Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Erdricks posted:

Update looks great, but, unironically, does Blizzard catch poo poo from the SJW police for this?

Don't see why they would considering Lucha has been streamed on Twitch and is just the Mexican version of an international commercial industry. Not that I consider SJW police to even be a real thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Cultural appropriation, that's all. I personally think it's fun, but I keep seeing all these articles about it :(

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

No Wave posted:

Odin is so cool, so I dont mind taking it every game. It's the one piece of new unit design that SC2 ripped off wholesale from Games Workshop (they should have ripped off more).

Odin is cool but it's frustrating to me that they're so gung-ho about his design and the balance surrounding it. He's got like eight different gimmicks stuffed into him instead of anything coherent.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Erdricks posted:

Cultural appropriation, that's all. I personally think it's fun, but I keep seeing all these articles about it :(

It's not any more cultural appropriation than when Psychonauts did it. Lucha is Lucha.

also those quests look agonizing to finish.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
An announcer as a reward is pretty nice though compared to the usual win 5 games to get a portrait! Now win 7 games to get a different portrait! That we usually get during these.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Kurieg posted:

It's not any more cultural appropriation than when Psychonauts did it. Lucha is Lucha.

also those quests look agonizing to finish.
Do some vs ai to finish them, doing quests conditioned on winning pvp is a bad time

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

quote:

Malfurion: A new leaf icon and timer will now appear above Regrowth targets’ nameplates to indicate remaining Heal duration.
The icon and timer will change color based on Regrowth’s remaining Heal duration: from green to yellow at 10 seconds remaining, and then to red during the last 5 seconds.

A good patch

e: they're doing a PTR for skins and two reworks? Good luck getting the community to participate in that beyond the first day, compared to the usual 2 days for a new hero PTR.

Also, anyone want to bet whether this will break something? Seems ripe as hell for unintended consequences of coding:

quote:

Junkrat: Can now move himself while he is Unstoppable by detonating a nearby Concussion Mine.

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 14, 2018

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I was doing the brawl the other night and the enemy team had a brightwing who was feeding her rear end off on purpose. As soon as she'd respawn she'd phaze shift to someone and run right into our towers. She had something like 25 deaths by the end of the match. Im assuming it was to try and get through the brawl faster for the loot box. Except my team was so terrible though that they managed to lose by stacking the enemy butcher up to like 400 stacks or something. It was impressively terrible and I should have known picking a support was a mistake.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

No Wave posted:

Devastating charge looks like it got massacred (still might be the pick idk). I think his wave clear actually got nerfed. Shadow charge range now set at 8.5 instead of talenting into 9.8 range 100% of the time. I think this is a net nerf (not surprised, he needed one).

Huge nerf. Wallbanging someone after 16 with full Devastating Charge stacks will do 40 + 330 damage whereas now it would do 75 + 15% max hp. The breakeven point at level 16 is about 2200 hp which is D.va in pilot mode, Lost Vikings, Murky, etc. territory. If you were doing a Q stun/E/Q stun on a main tank you're talking about losing 1200-1500 damage.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
diablo ded, bambam quits streaming, heroes community goes nuts

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm guessing we'll be seeing a lot of garrosh vs johanna in the near future

Diablo needed the nerf but tbh without all the other changes I thought just removing the 40% extra shadow charge range talent would be sufficient. Would have preferred keeping the busted parts of him busted but whatever. I was always terrible with him anyways so no skin off my back.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Debilitating Flames is loving NASTY:

quote:

Enemy Heroes hit by Fire Stomp are Slowed by 5% for 4 seconds, up to 50%. Heroes Slowed 25% or more by Debilitating Flames deal 50% less damage.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I love that they put out a hype video for massive QOL and number nerfs for a hero

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

can we talk about how EL JEFE's giant shoulder horns are now actually stacks of championship belts

and also diablo's Marius tattoo? :allears:

also i just noticed they gave him nipples. why.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

also i just noticed they gave him nipples. why.

he's the lord of terror

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Marius was his waifu all along, it all makes sense...

