Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

xthetenth posted:

Why would it be good? Same 4 turret broadside, just a very little bit less slow.

Because it's Dreadnought :colbert:

JuffoWup posted:

Edit: does anyone have info on the tier 9 and 10 ships? Quick google search comes up with names of old konig and kaiser class vessels of WW1. I can't imagine those are considered better than the bismark several tiers after the original kaiser and konig is worked through. I'm assuming these are paper designs used. However, now I'm curious why the old name and not ersatz as is normally used when reusing a ship name in the german navy.

They'll be H-type ships with fake names, one of which (the 10) is Grossdeutschland, and one is definitely H-39, but not sure if that's the 9 or 10. H-39 was an upscaled Bismarck with 16" guns, H-41 was an improved H-39 with 16.5" guns, and from then on it entered nutty banana Nazi wunderwaffe territory up to a 130,000 ton thing with 20" guns called H-44

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Actually, a pre-view pic I saw somewhere else named the 9 and T10 as "Friedrich der Große" and "Großer Kurfürst" respectively. Most likely for H-39 is tier 9 while the tier 10 slot would be better filled by H-41.

Gwaihir posted:

Wow it really is a giant cruiser with those guns. Great turret speed and reload though. Seems like it'd play way differently than other BBs, in that you probably aren't going to get any citadels on same tier BBs with it, but you should do ruinous damage just punching through superstructures and fore/aft unarmored parts.

That rudder shift is so bad though.

At least the prem Scharnhorst also has torpedos with 6km range. Gneisenau in the tree will most likely have the option to switch the turrets to a double-38cm setup instead of the tripple-28cms.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Grossdeutschland was mentioned by name in the "What's coming in 2016" video, but that was months ago, and since they're making the names up anyway they've probably changed a bunch of times

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

getting back into this game. the eve communite got me an invite when that matererd. I'd like to join a goon group. im not bad but ot goof so looing for tolerant group. i wante o improre.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Join the Goon discord, there's usually lots of Goons wanting to division, instructions should be in the op. There's no actual clan because the system hasn't been implemented yet.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

hemophilia posted:

getting back into this game. the eve communite got me an invite when that matererd. I'd like to join a goon group. im not bad but ot goof so looing for tolerant group. i wante o improre.

Join the Discord, download the app.. you won't need to join a specific group.

https://discordapp.com/invite/0lSMRHzXe0ACHNvV

I think there is one slot open in SEAMN (pun intended) but that's it. I don't really prune membership because clans not being implemented means no reason to kick people out to make room for serious business.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So I finally got impatient last night and threw most of my free xp into finally unlocking the Furrytaco.
you

SKIPPED

THE KUMAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?

You're dead to me

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Magni posted:

Actually, a pre-view pic I saw somewhere else named the 9 and T10 as "Friedrich der Große" and "Großer Kurfürst" respectively. Most likely for H-39 is tier 9 while the tier 10 slot would be better filled by H-41.

At least the prem Scharnhorst also has torpedos with 6km range. Gneisenau in the tree will most likely have the option to switch the turrets to a double-38cm setup instead of the tripple-28cms.

The preview pic is right there in the link which is why I asked. I looked up their names and came up with old ww1 vessels.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

So apparently there's a new fortress attack mode.

On one map.

For tier X games.

:ramsay:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

JuffoWup posted:

The preview pic is right there in the link which is why I asked. I looked up their names and came up with old ww1 vessels.

I opened the link and then got distracted and forgot to read it before posting didn't realise there was a preview up already; still the same thing though, fake names applied to what I'm 99% certain are H-39 and H-41, because they don't use project names for paper ships

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

NTRabbit posted:

I opened the link and then got distracted and forgot to read it before posting didn't realise there was a preview up already; still the same thing though, fake names applied to what I'm 99% certain are H-39 and H-41, because they don't use project names for paper ships

Wargaming putting in one of the silly German paper ships with 18" or 20" guns would be an amazing/hilarious gently caress off to the Yamato craziness.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Hazdoc posted:

you

SKIPPED

THE KUMAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?

You're dead to me

No, I played the Kuma all the way through, I just used my free xp to 'pre-elite' the Furutaka.

Also, given this game's popularity in :japan: I can't see them giving the Germans the H42-H44, because JAPAN MUST BE STRONKEST. But, :japan: seems to love Hitler, so who knows - Germany in WoWs might be the same as Germany in WoT - biggest alpha damage. It would also spur people to grind a new line from scratch, which means ~profits~.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jul 6, 2016

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Gettin' mad the US doesn't have a ship with the 18"/47 with superheavy shells like Jeezus intended.

Gorau
Apr 28, 2008
Looking at paper stats I'm wondering if they can afford to allow the H41 to be the T10 German battleship. Even with 16.5" guns, only having 8 of them leaves it at a serious disadvantage compared to a Montana or Yamato. What kind of gimmick would they have to give it to make it comparable? Super fast reload? God's own AP shells?

