Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

apropos to nothing posted:

lol i loving hate the word praxis and everyone who uses it

the only use of it i don't hate is the new deus ex games lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

praxis? more like maxis. they made cool games

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

No roads, lots of parks and all those scary black arcologies

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i say swears online posted:

No roads, lots of parks and all those scary black arcologies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTJQTc-TqpU

Infernot
Jul 17, 2015

"A short night wakes me from a dream that seemed so long."
Grimey Drawer

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

:hai:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Cities: Skylines is a better game than Sim City

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Cities: Skylines is a better game than Sim City

Should I buy it? I love banished and factorio but modern day settings aren't my favorite

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

more like firaxis

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
maxis and firaxis both own but yeah cities skylines is really good the best sim city game ever

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
When people bitch about tankies now I know how they feel

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Some guys been making videos about the urban planning issues using Cities: Skyline, they're pretty good

https://twitter.com/donoteat1/status/1021380764242530306?s=19

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

MizPiz posted:

Some guys been making videos about the urban planning issues using Cities: Skyline, they're pretty good

https://twitter.com/donoteat1/status/1021380764242530306?s=19

Oh yeah, this was insanely good. I gotta watch more eps. Its shocking how fast I got sucked in to that

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
renstalled, planning on buldozing a couple of slums, cheers

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I only use praxis irl to piss off other people who use it, like when I tell people that smoking is praxis that builds class consciousness when I bum them to people

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

maxis were bad for a very long time and they eventually got murdered as a result of a terrible idea of a simcity game

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Jose posted:

maxis were bad for a very long time and they eventually got murdered as a result of a terrible idea of a simcity game

im talking about 90s maxis, the actual maxis that matters

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
i thought we were talking about the 2013 classic, simcity

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

lollontee posted:

mods

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

im talking about 90s maxis, the actual maxis that matters

much like the simpsons maxis were bad longer than they were good. i think

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

lollontee posted:

The Democrats are a lot like SimCity 2013's agents: neither are able to turn left

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

The Democrats are a lot like SimCity 2013's agents: neither are able to turn left

:popeye:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

if you dump the garbage down river, the people in Cities:Skylines will continue to drink it up

they only seem to care about their commute

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Also the noise from wind turbines will literally make people stick and then kill them.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Tanks But No Tanks posted:

if you dump the garbage down river, the people in Cities:Skylines will continue to drink it up

they only seem to care about their commute

You have to dump garbage upriver to affect their water supply. Doi.

Anyway all I want out of Maxis/Firaxis is an HD edition of Alpha Centauri, and all would be forgiven.

Doc Neutral
Jan 31, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Anyway all I want out of Maxis/Firaxis is an HD edition of Alpha Centauri, and all would be forgiven.

Isn't that basically Civ. Beyond Earth?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

:pray:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Doc Neutral posted:

No. gently caress no dude.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Doc Neutral posted:

Not at all. Civ. Beyond Earth isn't even properly a spiritual sequel because its factions are built around actually existing nationalities instead of ideologies. All the ideological world building is sequestered into an off-game wiki, and it's just not a very good game to begin with.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

IIRC the rights to Alpha Centauri are split between too many parties to agree on doing anything else with the franchise, so an Alpha Centauri sequel or remake are practically impossible.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
just play Stellaris imo

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

You could ask Brian Reynolds who posts in lp

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Stellaris remains bland as hell

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
Did Maxis make that one plastic army men game? I remember that being pretty sweet.

Also, I've only read the last page and scanned the OP, and for some reason PSL is the main link they have? Is this a Tankie-specific thread, or is the OP just a Tankie?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Stellaris remains bland as hell

I can't even deny that there's a fair amount of blanditude, but the game scratches so many itches for me. It really needs some punching up though, for sure.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

FreakerByTheSpeaker posted:

Did Maxis make that one plastic army men game? I remember that being pretty sweet.

Also, I've only read the last page and scanned the OP, and for some reason PSL is the main link they have? Is this a Tankie-specific thread, or is the OP just a Tankie?

This was originally a thread for PSL that just became the generic leftist/tankie/salty about DSA thread

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

ShriekingMarxist posted:

I can't even deny that there's a fair amount of blanditude, but the game scratches so many itches for me. It really needs some punching up though, for sure.

Maybe after 4 more expansion packs it'll be good

FreakerByTheSpeaker posted:

Literally everyone in this thread is a sentient T-55

Doc Neutral
Jan 31, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

IIRC the rights to Alpha Centauri are split between too many parties to agree on doing anything else with the franchise, so an Alpha Centauri sequel or remake are practically impossible.

I dunno never played neither, why don't they just do a "spiritual sequel" like everyone else who can't get a hold of a specific IP they want to work with? :thunk:

On a side note, video games are the opium of the masses and we should steer away from them imho, that's my praxis right there :colbert:

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

No. gently caress no dude.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Doc Neutral posted:

I dunno never played neither, why don't they just do a "spiritual sequel" like everyone else who can't get a hold of a specific IP they want to work with? :thunk:

On a side note, video games are the opium of the masses and we should steer away from them imho, that's my praxis right there :colbert:
They did do a 'spiritual sequel' in beyond earth - and it sucked rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
all is going to be right with the world when we get Two Point Hospital next month