Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

ElNarez posted:

it's Destiny; put a bubble on it

e:hahahahaha the new boxes just give you full sets of everything

whazat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bungie's got a stream going, they're talking about the weekly activities.

daybreak is mayhem nightfall, daily heroic story is being updated to a weekly playlist (each week is random story missions from a given expansion).

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

xzzy posted:

daily heroic story is being updated to a weekly playlist (each week is random story missions from a given expansion).
you get +20 marks for the first 5 you do, so that's 100 marks per week. LL 380

Daybreak is Mayhem + Epic modifier combined

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
Pretty bummed that raids are now the only PvE content that're tuned to give you a decent challenge

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

They should have just renamed Nightfall to Daybreak considering the Nightfall modifier doesn't even exist

I like that there's a 380 story mission playlist, it'll actually be refreshing after having played the strikes 10 billion times

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Roman posted:

you get +20 marks for the first 5 you do, so that's 100 marks per week. LL 380

Daybreak is Mayhem + Epic modifier combined

Yay more marks that are worthless because vendor items never rotate.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Wow those two couch nerds. Well, I missed the part about the boxes but everything else seems worthless and the boxes too if there's ToM Ornaments. Weekly Story playlist is cool, I guess, but this extravaganza of marks is lol. Be able to buy a Box of Ages with 200 because otherwise, who gives a poo poo?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
PVE with mayhem modifiers will be fun as hell, don't really care about rewards. Just gimme something fun to do to close out the Destiny 1 experience, which is what they seem to be doing.

Of course I haven't spent like $600 on this game so maybe I have lower expectations

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I like how in the last few months of the game they're like, "gently caress it, supers for everyone, the slot machine is on Tilt mode, you can buy most old crap you missed, enjoy."

And the sandbox stream is next week, yet to come. So far they've only talked about the rewards book, and rewards that aren't for the rewards book.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Ok apparently the Daybreak modifier only comes up like once a month? Boo.

Blue flames are back though

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
No more daily PVP list, just a weekly rotating 6v6 list. Two 6v6 bounties a week too from Shaxx now.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Roman posted:

Well of course, it wouldn't be Destiny unless there was an RNG component to it.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Roman posted:

Blue flames are back though

They said in Mid July(the 17th I think) there would be six straight weeks of the Daybreak modifier.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

texaholic posted:

No more daily PVP list, just a weekly rotating 6v6 list. Two 6v6 bounties a week too from Shaxx now.

Huh.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The stream also indicated that the normal end of strike engram shower is "generous" which I interpret to mean the game is going to poo poo purples at you constantly.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
They're basically trying to let everyone go out on a positive note before they try to get us to buy the rushed sequel.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Watching the stream now.

Jesus Christ, even the people that work on the game are bored of it.

Way to get everyone excited, guys.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Zuul the Cat posted:

Watching the stream now.

Jesus Christ, even the people that work on the game are bored of it.

Way to get everyone excited, guys.

I thought they were just stereotypical nerds incapable of human-like communication and Deej was labored from having to drag them thru the ordeal and coaxing info out of them.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

cvnvcnv posted:

I thought they were just stereotypical nerds incapable of human-like communication and Deej was labored from having to drag them thru the ordeal and coaxing info out of them.

Almost everyone that's been on that couch are nerds. But these guys were exceptionally low-energy and enthusiasm.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You can't realistically expect enthusiastic on camera delivery from people employed to sit at a desk 60 hours a week and move bushes or update databases. They're probably paralyzed by fear of being caught on camera picking their nose or having to answer an unscripted question.

If they want a good stream, they need to use people with outgoing social skills.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Zuul the Cat posted:

Almost everyone that's been on that couch are nerds. But these guys were exceptionally low-energy and enthusiasm.

The one far end, away Deej, had his legs pressed together and was clinging to the arm of the couch. He was terrified. Other guy, you're probably correct, he was far more capable and just dgaf.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Bungie could cover these 3 twitch streams with a 2 minute YT video and not miss any detail.

Streams are slow and boring as poo poo. Please don't do this for Destiny 2.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

CheeseFactory posted:

Bungie could cover these 3 twitch streams with a 2 minute YT video and not miss any detail.

Streams are slow and boring as poo poo. Please don't do this for Destiny 2.

Sorry old man this is what the kids like

(i totally agree, but its clear theyve moved on to another world

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The problem is the stream is a bunch of old dudes trying to appeal to the kids because they got told it'd be good for building the brand by a marketing expert. But unfortunately old people (even worse, socially inept old people) can't actually relate to kids and we end up with an hour of bone dry recitation of bullet points from a list.

If you want to tell kids something, you need young people to do it. They understand the interaction infinitely better than some crusty turd who's been around for 50 years.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I'm annoyed by the fact that they refuse to get anyone on these streams that knows what the gently caress they're doing in the game.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

At least they're bringing the vanilla orbit music back.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Seems like it'll be fun at least. I dont care if its rehashed if its at least enjoyable.

The game making GBS threads marks at you is pretty cool to. Give you a chance to get rolls from vendors by buying mats and dumping them into factions.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Does that NF flame last for the week in all you do? I wasn't around for original flavor Destiny but good way to get me to never run it, punishment of some pumpkin head consumable effect nonsense in Crucible. Persistent blue goalposts for my head, nah bitch.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
In year 1 it was a badge of having friends who game with you

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fifty Three posted:

At least they're bringing the vanilla orbit music back.

nice

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

cvnvcnv posted:

Does that NF flame last for the week in all you do? I wasn't around for original flavor Destiny but good way to get me to never run it, punishment of some pumpkin head consumable effect nonsense in Crucible. Persistent blue goalposts for my head, nah bitch.

this is such a huge non-issue that i don't even know why you'd think it mattered

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Colors and particle effects 100% do not matter in crucible because people aren't drawn to color, they're drawn to movement. It could be a smear of grey pixels or it could be a smear of pink pixels, they don't loving care. If they see movement they're going to shoot it.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
that's why maps that just have random poo poo floating around are so loving aggravating.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Or the ketch flyby on thieves' den. :fuckoff:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I think mere movement, shoot at it is reductive. A lot of information gets communicated in those flashes and I know Chroma before and Siva forehead Ornament juice boxes and the like now register to me. It's not some grand bullseye or even a thing to be focused on when so many other processes are occuring but my scrub rear end in Superblack can't afford to give anything away.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I spend 80% of the game looking at the motion detector, who's got time to scope out their helmet.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

xzzy posted:

I spend 80% of the game looking at the motion detector, who's got time to scope out their helmet.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
It is literally impossible to see at any sort of distance unless you're playing with your nose up against your monitor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

• Locked thread