Edit: on the other hand, having the H42 would be freaking hilarious. 18.9" guns, 90,000 tons displacement. Even bigger in game than the Yamato. Hell, it sounds like a perfect way to get people to grind another BB tree. I don't know why they wouldn't do it!

Gorau fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jul 6, 2016

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Gwaihir posted:

Wargaming putting in one of the silly German paper ships with 18" or 20" guns would be an amazing/hilarious gently caress off to the Yamato craziness.

Tanks aren't sacred so why the hell would ships be any different to WG right?

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Is it me or does the tier 10 image have triple turrets?
(and the ship in the big picture doesn't look quite the same as the Gneisenau)
:psyduck:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

demonR6 posted:

Tanks aren't sacred so why the hell would ships be any different to WG right?

I never played WoT (Only War Thunder) so I wasn't sure how quick they were to bust out the paper tigers to fill in the obvious holes for things like German and Russian navies.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

James Garfield posted:

Is it me or does the tier 10 image have triple turrets?
(and the ship in the big picture doesn't look quite the same as the Gneisenau)
:psyduck:

It's not just you :psyduck: If you zoom it to full screen, the icon looks like 3 guns.

Also the big artists rendition in the middle of the loving screen is the same ship, with a Bismarck/H-39 behind it, christ, because those definitely aren't Gneisenau turrets

So they got around the problem by putting fake triple turrets on a paper battleship, but Montana can't have the super heavy AP shells her guns were firing out of Iowas in real life

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 6, 2016

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

NTRabbit posted:

So they got around the problem by putting fake triple turrets on a paper battleship, but Montana can't have the super heavy AP shells her guns were firing out of Iowas in real life

gently caress you, gaijin subhuman!

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
For more comedy of this patch:

So I had a fun little kiev game the other day. Luckily, I have replays enabled like a smart person. Reviewed that yes, it worked just so I could remind myself of the highlights. Then I transferred to my laptop, updated the client to set up the settings. With all that done, I tried to launch the replay so I can record it. Funny thing, it takes me to the login screen now. So playback of replays are currently disabled.

Highlight of the kiev game was catching a myoko coming around an island with torp spread. Then later, I get into a fire fight with a york while an atlanta tried to be cute and come around the same island. Dropped torps for the atlanta while shooting the york. Atlanta ate the torps and died followed a second later by the york dying to my shell barrage. Game ended then because that was the last of the enemy.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I'm impressed the matchmaker change seems to actually work. Games still loaded quickly and I things actually looked balanced.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Rather amusing incident in my Tirpitz earlier, though I rather annoyed initially. Cleveland rammed me near the bow, and refused to actually turn off me - even continuing to turn into me when I briefly turned away from him to make it easier. Given where I had initially wanted to go AND the presence of an island within my turning radius in that direction, abandoned that plan and full ruddered the direction I actually wanted to go and just hoped he'd eventually turn off me. And then I saw the Mutsuki. And shortly thereafter, a spread of torpedoes roughly perpendicular to us. Well, then since the Cleveland had caused the problem, he could suffer for it. A brief last minute steering correction to ensure my position was correct, and killing my throttle to dodge the foremost torpedo, and the Cleveland (and his floating wreck after the first two) very nicely absorbed every single torpedo that would have hit me.

I proceeded to kill the Mutsuki not too long after, since he had nicely freed me from that logjam and I knew roughly where he was.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jul 7, 2016

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
https://github.com/BlindNImpotent/WoWS-Ship-Stats-Calculator/releases/tag/v0.12-alpha

I updated fitting tool/stats calculator, if anyone wants to use it.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
I really dislike Zuiho players. People seem to have found that its an amazing seal clubber if it doesn't run into a fighter Bogue. 2 games in a row where an enemy player in one shutdown our team.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Fighter Bogues are incredibly common though, so trying to seal club with it is extremely chancy at best. They might actually be better served just trying to seal club with a Hosho.

edit: Lovely, ended the night pink. Thanks moron Clemson. First he sailed right into a ~3.5 km gap between me in a Budy and a Kongo as I was lining up for a torpedo run. Forcing me to pause so I didn't hit him, only launching after he cleared the Kongo. Of course, he THEN decided to loving spin around and head back on the other side of the Kongo to launch his second set of torpedoes, then continued heading straight ignoring torpedo warnings and the blatantly obvious visual indicators. Hell, he didn't even have to dodge the full spread, just the 2 that didn't hit the remains of the Kongo. Instead, he took both and then proceeded to flood to death, because of course he did. 70+k damage and 2 games later, still pink. Utter bullshit system.