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

https://heroesofthestorm.com/en-us/game/events/nexomania-2018/

Here are all the skins. The must-haves for me are the pignata, irish kharazim, and the least made-up lunara. They all look amazing tbh.

I like the sonya cat spray, but the lunara portrait is better.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Irish Boxer Kharazim is fantastic.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

BrianBoitano posted:

Spiders do more damage to morale than toads so yeah

Both have fun tilt factors:

- Spiders: "Yay I got away from the Nazeebo and wait why am I dead now"

- Toads: "Imma gank this solo Nazeebo and wait where's my health"

Nazeebo's the best.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

No Wave posted:

https://heroesofthestorm.com/en-us/game/events/nexomania-2018/

Here are all the skins. The must-haves for me are the pignata, irish kharazim, and the least made-up lunara. They all look amazing tbh.

I like the sonya cat spray, but the lunara portrait is better.

:agreed:

Also there's a shark-in-a-wave mount now too, and it doesn't even say it's legendary, so moderately cheap. Thanks for the sparkly things, Blizzard.

e: looking again, it appears to be a shark x manatee x The Joker mount??

I bet it has the smoothest skin

e: gently caress this event is the worst timing for me. My wife is out of town this week, but back before the event starts. My wife leaves again for a month... the week after this event ends :negative:

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 20:55 on May 14, 2018

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Diablo rework means it's time to play Leoric or Tychus in QM. :getin:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Also beware - there are 11 new legendary items that we all want but there will also be TEN surfboard tints and five bulge tychus tints from last year. Maybe we can see who's unwrapped the most speedos by the end of the event.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Im glad speedo tychus is back because I got the orange one last year and have spent the year since living in regret for not getting the bright pink speedo instead.

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!
I feel like Blizzard knows who I am and knows how to make me happy.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Diablo losing the % health damage is good because he should be a tank. What he lost in damage he gains more in self-sustain and crowd control through slows, body blocking, and terror.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
New meta: Garrosh throws Cain at people to whack them with his stun stick, Garrosh throws enemy into Cain's root. Unbeatable team.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

The chest has cervezas sticking out of it.

Perfection.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

This stuff looks dope.

However I've got like 30 unopened chests I was saving thinking this would be just another skins only event thing! What a fool.

Fingers crossed on some stim packs.

SpaceParrot
Jul 18, 2006

El Guapo, the announcer, isn't part of loot boxes you get him with the quest rewards ahhhhh this rules

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
God that shark mount loving rules. I'm straight up buying that poo poo day one so Murky can finally have the mount he deserves

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Macaluso posted:

God that shark mount loving rules. I'm straight up buying that poo poo day one so Murky can finally have the mount he deserves

Like the skinny Diablo skin broadcasts “I’m here for damage, not for tanking” the Shark mount is telling everyone “I’m gonna smack you with a shark at level 20, get loving ready”

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Opened the mecha rehgar skin so took it out in vs ai. Having a classic solo lane rehgar game made me miss double support meta a bit:

I would like supports to be strong enough to be distinct from one another and to be able to do this sort of thing with Rehgar in a real game, but I'd also like the general healing numbers to come down alongside that. But it's hard to tell what kind of balance ripple effects would occur from there.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
why did you hide your own name

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts
I don't know why but I can't play Hanzo to save my life. I won him in a box, and haven't won any of the games I've played. I'm bad with aiming scatter arrow, shooting storm bolt, and getting my range.

Hate it.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

God I want everything in this event

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

the yellow dart posted:

shooting storm bolt

Well there's your problem, you're actually playing Muradin!

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I played some Zagara today for quests, and god is she just a bully if the other team doesn't have someone who can check her.

Believe it or not, I finished Bile Drop once. That was a good game. :allears:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I'm sure Apoc will still be the go-to for higher level play but the new Lightning Breath doesn't actually seem all that bad anymore. The slow stacks up really fast so it offers some useful crowd control.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

:allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRDuvsG7cQ4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Talento, talento, TALENTO!