lol

But i disagree

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

xcheopis

Ringed seal live cams!
https://wwf.fi/luontolive/itamerennorppa/ One of these plump beauties was just curling their flippers and I nearly died from the adorable. Curled up feets! I love them!
https://wwf.fi/luontolive/norppalive/ One seal on screen at the moment, hanging out in the "garden".

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

xcheopis

IMPORTANT NEWS UPDATE! !! !!!
https://dailyboulder.com/tacos-are-mexican-style-sandwiches-indiana-superior-court-rules/

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

RavenousScoot

Goons Are Gifts posted:

I'm back home!!

I had a touching moment at the end in the hospital there, I walked around and said goodbye to those patients I knew from past treatments or got to know rvebs and that are not super dicks and a really nice Russian pal, that I drew some pictures with together and who's every creative and fun but also very sick, said in broken German to me that he hopes he'd meet me again, as he thinks I'd be a good person. I never was told that before and felt somewhat overwhelmed by that sentence and the nurse that was standing next to us as she was treating him at that moment agreed and told me, that's right, you are.

I didn't know what to say! I never was told that before, I never considered myself as a good person, I don't know what to do with that compliment at all, my entire system is shaking from such positive feedback, I mean, I didn't do anything special, I'm not special, I just spent some fun time with these guys and appreciate them, what makes them say something that is a really, like, uncommon thing??

Since then I've been thinking about how to define that or why anyone would say that!
Nice things confuse my brain!

I'm glad you had some nice peeps to keep you company while you were there GaG! If you ever feel like posting some drawings, I'd love to see them!

baka of lathspell posted:

one of my recurring hallucinations is that people IRL are bots. sort of like weird human bots but also i'm a human bot & we all live in botworld. basically being human doesnt disqualify you from being a bot. other than feeling like saying "got your human papers today citizen" to everyone i talk to it doesn't really affect me.

much love GAG

lately I've moved away from feeling like I'm just piloting a person and into the new feeling that I'm just some sort of meat computer, a sufficiently advanced biological AI... but people do have something extra and distinct
Today, though, I feel like I have my human papers!

THANK YOU NESAM :^))
Previous:

code:
https://i.imgur.com/1rh8sdW.mp4 - manifisto
https://i.imgur.com/DeyYjwj.mp4 - vanisher
B33rChiller

Indiana superior Court so arrogant as to believe themselves taco authorities.
They bring shame upon the administration of justice.

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
RavenousScoot

also I begrudgingly accept tacos are a sandwich but only because a sub that is sliced open but not into two independent halves is
putting a torta on the menu probably would've been an easier fix than arguing tacos are a sandwich in court, but also why not duke it out when you're already cleared to sell food but are being forced to only sell subway-esque "food"

hell, subway sells "pizza"

THANK YOU NESAM :^))
Previous:

code:
https://i.imgur.com/1rh8sdW.mp4 - manifisto
https://i.imgur.com/DeyYjwj.mp4 - vanisher
Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Glad you are out of the hospital, GaG

cruft

RavenousScoot posted:

if it helps, you inspired me in another thread that donating blood would make a difference

:hellyeah:

It's a weird thing, both ms cruft and I are generally pretty cynical about humanity, and we both spend our entire careers trying to help people better themselves. There's probably a logical explanation but I guess it hasn't worried me enough to think it out. Like, I know I just met you, and you might be capable of unspeakable atrocities, and I would love to spend an hour helping you understand how base64 encoding works at a bit level.

Goons Are Gifts posted:

Since then I've been thinking about how to define that or why anyone would say that!

Brother, I completely understand this feeling, too. It's humbling and maybe a little cry-worthy? Somehow I feel like this might be related.

Like, okay, during the Rodney King riots, one of the (black) workers at this bodega owned by a (southeast asian) dude from a different neighborhood stood outside the shop the entire time and told people to move along, they didn't want to target this shop. I think the owner had previously paid for a funeral for the guy's dad, and when interviewed about that, cried because he didn't feel like he'd done enough.

