Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

All they had was a couple of city kits and some overpriced chima bits. They didn't stock any lego movie stuff, not even minifigs.

That's poo poo man. My Morrison's isn't even a big store and it had a standee just for the movie/mini-figs dotting the aisle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

PriorMarcus posted:

That's poo poo man. My Morrison's isn't even a big store and it had a standee just for the movie/mini-figs dotting the aisle.

I'd never been in this shop but their toy section was two small shelves of disorganised crap with a couple of poorly priced Lego kits strewn around :smith: May go to Toys R Us instead but will only pick up one kit if I can't get them on sale - at least I have a voucher though!

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

The Rage posted:

Between Plastik and Tiny Brontosaurus the last week has been super weird in the Lego thread.

There are some super serious opinions on lego in this thread!

All over mystery box minifigs.

In all honesty though, if you have the power to detect which legomans are which and you're not also helping the kids around you source their preferred minifigs while you source yours, you're kind of a literal hitler monster.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

President Kucinich posted:

There are some super serious opinions on lego in this thread!

All over mystery box minifigs.

In all honesty though, if you have the power to detect which legomans are which and you're not also helping the kids around you source their preferred minifigs while you source yours, you're kind of a literal hitler monster.

I make it a point to talk to every child that comes up to my greasy ponytailed memeshirted cumstained jorts wearin rear end and ask them if they're looking for anyone in particular.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

And you've managed to avoid jailtime talking to kids in that outfit?

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

The Rage posted:

I make it a point to talk to every child that comes up to my greasy ponytailed memeshirted cumstained jorts wearin rear end and ask them if they're looking for anyone in particular.

Demonstrating what their future beholds should they continue playing with legos is the greatest help of all.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I tell any teenager I chat with about toys to keep their legos no matter what, because while there's that period from about age 15 to 25 where you're "too old" for stuff like that, eventually every guy turns into a kid again and wants that stuff back.

Not sure any listen because who the gently caress wants to take advice but at least I tried.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

When the first Minecraft set released, it sold out pretty quickly. Then, right after the speculators bought up as many as they could and had jacked the price up to like $75, LEGO released a new "printing" of them, and they've been pretty steadily in stock ever since. I think a similar thing happened with the DeLorean, but my memory may be off.

I still have to get me one o' them Curiosity rovers. I hope they make a new batch of those, if they're indeed backordered. :ohdear:

edit - inre: cuusoo sets having short production runs from previous page.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Pirate Ken posted:

Anyway, Lone Ranger sets, after buying a few at half off, are great. I have no desire to see the film but these are probably better than any 1996 Wild West reboot we could have dreamed of. Classic train, beautiful stage coach, and the mine! The mine is a hidden gem (and great if you can/could pick it up for $35) with so many cool play features and a great look.

I think you'll find that it's actually a chi mine hotly contested by crocodiles and lions... and guarded by mixels.

It's is a nice set though, a fun build too.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

In other news, has anyone managed any cool new angles with part 15706?

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=15706

I dismantled lord's business' lair to play with them and they broke my brain. Nothing lines up when you use them and I've never been very good with "illegal" connections.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
The weirdest part of Plastik's...whatever that was, is that lego recently became the second largest toy manufacturer in the world. With only one product. If that's not a company doing gangbusters I don't know what is.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The largish WHSmith near my work had a bunch of movie sets/minifigs, plus they've been having 'Spend £15, get £5 off' coupons on their receipts, which made me buy Cloud Cuckoo Land yesterday for £12, which was pretty nifty.

Also, someone unscrupulous could make out big on the self checkouts at WHSmiths. I found out by accident when buying minifigs that the checkouts won't register the weight of one single bagged minifig, only 2. So I didn't realise until after that I'd paid that I'd only paid for 1. :ohdear:

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

President Kucinich posted:

I always do this and the kids or their parents appreciate it. The last time a kid refused to believe me. Yes I'm sure it's Emmet, half of this box is just Emmets and cops.

I am pretty curious how the availability of Benny's ship is going to play out. I definitely want one to display and one for dicking around with.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I've only ever run into a kid whiles minifig-pickin once, and he liked just drawing at random.

Good for you, kid.