Also, reminding myself on the rules of getting rid of or gaining it, what retard at WG decided friendly ramming damage and secondaries should be counted? Players have very little control over secondaries, making them impossible to deliberately damage friendlies with them, and friendly ramming does such pathetic damage that I don't think I've ever seen someone die from it.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jul 8, 2016

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Turning off your AA guns will also turn off your secondaries. Though it's still a loving stupid system.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Fighter Bogue is the only build that makes sense given the abysmally small hanger, but bomber Bogue is the only way to get XP. So you'll run into a decent number of bomber Bogues, which are free XP to any Zuiho that knows just how vulnerable the Bogue is. Even if the Bogue is fighter-specc, all you need to do is play footsie with his fighters until your bombers can get a clean run in on the Bogue, then it's lights out. One bombing run should be all it ever takes.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

The more I've played carriers, the more I've realized that fighters are completely unnecessary for success.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Sacre bleu

Also Scharnhorst, which definitely looks nothing like the triple turret ship that is now certainly the t10

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Where are those from? Reddit? The Russian forums?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Facebook, Wargaming released 'em themselves. Dunkerque is supposed to be "the first French ship coming to WoWs", not sure if that's a poorly written way of saying she's the first one they've done, or if they're planning to make her an early premium tier 7, which doesn't bode well for the tree, since Strasbourg should be the premium.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jul 8, 2016

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
I really like those quad-turrets. But no rear guns? That is bad if you have to move.

So I got the New Mex last night, and holy poo poo it actually lands shots on things, I almost don't know what to do. Really glad I saved up the free XP for the B hull right away though.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

CitizenKain posted:

I really like those quad-turrets. But no rear guns? That is bad if you have to move.

So I got the New Mex last night, and holy poo poo it actually lands shots on things, I almost don't know what to do. Really glad I saved up the free XP for the B hull right away though.

I actually got fed up with the dispersion on my New Mex a few weeks ago and traded up to a Colorado for ranked. The New Mex is definately a great ship though, but its hard to go back to those shotgun spreads when playing higher tier BBs and Cruisers.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

CitizenKain posted:

Richelieu should be the tier 8, and it has the same layout, albeit with 15" guns as opposed to the 13" guns on Dunkerque. The French battleship tree should be, at least by my reckoning

Courbert - 6x 2 12" guns 2, fore, 2 aft, 2 wing
Bretagne - 5x 2 13.4" guns, 2 fore, 1 mid, 2 aft
Normandie - 3x 4 13.4" guns, 1 fore, 1 mid, 1 aft
Lyon - 4x 4 13.4" guns, 2 fore, 2 aft
Dunkerque - 2x 4 13" guns, 2 fore
Richelieu - 2x 4 15" guns, 2 fore
Alsace no. 1 with the quads from no. 3 instead of triples - 3x 4 15" guns, 2 fore, 1 aft
Bourgogne - they had been working on a 16" gun design, easy enough to dummy up a quad turret like the fictional German tier 10 triples and make an Alsace no. 3 with 3x 4 16" guns, 2 fore, 1 aft

Quad turrets are the French thing

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jul 8, 2016

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

NTRabbit posted:

Richelieu should be the tier 8, and it has the same layout, albeit with 15" guns as opposed to the 13" guns on Dunkerque. The French battleship tree should be, at least by my reckoning

Courbert - 6x 2 12" guns 2, fore, 2 aft, 2 wing
Bretagne - 5x 2 13.4" guns, 2 fore, 1 mid, 2 aft
Normandie - 3x 4 13.4" guns, 1 fore, 1 mid, 1 aft
Lyon - 4x 4 13.4" guns, 2 fore, 2 aft
Dunkerque - 2x 4 13" guns, 2 fore
Richelieu - 2x 4 15" guns, 2 fore
Alsace no. 1 with the quads from 3 - 3x 4 15" guns, 1 fore, 2 aft
No idea, but they had been working on a 16" gun design, easy enough to dummy up a quad turret like the fictional German tier 10 triples and make an Alsace no. 3 with 3x 4 16" guns, 2 fore, 1 aft

Quad turrets are the French thing

The real Alsace designs had either 9x15", 9x16" or 12x15" so maybe wargaming decided that none of those are suitable for tier 10, and with no tier 10 available the French battleship line will be limited to premium ships.
They could invent an Alsace with 12x16" and put that at tier 10, but only the Nazis get that luxury.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

They can gently caress right off if that's what they've done :colbert:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

EDIT: NVM

wdarkk fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jul 8, 2016

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

wdarkk posted:

Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't see them on the facebook page for either world of warships or wargaming.net.

https://www.facebook.com/WorldOfWarships/posts/1047154372034258

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Thanks. No idea why it wouldn't show up on the actual page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Started playing this game last night. At first I was winning every game with my little Erie and I was like 'wow I'm really loving good at this game' and then I realized I had been playing computers the whole time, swapped to playing real people and I don't think I won a single game since.

I am not good at this game.

Edit: Although it is really really fun. I'll probably hop on Discord tonight and be taught to be not bad by goons or otherwise hide my badness by being in a division

Edit 2: The moment I head the sound of a full salvo firing in this game I was hooked.