I guess I feel this profound sense of indebtedness to the world: so great that I will never pay it back. Like, I am a garbage human and I'm just trying to redeem myself through my deeds, even though I know I never can. Maybe you feel this way too, GaG.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

cruft posted:

... and I would love to spend an hour helping you understand how base64 encoding works at a bit level.
I recently learned that it's apparently okay for base64 encoding to have multiple valid encodings for the same value, at the end. (i.e. if you base64 decode something then base64 encode it again, you don't necessarily get the original string.)
If I recall right it was up to 3 bits that can be slosh, so you can have 8 valid encodings of the same value.

cruft

roomforthetuna posted:

I recently learned that it's apparently okay for base64 encoding to have multiple valid encodings for the same value, at the end. (i.e. if you base64 decode something then base64 encode it again, you don't necessarily get the original string.)
If I recall right it was up to 3 bits that can be slosh, so you can have 8 valid encodings of the same value.

Well, sort of.

Base64 uses a 6-bit byte, and most decodes go to an 8-bit byte. There are 8-bit strings that don't work out to an integer multiple of 6 bits. For example, "A" and "AA".

In these situations, you are supposed to pad the right out to a multiple of 6 bytes by using the "=" glyph. For example:

"a" encodes to "YQ=="
"aa" encodes to "YWE="
"aaa" encodes to "YWFh".

But in any of these, the specification states that you must use zero for the "extra" or "junk" bits. This is why you get Q in the first one, which turns to "W" in the next two. This is spelled out in section 3.5 of RFC 4648, if anybody cares.

If your output string length is 3n-1 or 3n-2 (where n is a positive integer), you can create a string that many base64 decoders will decode to the same string. For instance, the base64 decoder on my Debian box will decode "YWE=", "YWF=", "YWG=", and "YWH=" as "aa". But only "YWE=" is a valid base64-encoded string. And you can only do this trick for the very last non-"=" glyph in the decoder's input: changing anything else will change the output.

If your decoded string is length 3n-1, there will be four (4 = 2 bits) inputs that most base64 decoders will turn into the same output.
If your decoded string is length 3n-2, there will be sixteen (16 = 4 bits) such inputs.

So multiple inputs that result in the same output from most base64 decoders: yes.
Multiple valid base64 encodings for a single input: no.

e: holy cow, though, you've given me such a rad idea for a new CTF puzzle. Thanks!

cruft fucked around with this message at 02:38 on May 15, 2024

Finger Prince

Excuse me, do you have a minute to speak about our lord and savior, bush turkey christ?

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:21 on May 16, 2024

Quadramind

why, yes, I do. Come in and sit down.

Escape From Noise

I went and bought Turkish pickles and olives for my falafel and pita with tzatziki and Greek salad and... holy poo poo. It's so good.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

cruft

I love pickles.

Escape From Noise

cruft posted:

I love pickles.

madmatt112

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

I got one of those 510 cartridge vapes and boy howdy she wasn’t kidding when she said it would rock me if I’ve only vaped dry flower thus far. I was thinking in colours for a good hour

B33rChiller

madmatt112 posted:

I got one of those 510 cartridge vapes and boy howdy she wasn’t kidding when she said it would rock me if I’ve only vaped dry flower thus far. I was thinking in colours for a good hour
So much nicer, and way more powerful than huffing the exhaust out of a joint, eh?

Dr. Honked posted:

alnilam

Goons Are Gifts posted:

I'm back home!!

I had a touching moment at the end in the hospital there, I walked around and said goodbye to those patients I knew from past treatments or got to know rvebs and that are not super dicks and a really nice Russian pal, that I drew some pictures with together and who's every creative and fun but also very sick, said in broken German to me that he hopes he'd meet me again, as he thinks I'd be a good person. I never was told that before and felt somewhat overwhelmed by that sentence and the nurse that was standing next to us as she was treating him at that moment agreed and told me, that's right, you are.

