Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

FizFashizzle posted:

Is Punisher good?

No, it's basically a "Muh guns" wankfest with gratuitous "back when I was in Iraq" and "oh hey look, there's the Statue of Liberty".

Edit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Grammarchist posted:

Moore is up by 2 in the latest poll, with a 2% margin of error. The same pollster had him up by 6 when the allegations first broke, and 11 before that. Still a few weeks for Republicans to pray on this and vote Moore anyway though.

Still, it must be nice to be an Alabama Dem now that there's a small glimmer of hope.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/361455-poll-moore-and-jones-neck-and-neck-in-senate-race

Hopefully we out-perform the polls like we did in Virginia.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Space Gopher posted:

The likely voter screen is way more relevant than the n=3000 figure. The balance of "hold nose and vote Moore" versus "screw it, I'm staying home" among the Republican base is what will determine this election.

Also, going from n=1000 to n=3000 isn't nearly as important as it sounds from an intuitive perspective. MoE with 1k in a population of 4.8 million (Alabama) is about 3.1%. With 3k, MoE drops to 1.7%. Helpful, but not earthshaking, and the LV screen will have a much bigger impact. There's a reason why almost all polls shoot for a thousand.

Yeah, I was aware, I was mostly just really surprised that they bothered.

The fact that they went for 3,000 for some reason actually makes me trust their methodology less lol

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Exactly.

Much like with the proud boys themselves, I have to wonder who in the world would want one of these in their homes

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

twice burned ice posted:

I really hope his rocket works and that he records himself when he sees just how fruitless his project has been.

I need this.

According to the article, this bad-boy is going to take him a whopping 1,800 feet up. Which, you know, isn't even impressive for a mountain.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/AoDespair/status/933163628102000641

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

:stare: What, uh, what's going on here?

tigers eating people's faces party

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/TopherSpiro/status/933130571034845184?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
The 1800 feet limit is to re enforce his belief, not to challenge it or prove anything. He knows in the back of his mind if he just did something really simple like attach a camera to a weather balloon (or just go up the Sears tower on a clear day) his whole world view would be under threat, so instead he concocts a bullshit 'test' to make himself for good and secure in his pre conceived world view.

Also he gets to build a big shiny rocket.

EDIT: A single tandem skydive is like 400$ yeah?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

:stare: What, uh, what's going on here?

Rescue panther

https://youtu.be/jjjOgp2aFpA

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

hiddenmovement posted:

The 1800 feet limit is to re enforce his belief, not to challenge it or prove anything. He knows in the back of his mind if he just did something really simple like attach a camera to a weather balloon (or just go up the Sears tower on a clear day) his whole world view would be under threat, so instead he concocts a bullshit 'test' to make himself for good and secure in his pre conceived world view.

Also he gets to build a big shiny rocket.

EDIT: A single tandem skydive is like 400$ yeah?

It says in the article he "converted" to flat eartherism because nobody would give him any money for his dumb rockets. So he joined a group of gullible idiots and they are now bankrolling his elaborate suicide attempts.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

lol, just lol

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I'm probably gonna be ok because my internet is run by the city. Just don't tell any of the Trump voters or it'll get privatized.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
lol 1800 feet, I’ve done day hikes that covered more vertical distance than that

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

They're really going to be able to repeal the ACA, aren't they?

Is there really a reason to think that not one of the tax reform bills will get passed?

It also seems like Moore is re-gaining support in Alabama.

Also, Net Neutrality is dead soon.

SCOTUS will probably also destroy unions and support gerrymandering.

What things are actually looking good in the near future?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Crows Turn Off posted:

Is there really a reason to think that not one of the tax reform bills will get passed?

well, the ice shelves are collapsing much faster than expected so we'll all be dead really soon

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

Crows Turn Off posted:

Occupy the National Mall. Bonus Army 2.0.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Crows Turn Off posted:

Well, if sea level rise accelerates, which a new thing says it may, Florida will be underwater sooner.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Crows Turn Off posted:

Buy a gun and a gym membership. You got training to do, comrade.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Yeah, let's just give up all hope

Let's just be complacent to this, and complain rather than do something

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Pleads posted:

It says in the article he "converted" to flat eartherism because nobody would give him any money for his dumb rockets. So he joined a group of gullible idiots and they are now bankrolling his elaborate suicide attempts.

TBF dying of cancer or a heart attack or whatever is pretty mundane, getting to go out doing a thrift store Slim Pickens routine would be pretty interesting and exciting.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Willo567 posted:

What can I do about, say, Net Neutrality?

My chance to vote in support of NN was November 2016. But the people whose vote counted voted against it instead by electing Trump.

Contacting my congresscritter won't do anything because they aren't changing the law, it's the FCC changing the policy. Even if they could do something, Congress is run by Republicans right now, who also want to end NN.