I've long since stopped feeling up bags since I ended up with a dozen baseball players and skydivers and now I just grab a handful at random whenever I see them. Makes it a little more magical.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

xzzy posted:

I'm probably going to buy a couple, but I'm an enormous classic space sperg. I really want multiple copies of that canopy.

Plus a set full of blue and grey is a gold mine of parts for new ships.

I'd love a couple Benny's Spaceship but with no release date yet, May 4th coming up soon, and the new fall Star Wars sets, I don't know if I can justify two of them.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

I am kinda looking forward to the Simpsons minifigure set. I'm hoping they have some really neat accessory pieces with them. I've seen a donut so far, it would be awesome if like Itchy or Scratchy comes with a large comical mallet or something. Maybe a paste bottle or a little leprechaun like the panda bear for Ralph. Pretty much guaranteed Lisa will have a sax and Bart a skateboard. It's one series then they go back to normal stuff. Enjoy it.

I wouldn't be opposed to a few smaller car sets, Mr. Plow plow, the Homer, or even the Canyonero.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ltr posted:

I'd love a couple Benny's Spaceship but with no release date yet, May 4th coming up soon, and the new fall Star Wars sets, I don't know if I can justify two of them.

Pretty much every rumor you can find with google says Benny's will be out in August.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

xzzy posted:

Pretty much every rumor you can find with google says Benny's will be out in August.

I'd bet pounds to pennies that's when the DVD is out.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

I'd bet pounds to pennies that's when the DVD is out.

There is no way the DVD is coming out in 5 months. It's still killing in the theaters and hasn't even hit the cheap theaters yet. I imagine closer to Christmas you'll see it.

Digital War
May 28, 2006

Ahhh, poetry.
Estimated release date for the DVD is in May. The gap between the big screen and DVD has been getting shorter and seems to be around 5 months now. Frozen is still being shown in my local AMC and it's out on DVD in 4 days.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Digital War posted:

Estimated release date for the DVD is in May. The gap between the big screen and DVD has been getting shorter and seems to be around 5 months now. Frozen is still being shown in my local AMC and it's out on DVD in 4 days.

5 months would put it in July.

Wow but I can see what you mean. Wolf of wall steet released in dec and is already coming out the end of this month. So I guess a 3-5 month delay isn't unreasonable. Jeez I remember the days when it was like 8+ months before the DVD was out. I guess they are starting to realize more people would rather sit home and watch then spend $40+ to sit in a noisy movie theater.

I take back my august comment!

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Network42 posted:

The weirdest part of Plastik's...whatever that was, is that lego recently became the second largest toy manufacturer in the world. With only one product. If that's not a company doing gangbusters I don't know what is.

It's not as if it took four decades, several television series and a few theme parks to get there.

E: I'm sorry, this thread has been getting so angry feeling and I'm not helping. To cheer things up, I'm applying at the LEGO store in my mall that I forgot existed. It's not gonna live up to the store in Anaheim where they build massive LEGO statues of Disney vistas in front, but it'd be nice to be around LEGO in my own way and actually make money instead of losing it (or transforming it into LEGO reproductions of the towers :911: )

Jeff Goldblum fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 14, 2014

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm pretty sure the theme parks and tv shows are fairly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

I'm just saying this recent rise to power has been more thanks to the magic of Warner Bros. than LEGO. I mean the nostalgia of LEGO itself was probably what attracted Chris McKay, but you can bet things would not be where they are right now if LEGO had gone through a smaller production. Probably would have looked more like LEGO Star Wars: The Movie.

E: Unless this singular product we're referring to is the Simpsons set. :v:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Oh no, Lego GAMES is being shut down - so no more of those neat little games with cool micro builds of things. Or rather, the website is being shut down because all the Lego GAMES are no longer in production.

I'll need to get all the image resources from there before it goes for if I need it for some home brew games I build out of the ones I have.

Amoeba102 fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Mar 15, 2014

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I wish Heroica would have been a bigger hit. My daughter loves them. Glad we picked them all up (minus that tiny one).

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I'm not gonna lie, I hope the UCS X-Wing goes on sale for May the 4th.