I didn't know what to say! I never was told that before, I never considered myself as a good person, I don't know what to do with that compliment at all, my entire system is shaking from such positive feedback, I mean, I didn't do anything special, I'm not special, I just spent some fun time with these guys and appreciate them, what makes them say something that is a really, like, uncommon thing??

I refuse to believe you haven't been called a good person before, I'm gonna do it right now, you're a good person

ty manifisto

madmatt112

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

B33rChiller posted:

So much nicer, and way more powerful than huffing the exhaust out of a joint, eh?

absolutely more powerful! I don’t know about nicer lol, I coughed like a motherlover - it felt like there was ice in my lungs for a few moments! crazy stuff. good value for the money at least haha

treasure bear

hi im new, hows it going

Escape From Noise

treasure bear posted:

hi im new, hows it going

Hi new, I'm dad!

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

treasure bear posted:

hi im new, hows it going

what's poppin

B33rChiller

madmatt112 posted:

absolutely more powerful! I don’t know about nicer lol, I coughed like a motherlover - it felt like there was ice in my lungs for a few moments! crazy stuff. good value for the money at least haha
Well, none of the charcoal taste, nor carbon monoxide. It is a finely atomized mist of essential oils, so some irritation might be expected. The thing that trips a lot of people up is when it doesn't immediately taste like smoke, and they might not think they are getting much in the puff, so they draw harder, and inhale a big puff real deep. It won't irritate immediately, but after a second or two of contact time with the airways, BOOM!
sometimes gets the lungs sweating a little.

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

treasure bear posted:

hi im new, hows it going
I seen you 'round some parts lately. The occasional bear sighting: A real treasure.

Dr. Honked posted:

roomforthetuna

cruft posted:

So multiple inputs that result in the same output from most base64 decoders: yes.
Multiple valid base64 encodings for a single input: no.
I mean I was reading the spec and it doesn't specify what's in those splash-bits, so I think the alternative encodings are actually valid. Padding with zeroes is what everyone does, but there's nothing saying that's more correct than padding with ones or noise or having multiple base64 strings and steganographically hiding some extra data in those bits.

Edit: section 3.5 of RFC 4648, - oh, I missed that. Never mind then!

roomforthetuna fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 15, 2024

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

B33rChiller posted:

Well, none of the charcoal taste, nor carbon monoxide. It is a finely atomized mist of essential oils, so some irritation might be expected. The thing that trips a lot of people up is when it doesn't immediately taste like smoke, and they might not think they are getting much in the puff, so they draw harder, and inhale a big puff real deep. It won't irritate immediately, but after a second or two of contact time with the airways, BOOM!
sometimes gets the lungs sweating a little.

The first vape I hit I hit like my normal nicotine one, and it was able to produce, so I ripped a decent one. I didn't cough, probably because I mainly vaped, but it started setting in around the time I took a second and then I legit got scared of being so high. I had a quick cruise from pretty much nothing but the tall can I was working on to forgetting to control my body because I was thinking really hard. Ended up taking a nap and feeling pretty great later.

Having a known mix/level then I think it'd be ok to regulate a light buzz. Like how much of this do I need to space out on the way to walmart? I still will always prefer a joint over almost all mediums, some edible candies are pretty nice. I like rolling weed more than I like smoking it though. I have fun with rolling or teaching people to, but I don't like spacing out so much anymore because I normally am only paying attention up to the point a car doesn't hit me.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Sorry, I just remembered this because of someone named Anna... I know it's dumb, but I was stuck on a farm most of the time and watching First Blood made me need to do it.
I could have done better, but like this was the best content I had with no internet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQzDCYVsHAw
Oh, apology because I'm pretty sure I've posted it before. I just was getting a laugh watching today, so it's still funny to at least one person.