Would Trump's DOJ judiciously try to support NN?

Would SCOTUS, with the stolen seat, rule in favor of NN?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Willo567 posted:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of you.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

WaryWarren posted:

Meanwhile, the Army makes 6.5 trillion dollars in bogus adjusting journal entries in their books for just one year. lol

Would you happen to have a link for that? I'm doubly interested as an accounting grad.

EDIT: Found this: http://info.redstonegci.com/blog/dod-ig-reports-trillions-in-unsupported-journal-entries-dfas-and-the-army

Moktaro fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Nov 22, 2017

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Hollismason posted:

Hopefully all of the judicial appointments wont be filled before the Democrats take control.
Expand, impeach, remake. The GOP has been busy smashing norms left and right - I see no reason to keep around the insane delusion that the courts are some delicate flower that must be impervious to the will of the electorate.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Crows Turn Off posted:

I did ask earlier, but where is this coming from? I’m just curious.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
*TOTALLY SATIRICAL POST*

I gotta say, pursuant to the story about the Azar guy on the last page, if I'm ever to the point where I'm rationing insulin to try and survive, I'm going to at least try to take some of those ghoulish motherfuckers with me.

*TOTALLY SATIRICAL POST*

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Crows Turn Off posted:

What can I do about, say, Net Neutrality?

My chance to vote in support of NN was November 2016. But the people whose vote counted voted against it instead by electing Trump.

Contacting my congresscritter won't do anything because they aren't changing the law, it's the FCC changing the policy. Even if they could do something, Congress is run by Republicans right now, who also want to end NN.

Would Trump's DOJ judiciously try to support NN?

Would SCOTUS, with the stolen seat, rule in favor of NN?

I'm just sick of hearing about all of this bullshit on how nothing loving matters.

Half the reason i worry about poo poo is because of everyone's concerns about a ton of poo poo going on in the country right now, and I want to do something to change it

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Nov 22, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
okay but like this is the tamest possible faked attack

who cares if dude bought two hookers

hell that would probably go over well with the average idiot

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

enraged_camel posted:

tigers eating people's faces party

Leopards! Stop diluting the brand

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

Moktaro posted:

Would you happen to have a link for that? I'm doubly interested as an accounting grad.

http://www.dodig.mil/reports.html/Article/1119298/army-general-fund-adjustments-not-adequately-documented-or-supported/

Note that Army GF is not the entirety of Army operations, so I'd argue the $6.5t figure is actually misleadingly low in a sense. No idea on unsupported amounts for Army WCF, though.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

He's married

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

DACK FAYDEN posted:

his wife, for one

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

There's been some rumblings about legislation to preserve "some" net neutrality provisions in exchange for banning the FCC from ever repeating Obama's full regulations again. Dems have been unwilling to compromise unless they're confident net neutrality legislation would have sufficient teeth to matter.

Technically, as long as a future Democratic President is possible, they've got leverage from those who want "consistency". But every minute from now to then is going to suck.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Munkeymon posted:

He's married
So?

evilweasel posted:

his wife, for one
...well, yes, she could be mad if she wanted to be :shobon:

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

DACK FAYDEN posted:

So?

...well, yes, she could be mad if she wanted to be :shobon:

lol gently caress off with this obtuse idiocy

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Grammarchist posted:

There's been some rumblings about legislation to preserve "some" net neutrality provisions in exchange for banning the FCC from ever repeating Obama's full regulations again.

Oh so slightly less bad but still worse off than before, just to make it worse later. Rinse and repeat.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Willo567 posted:

I'm just sick of hearing about all of this bullshit on how nothing loving matters.

Half the reason i worry about poo poo is because of everyone's concerns about a ton of poo poo going on in the country right now, and I want to do something to change it

Burn something.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Ague Proof posted:

And they are named after a song from the Aladdin musical, "Proud of your Boy."

Officials

Klaliff – vice president
Klokard – lecturer
Kludd – chaplain
Kligrapp – secretary
Klabee – treasurer
Kladd – "conductor", in charge of initiating new members
Klarogo – inner guard, serjeant-at-arms
Klexter – outer guard
Nighthawks – couriers

Later they included titles such as Klubba, Klaptrap, Kannon, KrUsha and King K Rool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

7c Nickel posted:

I'm probably gonna be ok because my internet is run by the city. Just don't tell any of the Trump voters or it'll get privatized.

Not really.

The other end of the pipe has an ISP, too. And, if there's a startup out there that's genuinely disruptive rather than just Tinder for meerkat enthusiasts, it'll find that bandwidth is really hard to come by for some reason. The providers that are already established will stick around, but don't expect too many new ones. How far do you think Youtube or Netflix streaming would have gotten if Comcast could have just said, "oh, hey, you're competing with our cable and PPV business, that'll be $20/gigabyte paid in advance for that data to reach our customers"?

• Locked thread