Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

Cool bike, detestable speedo. It could look like bloody anything and they chose 'Chinese army ruggedized ipad'

It's fine it'll stop being annoying once it ingests moisture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Motorcycles and finding mexican food of dubious quality sold from a truck, name a better combo.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Slavvy posted:

Cool bike, detestable speedo. It could look like bloody anything and they chose 'Chinese army ruggedized ipad'

Fortunately, can't normally see the speedo/dash while riding. At least I can't. It's below my field of view.

I keep the dash in dark mode because the ambient light sensor is absolute trash. It likes to flip between light and dark with just shadows passing over it. Find it distracting if I happen to catch it out of the corner of my eye.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

dema posted:

Fortunately, can't normally see the speedo/dash while riding. At least I can't. It's below my field of view.

I keep the dash in dark mode because the ambient light sensor is absolute trash. It likes to flip between light and dark with just shadows passing over it. Find it distracting if I happen to catch it out of the corner of my eye.

I'm constantly amused by new cars with automatic lights that turn them on driving into shade under trees and such. like "oh poo poo are they braking?!"

Letmebefrank
Oct 9, 2012

Entitled

Starts to get cooler, but as long I drive in the sun, it is still manageable. Beautiful countryside and very fresh air..

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Stylish and practical, with the new rack!

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
Hadn't ridden the DRZ in a while

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Happy 919 day! Here's an old pic.

Finger Prince posted:

Stylish and practical, with the new rack!

Dog Case posted:

I'm digging the blue Suzuki crew

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Dog Case posted:

lol

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

FBS posted:

I'm digging the blue Suzuki crew

Bluzuki Crew

BabelFish fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Sep 21, 2022

Oibignose
Jun 30, 2007

tasty yellow beef

Bought a 125 for winter commuting.

It’s slow and not cool but I really like riding it.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Oibignose posted:

Thread title

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat

Oibignose posted:

Why? Just don't want to inflict salt on your main bike?

Also is that a couch in your garage? :jebstare:

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Couch in garage is a good idea. Very useful for when you're in absolute despair about why [thing] doesn't loving work and you need something to defeatedly crash down on.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Garagecouches rule. If you have the weather to make them worth it, they're absolutely a good investment

Oibignose
Jun 30, 2007

tasty yellow beef
I only bought the little Honda because it was for sale locally. Hadn’t been used since Covid although it’s had a hard ten years. 20k miles and a life outside before the previous owner I think. All it needed was a good service new battery and a few adjustments on the rear brake. Bit of a project and I only need it for a 10 mile daily commute. I’ve just sold my main bike as I needed some cash for household DIY so this will do until spring.

Garage couch is possibly the best thing since the motorcycle itself. Good to sit down and take 5 minutes and contemplate any issues you’re having during maintenance. Its leather so I just give it a good clean every month during winter and cover it with a decorators cloth if I’m not planning on going in there for a while.

Oibignose
Jun 30, 2007

tasty yellow beef

LimaBiker posted:

Couch in garage is a good idea. Very useful for when you're in absolute despair about why [thing] doesn't loving work and you need something to defeatedly crash down on.

Exactly this. Sit down have a cup of tea and wait for the eureka moment to hopefully happen.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Oibignose posted:

The stock tyres on those are utter dogshit in the wet, just FYI.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Steakandchips posted:

It's funny that this could apply to literally any 125/150 on the market.

Oibignose
Jun 30, 2007

tasty yellow beef

Steakandchips posted:

They are not great in the dry either. They appear to be fairly new, in mileage anyway. Not going to spend anything else on it though so they will have to do for now. I probably won’t be trying to get my knee down on it.

I wouldn’t mind a more sporty 125 I think that could be actual fun. My first bike was a Yamaha r125 which I didn’t really appreciate at the time but I remember it being actual fun.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

You’ve been told :) good luck!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The sim city roads guy but for tyres

We don't have enough Bridgestones! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!!

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Fresh oil change yesterday and my longest ride yet on the Honda today, 208 miles. My legs are not happy with me but the rest of me had a great time.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
New tires on GT550 and the base electrics are done.

Current state of the fleet.

From the left 04 Yamaha Fz6n, 89 Yamaha xt600zTenere 600, 89 Kawasaki gt550 and lastly my 94 Honda nx250.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

What’s the car? It kind of looks like a TVR to me?

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
Ah., that's my big brother's Smart roadster coupe brabus. same equipment package as this one I think
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvABNYnhvbs

Supradog fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 2, 2022

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Lmao I didn’t even know that existed

Also man that tenere just pops, love the fleet!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Supradog posted:

New tires on GT550 and the base electrics are done.

Current state of the fleet.

From the left 04 Yamaha Fz6n, 89 Yamaha xt600zTenere 600, 89 Kawasaki gt550 and lastly my 94 Honda nx250.

That Tenere is fine as heck!

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat
Getting some fall riding in before the snow and salt hits in a month or two.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Do you have working brakes now?

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat

Slavvy posted:

Do you have working brakes now?

Rear brakes are good, front brakes still suck, but they’re good enough for now. Will tackle the fronts over the winter, and after rebuilding the rear (where I gained knowledge and tools), should take a day or two rather than 3 weeks lol.

Especially now that they’ve stopped selling the EVO Sportster, the more I know about maintaining this bike the better off I’ll be.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Who cares about rear brakes? Fixing the front brakes should be an absolute priority.

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Who cares about rear brakes? Fixing the front brakes should be an absolute priority.

Heh, after posting I figured that was coming. The front brakes relatively suck, compared to brakes on other bikes I’ve ridden. And this is the first dual disc I’ve owned, so my expectation was high, I was expecting a lot of stopping power with minimal effort. But they’re ‘just ok’, which I’m attributing to the bike just being 17 years old and needing some love.

The rear was dragging and needed attention. Also, rebuilding the rear MC and caliper was a good dry run for servicing the front, which, I agree, actually matters, and didn’t want to muck up on munchkin’s first brake job.

epswing fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Oct 10, 2022

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Ok, fair enough :)

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.
That's a nice lookin' sportster.

Oibignose
Jun 30, 2007

tasty yellow beef
Great looking sportster, kind of want one now. Kudos.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

:911:

https://www.combatmotors.com/product-page/wraith
Only $155k

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

An emissary from the universe of tack

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

quote:

Like it's P-51 Combat Fighter predecessor, the all new Wraith is carved entirely from solid billet blocks of military-grade aluminum, resulting in the most robust, lightweight, fatigue-resistant motorcycle possible.

Chassis: Machined aluminum monocoque,

There is no such thing as a "P-51 Combat Fighter"

The P-51 mustang was made from riveted aluminum sheet, not machined billet

A plain old steel frame is far more fatigue-resistant than any aluminum frame

There is nothing on this that could remotely be described as a monocoque

Argh

E: oh okay the "P-51 combat fighter" is one of their other motorcycle models. That's a stupid name. Other points still stand

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That definitely looks lightweight yes sir