B33rChiller

nesamdoom posted:

The first vape I hit I hit like my normal nicotine one, and it was able to produce, so I ripped a decent one. I didn't cough, probably because I mainly vaped, but it started setting in around the time I took a second and then I legit got scared of being so high. I had a quick cruise from pretty much nothing but the tall can I was working on to forgetting to control my body because I was thinking really hard. Ended up taking a nap and feeling pretty great later.

Having a known mix/level then I think it'd be ok to regulate a light buzz. Like how much of this do I need to space out on the way to walmart? I still will always prefer a joint over almost all mediums, some edible candies are pretty nice. I like rolling weed more than I like smoking it though. I have fun with rolling or teaching people to, but I don't like spacing out so much anymore because I normally am only paying attention up to the point a car doesn't hit me.

Yeah, a little puff like a sip, and give it a few minutes to settle, give yourself an idea of how much torque this thing's packing is the chill way. maybe it's 5:1 CBD:THC, and you can honk on it like an old school 'baccy pipe, or maybe it's 95%THC with minty terpenes and a high flow rate, and if you don't have a heavy tolerance, get ready to talk to GOD!

Dr. Honked posted:

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

B33rChiller posted:

Yeah, a little puff like a sip, and give it a few minutes to settle, give yourself an idea of how much torque this thing's packing is the chill way. maybe it's 5:1 CBD:THC, and you can honk on it like an old school 'baccy pipe, or maybe it's 95%THC with minty terpenes and a high flow rate, and if you don't have a heavy tolerance, get ready to talk to GOD!

For sure. I at least warned people when I made everclear koolaid that was like 40 some percent alcohol and sweet as hell. It was a lovely former friend that let me go without telling me to ease into it. I'd trust my brother if he told me to go hard, worst he'd be doing is having a laugh at me getting a bit more hosed up than I want but not shooting to end us having fun. tbf, I think most people would rather get high and hang out than laugh because someone got stoned and decided to take a nap. I sure do, people that don't normally get high, but then get a light-mid range say fun poo poo.

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
B33rChiller

the tape recorder emulation in this noise synth software cuts off at 2 minutes. I'm having to make multiple recordings. guess I'll stick them together at some point. I just accidentallied into a swarm of angry mosquitos sound!

Dr. Honked posted:

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

B33rChiller posted:

the tape recorder emulation in this noise synth software cuts off at 2 minutes. I'm having to make multiple recordings. guess I'll stick them together at some point. I just accidentallied into a swarm of angry mosquitos sound!

digitized analogue stuff seems hard to cut together. the breaking sucks. but I might only have done poo poo bits of it.
anyways, i pissed.
off on some people that all think pizza is something special and I'm prob going to spend the night fighting off pizzazzins.
I'm not too worried. Lol, pizza nerds overreacting to inferences is not scary, but what is scary is this segue into Scared to Sleep, a podcast about frightening tales read in a relaxing style. If you really want to piss youself scared, do it comfortably.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Honestly, don't care about the like five bucks, but can someone help me reset my av and stuff witht he gangtags? like I got the money to reset it, but I don't want to have it be changed.

Escape From Noise

The way some Goons talk about Japanese culture with absolute authority while speaking nonsense and seething with weird hatred for it is frankly bizarre sometimes.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

I'll fix my poo poo and shoot a msg to someone that can reset it

So I spent a tenner and hosed up the text. and have no gangtags. is there a way to fix without another tenner?
I'd rather give me money away to cool poo poo. gently caress the pizza thread of douchebags that'd rather be dicks than donate.
seriously, I would love my poo poo back to how it was earlier. Could someone escalate this to like fix my av?

nesamdoom fucked around with this message at 10:32 on May 16, 2024

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

roomforthetuna posted:

You're right, I have been said that before here! drat I feel very ungrateful for not remembering that, but it being said to me face to face really impressed me even more, that's probably why I didn't think of it, still, I didn't want to ignore the well wishes and nice things you guys told me so much, which I, too, already cried out of joy about!