I want it so bad.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
Helped a sad-looking kid to grab a random Lego Movie minifig today. They restocked them at our local Big W today and they put the minifig boxes at the absolute top of the shelves, about 2m off the ground, probably to stop people stealing them. I reached up for one and asked if he wanted any help looking for a particular one but he was happy with just any ol' one and he quickly ran off yelling to his parents about how he managed to reach one without their help :3:

And now I'm two President Businesses up. Not gonna lie, was feeling up for that coffee cup to try and get Larry. But another two minifigs for the parts bin, nothing wrong with that.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

rickiep00h posted:

I wish Heroica would have been a bigger hit. My daughter loves them. Glad we picked them all up (minus that tiny one).

Which tiny one? The one that had 2 orcs and a weapon that was some bonus thingy. Or the Draida Bay one? I loved Heroica. It was just perfect aesthetically. I ended up picking all of them, plus a second of draida bay and the castle fortaan. I did get play all of the first 4 that were released, but I didn't get to try out the illrion.
I like the idea of building some dungeons to explore in a very light rpg playstyle. I had planned to put everything together, and even bought some other games to add stuff to it, like a dragon, a giant spider, a lava monster etc. Maybe I'll get it all out again soon.

Edit: Mix in the Hobbit and LOTR games they made and you get some dwarves, Gandaaf, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, some rohirrim and a hell of a lot of orcs.

Amoeba102 fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Mar 15, 2014

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Aaronicon posted:

Helped a sad-looking kid to grab a random Lego Movie minifig today. They restocked them at our local Big W today and they put the minifig boxes at the absolute top of the shelves, about 2m off the ground, probably to stop people stealing them. I reached up for one and asked if he wanted any help looking for a particular one but he was happy with just any ol' one and he quickly ran off yelling to his parents about how he managed to reach one without their help :3:

And now I'm two President Businesses up. Not gonna lie, was feeling up for that coffee cup to try and get Larry. But another two minifigs for the parts bin, nothing wrong with that.

I've got an extra Larry if you want him.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Amoeba102 posted:

Which tiny one? The one that had 2 orcs and a weapon that was some bonus thingy. Or the Draida Bay one? I loved Heroica. It was just perfect aesthetically. I ended up picking all of them, plus a second of draida bay and the castle fortaan. I did get play all of the first 4 that were released, but I didn't get to try out the illrion.
I like the idea of building some dungeons to explore in a very light rpg playstyle. I had planned to put everything together, and even bought some other games to add stuff to it, like a dragon, a giant spider, a lava monster etc. Maybe I'll get it all out again soon.

Edit: Mix in the Hobbit and LOTR games they made and you get some dwarves, Gandaaf, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, some rohirrim and a hell of a lot of orcs.

The bonus one. It was just a poly bag iirc.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Well, that was easy. Walked into my sainsburys, felt two bags, they were the ones I needed. :)

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Aaronicon posted:

You horrible monster! Were those jorts cum stained before or after you felt up that little boy's toy?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Lego Megathread: Cum Stained Jorts Uniform

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

But I don't own any jorts. :ohdear:

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Network42 posted:

If anything, the concern right now should be over saturation. Expanding too fast and having too many theme lines leading to customer fatigue.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

rickiep00h posted:

The bonus one. It was just a poly bag iirc.

Yeah, I never got, or saw, that one either.

Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007

Ponsuke-san!!
Hi all! So new to lego. I never had them growing up so I've started playing with the modular buildings! Gotta say I'm pretty disappointed. So far I've put together the cinema, fire brigade and half the pet shop. In every box I've been missing between 2-5 pieces! I've read that's not common so I'm pretty sad about it.. For the brigade I contacted lego online to ask for replacement pieces but it's been two weeks and no reply. Am I just having insanely bad luck? :(

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Candy Dawn posted:

Hi all! So new to lego. I never had them growing up so I've started playing with the modular buildings! Gotta say I'm pretty disappointed. So far I've put together the cinema, fire brigade and half the pet shop. In every box I've been missing between 2-5 pieces! I've read that's not common so I'm pretty sad about it.. For the brigade I contacted lego online to ask for replacement pieces but it's been two weeks and no reply. Am I just having insanely bad luck? :(

I can honestly say I've never gotten a kit with a piece missing. Occasionally pieces are loose in the box if they're larger, or in different plastic bags than you'd expect (unless numbered). Are you sure you've not missed any?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Yeah, I've had only a couple of missing pieces and I'd consider myself quite a big buyer, I've also never had a problem with their customer service who are usually very quick and amazing. Maybe the Movie launch and surge in popularity is slowing them down?